Author Topic: John Motta of demons  (Read 7115 times)

BootsWithTheFerg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
Re: John Motta of demons
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2024, 06:24:16 AM »
This guy needs help before he ends up in a cult or leading one

Not sure if sarcasm or not. That's pretty much what happened to him with A Happy Medium. Hard to think of a guy more stuck to and synonymous with a local video franchise. Dude was destined to get spiritual and fry in AZ. Seriously though it's not all that surprising he ended up this way he seemed the type to partake in copious amounts of psychedelics and all that happy medium hype that went nowhere had to have fucked with his brain delusions of grandeur shit. Amongst whatever other issues he has.

Dude ripped but it's making sense why he never went anywhere. If this is how he is now I wonder how hard he was to work with before he "found God"  sad

ThatIsNotCricket

• Rep: 60
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2024, 06:56:05 AM »
TWS posted this a month ago. Pretty fun trip down memory lane, and he also shares a few comments about how his manic depression manifests itself.

Although he's a bit more soft-spoken and reserved in this, it looks like this was filmed in better times not thát long ago.

Edit: just saw now that the first of those worrying two clips is about a year old, while the other was posted just a month ago. I had assumed they were both very recent, and took this TWS video to be filmed a good while before all that. I doubt it, but maybe this means he's in a sort of upward trajectory as of late.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 09:09:15 AM by ThatIsNotCricket »

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -464
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2024, 07:07:07 AM »
So…schizophrenia or just weapons grade autism? Always got the vibe from this guy that it could be either or both. Jokes aside I know he struggled a lot with mental health so I hope he finds peace.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2024, 08:39:28 AM »
You know what? I’ve kind of come around on this. I’m just happy he’s alive. If Jesus did it so be it.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Lethargic

• Rep: 0
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2024, 09:35:33 AM »
John Motta: Skate Mental Am Chowder Video 2009

http://youtu.be/-FgsuTqUbG0?si=g8huUL-FNo8JaNnq

BigFatPaulie

• Rep: 6
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2024, 09:39:32 AM »
Just going to say that John is one of my friends and I’ve known him for many years now - I’m not a religious person whatsoever, however I’ve hung out with him many times since he has started making these videos and he has not once brought up or mentioned these things to me in person.  Every time we go skating together he is the same kind and hilarious friend that he’s always been to me, and while it’s somewhat irrelevant to this conversation I’ll say that he is still incredibly talented at skating.  His part in the new Happy Medium video Colors was so sick and probably my favorite part of the year so far.  But yeah, I’m guessing that anyone who has actually hung out with him in person would have only positive things to say about their experiences.  I am not trying to defend the things he says in these videos, just offering a different perspective.

Mallie

• Rep: 45
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2024, 10:57:01 AM »
All the reason more to want him to get well and resolving his issues, not just putting a damper on them.
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 260
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2024, 02:31:26 PM »
Just going to say that John is one of my friends and I’ve known him for many years now - I’m not a religious person whatsoever, however I’ve hung out with him many times since he has started making these videos and he has not once brought up or mentioned these things to me in person.  Every time we go skating together he is the same kind and hilarious friend that he’s always been to me, and while it’s somewhat irrelevant to this conversation I’ll say that he is still incredibly talented at skating.  His part in the new Happy Medium video Colors was so sick and probably my favorite part of the year so far.  But yeah, I’m guessing that anyone who has actually hung out with him in person would have only positive things to say about their experiences.  I am not trying to defend the things he says in these videos, just offering a different perspective.

this is nice to hear

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 83
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2024, 03:24:21 PM »

Very glad to hear all this, and thanks for offering up your perspective.
I hope he's doing well in general - and from what you said that may well be the case.

Ninj2

• Rep: -109
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2024, 04:43:43 PM »
Expand Quote

I ducking hate granddaddy tho.
John Motta deserve nothing but love
[close]

Never heard of anyone hating granddady
Breh you have a feels album in your bio

quackquack

• Rep: -432
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2024, 10:34:48 PM »
Do skateboarders often have interesting brains because of how fucked up skateboarding really is? Or, do they gravitate towards skateboarding because of their interesting brains?

I think once you get stuck wondering why we're here and what this whole thing is about, it's inevitable to reach conclusions that sound ridiculous.

Honestly, not that crazy of a youtube, given the subject matter and how insane other religious folks take it.
Oh, the places you'll go.

dumb skate trick

• Rep: 3
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2024, 11:04:02 PM »
Love is like oxygen…

Porkchop Express

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2024, 12:34:13 AM »
I bet everything in my wallet that he is a Trump voter. Any takers? This is your chance to win $1.

You can go back through his posts during election. I remember he was making posts saying the election was being stolen with voter fraud. He needs help but has already said he doesn't believe in medications and thinks he can fix his mental issues by eating some vitamins. That obviously didn't work so he's moved on to Jesus.

Shtonk

• Rep: -491
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2024, 01:30:02 AM »

This is nice to hear but kind people don't spread Trumpist lies.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2024, 02:03:05 AM »
Didn’t this dude put out a couple videos a few years ago about drinking kratom? Possibly even had a discount code for one of those gas station/bodega kratom brands.

The skate mental shit was playing at MIA when I was in Miami in 2009. That shit was pretty sick.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 52
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2024, 02:37:06 AM »
Rewatched all his parts yesterday and i feel like he's a kind of Desert Max Palmer

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 44
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2024, 04:31:20 AM »
he looks really old in this new video. he always had that baby face.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2024, 04:35:40 AM »
Love is like oxygen…

fucking tuuuuuune

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2024, 12:15:33 PM »
Rewatched all his parts yesterday and i feel like he's a kind of Desert Max Palmer

Damn, too damn true!
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2024, 03:59:33 PM »
Expand Quote
I bet everything in my wallet that he is a Trump voter. Any takers? This is your chance to win $1.
[close]

You can go back through his posts during election. I remember he was making posts saying the election was being stolen with voter fraud. He needs help but has already said he doesn't believe in medications and thinks he can fix his mental issues by eating some vitamins. That obviously didn't work so he's moved on to Jesus.
For sure he’s replacing one delusion for another. Let’s see which one is more detrimental.

I’ve also got a few half filled coffee shop loyalty stamp cards, and two maxed out credit cards that can be all yours to any betters.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2024, 12:43:48 AM »
he looks really old in this new video. he always had that baby face.

No protection from sun will already age your skin. Boy looks sun dried like a raisin

BigFatPaulie

• Rep: 6
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2024, 10:43:08 PM »
For those who haven’t seen it, not sure how to embed properly but this is his newest part from earlier this year - he has the first part in the video, intro flows into his part.  His skating with that song and the edit make this my favorite part of the year so far, gets me emotional I have to admit haha.

https://youtu.be/a2qeFU_Tyzc?si=lgIK_7nK28vUFBDa

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2024, 01:18:03 AM »

Very glad to hear this. Thanks for sharing.

casey_litter

« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2024, 11:55:55 AM »
One night at canters back in 2012 or 2013 I sat across from John at our booth in the middle room and saw the exhaustion in him of dealing with all the constant hanger-on people partying and trying to get noticed. He really is just a good guy and talent only gets you so far until you got to "look" and "act" the part. It'll chew ye up and spit ye out.