Author Topic: Sean Pablo of FA?  (Read 64820 times)

Shrinedescender

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 152
Re: Sean Pablo of FA?
« Reply #300 on: January 21, 2024, 03:30:15 PM »
After years of idea and speech suppression it seems time to advocate for a higher entropy submanifold of allowed opinions, disorder escalation, an archetypal fan-out. Punk (not the market-driven simulacrums that followed) was a miraculous and needed entropic opening almost instantly neutered by neo-liberalism, which structurally and necessarily drives conformity.

Maybe at this point we’re sterile, boring and trapped and don’t realize it and should be looking for new ways out. The current AI aesthetic needs to evolve before it becomes interesting, it will. But the culture desperately needs more agents of chaos not less imo.

mailto:[email protected]

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #301 on: January 21, 2024, 03:36:13 PM »
Expand Quote
After years of idea and speech suppression it seems time to advocate for a higher entropy submanifold of allowed opinions, disorder escalation, an archetypal fan-out. Punk (not the market-driven simulacrums that followed) was a miraculous and needed entropic opening almost instantly neutered by neo-liberalism, which structurally and necessarily drives conformity.

Maybe at this point we’re sterile, boring and trapped and don’t realize it and should be looking for new ways out. The current AI aesthetic needs to evolve before it becomes interesting, it will. But the culture desperately needs more agents of chaos not less imo.
[close]

mailto:[email protected]
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

lurkluke

• Rep: 199
« Reply #302 on: January 21, 2024, 06:30:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Harmony Korine as a Berry Gordy type of producer/label/brand makes a ton of sense to me.

I didn't know Boiler Rooms were kinda like TEDx but it's the music biz so of course they are. Shit still got me into newer Ghettotech so I'm OK with it. Here's a disreputable Berlin show that I thought was dope:

[close]
MCR-T is cool, did a really good set with Horsegiirl

https://youtu.be/Vt7xiu1-YHM?si=bi_eF-uTztK7DaGb

The Horsegiirl boiler room is a ton of fun too.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
« Reply #303 on: January 21, 2024, 07:55:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
I honestly agree with you on all points but I gotta say, the way you write makes you doing like you’re in grad school
[close]

Ceaseless social pressure to conform, my point exactly.
The way you wrote that post really stuck with me so I looked at your post history and I’m seeing a very common theme… you’ve only posted about things related to Sean Pablo over the last few years  ;)

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #304 on: January 21, 2024, 09:14:11 PM »
sounds and looks kinda wwhack but kind of funny that this is almost word for word the same name discourse that surrounded fa 10 years ago.  instead of the supreme odd future connect harmony's got drain gang tho ? lol

difference is theyre all known quantities now and it turns out they dont really skate.

id be interested in this but theres no way theyre going to release a real skate video.  if anything probably just a bunch 30 second bullshit commercials . “creative house” sounds like some anna delvy shit

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #305 on: January 22, 2024, 07:30:51 AM »
Expand Quote

sean p posted this today. this looks better than those pre-school caveman art looking graphics that were shown earlier
[close]
what in the absolute fuck is this? looks like something from a call of duty trailer or some shit. awful.

Unfortunately this is skateboarding.

Rohn_mob_joore

• Rep: -24
« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2024, 12:37:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

sean p posted this today. this looks better than those pre-school caveman art looking graphics that were shown earlier
[close]
what in the absolute fuck is this? looks like something from a call of duty trailer or some shit. awful.
[close]

Looks like this is a promo image from a new film he’s making with Travis Scott. Lame ass board, but some other shots from the movie kinda look cool.

Idk though why you’d use Travis to act in a movie, dude has less personality than someone with a lobotomy.

prisoner223

« Reply #307 on: January 22, 2024, 01:25:13 PM »
EDGLRD would be significantly better if instead of generating his own images Harmony took all the graphics from @hardaipics

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 152
« Reply #308 on: January 22, 2024, 03:01:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Looks like this is a promo image from a new film he’s making with Travis Scott. Lame ass board, but some other shots from the movie kinda look cool.

Idk though why you’d use Travis to act in a movie, dude has less personality than someone with a lobotomy.

It's what happens when nothing matters anymore and you prioritize getting money and clout from children

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #309 on: January 22, 2024, 03:16:04 PM »

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #310 on: January 22, 2024, 03:31:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
I honestly agree with you on all points but I gotta say, the way you write makes you doing like you’re in grad school
[close]

[close]
The way you wrote that post really stuck with me so I looked at your post history and I’m seeing a very common theme… you’ve only posted about things related to Sean Pablo over the last few years  ;)
hahaha holy shit. found swan's slap account

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #311 on: January 22, 2024, 03:31:49 PM »
AI graphics, edgelrd brand, stock insta stories font, now that's doin' it.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
hahaha holy shit. found swan's slap account
Haha, fuckin BUSTED!

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #312 on: January 22, 2024, 03:42:22 PM »
I went to FSU and had a class with Sean Pablo. His pants looked like he was wearing a diaper sometimes. I remember he wouldn't talk much in class or raise his hand and I thought he was just quiet but now I wonder how much he could verbally communicate after watching him skate. There were rumors he shit himself sleeping with a girl one time after a home game against UNC too so the diaper thing adds up. It was all over YikYak. People said he would only eat steamed vegetables and jello in the dining hall and would throw a fit with the staff there if they didn't have both. He for sure got caught stealing Jello powder from a Walgreens in Tallahassee but it was kinda kept quiet once the police realized who he was. My cousin was in the police department down there and confirmed it with me after the rumor started going around. Maybe it wasn't all true but it's enough weird stuff to know something is for sure a little bit off with him.

Is this copypasta? Cuz it sounds like copypasta

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 789
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #313 on: January 22, 2024, 04:44:22 PM »
EDGLRD would be significantly better if instead of generating his own images Harmony took all the graphics from @hardaipics
King would be better if they took all their graphics from Hardaipics instead of Wikipedia

I also noticed that poster only comments on Sean Pablo topics. Yet to confirm whether the pipe was brought down to mami

nothing's been the since same

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #314 on: January 22, 2024, 05:01:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

call of duty collab with out the collab.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1280
« Reply #315 on: January 22, 2024, 05:51:57 PM »
Looks like a water color version of Reboot. Pass

i hate that i know what youre talking about

prisoner223

« Reply #316 on: January 22, 2024, 06:51:13 PM »
Expand Quote
I went to FSU and had a class with Sean Pablo. His pants looked like he was wearing a diaper sometimes. I remember he wouldn't talk much in class or raise his hand and I thought he was just quiet but now I wonder how much he could verbally communicate after watching him skate. There were rumors he shit himself sleeping with a girl one time after a home game against UNC too so the diaper thing adds up. It was all over YikYak. People said he would only eat steamed vegetables and jello in the dining hall and would throw a fit with the staff there if they didn't have both. He for sure got caught stealing Jello powder from a Walgreens in Tallahassee but it was kinda kept quiet once the police realized who he was. My cousin was in the police department down there and confirmed it with me after the rumor started going around. Maybe it wasn't all true but it's enough weird stuff to know something is for sure a little bit off with him.
[close]

Is this copypasta? Cuz it sounds like copypasta
It's originally about Scottie Barnes

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #317 on: January 22, 2024, 10:17:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ReBoot was sick!

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 812
« Reply #318 on: January 22, 2024, 11:28:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Harmony Korine as a Berry Gordy type of producer/label/brand makes a ton of sense to me.

I didn't know Boiler Rooms were kinda like TEDx but it's the music biz so of course they are. Shit still got me into newer Ghettotech so I'm OK with it. Here's a disreputable Berlin show that I thought was dope:

[close]

[close]

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25jp2g

boiler rooms are cool, this is probably my fav dj set of all time. i miss her so much. didn't embed but it's worth listening to, all of her stuff is eye (ear?) opening, changed my view on music

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 16
« Reply #319 on: January 22, 2024, 11:31:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ReBoot was sick!

My dads friend was an animator for ReBoot and Beastwars and I thought he was the coolest!

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #320 on: January 23, 2024, 12:24:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25jp2g

boiler rooms are cool, this is probably my fav dj set of all time. i miss her so much. didn't embed but it's worth listening to, all of her stuff is eye (ear?) opening, changed my view on music
Yeah Sophie was really on to something and it's too fucking bad that she's gone.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #321 on: January 25, 2024, 07:33:13 AM »
say what you want about the graphics & aesthetic but at least we can be comfortable knowing there will be no edglrd x anime/star wars/everything else collaborations
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #322 on: January 25, 2024, 07:37:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ReBoot was sick!
[close]

My dads friend was an animator for ReBoot and Beastwars and I thought he was the coolest!

Ok, Beastwars was for sure the coolest.

So how are your knees/back handling your 30’s guys
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3388
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #323 on: January 25, 2024, 07:52:32 AM »
Hey guys, I’m positioned to become the AI Warhol. - HK

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3388
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #324 on: January 25, 2024, 07:55:13 AM »
One thing I've learned about Harmony Korine is he can do pretty much whatever the fuck he feels like and doesn't seem to lose any money/momentum for his future projects. I personally back it and am excited to see what they do, but I understand that it's not for everyone. Is it a traditional skate company in any way? Not really. Am I tired of the same old boring content/marketing tactics of every single other skateboard company? Yes! I'm so fucking sick of the same 3 aesthetics (hellride, smart guy who reads, trap music edit guy)  that I will gladly embrace whatever Harmony's bizzaro ass has to offer. The movie he did with Travis Scott sounds sick as shit too, all infrared and they're showing it in strip clubs with aarabmuzik dj set like whaaat sign me up

I swear this isn’t a knock on you, more an observation about personal tastes, but my reaction to your summary is more "KILL IT WITH FIRE" instead of "sign me up."

dropintopileout

• Rep: -39
« Reply #325 on: January 25, 2024, 08:29:41 AM »
say what you want about the graphics & aesthetic but at least we can be comfortable knowing there will be no edglrd x anime/star wars/everything else collaborations

Yeah man i'd take the collabs any old day over this bullshit brand that is based of some lame projection of how media is gonna be consumed in the future.

@GAY is right. napalm the fuck out of this garbagio and pretend like it never happened

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #326 on: January 25, 2024, 12:24:18 PM »
Expand Quote
One thing I've learned about Harmony Korine is he can do pretty much whatever the fuck he feels like and doesn't seem to lose any money/momentum for his future projects. I personally back it and am excited to see what they do, but I understand that it's not for everyone. Is it a traditional skate company in any way? Not really. Am I tired of the same old boring content/marketing tactics of every single other skateboard company? Yes! I'm so fucking sick of the same 3 aesthetics (hellride, smart guy who reads, trap music edit guy)  that I will gladly embrace whatever Harmony's bizzaro ass has to offer. The movie he did with Travis Scott sounds sick as shit too, all infrared and they're showing it in strip clubs with aarabmuzik dj set like whaaat sign me up
[close]

I swear this isn’t a knock on you, more an observation about personal tastes, but my reaction to your summary is more "KILL IT WITH FIRE" instead of "sign me up."

Thank you for articulating this, as I couldn't have said it better myself.

Yeah man i'd take the collabs any old day over this bullshit brand that is based of some lame projection of how media is gonna be consumed in the future.

@GAY is right. napalm the fuck out of this garbagio and pretend like it never happened

God, I love the slang adjective "garbagio." My wife has used it a lot.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

manysnakes

« Reply #327 on: January 25, 2024, 12:41:40 PM »

Why do you talk this way?

stringsnthings

• Rep: -49
« Reply #328 on: January 25, 2024, 01:40:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ReBoot was sick!
[close]

LOVED Beast Wars. I used to tape them everyday late 90s cause i had to catch the bus by that time.

insouciant

« Reply #329 on: January 25, 2024, 02:23:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why do you talk this way?

That’s funny, I didn’t quite realize my writing comes off as strange and stilted (never really write publicly) but reading it back yeah I see what you mean, think I might be a little on the spectrum. To be fully transparent with my method: I write and rewrite trying to be succinct and persuasive and so try to distill as much information into the smallest space as possible (big fan of how good poetry does this seemingly magically). So perhaps unconventional word choices that pack a lot of meaning are attractive to me. Not willfully trying to use arcane language for the sake of it, just like words that are conceptually dense and richly expressive. But ya I need to find a less annoying way to do it.

Thanks for the feedback, I’d actually like to become a good writer someday.