Author Topic: Things that secretly make you think less of a person  (Read 40098 times)

Maccat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 78
Re: Things that secretly make you think less of a person
« Reply #810 on: October 26, 2023, 04:00:51 PM »
Close quarter farters.

I get it’s a bodily function but you’re not gonna shit your pants or die if you hold it until off the elevator, shuttle etc.

Was just on a business trip and it happened twice. Totally pro fart here but cmon there’s rules to this shit.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #811 on: October 26, 2023, 06:02:51 PM »
Flat ground bigspins to end a clip

Letting a clip drag on way too long just for a mediocre switch heel

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #812 on: October 26, 2023, 06:53:24 PM »
When someone buys a meal, takes a few bites and throws the rest out.

Whenever I tell my housemate "I've got somewhere to go now" and they launch into a long mundane story

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #813 on: October 26, 2023, 09:17:53 PM »
When someone buys a meal, takes a few bites and throws the rest out.

The picky eater thing got a little spicy a few pages back.  I can't stand people who waste food either.

People who take forever picking their order at Mcdonald's.  Like you've been coming here for 30 years, how the fuck do you not know what you want by the time you're at the counter?  You're holding up like 12 people's lunch breaks.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #814 on: November 01, 2023, 12:43:50 PM »
People who cuss at their children for doing normal kid things. Makes me want to return that energy to the parents so they can see how shitty they're being.

i'm probably more judgemental on that one

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #815 on: November 01, 2023, 01:40:10 PM »
Expand Quote
People who cuss at their children for doing normal kid things. Makes me want to return that energy to the parents so they can see how shitty they're being.
[close]

Really gets my goat, too. Especially if it comes out as an outburst after ignoring their misbehaving child for 30 mins in the grocery store. You can't get pissed at your kid because you suck as a parent.

i'm probably more judgemental on that one
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -413
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #816 on: November 02, 2023, 01:09:30 AM »
If you are on your phone and go to walk out of an elevator on the wrong floor because you heard the bing I think less of you

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #817 on: November 02, 2023, 06:02:49 AM »
Coffee shops that don't open until 8AM

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #818 on: November 02, 2023, 03:03:22 PM »
Close quarter farters.

I get it’s a bodily function but you’re not gonna shit your pants or die if you hold it until off the elevator, shuttle etc.

Was just on a business trip and it happened twice. Totally pro fart here but cmon there’s rules to this shit.

@Maccat got me curious. 1. did you know the farters? 2. do the homies get a pass?

breezy_again

• Rep: 60
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #819 on: November 02, 2023, 05:38:21 PM »
when people pay you cash and its not all faced the same way

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #820 on: November 03, 2023, 08:51:42 AM »
I will think less of you if you carry an electric scooter everywhere you go. Especially if you take that shit into the public transportation. Bonus points if you don't rent those things but instead bought your own. Truly the sign of a passive society, which doesn't want to do anything on their own and prefers to be served.

Only exception would be if you were a older person or having pain/trouble while walking. That totally makes sense if it makes your life easier.
IG: @flowterspace

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #821 on: November 03, 2023, 10:50:12 AM »
I will think less of you if you carry an electric scooter everywhere you go. Especially if you take that shit into the public transportation. Bonus points if you don't rent those things but instead bought your own. Truly the sign of a passive society, which doesn't want to do anything on their own and prefers to be served.

Only exception would be if you were a older person or having pain/trouble while walking. That totally makes sense if it makes your life easier.
yeah bro wait til you find out about cars

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #822 on: November 03, 2023, 01:53:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s been a while since a car blocked the seats on my train to work

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #823 on: November 03, 2023, 02:42:42 PM »
when people pay you cash and its not all faced the same way

Wise guys carry their money in a roll…

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 873
« Reply #824 on: November 04, 2023, 12:32:33 AM »
Scared of magpies.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
« Reply #825 on: November 04, 2023, 03:30:34 AM »
Scared of magpies.
You'd be amazed how many people I've met that a scared of birds full stop.
Magpies are cool. Someone told me as a kid always to say hello to them if they are alone or it's bad luck, for some dumb reason it has always stuck with me and I do it with out even thinking.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 873
« Reply #826 on: November 04, 2023, 04:12:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Scared of magpies.
[close]
Magpies are cool. Someone told me as a kid always to say hello to them if they are alone or it's bad luck, for some dumb reason it has always stuck with me and I do it with out even thinking.
Well in Aus they aren't real magpies they're actually currawongs and they technically do swoop people on occassion (altho they almost never make physical contact so it's more embarrassing than anything) so that's why I think people get scared but they're actually extremely friendly birds and you can probably be feeding them by hand and petting them within 15 mins if you really want to.
There's idiots that go out of their why to try and kill them and freak out if they see them or one lands in their yard etc.

I'll also add people who complain about birds making noise. It's fucking Australia birds sing to each other it's a nice thing you miserable cunts. 

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #827 on: November 04, 2023, 04:36:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Scared of magpies.
[close]
[close]
Well in Aus they aren't real magpies they're actually currawongs and they technically do swoop people on occassion (altho they almost never make physical contact so it's more embarrassing than anything) so that's why I think people get scared but they're actually extremely friendly birds and you can probably be feeding them by hand and petting them within 15 mins if you really want to.
There's idiots that go out of their why to try and kill them and freak out if they see them or one lands in their yard etc.

I'll also add people who complain about birds making noise. It's fucking Australia birds sing to each other it's a nice thing you miserable cunts.

What kinda cunt complains about birds singing lol

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #828 on: November 04, 2023, 09:04:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Valid but “ Truly the sign of a passive society, which doesn't want to do anything on their own and prefers to be served.” is an insanely boomerfied take

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #829 on: November 04, 2023, 03:15:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Valid but “ Truly the sign of a passive society, which doesn't want to do anything on their own and prefers to be served.” is an insanely boomerfied take

It's gotten kind of common to play the "ok boomer" card, when people criticise current developments. Not sure if this card really plays or if it is just a lazy way to engage with poeple, who have a different opinion.
I would have phrased it differently, but I can see a trend, where people outsource mudance tasks – not only to machines (that is great), but to people living under precarious conditions, who carry out these tasks: aka people who charge the scooters for incredible low wages, stuff like door dash and uber eats.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #830 on: November 05, 2023, 07:45:20 AM »
People that take a barstool for thier jackets and shit, like the bar is full people are looking for a stool your fucking jacket can hang on the coat rack or sit in the fucker.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #831 on: November 05, 2023, 12:20:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

It's gotten kind of common to play the "ok boomer" card, when people criticise current developments. Not sure if this card really plays or if it is just a lazy way to engage with poeple, who have a different opinion.
I would have phrased it differently, but I can see a trend, where people outsource mudance tasks – not only to machines (that is great), but to people living under precarious conditions, who carry out these tasks: aka people who charge the scooters for incredible low wages, stuff like door dash and uber eats.
That’s complaining about the gig economy, not scooters dawg. Dude was literally complaining about people using scooters instead of walking because they’re lazy and entitled which is incredibly boomerfied. For the record I don’t ride a scooter because it makes you look like a fucking dork but it makes a lot of sense

ThatIsNotCricket

« Reply #832 on: November 05, 2023, 02:55:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Don't despair, comrade; the capitalist mode of production forges the weapons that bring death to itself, and calls into existence the men who are to wield those weapons - the modern working class.

ThatIsNotCricket

« Reply #833 on: November 05, 2023, 03:53:31 PM »
When people complain about Messi's 8th ballon d'Or. The greatest player of all time, a once-in-a-lifetime gift from the footballing gods, overcomes years of pain and disappointment to finally win the sport's ultimate accolade (the World Cup) at the very last opportunity, after a sublime tournament and a man of the match performance in a heart-stopping final, and you don't think that deserves him this year's ballon d'Or?! That's a level of joylessness that I can't get on board with. And, no, Haaland didn't deserve it more; he's a remarkable talent, but scoring a shit-load of goals doesn't make up for going missing in every semi-final and final you play, scoring most goals against smaller clubs, and not even being the best player in your own squad.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #834 on: November 06, 2023, 08:30:11 AM »
when people say they don't like The Beatles. Especially if they are musicians.

(yes this has to do with the release of "Now and Then".......)

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #835 on: November 06, 2023, 08:59:34 AM »

It’s probably an oversimplification. Their music has been playing on the radio, restaurants, grocery stores etc. since I can remember. It would be interesting to see what people thought in an alternative universe where the Beatles were discovered like Death and Sugarman. In fact, I believe this was the premise for a recent film.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yesterday_(2019_film)

It’s kinda like how Taylor Swift is currently being rammed down our throats in the US. I get that she is not as talented but when corporations tell people what music or anything is the best people tend to push back after awhile.

My favorite album is the White album BTW…

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #836 on: November 06, 2023, 12:45:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s probably an oversimplification. Their music has been playing on the radio, restaurants, grocery stores etc. since I can remember. It would be interesting to see what people thought in an alternative universe where the Beatles were discovered like Death and Sugarman. In fact, I believe this was the premise for a recent film.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yesterday_(2019_film)

It’s kinda like how Taylor Swift is currently being rammed down our throats in the US. I get that she is not as talented but when corporations tell people what music or anything is the best people tend to push back after awhile.

My favorite album is the White album BTW…

that yesterday movie got old, after 60 minutes or so, but was nevertheless fun to watch and nice thought experiment.

Never got into the Beatles at a young age – mostly because that was music my parents liked very much (remember driving to our summer vacations at night and my parents listening to "hard days night" tape), and i didn't want to listen to the stuff, my parents liked, when i was a teen. Discovered them in my 30s (the beatles – not my parents). really enjoy them. Incredible output – especially considering how shotly they only existed

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #837 on: November 06, 2023, 12:54:23 PM »
Caring about the Beatles in 2023

I dont hate them or would ever knock their importance, but I sure as shit don't wanna sit down and listen to their stuff
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #838 on: November 06, 2023, 01:18:24 PM »
Caring about the Beatles in 2023

I dont hate them or would ever knock their importance, but I sure as shit don't wanna sit down and listen to their stuff
May I ask why? Because they are old? Or is it the „genre/style“ in general?

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #839 on: November 06, 2023, 02:00:08 PM »
I saw Paul McCartney on Saturday night. It was incredible. I don't listen to the Beatles all that often anymore, especially since my dad passed as there is a sort of heartbreaking sentimentality wrapped up in listening to them now, but they're undeniable however you cut it - songwriting, production, technology in music, album covers, music videos, whatever... First use of feeback on a record, backmasking, double-tracking, looping. People are welcome to like and dislike whatever they want obviously, but you really can't write them off (not that anyone in here is)
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice