Author Topic: Jamie Thomas Appreciation Thread  (Read 35855 times)

grimcity

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Jamie Thomas Appreciation Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2007, 07:13:27 AM »
another day, and another group of sycophants who will do anything to get close to this guy. this forum has now turned into a pack of grown men acting like tweens. this used to be a board where you could get diverse opinions, but now is full of people so enamored with "hanging out" with a pro that it is just a chorus line of dick suckers.
Sorry you couldn't make it, brah.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2007, 07:27:25 AM »
another day, and another group of sycophants who will do anything to get close to this guy. this forum has now turned into a pack of grown men acting like tweens. this used to be a board where you could get diverse opinions, but now is full of people so enamored with "hanging out" with a pro that it is just a chorus line of dick suckers.
Is you a bit jealous?

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2007, 08:12:26 AM »
Expand Quote
i also forgot to mention that his welcome to hell part is in my top fifteen all time favorite parts list
[close]
your such a faggot
I spent a whole weekend with Fork and he wouldn't give me any play. Hard to get, maybe? He's definitely not a slut, that's for sure!

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2007, 08:21:35 AM »
PS about last night... I mentioned this in another thread, but a bunch of the the groms were weird.
Before the video was played, the Mystery/Zero heads did an autograph signing... kids everywhere... just tons... all of them excited to get their boards/posters/etc signed, right?
Anyway, the kids were getting the autographs, then making a b-line straight out the door. I didn't get it... maybe it had to do with some parents wanting to leave early or something, but I just don't get how someone could get an autograph of someone, then want to leave immediately. I'm not really an autograph fan, but if I was, I'd think that I'd want to lurk/bullshit with the person whose signature I so eagerly want.

There was still a pretty good crowd for the premiere, and it was only little groms that left early, but damn, it was quite a few of them.

Last thing: I was especially stoked to meet Elissa. Chick's rad.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 08:23:15 AM by grimcity »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2007, 08:32:23 AM »
kids are weird...they get more stoked on meeting someone famous than actually seeing or knowing what they do....

60ticketatsaveon

• Rep: -7
  • i hate rain
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2007, 08:42:27 AM »
who cares what he has done.   It matters what hes doing now, hes washed, and still playing god over at blackbox, fuck that garbage pile of a skate company, and fuck jamie.  Ive ALWAYS hated that kook.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2007, 08:46:01 AM »
who cares what he has done.   It matters what hes doing now, hes washed, and still playing god over at blackbox, fuck that garbage pile of a skate company, and fuck jamie.  Ive ALWAYS hated that kook.

Amen!
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

round_kid

• Rep: -1
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2007, 08:51:26 AM »
Amen!

did you have to pay for the glass window you broke trying to wall ride in new blood? that was awsome, but i would have just ran away

natenola

• Rep: 3
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2007, 08:52:09 AM »
natenola = the melvins
i guess i need to quit talking shit i've been outted

Aussie

• Rep: -1
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2007, 08:57:16 AM »

"Jamie Thomas Appreciation Thread"
Smile For Shane.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2007, 08:57:42 AM »
Fuck that, the Melvins=Nate.

Biters.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2007, 09:02:39 AM »
Are you all trying to become professional bullriders, riding his dick so hard? Seriously, the first couple of pages in that thread were all hate because he cancelled a premiere, and then as soon as he posted a bullshit excuse it was all better. "It wasn't my call." How the fuck was it not your call, Jamie Thomas? Were you that scared of Drake Jones cracking the whip? Were you worried he was going to fire you if you popped that DVD in?

It doesn't even matter that the premeire was cancelled. It happens all the time. But if you were originally pissed about it, "it wasn't my call" is not a good answer from a company owner. In fact, that is probably the most ridiculous answer he could've possibly given. How could anyone possibly accept that as an answer if they were originally that pissed off? And he's not some kind of saint for giving one kid a ride. I bought a kid a soda the other day, but the "DRNEWTON APPRECIATION" thread has yet to be posted, and my rep is at -16.

What I am trying to figure out is why there are close to 200 pages of SLAP playing good cop/bad cop with Jamie Thomas. "You cancelled that premire!111" "Dude, your seriously so sick. Wanna hang out when you come to my bullshit city?" "WHY DO YOU HATE BLANKS?!" Atleast four other past/present pros post here, and even the greatest magazine writer of all time occasionally spams this forum, but I can't recall any SLAP posters posting pictures with these grown ass men, any 100 page threads, or anyone riding these guys' dicks for five months after they defended themselves. You are not Jamie Thomas' friend because you post on this forum, and if you want to be an insider so bad, go become a sales representative for 20k a year or something.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 09:08:17 AM by DrNewton »
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2007, 09:33:54 AM »
give it a rest.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2007, 09:35:28 AM »

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2007, 09:40:21 AM »
this used to be a board where you could get diverse opinions...

How come people have different opinions than mine? I thought this board was about diversity... Geesh.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2007, 09:46:19 AM »
Are you all trying to become professional bullriders, riding his dick so hard? Seriously, the first couple of pages in that thread were all hate because he cancelled a premiere, and then as soon as he posted a bullshit excuse it was all better. "It wasn't my call." How the fuck was it not your call, Jamie Thomas? Were you that scared of Drake Jones cracking the whip? Were you worried he was going to fire you if you popped that DVD in?

It doesn't even matter that the premeire was cancelled. It happens all the time. But if you were originally pissed about it, "it wasn't my call" is not a good answer from a company owner. In fact, that is probably the most ridiculous answer he could've possibly given. How could anyone possibly accept that as an answer if they were originally that pissed off? And he's not some kind of saint for giving one kid a ride. I bought a kid a soda the other day, but the "DRNEWTON APPRECIATION" thread has yet to be posted, and my rep is at -16.

What I am trying to figure out is why there are close to 200 pages of SLAP playing good cop/bad cop with Jamie Thomas. "You cancelled that premire!111" "Dude, your seriously so sick. Wanna hang out when you come to my bullshit city?" "WHY DO YOU HATE BLANKS?!" Atleast four other past/present pros post here, and even the greatest magazine writer of all time occasionally spams this forum, but I can't recall any SLAP posters posting pictures with these grown ass men, any 100 page threads, or anyone riding these guys' dicks for five months after they defended themselves. You are not Jamie Thomas' friend because you post on this forum, and if you want to be an insider so bad, go become a sales representative for 20k a year or something.

Newton, you're losing it.
This thread has nothing to do with the premier and just so you know it's possible for things to not be my call.
I can't make every decision about everything. To refresh your memory, here's what I said in the other thread;

"I heard they didn't have a screen to premier it on, so I suggested that they just play it on the tv's while we sign.
We signed for ages and eventually I asked why the video wasn't playing and Drake said that they decided to wait for tomorrow to premier it. No one in line had asked about it, so I just said whatever. I figured if anyone really wanted to see it, they'd go to the demo the next day which is about 20 minutes away from where the signing was."

You can have differences in opinions and still hang out with someone, no one I've met in person from here has said, dude your so rad. We have conversations about our differences in opinions or whatever and it's cool, cause that's what people do when you're talking face to face.

But, I'm sure you'd be above going to a demo or a video premier in Winston Salem, since there's so much else going on.

"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2007, 09:53:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Newton, you're losing it.
This thread has nothing to do with the premier and just so you know it's possible for things to not be my call.
I can't make every decision about everything. To refresh your memory, here's what I said in the other thread;

"I heard they didn't have a screen to premier it on, so I suggested that they just play it on the tv's while we sign.
We signed for ages and eventually I asked why the video wasn't playing and Drake said that they decided to wait for tomorrow to premier it. No one in line had asked about it, so I just said whatever. I figured if anyone really wanted to see it, they'd go to the demo the next day which is about 20 minutes away from where the signing was."

You can have differences in opinions and still hang out with someone, no one I've met in person from here has said, dude your so rad. We have conversations about our differences in opinions or whatever and it's cool, cause that's what people do when you're talking face to face.

But, I'm sure you'd be above going to a demo or a video premier in Winston Salem, since there's so much else going on.

They decided to play it at a different time, but your ass easily could've put that DVD in.

You faggots had a demo in the neighboring city of Greensboro a couple of years ago. Guess who wasn't in attendance?
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

Joshewuhh

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2007, 10:02:24 AM »
JT's part in Misled youth was great.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2007, 10:07:03 AM »

And just what the fuck do you have in California? A couple of shitty, blown out spots here and there, and plenty of security to go along with it. At those shit spots, you have skate stoppers, and AMs more worried more about photos than having fun. I'd rather be able to cruise the relatively chill streets of Winston at some peace than run the two hours of traffic/get kicked out in five minutes routine any day. You think you have it "going on" because a couple of companies are based out there and occasionally premeire videos? No thanks. I'll just download it.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2007, 10:07:10 AM »
Who's dick riding?

Some of us are capable of not agreeing with someone, but still having respect for them. Going to a premiere is dick riding? Taking a photo is dick riding? You think any of us that were there are trying to get an "in?" That just doesn't make sense to me. Jamie's well aware of my thoughts on more topics than he's interested in knowing, and in lots of cases, those thoughts run contradictory to his own. I can separate issues I disagree with from the person I disagree with.

Keep in mind, when I did the CEOs site, I pointed directly at Jamie and voiced disagreement with his business, and have been on the record as being in disagreement with certain aspects of his company, as well as theology in general. I don't ride Black Box gear, but that's not because I hate Jamie, and he knows that. We're adults, for fuck's sake. I don't have any reason to step up and spit in his face, nor does he have any reason to do that to me. Call it dick riding all you want, but as much as I disagree with Jamie, I still respect him. If you hate Jamie on a personal level, that's your thing, but if what we did last night was dick riding, then I guess I'm just a squirrel looking for a fucking nut.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2007, 10:10:31 AM »
Who's dick riding?

Some of us are capable of not agreeing with someone, but still having respect for them. Going to a premiere is dick riding? Taking a photo is dick riding? You think any of us that were there are trying to get an "in?" That just doesn't make sense to me. Jamie's well aware of my thoughts on more topics than he's interested in knowing, and in lots of cases, those thoughts run contradictory to his own. I can separate issues I disagree with from the person I disagree with.

Keep in mind, when I did the CEOs site, I pointed directly at Jamie and voiced disagreement with his business, and have been on the record as being in disagreement with certain aspects of his company, as well as theology in general. I don't ride Black Box gear, but that's not because I hate Jamie, and he knows that. We're adults, for fuck's sake. I don't have any reason to step up and spit in his face, nor does he have any reason to do that to me. Call it dick riding all you want, but as much as I disagree with Jamie, I still respect him. If you hate Jamie on a personal level, that's your thing, but if what we did last night was dick riding, then I guess I'm just a squirrel looking for a fucking nut.

That post wasn't directed so much at you, I just thought the picture was a litle gay. Take a look at these threads for the dick riding though.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2007, 10:12:31 AM »
Correction: Our picture was very gay. And I mean that in the gay way.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Joshewuhh

« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2007, 10:26:33 AM »
Who's dick riding?

Oh you go Grim!

nate sherwood

• Rep: -8
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2007, 10:28:51 AM »
his chomp on this part gets me stoked on skateboarding.

amen

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2007, 12:44:07 PM »

They decided to play it at a different time, but your ass easily could've put that DVD in.
You faggots had a demo in the neighboring city of Greensboro a couple of years ago. Guess who wasn't in attendance?

Damn, you're cooler than I thought.

Expand Quote
[close]

And just what the fuck do you have in California? A couple of shitty, blown out spots here and there, and plenty of security to go along with it. At those shit spots, you have skate stoppers, and AMs more worried more about photos than having fun. I'd rather be able to cruise the relatively chill streets of Winston at some peace than run the two hours of traffic/get kicked out in five minutes routine any day. You think you have it "going on" because a couple of companies are based out there and occasionally premeire videos? No thanks. I'll just download it.

No need to get heated, everyone has off days
...and no one said California was rad, point was; you're too cool to go see a demo or video premier. (especially, if it's us faggots)

isaac

« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2007, 12:55:51 PM »
come on Jamie, it is kind of goth-gay. bunch of dudes in semi-tight to skin tight black and dark colored clothes going around the country in vans doing "demos" for kids.

but then skating in general can look kind of gay i guess. maybe we're all closet homos and we don't even know about it? i mean we call each other fags in arguments and don't only gay dudes call each other fags with the same regularity?

i'm going to go fuck my girlfriend.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2007, 12:59:15 PM »
come on Jamie, it is kind of goth-gay. bunch of dudes in semi-tight to skin tight black and dark colored clothes going around the country in vans doing "demos" for kids.

but then skating in general can look kind of gay i guess. maybe we're all closet homos and we don't even know about it? i mean we call each other fags in arguments and don't only gay dudes call each other fags with the same regularity?

i'm going to go fuck my girlfriend.

No way dude, we all wear tie dies now, they're all the rage.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2007, 01:19:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn, you're cooler than I thought.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No need to get heated, everyone has off days
...and no one said California was rad, point was; you're too cool to go see a demo or video premier. (especially, if it's us faggots)

And my point was that your too cool to play the video at these "premeires."

You blamed the shop, you blamed your employees, and you even blamed the kids for not telling you they wanted to see the video that was promised on the flyer, but when it came right down to it you could've made the video play. And you didn't. So where are those kids from pages 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. of the "Jamie Thomas is a fuckin' faggot" thread? You were still ultimately responsible for the video not premeireing, and havn't said anything clearing yourself of that responsibility, but because you made some excuses those posters are now gone.

Here are some of the posts I collected:

jamies been owned.

how do you know thats the reason? maybe the video sucked and he was embarrassed of what he had done to everyone.

Thats fucked.

They shouldnt release it at all because people will put it on mIRC.

damn. What a fucked thing to do.

And you're right...the LEAST he could've done was ask for the audiences cooperation with the whole bootlegging and posting it up on Youtube thing. I cant believe he actually cancelled the whole thing.

looks like skateboarding has some new divas.

the video premier thing is pretty regular, it seems like they could have gone about that differently...but my vote for lame move of the week definitley goes to the hiding of shop/blank boards during the signing...thats just outright regular...

Your damned right I don't pay for that shit. $10 to watch someone else skate? $20 to watch there footage? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

clarkie

• Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »
NOTICE: This is a non-sucking general comment!
Dang, I didn't know Elissa was with this tour, I would have had grim say hey for me. Jamie are you passing through Santa Cruz on your way back by chance? I'd love to see her and we have a new skatepark that only took us 21 years go get. If you're out this way, I'll cook dinner for all of you.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2007, 01:32:47 PM »
you need a hug, man?