Author Topic: ipath reboot  (Read 17398 times)

Banned from the room

Re: ipath reboot
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2023, 08:36:13 PM »
isnt the yezzee the new i path anyway. i thought hippies was rocking those now

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2023, 09:11:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Talking out loud before I search for it:

Wasn’t there a good On Video Ipath in Japan section set to VU’s Sunday Morning?
[close]

There's a On Video of a Japan Ipath trip thats on youtube. It has the whole team, including Mike Daher.

Then there is another edit of a different Ipath Japan trip cut to "Sunday Morning" from their old website that is now lost skate media. I recall it being Field, Nate, Kenny, and Javier Mendizabal.

Yeah pulled up that your vid (Summer 01) and it def wasn’t what I was thinking of.   The lost video was more city skating, like a filming trip and less of a tour.   Shame.   

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2023, 09:15:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There's a On Video of a Japan Ipath trip thats on youtube. It has the whole team, including Mike Daher.

Then there is another edit of a different Ipath Japan trip cut to "Sunday Morning" from their old website that is now lost skate media. I recall it being Field, Nate, Kenny, and Javier Mendizabal.
I-path had a cult like following Japan, the team you’re here probably more than they toured in the states. I remember running into Tony Cox one night while street skating in Yokohama back in the day…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2023, 11:52:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I-path had a cult like following Japan, the team you’re here probably more than they toured in the states. I remember running into Tony Cox one night while street skating in Yokohama back in the day…

My friend Uchi was trying to get me motivated to get on the Japanese flow program but I-Path went out of business... i never filmed anything anyway so it never materialized but i did rep I-Path pretty god dang hard.. .right until the end
(pretty sure Michael (Davo) clowned on me too for liking I-path)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2023, 01:18:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

My friend Uchi was trying to get me motivated to get on the Japanese flow program but I-Path went out of business... i never filmed anything anyway so it never materialized but i did rep I-Path pretty god dang hard.. .right until the end
(pretty sure Michael (Davo) clowned on me too for liking I-path)
I reckon their sales in Japan alone kept the company afloat for longer than it should have…
Pffft, it’s not like Davo never had suspect shoe sponsors/ fashion choices 🤪 just dig up some pics of him during bpsw era 笑

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2023, 09:34:27 PM »
As a reminder for those that may have missed its initial release earlier this year. You can find the only IPath related product you need riiight over HERE…

https://faboles.bigcartel.com/product/hopper-magnet

Jah guide!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Banned from the room

« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2023, 11:24:23 AM »
Know what would be sweet. If NB or whoever started making let's say grasshoppers with crazy technology

Call it The 1969

I know it's NB but the shoes are good.

Antifa should buy NB and take that property away from the MAGNAS

If they could stop trying to cancel each other for hearsay maybe we could organize a full industrial take over

Mother Goose.

« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2023, 07:27:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

it’s the ipath website .mov edit was much better than the on video. I’ve been looking for that forever

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2023, 07:58:05 PM »
Know what would be sweet. If NB or whoever started making let's say grasshoppers with crazy technology

Oh fuck, a 440 high with a useless ankle strap would be fucking sick
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Sizzla

• Rep: 231
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2023, 08:44:52 PM »
Reese Forbes shoulda been on i path the first time
A lot of the original team milked it for what they could. Acting wild in Spain. Reese never milked nothing. Not even a cow.

Gwope mon! Mi seh nah nah. Nah mi fi tell you Reese ah milk all dem cow inna I&I village wi dem quicksilver shoes an dem stacks skateboard
I an I haff nah white god

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2023, 09:14:35 PM »
Ah, cmon Sizzla, Stacks was cool!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2023, 12:47:57 AM »
Quiksilver shoes I’ll give a pass to.   They had a pretty legit program for a bit and I think they did Vita so they had the relationship with Natas and Reese that he left Nike to try and start up

Who did Commonwealth Stacks again?    My knowledge of the 2000s crailtap.com cast of characters has thinned and I feel like it was one of their regular art dudes

Jack Locke

« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2023, 02:35:06 AM »
Cats, Grasshoppers, Crickets, and Reeds.  That would be perfect. With that OG ipath sole.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2023, 02:41:55 AM »
Quiksilver shoes I’ll give a pass to.   They had a pretty legit program for a bit and I think they did Vita so they had the relationship with Natas and Reese that he left Nike to try and start up

Who did Commonwealth Stacks again?    My knowledge of the 2000s crailtap.com cast of characters has thinned and I feel like it was one of their regular art dudes
Was it maybe Bob kronbauer? I think I've misremembered who was on the team. Did David Clark leave krooked for stacks?
I guess it's just of its time but it really seemed like a brand invented just to sell on brick harbour.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 02:56:18 AM by Mean salto »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2023, 02:54:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Was it maybe Bob kronbauer? I liked the team and didn't hate a lot of the art for stacks but it seemed like a brand invented just to sell on brick harbour.

Maybe…or was he The Quiet Life…all those Wu Disciple brands are starting to flood back now

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2023, 03:03:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Was it maybe Bob kronbauer? I liked the team and didn't hate a lot of the art for stacks but it seemed like a brand invented just to sell on brick harbour.
[close]

Maybe…or was he The Quiet Life…all those Wu Disciple brands are starting to flood back now
Yeah fuck so many companies of that time mix together when I try to remember. Prob all had an edit with this song

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2023, 08:52:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

It was Michael Leon's – first he only did tees (like Andy Mueller with The Quiet Life) while still working at Girl.

Then partenered with Resse to go full skate brand. Remember Reese was originally involved with Staba's shitty company under Crailtap until Chico punched him out (that's my version).

Anyway, Michael Leon's graphics for Stacks were fantastic.

He called it quits, or put the brand on hiatus dunno, and went on to work as a creative director for big brands outside of skateboarding like Nike, Sonos and Patagonia

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2023, 09:58:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

It was Michael Leon's – first he only did tees (like Andy Mueller with The Quiet Life) while still working at Girl.

Then partenered with Resse to go full skate brand. Remember Reese was originally involved with Staba's shitty company under Crailtap until Chico punched him out (that's my version).

Anyway, Michael Leon's graphics for Stacks were fantastic.

He called it quits, or put the brand on hiatus dunno, and went on to work as a creative director for big brands outside of skateboarding like Nike, Sonos and Patagonia

Wasn’t Staba’s brand Skate Mental?   I remember it being Crail originally

Are you thinking of Rasa Libre for Michael Leon?   I remember he was def involved with that at the start…but maybe he moved on and did Stacks too

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2023, 10:13:59 AM »

Rasa Libre was previous circa 2003/2004 by Matt Field and Resse and through DLX, Michael Leon just did graphics for them.

yeah, staba's shitty company is skatemental and Reese had boards.

then around 2010, in this interview Reese said "Right when Brad pulled Skate Mental from Girl, I made a decision that I was not gonna do that, so I started talking with Michael Leon, he was thinking about turning his Commonwealth Stacks project into Stacks, the skateboard company."

https://memoryscreened.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/reese-fobes-just-wanted-to-have-something-as-random-as-it-gets/

Mother Goose.

« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2023, 10:34:41 AM »
Remember Crownfarmer?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2023, 11:54:17 AM »
Remember Crownfarmer?

Yes….ever so vaguely

buffalo hunter

• Rep: 35
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2023, 12:41:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Remember Crownfarmer?
[close]

Yes….ever so vaguely

Bob K's company. Artists could join Crownfarmer; like a collaborative for artist.

buffalo hunter

• Rep: 35
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2023, 12:45:04 PM »
I still have some commonwealth stacks stuff "pre skate company". The Milk "Blind Video Days" song CD. Which has a few unreleased clips in Blind Video Days. I remember the clips could only be seen on Mac computers. Which I didn't have at the time.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2023, 01:39:26 PM »
The white trustafarian with dreads movment has really taken off the last few years so they might actually have a good amount of support. Especially considering the 5-8% their parents investment funds have been kicking off these last couple years. Jah bless the jobless
I saw a person wearing some at the Wu Tang concert on tuesday night.  Dude was clearly trustafari, De La Soul opened and killed it!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2023, 05:41:22 PM »
I still have some commonwealth stacks stuff "pre skate company". The Milk "Blind Video Days" song CD. Which has a few unreleased clips in Blind Video Days. I remember the clips could only be seen on Mac computers. Which I didn't have at the time.

Didn’t realize Sebo and Matt Militano were on Stacks at the end.   Wasn’t Daniel Espinoza or one of those kids that felt like they were in the Crail camp but never really were on one of these deck cos

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2023, 05:45:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Hahahaha

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 173
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2023, 02:56:37 PM »
Expand Quote
if anyone wants whatever the hell these things are, they're available on amazon for $119

https://www.amazon.com/Ipath-Mens-Skate-Perfect-Casual/dp/B0CDC3WF9K?th=1
[close]

Looks like if a rapper did a fashion house sneaker of the Rowley XLT
Vita vibes

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2024, 08:20:52 AM »
I’m kind of out of of the loop? So what’s going on with this reboot? Heard something about Kenny Reed being involved?

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 93
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2024, 08:54:31 AM »
More info's been put https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=129727.msg4176213#new than anywhere else, unless something's been brought up in the new shoe release thread and my short memory is being terrible.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2024, 02:05:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
it’s the ipath website .mov edit was much better than the on video. I’ve been looking for that forever

It has been found
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5mFwuip3rE/?igsh=enNsZTIyMDJmNndr
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.