Author Topic: Jamie Thomas Appreciation Thread  (Read 35947 times)

DrifterGreg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Jamie Thomas Appreciation Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2007, 07:22:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

That thread's been deleted?
[close]

So all these dudes at the shop found out Jamie gave me a ride. They said that's cool, and asked why.

So I told em about the whole premire cancellation, and one of the dudes got really pissed.

"We weren't set up for the premire? We have a big screen t.v. in the corner, and 12 overhead monitors so everyone can see from anywhere in the shop"

He then said

"Everyone was asking why the video wasn't showing, so I went up to Jamie, asked him and he said the whole youtube thing, so I just said forget it and walked away"

This guy was livid, and I've known him for about 5 years...

[close]

I'm not sure who Diego talked to that was livid, cause I talked to the dude who was running the show during our signing (also the dude Drake talked to) and he was real mellow and apologetic for all the drama.

He said that he and Drake discussed how the video could be premiered with most of the people outside and if it would be possible to monitor kids filming the video since it would be playing on several tv's in different locations throughout the store. He told me they agreed there wasn't a good way to host a formal premier, so they thought it would be best if we just waited and showed the video the next day at the demo.

He said he didn't hear any complaints until the past few days with the message board drama.

I think Diego has other friends that work at the store or friends that were pissed about the situation and maybe they posted the story as their own.
If anyone has any other sides of the story they heard from so and so, post them along with the sources and we'll get to the bottom of it.

i ran in the shop that day to buy a belt, and the shop in question had about 20 employees on hand there that day, so im sure there was some kind of miscommunication. i think that while about 80% of the kids that showed for the signing made it to the demo the following day, there are the remaining 20% that do live out in diego's neck of the woods and progressive skatepark is quite a drive that may be out of the question. so i can sympathize with diego's frustration. i wouldnt necessarily jump on a message board and declare jamie a homosexual, but thats just how kids roll these days. haha im glad things panned out the way they did, and for anyone that missed the video at the shop and the park, be patient. its REALLY sick and worth buying. mad props to the zero/mystery dudes for a good demo and video

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #181 on: July 20, 2007, 09:57:28 PM »
Hey Jamie, ever going to tour Europe?

Yeah, we're coming to Europe early next summer for a Fallen tour.

Hey is the Mystery video dropping soon? And speaking of old sponsor me tapes, are you going to have any of those guys old sponsor me tapes as bonus features? I heard Jimmy had a sick one from the guys at Street Machine.

The vid will hopefully be in stores by the end of the month, but sorry, there won't be any sponsor-me vids in there.
Maybe we'll put em up as podcasts down the road if the dudes are into it.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2007, 08:18:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

So all these dudes at the shop found out Jamie gave me a ride. They said that's cool, and asked why.

So I told em about the whole premire cancellation, and one of the dudes got really pissed.

"We weren't set up for the premire? We have a big screen t.v. in the corner, and 12 overhead monitors so everyone can see from anywhere in the shop"

He then said

"Everyone was asking why the video wasn't showing, so I went up to Jamie, asked him and he said the whole youtube thing, so I just said forget it and walked away"

[close]

I'm not sure who Diego talked to that was livid, cause I talked to the dude who was running the show during our signing (also the dude Drake talked to) and he was real mellow and apologetic for all the drama.

He said that he and Drake discussed how the video could be premiered with most of the people outside and if it would be possible to monitor kids filming the video since it would be playing on several tv's in different locations throughout the store. He told me they agreed there wasn't a good way to host a formal premier, so they thought it would be best if we just waited and showed the video the next day at the demo.

He said he didn't hear any complaints until the past few days with the message board drama.

I think Diego has other friends that work at the store or friends that were pissed about the situation and maybe they posted the story as their own.
If anyone has any other sides of the story they heard from so and so, post them along with the sources and we'll get to the bottom of it.

[close]

i ran in the shop that day to buy a belt, and the shop in question had about 20 employees on hand there that day, so im sure there was some kind of miscommunication. i think that while about 80% of the kids that showed for the signing made it to the demo the following day, there are the remaining 20% that do live out in diego's neck of the woods and progressive skatepark is quite a drive that may be out of the question. so i can sympathize with diego's frustration. i wouldnt necessarily jump on a message board and declare jamie a homosexual, but thats just how kids roll these days. haha im glad things panned out the way they did, and for anyone that missed the video at the shop and the park, be patient. its REALLY sick and worth buying. mad props to the zero/mystery dudes for a good demo and video

belt?  hello....your shoelace called....

DrifterGreg

« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2007, 08:29:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

He then said

[close]

[close]

[close]

belt?  hello....your shoelace called....

indeed it did. the belt ended up being lousy quality and i returned it the next day. look like im lacing it for a while.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2007, 10:14:39 AM »

Whoa whoa whoa... So this shop has 20 employees? What is this? Pac Sun 49?

*points finger the other way*

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2007, 07:05:28 PM »
When will the fallen video premiere/be released?

DrifterGreg

« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2007, 07:17:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the shop is a very large skate/wake shop with several skate employees, wake employees, and then the manager types. from what i saw, it looked like everyone who worked there was clocked in for the signing. the line of kids was waaaaaaaay long

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2007, 02:55:36 PM »
Diego, are you being called out for bro'ing down at a wakeboarding store?

89-90pistons

« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2007, 03:35:01 PM »
that hurts.

diegomenendez

« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2007, 04:26:08 PM »
Diego, are you being called out for bro'ing down at a wakeboarding store?

What's it matter if you're friends work there?

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2007, 04:46:42 PM »
Well, it answers a lot of questions over a video premiere being cancelled at Wakeboard-Mart.

kevbo999

« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2007, 04:53:33 PM »
Well, it answers a lot of questions over a video premiere being cancelled at Wakeboard-Mart.

hahaha

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2007, 06:27:56 PM »
i dont even want to admit people i know who work at american apperal....

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2007, 07:11:34 PM »
If you know girls there, you're a stud. If you know guys there, you're totally gay.

Slater

• Rep: -20
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2007, 06:40:39 AM »

well the store is actually divided half and half pretty much. ambush (the shop) also runs www.buyskateshoes.com, and the skate employees skate, hell theres even one of the local atlanta legends working in there. so yes they sell wakeboards, but skateboarding is still the biggest part of the shop, they do a lot of events and give back to the skate community. so if that doesnt constitute a good skateshop then i dont know what does.

diegomenendez

« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2007, 07:58:33 AM »
You're missing the point max, they sell other things than skateboards....people dont wakeboard....everyone skates....

brawler, go buy supreme

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2007, 09:31:57 AM »
Any "skate shop" that has over 20 employees working at once has every reason to have the finger pointed back at them.

Christ, when you said you walked in and three people were bitching about the video being cancelled, I pictured maybe two workers, and maybe the owner. Instead, we get a fraction of how many people work there.

I couldn't imagine holding a video premiere at a department store, and then later hearing how the Pet Department thinks Jamie's a fagot.

Slater

« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2007, 09:36:22 AM »
actually the shop only has a little over 10 employees i think

and the reason they were all there working was due to the hundreds and hundreds of kids in line. theyd be retards to have 3 people trying to keep 500 little zero fans in order.

brawler do you skate much?

suckafoo

« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2007, 09:40:02 AM »
Hey Jamie....why no Chicago area stop on your little tour?
Well I believe in the devil....and nothing scares me more than Keyser Soze.

DrifterGreg

« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2007, 09:41:07 AM »
Any "skate shop" that has over 20 employees working at once has every reason to have the finger pointed back at them.

no need to point any fingers or place any blame. its all been said and done. no one in any part of the situation did anything wrong. the shop was completelly justified in having all hands on deck for the signing, as it was host to about 500 kids around the time i was there. there is nothing wrong with selling wakeboards, and in truth the shop has been around for about 10 years and has made all its money off skateboarding before getting into the wake biz. it is a good shop with good employees, many of whom im glad to call friends. no need to bash the store.

bothersome

« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2007, 09:44:02 AM »
Carrying wakeboards is kinda questionable but it sounds like they do alot for the local scene.
Kinda crazy thinking about running a store that massive, stress fest.r

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2007, 09:56:47 AM »
I'm pointing the finger because of the stinkfest Diego caused about going into the shop "after" the whole thing had happened. He cried wolf over everything and anything.

I'm proving the fact that if you're calling someone a "fucking fagot", people may want to look at both sides.

Nobody had any clue it was a big store when "three dudes were complaining about him".

And Degayho, I do skate. I just have a full time job and a drinking habit; two things you don't seem to have. So I more positive things with free time, like making fun of people online.

bothersome

« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2007, 09:59:33 AM »
point BB.

Slater

« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2007, 10:01:26 AM »
I'm pointing the finger because of the stinkfest Diego caused about going into the shop "after" the whole thing had happened. He cried wolf over everything and anything.

I'm proving the fact that if you're calling someone a "fucking fagot", people may want to look at both sides.

Nobody had any clue it was a big store when "three dudes were complaining about him".

And Degayho, I do skate. I just have a full time job and a drinking habit; two things you don't seem to have. So I more positive things with free time, like making fun of people online.

i was actually the one asking if you skate. my name is max.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2007, 10:02:17 AM »
And to Wake-Mart, I think you should try this on your customers before letting them go typing on the internet.

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-shut-up-a-crying-baby-5364?src=rss

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2007, 10:04:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

maybe it's the H Street of skateshops circa 1990-1992

Slater

« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2007, 10:12:03 AM »
And to Wake-Mart, I think you should try this on your customers before letting them go typing on the internet.

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-shut-up-a-crying-baby-5364?src=rss

the shop is actually called ambush

and dont you shop at fucking supreme or some shit?

at least at our shop theyre welcoming and nice to everyone. supreme's like a fuckin rich boy high society.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2007, 10:13:41 AM »
Supreme is for people with a positive Slap rep ;)

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2007, 10:16:31 AM »
My yellow bullets cap looks so much better at the bar than orange water wings and Billabong beach shorts.

Slater

« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2007, 10:19:04 AM »
My yellow bullets cap looks so much better at the bar than orange water wings and Billabong beach shorts.

point proven, thank you