Author Topic: Asics Containment Thread  (Read 24504 times)

Grand Saber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Re: Asics Containment Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2023, 01:27:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some simple feedback is keep some basic colors in rotation. It's annoying wanting a basic ass black shoe and most shops get a single pair and sell them on the site and they sell out immediately. These shouldn't be harder to get than a basic SB Dunk.
[close]

Totally valid point and it’s being addressed. We do have a period where the shop can’t sell online, obviously to try and let the locals get first dibs. Alas, I worked for SB for almost 20 years, so I’m all too aware of your pain. Thanks for the note and trust it’s being worked on.
[close]
Any plans on more original designs like the Vic NBD or the Flexkee in the near future? I really dig the skate revamps of classics, but it would be cool to see more original skate shoes as well. (Also give us a skate version of the GSM please)
[close]

Flexkee 2.0 drops in March. Then we launch the Gel Splyte (Gel Lyte III inspired) in May. I actually brought up the GSM this week and that sounds like it will take some time, if even possible.
Thanks for the info! Can we at the very least expect a fourth drop sometime soon?

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2023, 03:11:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some simple feedback is keep some basic colors in rotation. It's annoying wanting a basic ass black shoe and most shops get a single pair and sell them on the site and they sell out immediately. These shouldn't be harder to get than a basic SB Dunk.
[close]

Totally valid point and it’s being addressed. We do have a period where the shop can’t sell online, obviously to try and let the locals get first dibs. Alas, I worked for SB for almost 20 years, so I’m all too aware of your pain. Thanks for the note and trust it’s being worked on.
[close]
Any plans on more original designs like the Vic NBD or the Flexkee in the near future? I really dig the skate revamps of classics, but it would be cool to see more original skate shoes as well. (Also give us a skate version of the GSM please)
[close]

Flexkee 2.0 drops in March. Then we launch the Gel Splyte (Gel Lyte III inspired) in May. I actually brought up the GSM this week and that sounds like it will take some time, if even possible.
[close]
whats the difference with the flexkee 2.0 and what is out for flexkee stuff now?

2.0 is similar to the OG. Updated design, looks a little cleaner. Currently there’s the OG flexkee and Slip on available. If your shop doesn’t have your size have them place a special order. Hope that helps.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2023, 03:14:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Thanks for the info! Can we at the very least expect a fourth drop sometime soon?

4th drop should be to shops in early December. Small re-up on the Black/White Japan pro, a super clean anthracite Gel Vickka and an all black Gel Vickka Slip on.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2023, 07:20:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
whats the difference with the flexkee 2.0 and what is out for flexkee stuff now?
[close]

2.0 is similar to the OG. Updated design, looks a little cleaner. Currently there’s the OG flexkee and Slip on available. If your shop doesn’t have your size have them place a special order. Hope that helps.
in canada sadly, no luck till they show up, up here.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2023, 12:58:25 PM »
Which is wider, the Japan Pro or the NBD?

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #215 on: December 03, 2023, 03:27:13 PM »
That’s a good question. I think they’re about the same, however since the NBD has the mesh interior sidewall, it tends to stretch a little. The Japan pro seems to really keep its form, the toe box is slightly higher. Hope that helps.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #216 on: December 05, 2023, 08:51:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I believe Premier ships to Canada. Www.thepremierstore.com

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #217 on: December 05, 2023, 09:02:44 AM »
@banksandledges Any word on when the all black suede with white logo japan pros will restock?

EDIT: Just saw early december from the posts above! Very happy and will keep my eyes peeled!

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #218 on: December 05, 2023, 09:06:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I believe Premier ships to Canada. Www.thepremierstore.com
thanks, ill have to try to scoop some next time there is a sale. canadian dollar is terrible right now.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 198
« Reply #219 on: December 05, 2023, 04:41:20 PM »
Is that Gino slip on cupsole?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2023, 06:36:00 PM »

All of their shoes released so far appear to be cupsoles.

Gel Vikka Slip - I assume uses the same cupsole that the
Gel Vikka cupsole uses. Could be wrong in my understanding of their construction/terminology though
Super Champion Fun Zone

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #221 on: December 06, 2023, 10:21:28 PM »
When will these hit europe?

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #222 on: December 09, 2023, 09:13:58 PM »
When will these hit europe?

Summer 24’

lildonut92

• Rep: 12
« Reply #223 on: December 10, 2023, 06:13:20 AM »
I was thinking the Japan Pro was going to be the only shoe I wore from here on out. Liked everything about it. Good grip for a Cupsole. Then, I rolled my ankle pretty bad. Great shoe overall.

Time to start wearing mid tops.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2023, 12:09:58 AM »
Will there be a high top shoe at some point?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: December 11, 2023, 12:55:05 AM »

Months ago Joey Marrone was skating some hi top Japan Pro S Hi  or non-Skate Japan Pro Hi. It seems they have plans to if it's not already being worked on.

Or maybe they were Gel Vikka Hi? I'm not sure what model from my memory without searching on here. It seems they have plans to nake a high top model, just like NB did with the 480 since there are regular ASICS Hi tops out there
Super Champion Fun Zone

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: December 11, 2023, 02:50:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Months ago Joey Marrone was skating some hi top Japan Pro S Hi  or non-Skate Japan Pro Hi. It seems they have plans to if it's not already being worked on.

Or maybe they were Gel Vikka Hi? I'm not sure what model from my memory without searching on here. It seems they have plans to nake a high top model, just like NB did with the 480 since there are regular ASICS Hi tops out there
Thanks wasn’t aware of that particular Joey Marrone clip.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #227 on: December 11, 2023, 03:52:16 AM »

Begging for a really obnoxious 80s high top, if anyone from ASICS is reading.  One of those wrestling shoes with the Gel Vikka sole or something
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2023, 06:22:28 AM »
I was thinking the Japan Pro was going to be the only shoe I wore from here on out. Liked everything about it. Good grip for a Cupsole. Then, I rolled my ankle pretty bad. Great shoe overall.

There has been hella research done to show hi tops don’t help with rolling your ankle

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1132
« Reply #229 on: December 11, 2023, 10:05:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There has been hella research done to show hi tops don’t help with rolling your ankle

i haven’t seen the research. low tops are popular in the nba, no?
my worst ankle injury came in high/mid tops. was my most devastating injury.

my asics nbds are sick. i like them a lot

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #230 on: December 11, 2023, 11:18:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are you sure about this? I have never seen anything exhaustive stating they don't help minimize ankle rolling. In fact, my anecdotal experience says otherwise to your claim. I skated a pair of Marana Mid Tops and the taller collar and padding was actually stiff enough to pull my ankle back into place when I rolled it slightly missing the edge of my nose on landing a kickflip. The low top Marana would have let the roll go through and be even more delayed to let my ankle bounce back to normal, if at all.

To say they don't help at all is scientifically untrue. Do they help more than a sturdier sole or heel counter? That's debatable, as those two seem more likely to help protect from rolls, even if just slightly compared to a high top collar
Super Champion Fun Zone

LebowskisRug

« Reply #231 on: December 11, 2023, 11:26:35 AM »
I've never seen any research, but the purpose is more to lock the heel and foot in the shoe. Look at wrestling shoes- they're actually designed to have tons of ankle flexibility but lock the sole to the foot for maximum grip. If it really prevented ankle roll then you would see high tops in all sports with lateral movement where ankle/knee injuries are common such as soccer, American Football, trail running, etc.

For hiking boots it is quite different as boots extend far up the ankle past a normal high top and are built to provide more ankle stability/shoe stability.

A good thing to look at are ankle braces- they all wrap underneath the foot and then the ankle lacing/straps cranks over this. The wrapping is what prevents rolling.

I have no ligaments in my right ankle and shit is f'd. I was really curious about this for skating when I came back, but rolled my ankle fairly bad with Blazer Hi's. For me stability comes down to sole design and arch support. Put on a shoe and try to roll your ankle- a good shoe will snap you back to center. A bad shoe will tip you right into roll.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
« Reply #232 on: December 11, 2023, 11:26:56 AM »
Not a sports scientist but in my personal experience, it feels like high tops have never helped prevent ankle rolls for me. But if I do roll my ankle, having tied down high tops have almost certainly made it less severe of a roll.

In terms of preventing ankle rolls, having a structured and stable shoe with a wide base where your foot sits relatively close to the ground have helped me a lot more

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
« Reply #233 on: December 11, 2023, 11:33:04 AM »
I went to a podiatrist in early 2022 for tendonitis, and when I asked, he told me that high-tops are more supportive overall for ankles.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #234 on: December 11, 2023, 07:48:26 PM »

Japan Pro Mid releases in August 24.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: December 12, 2023, 12:29:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Japan Pro Mid releases in August 24.

Thanks. Will this model be part of the European roll out?

marcusbutler

• Rep: 44
« Reply #236 on: December 12, 2023, 08:36:14 AM »
Looks to be only shop exclusive atm. Is there any online retailer selling 'em?
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #237 on: December 12, 2023, 10:31:14 PM »
Looks to be only shop exclusive atm. Is there any online retailer selling 'em?

All the shops in the states are selling online. Uprise, Premier, Labor, Kingswell, Skatepark of Tampa, etc. Support your local.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -515
« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2023, 12:40:12 AM »

Damn this got me excited cause it’s all the good slap buzzwords. But damn a quick google and well…….. eww.

Regular ones look real nice though. What happened?

PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2023, 12:45:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn this got me excited cause it’s all the good slap buzzwords. But damn a quick google and well…….. eww.

Regular ones look real nice though. What happened?

For what it’s worth, the shoe looks much better on foot.