Author Topic: RIP Robbie McKinley  (Read 37102 times)

Tommy G

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
Re: RIP Robbie McKinley
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2023, 02:25:39 PM »
Damn dude I still think about that nollie back heel he did near the end of Yeah Right where the flashes light up the reflective lights in a row as he lands it. Loved both of his parts. Rest in Peace Robbie

c-dock

• Rep: 10
  • Lurker
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2023, 03:46:38 PM »
Fuck man, never like seeing one of these threads pop up. Watched his Yeah Right part so much growing up, gonna have to put it on repeat tonight. Hope his family is doing alright, RIP

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2023, 03:48:19 PM »
definitely a big influence growing up, so surprised he never made it to the pro ranks.

RIP fella
ohyeahohyeah

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2023, 04:28:09 PM »
Absolutely terrible.  I was looking at IG and i noticed all my favorite accounts that repost sick skating had Robbie, then i realized it was because he passed.  DC vid and Yeah right were heavy rotations on me, always loved his skating.

Also loved his outlook and gratitude for the opportunities skating gave him.  Industry owed him a lot more but he always seemed grateful in every interview.  RIP man
where is home?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2023, 04:29:05 PM »
RIP

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2023, 04:42:41 PM »
One of my fav styles and bags all time. That’s nollie back heel!

I second the alien/habitat comment, he would have fit perfectly alongside D-Gar!

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2023, 04:53:12 PM »
I have a funny story about a time we hung out after a Make-A-Wish event in Houston.  It was myself, my friend Fred, Robbie, and Stevie Williams.  It was right before Stevie’s shoe was going to drop and Robbie just got on.  We were all in the the car flowing DC freestyles haha.  Stevie was hyped haha

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2023, 05:26:29 PM »
This is so sad, what a great dude. I remember back in the day getting free bearings and a girl board from Robbie! He never cool guyed us annoying kids even after we asked him 10,000 questions about Koston. This really hurts my heart.

RIP Legend

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2023, 05:35:49 PM »
Kelly Hart storys is so sad. Dude was such a good person.
Miss you Rusty Berings

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 57
  • energy vampire
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2023, 06:30:35 PM »
What the fuck dude that's so sad to hear. RIP to a very real one.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2023, 07:11:51 PM »
RIP
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2023, 07:25:36 PM »
RIP
Robbie in Rodney vs Daewon <3
http://youtu.be/wUkcr40eXis?t=88

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2023, 07:29:59 PM »
Would love for Girl to give him a pro/memorial board to pay for his family/funeral costs or whatever.   

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2023, 07:54:05 PM »
Would love for Girl to give him a pro/memorial board to pay for his family/funeral costs or whatever.
totally, that’s what i posted right when the news came out. kelly said the same thing on the nine club just now too so hopefully it happens, girl has been pretty good with loyalty so i feel like it will.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2023, 09:00:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
totally, that’s what i posted right when the news came out. kelly said the same thing on the nine club just now too so hopefully it happens, girl has been pretty good with loyalty so i feel like it will.
Yeah, I watched the beginning to hear what they'd say, and I so agree with C-Rob about viewing him and Robbie as a duo. Glad to see Kelly bring this up when there were 3 longtime guys on crail and one who is an original Girl rider. I always thought it was weird he never got the bump. I feel Crail will do it if it would help pay for something, help his family or could go to a cause that Robbie cared about.

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2023, 09:20:26 PM »
Super weird he never got a board, especially how many dudes milked it for so long

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2023, 10:00:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Yeah, I watched the beginning to hear what they'd say, and I so agree with C-Rob about viewing him and Robbie as a duo. Glad to see Kelly bring this up when there were 3 longtime guys on crail and one who is an original Girl rider. I always thought it was weird he never got the bump. I feel Crail will do it if it would help pay for something, help his family or could go to a cause that Robbie cared about.
chris and jeron have talked about it in past episodes saying how he was set up to go pro & he just kind of bailed. they always talked about how they wish he would’ve just stuck around & turned pro, maybe he was just over it.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2023, 10:08:15 PM »
He explains it in his chromeball interview

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2023, 10:31:16 PM »
I don’t remember it being in CBI, but does anyone else know the significance of the barcode at the start of his YH part?

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2023, 11:27:58 PM »
I remember back in the day getting to the end of a Thrasher mag and seeing this kid do possibly the biggest road gap switch tre for a Girl ad. I only remembered him from a random Society ad or something before that.

I thought to myself, this dude is the future!!!!!!!! No one had done a switch tre that long before (that I could remember)

I was so ready to buy a Girl board with his name on it. Fuck.

One of the best IG handles too.

Fuxk fuck fuck

R.I.P

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2023, 11:48:01 PM »
R.I.P.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2023, 12:00:16 AM »
Dude made it look easy. That Chafey line in Round 1…. Fakie bs 5-0 fs halfcab out, then nollie 180 nosegrind. Fuck.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2023, 12:09:40 AM »
Manolo posted a mix, but it seems Instagram disabled copying links.  I could just be an old dork. That line was so aesthetically pleasing.

Sorry, Allen.  My big ass thumb “kooked” you when I wanted to “gnar” you. “Can’t reverse a karma action” type vibe

My bad

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2023, 12:21:51 AM »
Manolo posted a mix, but it seems Instagram disabled copying links.  I could just be an old dork. That line was so aesthetically pleasing.

Sorry, Allen.  My big ass thumb “kooked” you when I wanted to “gnar” you. “Can’t reverse a karma action” type vibe

My bad
they moved things around a bit but you can still copy/share links. here’s the post.
http://www.instagram.com/reel/CqYx-wJobfL/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2023, 12:38:04 AM »
So sad. RIP
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

CrappybsflipDownthe5stair

• Rep: 8
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2023, 01:51:17 AM »
Awful news.

Rip.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 88
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2023, 03:07:46 AM »
So sad
RIP

finecojeffe

• Rep: 130
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2023, 05:31:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
chris and jeron have talked about it in past episodes saying how he was set up to go pro & he just kind of bailed. they always talked about how they wish he would’ve just stuck around & turned pro, maybe he was just over it.
I wonder if this is around the time I met him...we both went to art institute and had some basic courses together around 2003-2005. I'm not sure when he enrolled exactly though.

Hopefully Girl does make a board, I'll definitely buy one.

Knox Harrington

• Rep: 10
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2023, 07:35:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
I wonder if this is around the time I met him...we both went to art institute and had some basic courses together around 2003-2005. I'm not sure when he enrolled exactly though.

Hopefully Girl does make a board, I'll definitely buy one.
I think 2003 was the turning point when he wouldn’t be out skating much. He’d always be at Venice or the Sand Gaps before that.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2023, 07:56:22 AM »
Manolo posted a mix, but it seems Instagram disabled copying links.

Made a youtube version: