Author Topic: BATB13  (Read 115491 times)

cilantro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
  • human bean
Re: BATB13
« Reply #1410 on: November 11, 2023, 11:26:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Nick’s street footy still way better than Jamie’s but fun game to watch! So hyped for the homie to get 2nd place

Have seen Holt kill our local like y’all have no fucken idea. Also genuinely a sweet and cool ass dude. Riding his ass tonight cuz everyone here at home is proud
[close]
seems like the berries totally blackballed nick after pros vs joes, which is bs because he beat pj ladd and morgan smith. batb8 should have been his time to shine. these days each younger generation of skaters is orders of magnitude better than the last, so by that fact alone his chances of beating jamie were very slim. i say that really in a positive way for him. there really wasn't anything he could have done.

also agree cole was really off tonight. missed a bs flip, nollie 3 heel, rick flip, a bunch of stuff that's table stakes in a finals night.

i think after missing the hardflip cole said "i actually practiced that"...i swear hardflips are a gene, they're easy as fuck or you can be a two time SOTY, flip your board for decades and still not have them figured out.

The game with koston is local legend here. We all disagreed with the outcome and it was a huge reason why I avoided the berries and kinda had a distaste for Koston…
But you ask Nick and he’s got a positive view on it. Dude is just happy to skate.

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1411 on: November 11, 2023, 11:38:23 PM »
Cole of Zero. On Sk8mafia. Confirmed

IBSflippedeltoro

• Rep: -29
« Reply #1412 on: November 12, 2023, 12:49:46 AM »
Tyler Cheaterson should have redone a bunch of tricks like the fsbigspin and sw tre revert. Like what kind of shitty treatment was that? "I want to win." You're a fucking loser. He's probably crying with the goofy bleached hair ref while lubing up his backdoor for Berra to have his way with him.

Also, except for Kareeem, that crowd was whack. A bunch of obese people who seem to have never touched a skateboard.

So glad Griffin won, a humble guy who doesn't do a bunch of goofy faces and points both his hands at people in the middle of a contest. Props to him.

What's up with the fillers? Such weird ass vibes going on there.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 01:09:13 AM by IBSflippedeltoro »

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1413 on: November 12, 2023, 01:04:47 AM »
we all know what berra really meant when he said  the sk8mafia board was as big as one of cole’s feet…

also that girl praying and crying was ridiculous.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
« Reply #1414 on: November 12, 2023, 02:21:35 AM »
The semis (the real finals) was actually kinda fun. There's a wrestling storyline there...Berra's chosen one going into weasel mode straight away with the double flip shenanigans, only stumbling at the last hurdle and giving the champ the opportunity to first check his chin with some basics before showing him who the ringleader of this circus is. Bonus points for going for Mike Mo stuff rather than his usual Merlin Twist™ finisher in front of the man himself. Gotta show some respect to the innovators yaknow?

Everything  before that and after Cole snapped that gorgeous dipped setup was pretty hard to watch. 20 minute Chicago commercial was the dumbest and most Berra thing imaginable.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -489
« Reply #1415 on: November 12, 2023, 02:50:24 AM »
So we got

Chris Cole: the old man
Jamie: the foreigner
Peterson: the school shooter
Nick: the neo hipster

Quite a diverse Finals cast.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

Crust

• Rep: 52
« Reply #1416 on: November 12, 2023, 02:58:53 AM »
Great attempt by Tyler; looks like carefully selected those tricks. Probably would have took it if he stuck that fs nollie bigspin heel.

Nerves of steel by Jamie on defence. Impressive he didn't drop possession once. Amazing game, Jamie is something else.

QixHexagon

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1417 on: November 12, 2023, 03:03:18 AM »
Battle of the worst haircuts

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #1418 on: November 12, 2023, 05:09:54 AM »
The new PJ Ladd.

KDP

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1419 on: November 12, 2023, 08:48:50 AM »

djoekr

• Rep: 329
« Reply #1420 on: November 12, 2023, 09:18:12 AM »
Yo wtf why is Berra kissing little kids on a kiss cam. Also, why is there a fucking kiss cam?
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

theextrabanana

• Rep: -134
« Reply #1421 on: November 12, 2023, 09:19:44 AM »
fake 7ales god was indeed a highlight

god bless gifted hater for the stream

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
    • swarm life avatar image
« Reply #1422 on: November 12, 2023, 09:27:34 AM »
at this point, some of these tricks make me i feel like i'm watching a yo-yo contest.

not saying the shit ain't impressive, or next level, but yea...

ish_wav

• Rep: 101
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1423 on: November 12, 2023, 09:30:08 AM »
at this point, some of these tricks make me i feel like i'm watching a yo-yo contest.

not saying the shit ain't impressive, or next level, but yea...

There really weren’t any circus tricks done though. Just alot of double flips. I guess one could argue those and 540 shuv variations are circus tricks 

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
« Reply #1424 on: November 12, 2023, 11:51:47 AM »
Surprised this wasn't streamed exclusively on Rumble. What was the lame prgram they did the last BATB on so no one actually watched the finals?

I don't mind Tyler Peterson. If he had real sponsors and came up any other way, I"d be fine watching him in these.

Wasn't Berra whining about no one taking BATB12 seriously and then Cole skates the mini board? Good for Cole for not caring but it was so embarrassing to watch everyone pretend to laugh along. And then being like "Oh yeah - just trade boards back and forth!" as if that's a genius idea or there aren't other boards in that fucking place.

Wonder if Jamie is going to try the impossible and pivot these back to back wins into a legit board sponsor since he left that brewery/board company.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #1425 on: November 12, 2023, 12:15:45 PM »
I stopped watching once Griffin beat Peterson. I just can’t stand watching him and it was a forgone conclusion that he’d win.

Holt skunking Cole was unexpected. Maybe it’s time for Cole to bow out of these.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #1426 on: November 12, 2023, 12:47:02 PM »
well im gonna go out and a limb and say i found those three games to really entertaining, especially the semi between peterson and griffin. nice one, jamie.

Banned from the room

« Reply #1427 on: November 12, 2023, 12:48:19 PM »
Something is funny with Jamie’s 360 flip. Is it spinning in the other direction or sth? Bad description… it looks a bit like a Nate Sherwood 360 pressure flip.

It's not far from how we did them in the Video days days.

Lots of flick less scoop. Boards was huge and I was tini. It's how it had to be done at first.

It's like a dublvee flip.

I used to tre fucked up so I could get on to shit. I fixed it when I moved to Boston the first time. I forget who but we spent a whole weekend trying to tre flip up bigger and bigger shit.

The last one I did that was huge and perfect was outside the music complex with a ton of friends in 2017.

They was backing me up for a benefit show at the DC in Cambridge. I love those guys. The Armpits (grind) are the realest of punks. I do love the homies forever and ever I miss them.

I miss being able to really pop the shit out of a tre flip.

Definitely need an 8" board and 5 less years to have that power.
Maybe on a mini ramp I could still rip one to fakie above coping.

I wanna try rn

grassblade

« Reply #1428 on: November 12, 2023, 03:31:39 PM »
crazy you guys care about any of these dopes

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 633
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #1429 on: November 12, 2023, 04:02:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nick’s street footy still way better than Jamie’s but fun game to watch! So hyped for the homie to get 2nd place

Have seen Holt kill our local like y’all have no fucken idea. Also genuinely a sweet and cool ass dude. Riding his ass tonight cuz everyone here at home is proud
[close]
seems like the berries totally blackballed nick after pros vs joes, which is bs because he beat pj ladd and morgan smith. batb8 should have been his time to shine. these days each younger generation of skaters is orders of magnitude better than the last, so by that fact alone his chances of beating jamie were very slim. i say that really in a positive way for him. there really wasn't anything he could have done.

also agree cole was really off tonight. missed a bs flip, nollie 3 heel, rick flip, a bunch of stuff that's table stakes in a finals night.

i think after missing the hardflip cole said "i actually practiced that"...i swear hardflips are a gene, they're easy as fuck or you can be a two time SOTY, flip your board for decades and still not have them figured out.
[close]

The game with koston is local legend here. We all disagreed with the outcome and it was a huge reason why I avoided the berries and kinda had a distaste for Koston…
But you ask Nick and he’s got a positive view on it. Dude is just happy to skate.
Borra and Kevin Duffel didn't want Holt to advance any further in BATB7 because of his kinda boring personality, and basically did everything they could to keep him out. (A similar thing happened with Juan "Caballo" Escoto.) In every Berries staff meeting back then, borra would say "Nick Holt just sounds like a pussy's name." Such a fuckin weird thing for a middle aged man to say about a kid. This is back in 2014 so he could have been in his teens, probably.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 108
« Reply #1430 on: November 12, 2023, 04:34:54 PM »
bring back éS Game of Skate

this shit is horrible. I never wanna watch Nick Holt skate ever again

anthonym

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1431 on: November 12, 2023, 04:42:11 PM »
Yo wtf why is Berra kissing little kids on a kiss cam. Also, why is there a fucking kiss cam?

That was his kid
R.I.P. Boardertown - Oakland, CA

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2307
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1432 on: November 12, 2023, 04:55:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That was his kid
Allowed.
Even if it is Borra.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #1433 on: November 12, 2023, 05:11:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
That was his kid
[close]
Allowed.
Even if it is Borra.

Does Borra kiss his mother with that mouth?
Do you get deja vu, huh?

TheDingus

« Reply #1434 on: November 12, 2023, 05:31:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Borra and Kevin Duffel didn't want Holt to advance any further in BATB7 because of his kinda boring personality, and basically did everything they could to keep him out. (A similar thing happened with Juan "Caballo" Escoto.) In every Berries staff meeting back then, borra would say "Nick Holt just sounds like a pussy's name." Such a fuckin weird thing for a middle aged man to say about a kid. This is back in 2014 so he could have been in his teens, probably.

I remember one time overhearing borra watching some kid skate from the upstairs meeting room and saying “he’s pretty good but does gay no complys”

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1435 on: November 12, 2023, 05:52:43 PM »
How many people here have worked or did some internship there ? curious

Also it has probably been posted somewhere here before but please share you berrics anecdotes
check my music

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #1436 on: November 12, 2023, 06:00:39 PM »
Kinda rich Borra saying anyone sounds like a pussy when he cried over Riley’s dad smoking weed, and constantly has his panties wound up over internet comments.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

skating

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1437 on: November 12, 2023, 06:28:55 PM »
Steve Berra can kiss my kid, dudes a rockstar!

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #1438 on: November 12, 2023, 08:40:04 PM »
Battle of the worst haircuts

Was there even a bad hair cut there? Don't think so

Maybe Nick's but that's usually because locks on lighter skin people can look off to some people. But if not that, what are you basing bad haircuts on: personsl distaste for these skaters? Hahaha

Also, Chris skating the mini board during 3rd place battle was easily the most entertaining/funny part to enjoy from the finals.

Pj Ladd has won twice
Jamie Griffin has won twice, but is the first to do it back to back
Super Champion Fun Zone

Banned from the room

« Reply #1439 on: November 12, 2023, 08:42:13 PM »
Respect to Griffith

Tyler was like fuck what people think.
I'm mother fuckin Darth Vader baby! Look at my death blows bitch!
Whapow whapow. No turns for you son. Oops?!?!

Ah um ah ugggggn on second thought Sewa Don't Play That! Hit himself in the brain piece with the sock full of arcade coins.

Fuckin Griff was like you got egg on your face Anakin.

I'm fuckin Corpse Grinder ing this shit to a jog.

Pounded that half stepping fool to dust.

Griff looking like he's got flypaper on the bottom of his shoes snatching the air balls up np.

https://youtu.be/R_OeJP5FMkk?si=vHOk6hvHG1hPPo0b