Author Topic: Biggest skate regret  (Read 3609 times)

SHARPSHOOTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -306
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Biggest skate regret
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2024, 12:01:03 AM »
Spending too much time with my friends who only wanted to be piles and never wanted to film or go on trips and dragged myself down. Being sponsored is overrated anyways, get a good career so you can buy shit and not have to huck 15 rails for a pair of shoes

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2024, 12:21:27 AM »
deck width, should have sized up way earlier to 8.5 or something. but back then even an 8" was considered a ship.
landing tricks down stairs/gaps maybe would have been easier, more room to place us12 sized feet on something wider than a 7.5 to 7.8. shrugman
Grass isn't always greener. I did size up early and it was always a major hassle trying to find big boards and ended up always costing me way more.
Landing tricks down gaps is probably true but looking back I probably shouldn't have been trying to flip down gaps at all

Fasttimes

• Rep: -46
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2024, 12:55:08 AM »
Expand Quote
deck width, should have sized up way earlier to 8.5 or something. but back then even an 8" was considered a ship.
landing tricks down stairs/gaps maybe would have been easier, more room to place us12 sized feet on something wider than a 7.5 to 7.8. shrugman
[close]
Grass isn't always greener. I did size up early and it was always a major hassle trying to find big boards and ended up always costing me way more.
Landing tricks down gaps is probably true but looking back I probably shouldn't have been trying to flip down gaps at all

I don't think size matters to much. I regret not caring. I was the dude that took someone's else's used one to pay for phone or gas or tuition. I'd be way better if I would have bought my own gear or didn't go to home depot to fix trucks or grab hardware.

Dad Board

• Rep: 89
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2024, 08:55:24 AM »
It’s more a symptom of the time period but when I was younger it seemed like there were only two types of skating: hesh rail guy or fresh tech guy. I wish I would have seen someone like Max Palmer skate back then or had the foresight to see how dumb some of the guidelines of the early 2000’s really were and think more outside the box. I really admire some of these new guys ability to mix different styles of skating and look at spots differently than we ever did.

skatebruh

• Rep: 32
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2024, 05:52:44 PM »
My biggest regret is not skating more.

CarcassToss

• Rep: 56
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2024, 06:44:46 PM »
It’s more a symptom of the time period but when I was younger it seemed like there were only two types of skating: hesh rail guy or fresh tech guy. I wish I would have seen someone like Max Palmer skate back then or had the foresight to see how dumb some of the guidelines of the early 2000’s really were and think more outside the box. I really admire some of these new guys ability to mix different styles of skating and look at spots differently than we ever did.

There were dudes around it was just really hard to find media and who they were. I was lucky that I only got to get sale videos so I saw dudes like Matt Rodriguez, Tim O Connor, Kenny Reed, etc who were more about style than hammers. Even tho he's not Max Palmer seeing Karl Watson skate in person was really refreshing. I remember Louie doing Louie stuff at at Enjoi demo and even that was a great combo breaker. Even the earlier Stereo and Mad Circle videos were a nice departure from the early Toy Machine/Zero/Pat Duffy style stuff or the Girl/Chocolate stuff. That was all great, but sometimes I liked just watching more spontaneous lines or something executed with a unique tweak or style.

Kids these days are super lucky to have the amount of skating to choose from. I don't fault kids for liking shit I don't because chances are they've been exposed to more than I ever had at that age and have at least made a conscious choice rather than feeling like they have to pick a style or camp.

wahwahwah

• Rep: -3
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2024, 02:20:36 AM »
Always skating high/drunk

I don't really enjoy skating sober anymore.

On the flipside I skate good as fuxk faded.
Sipe nousee sisään,
Niin nousee herkkokin.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 36
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2024, 05:15:08 PM »

Really makes me feel blessed to have owned Man Down and had friends who owned Black Out and Chomp on This growing up. Feel like you got little tastes of that vibe from credits sections too.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2024, 05:31:06 PM »
I’ve been on psychiatric medication for a little over a year to pump dopamine in my system and help with my anxiety.

I don’t regret trying the medicine but a side effect is weight gain, I started the medicine at 175 pounds and currently am 190.

My pop has decreased significantly. I’ve been trying to work out more and eat simpler meals stay away from carbs but fuck I’m regretting not being more on top of my weight knowing it’s a side effect. I really wanna be back down to 170 I think I just need to keep running/biking and using resistance bands. 

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
  • sup dog
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2024, 05:34:30 PM »
I’ve been on psychiatric medication for a little over a year to pump dopamine in my system and help with my anxiety.

I don’t regret trying the medicine but a side effect is weight gain, I started the medicine at 175 pounds and currently am 190.

My pop has decreased significantly. I’ve been trying to work out more and eat simpler meals stay away from carbs but fuck I’m regretting not being more on top of my weight knowing it’s a side effect. I really wanna be back down to 170 I think I just need to keep running/biking and using resistance bands.
Forget it… if you’re on anti-depressants that shit will make you go fat and never go back.

I’m still trying to go down and no matter what I do it won’t go away. Fat ass for life now. I had to go two sizes up (34 to 36 to 38) and through a whole lot of pants. Bunch of wasted money.

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 34
  • we are the music makers
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2024, 07:12:19 PM »
Blue Camo Roofie's Graphic Griptape

fsbail1sttry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2024, 09:27:18 PM »
I've always regretted that I had long breaks from skateboarding due to school and work. My friends and I constantly joke about being sponsored and being in the Olympics if we had never stopped (we all know its just copium for growing old)