Author Topic: ipath reboot  (Read 17398 times)

Sizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: ipath reboot
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2023, 05:27:01 PM »
Time for u dorks who have been fake-pining for this to put your money where your tofuhole is

wax poetic

• Rep: 47
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2023, 08:25:07 PM »
Just looked at who the account is following ... I now have very little hope of this being a good thing, if anything at all

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2023, 08:37:20 PM »
if anyone wants whatever the hell these things are, they're available on amazon for $119

https://www.amazon.com/Ipath-Mens-Skate-Perfect-Casual/dp/B0CDC3WF9K?th=1

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2023, 09:23:08 PM »
if anyone wants whatever the hell these things are, they're available on amazon for $119

Looks like if a rapper did a fashion house sneaker of the Rowley XLT

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2023, 09:27:43 PM »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Tireeedd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2023, 09:54:37 PM »
I sources seh disya cash grab. Disya reboot ah run by Babylon type original rude boy investor an haffi no involvement wi Matt or ah Bigfoot. It haffi bun.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1700
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2023, 11:24:58 PM »
I DM'd Matt Field yesterday but haven't heard back. Lugz did make a vulc version of something that looked like the "Cat". I bought a few pairs for 30 or so bucks. They fit small.

That is all I have to say at this point. I doubt the real OGs have anything to do with the reboot, otherwise they would be marketing it heavily.

It would be great to have an honest to God re-release of something, instead of stoking the hype for a re-release only to find it is markedly different than the original in a negative way. See Emerica OG-1 and almost everything else sole tech is doing, basically.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2023, 11:30:00 PM »
Didn’t OG I-path severely fuck Matt Rodriguez out of royalties for Cats which he designed and was supposed to be his pro model?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2023, 11:31:54 PM »
I DM'd Matt Field yesterday but haven't heard back. Lugz did make a vulc version of something that looked like the "Cat". I bought a few pairs for 30 or so bucks. They fit small.

That is all I have to say at this point. I doubt the real OGs have anything to do with the reboot, otherwise they would be marketing it heavily.

It would be great to have an honest to God re-release of something, instead of stoking the hype for a re-release only to find it is markedly different than the original in a negative way. See Emerica OG-1 and almost everything else sole tech is doing, basically.
Expand Quote
That would be sick if Axion Steve was I-Path Steve now.

[close]

Ras Steve
Can’t wait for Ras Steve to explain all of this to me me & then tuck me for a nice night’s slumber after blowing a puff of weed smoke into my face.
Sweet dreams indeed!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2023, 11:44:13 PM »
Didn’t OG I-path severely fuck Matt Rodriguez out of royalties for Cats which he designed and was supposed to be his pro model?
I've heard this. He did have a pro model later on that was kind of cat like with way more laces. Looked a bit like Jake duncombes globe pro model (funnily enough the same thing happened with Jake and the motley globe shoe).
They must have still had an okish enough deal tho because Matt rodriguez stayed on longer than a bunch of other people.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2023, 11:48:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That would be sick if Axion Steve was I-Path Steve now.

[close]

Ras Steve
[close]
Can’t wait for Ras Steve to explain all of this to me me & then tuck me for a nice night’s slumber after blowing a puff of weed smoke into my face.
Sweet dreams indeed!

Goodnight you princes of Kingston, you kings of Zion

Sizzla

• Rep: 231
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2023, 04:23:01 AM »
I nah here fi tell ya dem goat skinny a dat dem cow fat. But ye haffi zimmi @bigfootone IG story righ nah. Ras Bigfoot call dem “parasitic idiot” an him seh him would nah go ah back in a dem time an do Ipath ova again. Disya reboot issa bloodclaat.
I an I haff nah white god

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 29
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2023, 08:26:38 AM »
Just looked at who the account is following ... I now have very little hope of this being a good thing, if anything at all

This.  I did the same.  I have very little hope for this re-boot.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2023, 08:30:53 AM »

Idk how you can "design" something that is just a blatant copy of a wallabee.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2023, 08:34:45 AM »
Time for u dorks who have been fake-pining for this to put your money where your tofuhole is

Never fake pined for ipath but I am a fucking dork admittedly. Grasshoppers were my favourite shoe in my high school era but I couldn't appreciate the Cats then. If they could just release those two plus Panthers and Reed model that would be a good start. Assuming they get anything right that is. Which is a big assumption considering the hashtags and rumours around this, and who still owns it etc etc

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2023, 08:48:58 AM »
I nah here fi tell ya dem goat skinny a dat dem cow fat. But ye haffi zimmi @bigfootone IG story righ nah. Ras Bigfoot call dem “parasitic idiot” an him seh him would nah go ah back in a dem time an do Ipath ova again. Disya reboot issa bloodclaat.

and

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2023, 08:49:48 AM »
also, who is this dude? https://www.instagram.com/briankrauss/
"Founder IPATH Footwear" along with some other brands i've never heard of

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2023, 09:10:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

and

When i first met karl watson he said he wasnt that stoked to be on it after a his first shoe, i think he said he hated the 2nd shoe. Also said he would have choose differently in hindsight

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 633
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2023, 09:16:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

and

[close]

When i first met karl watson he said he wasnt that stoked to be on it after a his first shoe, i think he said he hated the 2nd shoe. Also said he would have choose differently in hindsight
When I first met Karl he asked me if I liked to draw. (Probably because of my griptape.)

This has probably never been mentioned before, but Karl is actually a really nice guy.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1610
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2023, 09:20:58 AM »
Was the term reboot a pun?  If so….kudos….I think it’s funny…

They were boots…

Lin Thizzy

• Rep: 86
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2023, 09:28:50 AM »

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 153
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2023, 09:32:32 AM »
Damn, bummer that this is probably gonna suck. Even if they do faithful reissues of their best models (which is doubtful), the wrong marketing could make it wack to wear iPaths. Just looking at the follwing list makes it evident the people in charge of the brand have no clear direction for it. #Zumiez @ complexsneakers

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • the moon rules
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2023, 09:33:00 AM »
Did Bigfoot come up with the “I” or the “Path” half of the name?
fuck you bama

drewdown

• Rep: -28
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2023, 11:52:13 AM »
Not for nothing but my parents went on a cruise and met that dude's parents (or whoever the second have of ipath was) and they told them I skated.  Dude sent me a solid box of i-path gear that included a pair of black grasshoppers that I used to wake skate for like 5 years and they held up great. 

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2325
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2023, 01:11:45 PM »
Did Bigfoot come up with the “I” or the “Path” half of the name?

Was wondering the same thing. What half did he come up with?

Back in 2001 the local shop here that I run now was the largest I-Path retailer in Canada despite being located in only the 16th most populated city in the country. (A difference of actually 2.2 million people compared to the most populated, Toronto.) That shit was popping like crazy here.

At one point I was showing the owner of the shop a bunch of pictures of Dunks and Jordans and how good they looked in two-tone colourways and how good that would look on a Grasshopper (which they hadn't done two-tone yet). So we scanned an I-Path catalog and used a white leather Grasshopper and a suede Grasshopper to photoshop a two tone suede on leather Hopper and made a bunch of colourways using the tint feature. We sent it directly to I-Path and they hit us back that they had been planning on making two-tone Hoppers but we opened their eyes to some different colourways. They produced a couple of our colours (brown on white and burgundy on white) and sent us a fat box each. It was a fucking dream come true.

People still come into the store asking if we still carry I-Path. I'm sure those people don't care where they get them or how cool the reboot is so maybe they will stay in business for a year.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 830
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2023, 03:13:24 PM »
from matt rod cbi

Forever an inspiration. So switching subjects over to IPath, what exactly was your role there over the years? Wasn’t that you, Pailes and Field at first?

Well, we all came up with the initial look: the three Matts with the name and Bigfoot with the art. I remember back when we were thinking of a name, Field was like, “Should we call it I&I?”

“No, just ‘I’... Like, the self. My path. Because the journey is about you, the ‘IPath’”

And that was it. Because the I is really about it being, “What is your path?” If you’re down with what we’re doing, that means it’s your path too. You can say “IPath” as well.

So yeah, it was us three putting it on with Bigfoot. He designed the icon, which was cool. We all kinda left it to Field to deal with the financial part. And we trusted him. Pailes and I were never really tripping on getting a percentage of things. Sure, it would’ve been nice but it was never anything that we were trying to angle for. We were just stoked to be doing something that we all believed in. We figured that our names being such a part of it, along with all of the work we were putting in, that was enough to be our stamp on the brand.

Was this just a labor of love for you guys?

Oh yeah, for sure. Because at that point, we were only getting about $500 a month. But we always knew that it would grow. We were just stoked to be riding shoes that each of us got to design and put out there. Pailes had the Buffalo, Field had the Grasshopper. And for mine, I gave them the Wallabee design but padded it up more. Beefed up the ankle, gave them the OG crust and told them to slap our skate sole on it. Because the sole we were working with was super simple, it went perfect with that type of design. And that was the Cat. I named it and gave them the idea... bam, one of our primary shoes from day 1 until the end.

Yeah, but wasn’t there some shady shit that went down with your shoe? Like they took your name off it after a while?

Yeah, the first investor took all of our names off our shoes. Because it used to have each of our names inside the tongue, where the stash pocket was. But once IPath started to explode, I’m sure the owner realized that if he kept our names on there, he’d have to pay us more. So, like a scumbag, he took them off. We knew what he was doing but we weren’t gonna let that stop us… even though it would’ve been nice to make more money. Sure, he could take our names off but our spirit is all over IPath and you can never erase that.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2023, 05:31:34 PM »
I-Path had a dope team, but the only good quality product that company put out was the promo dvd.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2023, 05:44:35 PM »
Talking out loud before I search for it:

Wasn’t there a good On Video Ipath in Japan section set to VU’s Sunday Morning?

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2023, 07:10:15 PM »

There's a On Video of a Japan Ipath trip thats on youtube. It has the whole team, including Mike Daher.

Then there is another edit of a different Ipath Japan trip cut to "Sunday Morning" from their old website that is now lost skate media. I recall it being Field, Nate, Kenny, and Javier Mendizabal.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2023, 07:12:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There's a On Video of a Japan Ipath trip thats on youtube. It has the whole team, including Mike Daher.

Then there is another edit of a different Ipath Japan trip cut to "Sunday Morning" from their old website that is now lost skate media. I recall it being Field, Nate, Kenny, and Javier Mendizabal.

I seem to remember Jake Rupp possibly having been in the mix as well?
Do you get deja vu, huh?