Author Topic: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2023  (Read 7826 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2023
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2023, 12:56:00 PM »
For those that are competing in the Pals League, I set the order to be random an hour before the draft. The draft will be this Sunday at 8pm pst. For last place punishment I say we let the first place winner chose their sig for the year. If you got any funny ones post it here. As for the winner I say we buy a local shop shirt and ship it to them or we can get them a shirt from Moe Syzlak shop. Good luck everyone and may the fantasy gods be in your favor. 

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2023, 01:08:24 PM »
@Sizzle - should we do the same for the Overflow league and set our draft order to randomize an hour before the draft (which is set for 5PM Pacific on Sunday)?

So it seems like Overflow is leaning towards having last place buy a shop tee for the winner from Moe’s, or a local shop.  And also doing the sig punishment as well?

Can’t wait!

UPDATE:  thanks for the Asst. Commish privileges, Sizzle.  I’ve set it to so the draft order will randomize 30 minutes prior to our draft (30 minutes appeared to be the only option).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 06:25:56 PM by Kevin! »

Sizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -413
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2023, 05:58:15 PM »
For those that are competing in the Pals League, I set the order to be random an hour before the draft. The draft will be this Sunday at 8pm pst. For last place punishment I say we let the first place winner chose their sig for the year. If you got any funny ones post it here. As for the winner I say we buy a local shop shirt and ship it to them or we can get them a shirt from Moe Syzlak shop. Good luck everyone and may the fantasy gods be in your favor.

can't believe you would treat my good ideas like trapasso's laptop

@Sizzle - should we do the same for the Overflow league and set our draft order to randomize an hour before the draft (which is set for 5PM Pacific on Sunday)?

Trying to figure out how to do that rn. I added you as a co-commisioner if you wanted to take a stab at it. Seems like a good idea but honestly I think the most pressing issue is how many weeks playoffs will be / how many teams are eligible. @lamfordie what's yr take on playoffs? I was thinking 6 teams / three weeks? never commissioned b4 so never really thought about it

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2023, 08:23:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Trying to figure out how to do that rn. I added you as a co-commisioner if you wanted to take a stab at it. Seems like a good idea but honestly I think the most pressing issue is how many weeks playoffs will be / how many teams are eligible. @lamfordie what's yr take on playoffs? I was thinking 6 teams / three weeks? never commissioned b4 so never really thought about it

We’re all set on the draft order randomizing.

Will also let @lamfordie weigh in on playoffs, but 6 teams over 3 weeks (weeks 15, 16, 17) seems pretty standard/solid.  The top two teams in regular season would get bye weeks, so that seems like a good incentive to play for.  That would work for me…  I can make the change from 4 team playoff (as soon as we have some consensus here.)

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2023, 09:38:11 AM »
I had a nightmare that I missed the draft

Also not to toot my own horn but nobody is fucking with my team name

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2023, 10:01:46 AM »
I am completely wingin it again.… i have no players in mind or any kind of strategy. Sigh 
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2023, 10:04:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Will also let @lamfordie weigh in on playoffs, but 6 teams over 3 weeks (weeks 15, 16, 17) seems pretty standard/solid.  The top two teams in regular season would get bye weeks, so that seems like a good incentive to play for.  That would work for me…  I can make the change from 4 team playoff (as soon as we have some consensus here.)
Hey Guys

For playoffs its the we have the same system. 6 teams get in the playoffs and top 2 gets a bye and we play from week 15-17th. Thats pretty much the standard way now of doing playoffs since most teams are resting or not even playing players week 18.

Good luck to you all in the overflow league. Maybe whoever wins can get bumped up to the regular league.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2023, 10:07:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Hey Guys

For playoffs its the we have the same system. 6 teams get in the playoffs and top 2 gets a bye and we play from week 15-17th. Thats pretty much the standard way now of doing playoffs since most teams are resting or not even playing players week 18.

Good luck to you all in the overflow league. Maybe whoever wins can get bumped up to the regular league.

Thanks!

We’ve made the change to 6-team playoff in Overflow.

Good luck, everyone.  Getting pretty excited for this draft tomorrow.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2023, 10:19:58 AM »
Damn this def going to be the best season… cheers fellas

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2023, 12:29:44 PM »
Damn this def going to be the best season… cheers fellas
Can already feel there’s gonna be plenty of chaos this season, love it. Best time of the year.   
Any Given Sunday

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 913
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2023, 12:31:17 PM »
I am completely wingin it again.… i have no players in mind or any kind of strategy. Sigh

That’s my strategy too. FF is won on the waiver wire.

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 28
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2023, 04:08:33 PM »
t-minus 1 hour before draft time. looks like the order is set 30 min before. LFG. nervous as hell cuz i've done 0 prep, just wingin it. yolo, right?

MC3

• Rep: 142
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2023, 04:24:25 PM »
never used yahoo's before. should be interesting
(Cool Trick GIF)

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2023, 04:59:35 PM »
Of course I’m picking fucking 12th

Also if you guys wanna shout out ur team that would be tight so I can put a username to a username yk

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 28
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2023, 07:08:50 PM »
loving the AI-written draft grade summaries that we all got. especially this line here:

"With their impressive draft and the team name to match, Mini Ramp Champ is ready to shred the competition and show the league who's boss."

DiscountCanofTuna

• Rep: 7
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2023, 07:24:48 PM »
Also winging it for the draft and also changed my name (for like the 3rd time now) and settled on Purdy Sweet.
2023 Slap Pals Fantasy Football Champion

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2023, 12:26:14 AM »
Successful day at school with my draft picks, pretty happy with the overall outcome although there was definitely a few I was eyeing that got scooped up like a pick or two before I was up haha

Andys Sweaty Helmet, I got you week one  >:(

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2023, 02:43:21 AM »
Ended up with a pretty solid draft picking at 11. First 4 picks are all top 30 players. Some QBs went off the board wayyy earlier than expected.

Whoever took Lamar round 1, are you in Baltimore too?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2023, 07:15:20 AM »
Damn I autodrafted . Not terrible results but Russell Wilson ain’t gonna work
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2023, 07:58:25 AM »

I got my guy late. I'm fucking thrilled

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2023, 08:16:26 AM »
Ended up with a pretty solid draft picking at 11. First 4 picks are all top 30 players. Some QBs went off the board wayyy earlier than expected.

I can appreciate Sizzle jumping up early to grab his guy.  He did say he wanted him, and I was starting to worry I’d be the one to accidentally take him if he was sitting there in the 3rd or something.  Although Lamar going end of round 1 probably played a part in sparking that run on QB’s at the end of the 2nd.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2023, 08:52:42 AM »
I forced closed the app and it auto picked Jonathan Taylor for my 2nd pick who’s not even active atm lol… guess he’s in the fold tho…

I definitely panic picked a few… i did get Josh Allen and Cousins see how that pans out. Nice 1-2 punch depending on the matchups…

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2023, 09:35:53 AM »
I'm hoping Lawrence takes a jump this year. Hopefully Geno keeps up his play from last year.
Really excited to have tractorcito

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2023, 11:22:58 AM »
I forced closed the app and it auto picked Jonathan Taylor for my 2nd pick who’s not even active atm lol… guess he’s in the fold tho…

I definitely panic picked a few… i did get Josh Allen and Cousins see how that pans out. Nice 1-2 punch depending on the matchups…

Your draft got rated like an A+ by yahoo too. 🤣

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2023, 11:24:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can appreciate Sizzle jumping up early to grab his guy.  He did say he wanted him, and I was starting to worry I’d be the one to accidentally take him if he was sitting there in the 3rd or something.  Although Lamar going end of round 1 probably played a part in sparking that run on QB’s at the end of the 2nd.

Allowed me to get najee and amari so I’m not complaining. My RB and WR rooms are strong for a 12 person league. Lawrence should take a jump so snagging him late works for me.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -225
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2023, 02:41:05 PM »

He’ll be back home and in Kelly Green soon enough.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2023, 02:48:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Haha I don’t think the Birds are even in the running, but what a backfield that’d be…

Derek Barnett is apparently seeking a trade now… think Ballard would do that swap?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2023, 02:57:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Haha I don’t think the Birds are even in the running, but what a backfield that’d be…

Derek Barnett is apparently seeking a trade now… think Ballard would do that swap?

That would be great, but it’s unlikely. Derek Barnett is a walking false start, and I’m sure he was likely to be cut. He also started that joint practice fight with the Colts.

I’m hyped the Eagles signed and stashed Isaiah Rodgers for next season.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2023, 03:05:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

That would be great, but it’s unlikely. Derek Barnett is a walking false start, and I’m sure he was likely to be cut. He also started that joint practice fight with the Colts.

Totally, he’s a legend for scooping up that fumble in SB52 but he’s been disappointing.  I’m not sure we’d cut him because he’s solid depth, but I also thought Myles Jack would make the team  ;D

The cutdown to 53 tomorrow is easily one of my favorite parts of the league year.  Stoked about Rodgers, hadn’t seen that… expecting some more roster manipulation by Howie soon:  potential temporary cuts of vested veterans like Nicholas Morrow or Boston Scott, phantom IR, etc.  Too much talent on this roster to make any unnecessary exposures to waivers.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2023, 03:10:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Totally, he’s a legend for scooping up that fumble in SB52 but he’s been disappointing.  I’m not sure we’d cut him because he’s solid depth, but I also thought Myles Jack would make the team  ;D

The cutdown to 53 tomorrow is easily one of my favorite parts of the league year.  Stoked about Rodgers, hadn’t seen that… expecting some more roster manipulation by Howie soon:  potential temporary cuts of vested veterans like Nicholas Morrow or Boston Scott, phantom IR, etc.  Too much talent on this roster to make any unnecessary exposures to waivers.

I just realized I said he was a walking false start. 😂

I’m getting my football convos with other people mixed up.

Bonus points if you can guess who I was referring to there. 😂