Author Topic: Really bad movies  (Read 2704 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Really bad movies
« on: August 19, 2023, 09:58:49 PM »
Just saw Grind for the first time. What a shitty movie. Even worse than Mid-90s.

Chavo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
Re: Really bad movies
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 12:41:16 AM »
I too watched Grind recently. Most of the women are so absurdly objectified that it is difficult to tell if it's a joke or not. The road trip itself is possible because the driver had sex with an underage girl and is trying to avoid her father. They're essentially fugitive sex offenders stalking a pro skater.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 08:13:07 AM »
Seen just about all of the skate related movies and then some.

Grind: it’s been a while that’s the Australian group of guy’s? Total cringe…

Street Dreams: ughhhh never again ever good thing Paul Rodrigues sr paid his dues in those comedy’s.

Gleaming the cube: apart from Slaters mediocre acting the feeling and nostalgia I get from that movie is like remembering my childhood.

Rad: corny as hell but I love it.

Airborne: another great corny love blading love story with goofy actors

Thrashin’ greatest skate movie ever…

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 09:01:41 AM »

Street Dreams: ughhhh never again ever good thing Paul Rodrigues sr paid his dues in those comedy’s.

Gleaming the cube: apart from Slaters mediocre acting the feeling and nostalgia I get from that movie is like remembering my childhood.

Pretty sure the cringe Australian one is called "Deck Dogz"

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2023, 10:16:06 AM »
I have a soft spot for M Night Shamylan and actually thought the Village and Signs were fun movies. He had a shitty streak after that and thought I'd give The Happening a chance in theaters, and holy shit, that was some top tier garbage.

Irvine-Sucks.com

GS77

• Rep: 94
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2023, 11:36:09 AM »
I have a soft spot for M Night Shamylan and actually thought the Village and Signs were fun movies. He had a shitty streak after that and thought I'd give The Happening a chance in theaters, and holy shit, that was some top tier garbage.

The village looked great and was engaging early on but there was not enough plot to warrant a feature length. As a short film it would have worked much better.

I’ll give you a bad film, Vanilla Sky. Had little idea what was going on and then it was summed up at the end so briefly it was hard to care. Plus Tom Cruise in the Tom Cruise mask was ridiculous.

Cameron Crowe went from Almost Famous to this. Totally out of his element.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 11:42:58 AM by GS77 »

manysnakes

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2023, 12:51:12 PM »
It was smoky here yesterday so we huddled inside and watched "Fast X", and it was the most boring, brooding, grim shitty movie I’ve seen in a while. No fun whatsoever, just punishing. John Cena was the only actor who exuded a single once of charisma and compelled me to watch the movie rather than look at vintage musical instruments on my phone.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 02:37:18 PM by manysnakes »

changed1

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 01:00:41 PM »
The horror movie krampus is maybe the worst movie of all time.
The transformers movies all kinda suck but that one with mark wahlberg is probably even worse than krampus.
Any movies about baseball are incredibly boring too(besides sandlot). Surprisingly golf and other sports movies are usually pretty good.

I liked the movie signs. It captures the feeling of dread really well I think

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2023, 01:35:45 PM »
I watched Zombeavers the other night on tubi when I was in the mood for something goofy. there were some genuinely funny moments in it and the lead actresses were smokin'. its one of those really bad its good horror films. bill burr has a cameo, too!

Jebediah

• Rep: 108
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2023, 03:03:58 PM »
I really didn't like eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. I watched it after hearing so many good things about it but I wasn't into it. I thought it was depressing with mostly unlikeable characters.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2023, 04:30:17 PM »
The horror movie krampus is maybe the worst movie of all time.
The transformers movies all kinda suck but that one with mark wahlberg is probably even worse than krampus.
Any movies about baseball are incredibly boring too(besides sandlot). Surprisingly golf and other sports movies are usually pretty good.

I liked the movie signs. It captures the feeling of dread really well I think
So you didn’t like Field of Dreams, A League of Their Own, Mr. Baseball, or Major League 1&2? Can’t think of any other baseball movies.

Thought of two more. That Jackie Robinson one, I think it was called 42 and Moneyball.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2023, 05:02:49 PM »
Flatliners, original one was ok, the remake was unnecessary crap.

Tried to watch dude where's my car, not the worst but felt really dated and less funny that I remembered, watched until Zoltan and quit.

Adam Sandler has released some stinkers on Netflix, fell asleep during the one that he and Jennifer Aniston are spies on a boat or something like that.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2023, 05:52:21 PM »
Recently:

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once

The Whale
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Bummer Vacation

• Rep: 12
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2023, 05:56:57 PM »

Okay, but what about Shredder Orpheus?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2023, 08:08:28 PM »
My two hated films of the year (and of quite some time)
   -Mario

Shazam 2 was bad in an annoying way, but wasn’t superlatively bad

steezenking

• Rep: 15
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2023, 05:25:05 AM »
I don't think ive seen grind since it like came out and I must say I think I'll leave it in the past because 15 year old me liked it.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2023, 06:05:47 AM »
I’m a really big fan of bad movies. Get a lot of ideas from fanboy flicks on YouTube. Watch svengoolie a lot too.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

manysnakes

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2023, 07:51:42 AM »
Recently:

This movie was wretched and I was absolutely baffled by everyone who insisted it was some kind of masterpiece.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2023, 08:01:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Recently:

[close]

This movie was wretched
and I was absolutely baffled by everyone who insisted it was some kind of masterpiece.

care to elaborate why?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2023, 08:29:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Recently:

[close]

This movie was wretched and I was absolutely baffled by everyone who insisted it was some kind of masterpiece.

I have to agree. The acclaim felt sort of mandatory as it was an Asian American film coming after StopAsianHate. A lot of Asian Americans loved it because they craved representation where they got to see somewhat normal or even heroic Asians in a Western film but the movie itself was just not that good imo. And I say that as an Asian American.

manysnakes

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2023, 08:54:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Recently:

[close]

This movie was wretched
and I was absolutely baffled by everyone who insisted it was some kind of masterpiece.
[close]

care to elaborate why?

I found it to be overlong, tedious, unfunny, wAcKy, trite, and worst of all, it somehow made Michelle Yeoh boring. The whole thing felt to me no different than a Marvel movie.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2023, 08:57:24 AM »
Watched everyone everywhere with my family before all the hype when it first came out because I’m a fan of the female lead and we all loved it. Top movie of the year for my family.

One that I can’t stand and most people like is inception. I felt was worst Christopher Nolan film at the time, and also the worst in the whole dream/memory genre. I found it super annoying how the premise was pretty basic, but they kept explaining it over and over again which I assume is because for some of the audience, it would be hard to grasp the idea of exponential growth. The bad guys were like cobra bad guys in old g I Joe cartoons. And they completely missed a huge opportunity on going full MC usher on the dream worlds. I felt Dr strange years later nailed that way better.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2023, 09:29:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Recently:

[close]

This movie was wretched
[close]

care to elaborate why?
[close]

I found it to be overlong, tedious, unfunny, wAcKy, trite, and worst of all, it somehow made Michelle Yeoh boring. The whole thing felt to me no different than a Marvel movie.

I walked out of the theater the moment that security guard bare assed his way through the air to land on the penis shaped trophy in the middle of a fight scene.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

manysnakes

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2023, 09:34:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Recently:

[close]

This movie was wretched
[close]

care to elaborate why?
[close]

[close]

I walked out of the theater the moment that security guard bare assed his way through the air to land on the penis shaped trophy in the middle of a fight scene.

But that was so RANDOM!!!!!!1

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 375
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2023, 09:51:09 AM »
It was smoky here yesterday so we huddled inside and watched "Fast X", and it was the most boring, brooding, grim shitty movie I’ve seen in a while. No fun whatsoever, just punishing. John Cena was the only actor who exuded a single once of charisma and compelled me to watch the movie rather than look at vintage musical instruments on my phone.

Thousands a year are afflicted by gear acquisition syndrome. If you or a loved one has suffered from exposure to Reverb.com, call now, you might be entitled to a free consultation on cheaper hobbies.

manysnakes

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2023, 10:06:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thousands a year are afflicted by gear acquisition syndrome. If you or a loved one has suffered from exposure to Reverb.com, call now, you might be entitled to a free consultation on cheaper hobbies.

I'm more or less unwilling to pay Reverb prices, so I'm only every trolling Craigslist and OfferUp.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2023, 02:02:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Recently:

[close]

This movie was wretched
[close]

care to elaborate why?
[close]

Definitely overlong.   By the time the second part ended, I was ready to go and was shocked/annoyed there was a part 3

I felt the same as I did in Swiss Army Man that they showed their comedic cards too early and kept repeating comedy beats.  Their music video for Turn Down For What is a good runtime for them

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2023, 01:20:59 PM »
The worst movie by far that I've seen recently is Killing Season with De Niro and John Travolta (who does a hilariously terrible job of portraying a Serbian). Gf and I saw it come up as a recommended movie and decided to give it a shot, but we turned it off about half way through.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2023, 09:54:44 AM »
just found out there's a movie based on "to meet the faces you meet" from fever dreams, this thing looks insane, i'll probably watch it later today

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2023, 10:50:35 AM »
The worst movie by far that I've seen recently is Killing Season with De Niro and John Travolta (who does a hilariously terrible job of portraying a Serbian). Gf and I saw it come up as a recommended movie and decided to give it a shot, but we turned it off about half way through.

Haha you need to ask yourself what you’re watching that makes an algorithm recommend this to you.   

This is basically a movie that presales over sees on the “strength” of it cast (former movie stars) that is profitable before the even start rolling the cameras.   It’s the modern day equivalent to campy Japanese commercials of yore