Author Topic: Kitty cats  (Read 4518 times)

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
Re: Kitty cats
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2023, 09:07:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Mia's beautiful she reminds of a cat we had

How hard is it to harness train a cat? I see more people nowadays walking their cat and I'm baffled at how insane (in my head it's unnatural to walk a cat hence my amazement reaction) it is
[close]
no idea but i'm hoping that the fact she wants to go outside, it'll be an easy task lol
she honestly wasn't a fan of the collar initially, but she's gotten over it so who knows. she may hate wearing the harness and want nothing to do with walking. i've seen so many videos of people hiking with cats, cats riding in the bike basket, etc. and I'm hoping Mia will grant me those wishes

Hell yeah keep us updated

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 797
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2023, 11:18:17 AM »
My cat straight away walked on a leash with a harness. Like zero training. She will even go sit in her carrier box (which I use to carry her to the park or whatever we are going) and meow that she wants to go for a walk.
I've brought her to parks, pubs, walks in town, mountain hikes, even to the shops (including my local skate shop).

« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 11:25:03 AM by Síota »

swellbowed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2023, 05:01:30 PM »
This is still my favorite thread, keep the pics coming

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2023, 05:07:54 PM »

image hosting

My beautiful Chaco Taco
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2023, 05:23:29 PM »

image hosting

One more.

I miss my little buddy Hattori Hanzo. Here's how big he was.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 9
  • fresh
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2023, 05:32:13 AM »
meow
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2023, 02:28:37 PM »
Just me an the homie feeding some hay

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2023, 02:38:25 AM »
My cat straight away walked on a leash with a harness. Like zero training. She will even go sit in her carrier box (which I use to carry her to the park or whatever we are going) and meow that she wants to go for a walk.
I've brought her to parks, pubs, walks in town, mountain hikes, even to the shops (including my local skate shop).

Somehow I missed this and I'm only seeing it today

Wow that's so cool man, especially if she's the one asking to go out! Does she ever get spooked and tries to run away or something? Usually cats are more reactive to the environment and scared easier

She probably behaves better than my dog lol

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2023, 05:33:33 PM »
My everything

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2023, 06:26:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wow that's so cool man, especially if she's the one asking to go out! Does she ever get spooked and tries to run away or something? Usually cats are more reactive to the environment and scared easier

That's a bengal cat right? or at least part-bengal?  Have only seen that spot pattern on those anyway.  I've always heard those semi wild breeds love to go on walks and that's so damn cool.  Would love to get one of those later in life

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2023, 03:44:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That's a bengal cat right? or at least part-bengal?  Have only seen that spot pattern on those anyway.  I've always heard those semi wild breeds love to go on walks and that's so damn cool.  Would love to get one of those later in life

@Jewel Runner I mostly walk her in a dog free park, when we other places I'm on the look out for dogs. She is pretty chill and I can tell if she is gonna get scared, when I think she will be I put her carrier case on the ground so she can retreat into it if she wants. She always looks at me or rubs my legs if she is worried. As for behaving better than a dog,  well she does shit and piss in a box..hahaha.

@matt_2993 Yes she is a bengal, pure breed. I got her from a family who's mother had a breeder thing (I forget the English word, she breed cats) and passed away. The family gave the cats to an association. I have allergies to cats but bengals have little to no Fel d 1 so was looking for a cat to adopt that wouldn't kill me. She is cool but beware they have lots I mean LOTS of energy. Also are loud, and very very talkative. Thank fuck my next door neighbors had screaming kids when I got her so they can't say shit.  Furthermore, they are supper clingy, like she will follow me room to room and has to be be in the bathroom etc with me/sleep on my side of the bed and so on. My ex's would say she would sleep on thier laps untill she heard me coming home then bolt to wait at the door.

Kumiko

• Rep: 56
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2023, 11:30:01 AM »
This lil terrorist is named Clouch

i love skateboarding all the time, but sometimes i wish i was one of those douchebags who hangs out with hot girls and parties every week

breezy_again

• Rep: 50
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2023, 05:17:04 AM »
i ordered my mom a cat sweater off of instagram. now all my sponsored ads are cat related. its actually pretty cool and a nice changeup.

breezy_again

• Rep: 50
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2023, 05:16:09 AM »
Thanks!

Side note… any tips on getting an older house cat accustomed to their new little brother?  We’ve slowly been trying to introduce them, giving them treats when they don’t attack each other, etc.  I know that the bigger cat will often bite the kitten to assert dominance.. especially when the kitten relentlessly wants to play attack them.. but how long does it typically take for them to become amicable, and is there any way to help that happen?

hey Coastal, i've been meaning to ask, how are the kittys getting along?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2023, 01:18:02 PM »
Got Orange a year and a half ago. She kills scorpions, climbs ladders for people, just doesn't give a fuck. Very friendly and has crazy animal instincts. I can throw her favorite toy mouse up into the loft, she will climb up the ladder and hope down the wall shelves with the mouse in her mouth and drop it at your feet to throw again. If she doesn't see me throw it she will sniff the air and follow the scent. Gets really pissed this time of year if I don't get the fireplace going for us.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2023, 02:50:09 PM »
^^ Immediately sliding into the finalists for Kitty of the Year

Puddy Smally

« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2024, 08:25:18 AM »
My sweet boy just passed away in front of me out of the blue. He had a heart attack. He was only 8 years old. He was my best little buddy.

RIP Jeffrey.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2024, 09:27:03 AM »
My sweet boy just passed away in front of me out of the blue. He had a heart attack. He was only 8 years old. He was my best little buddy.

RIP Jeffrey.

Horrifying. Eight is so young. I’m terribly sorry for your loss, Puddy.

RIP Jeffrey.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2024, 06:27:30 AM »
Expand Quote

RIP Jeffrey.
[close]

RIP Jeffrey.

Fuck. That sucks so much, so sorry for your loss. Poor kitty. I didn't even know cats could have heart attacks.

RIP Jeffrey

Puddy Smally

« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2024, 07:25:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

RIP Jeffrey.
[close]

RIP Jeffrey.
[close]

Fuck. That sucks so much, so sorry for your loss. Poor kitty. I didn't even know cats could have heart attacks.

RIP Jeffrey

It was heartbreaking. He was mid sleep basking in the sun, and he let out a series of distressing meows that felt like “help me”. We tried to wake him, but he started gasping as his tongue hung out of his mouth. His eyes went blank, like a cold stare and it was over. It all happened very quickly, and there was nothing that could be done.

My face hurts from crying. He was a beautiful tiger, and a ridiculously intelligent cat. I also don’t know that I’ve ever been loved greater in life by anything or anyone. He loved me immensely and unconditionally.

I thank you guys for your kind words. I love animals so much, because they’re pure in their being. They will only ever act strictly by their very nature. People could learn a lot from the truths our pets live.

I’ll always love and miss him.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2024, 11:33:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

RIP Jeffrey.
[close]

RIP Jeffrey.
[close]

RIP Jeffrey
[close]

It was heartbreaking. He was mid sleep basking in the sun, and he let out a series of distressing meows that felt like “help me”. We tried to wake him, but he started gasping as his tongue hung out of his mouth. His eyes went blank, like a cold stare and it was over. It all happened very quickly, and there was nothing that could be done.

My face hurts from crying. He was a beautiful tiger, and a ridiculously intelligent cat. I also don’t know that I’ve ever been loved greater in life by anything or anyone. He loved me immensely and unconditionally.

I thank you guys for your kind words. I love animals so much, because they’re pure in their being. They will only ever act strictly by their very nature. People could learn a lot from the truths our pets live.

i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. 8 is mad young for an indoor cat. do you know what could've caused the heart attack?

Puddy Smally

« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2024, 07:59:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

RIP Jeffrey.
[close]

RIP Jeffrey.
[close]

RIP Jeffrey
[close]

[close]
i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. 8 is mad young for an indoor cat. do you know what could've caused the heart attack?

Thanks brother.

In my talks with the vet they seem to think he had some preexisting heart condition. He had a heart murmur, but the vet said (during the initial diagnosis) that it likely wouldn’t be of concern. Unfortunately, it’s now too late.

It’s strange and lonely not having him waiting by my door in the morning when I wake. Or coming home from work and he’s not in one of the usual three places demanding my attention. There’s just such a large degree of emptiness that I didn’t really anticipate.

I often have dreams about things happening to my cats, and it always hurts or feels awful. I didn’t expect to lose my buddy this soon.

Do you get deja vu, huh?

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2024, 08:15:55 PM »
Yeah that sucks so much, really sorry you're going through it. I still have hard heavy dreams with my two cats that I've lost over the last few years also at surprisingly young ages. They hurt but also kinda nice to have too in a weird way

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2024, 10:45:20 AM »
Finally got rid of the stupid cardboard box besides my bed.

Edit: better photo of the bed thing.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 05:43:45 AM by Síota »