Author Topic: static 3  (Read 41264 times)

lurk daddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -464
  • put the FU back in fun
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: static 3
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2007, 11:45:02 PM »
Expand Quote
all that slow mo pissed me off a bit too
[close]

then you will love fully flared
i hate the intro to tell you the truth, but the blow up stuff is cool just not in super slow mo
IF YOU HAVE SEX ONCE, YOU GET HERPES. IF YOU DO COKE ONCE, YOU DIE AND LOSE YOUR JOB.

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -464
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2007, 11:45:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i hate the intro to tell you the truth, but the blow up stuff is cool just not in super slow mo
and Band of Horses is mos def emo sometimes i dont wanna watch guy because of those songs
IF YOU HAVE SEX ONCE, YOU GET HERPES. IF YOU DO COKE ONCE, YOU DIE AND LOSE YOUR JOB.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2007, 11:46:02 PM »
Jeru.....emo? James Brown....emo? Fuggin Lakai music waz like a damn OC or "Life of Ryan" soundtrack. Way to jump on that bandwagon Guile....or should I say "Band of Horses" wagon. Atleast Static III/Habitat dont have shots of gennie lights lighting up, skaters pushing through steam and fagish model shots of skaters turning to look at the camera....Im sure those were totally spontaneous and Ty wasnt saying to Mike Emo "OK, turn and look at the camera.....NOW!". And how bout 100% slow-mo song with MJ doing 50-50 late flips and 50-50 pressure flips in full slow-EMO. Lakai is G but ur blowin men if you call Static III emo.
you didn't see all those modelling shots in static III?

toy machine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2007, 11:47:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
and Band of Horses is mos def emo sometimes i dont wanna watch guy because of those songs
i agree if guy had a way better song his part would have beem 10x better.

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2007, 11:56:47 PM »
then turn the sound off and put your own music on, its not a big deal
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2007, 11:57:45 PM »
solid advice.

TheMoneyMellon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2007, 12:07:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Jeru.....emo? James Brown....emo? Fuggin Lakai music waz like a damn OC or "Life of Ryan" soundtrack. Way to jump on that bandwagon Guile....or should I say "Band of Horses" wagon. Atleast Static III/Habitat dont have shots of gennie lights lighting up, skaters pushing through steam and fagish model shots of skaters turning to look at the camera....Im sure those were totally spontaneous and Ty wasnt saying to Mike Emo "OK, turn and look at the camera.....NOW!". And how bout 100% slow-mo song with MJ doing 50-50 late flips and 50-50 pressure flips in full slow-EMO. Lakai is G but ur blowin men if you call Static III emo.
[close]
you didn't see all those modelling shots in static III?
To be honest I thought the editing in Static III wasn't all that great, the transitions were so random for a video that I expected to have a strong single direction. The Tears for fears song in Soy Panday's part sucked, I turned it off after Renaud's part and went to sleep. Nate Broussard had a great part from what I saw on youtube. Maybe I'll change my mind when I decide to watch it again. There was way too much emphasis on editing and production in both Fully Flared and Static 3 in my opinion. I dunno, I guess this means I'm not raw, or core, or some shit. Then again most people on here think that just skating in New York makes a dude raw and have no idea what the fuck it means.

Herve Villechaize

• Rep: -1
  • I'm a G!
« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2007, 12:24:49 AM »
Naw, if ya dont like it, ya dont like it....doesnt mean ur not core or no shit like that. U just got different taste. But "turn off the sound"...ur jokin right? U got jokes? I can maybe agree both vids got "too much emphasis on production" but atleast Static dont feel like a MTV show. Lakai let me down filming on built ledges in the woods and fake rails at foundation spots. I love a lotta Lakai parts....but the overall feel is kinda bad...thats right, I said it.
Big things, small packages!

Lurkenstock

« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2007, 02:27:30 AM »
Well put as well as amusing.
I don't get the emo thing either.
Why can't people appreciate both videos?
They're both incredibly well put together and I liked the music choices in both as well, in fact I have to say Static had better music overall.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2007, 03:30:50 AM »
can i pretty plzzzz get a link?  somebody anybody

mipe

« Reply #220 on: December 13, 2007, 04:46:17 AM »
oh fuck it..

link for me please

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #221 on: December 13, 2007, 05:34:17 AM »
I much prefer cellar doors to combo switch up grinds, but thats just me.

deep

« Reply #222 on: December 13, 2007, 05:49:57 AM »

fully flared kicked every videos ass this year, everybody just let it go

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2007, 06:05:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fully flared kicked every videos ass this year, everybody just let it go

To you maybe, but id rather watch inhabitants or static 3 to fully flared.  Its all opinion.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #224 on: December 13, 2007, 07:37:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

was i talking about the music you fucking mook? no i wasnt. i was talking about the slow mo shots of people pushing and the 7 second long shots of fucking buildings with graffiti. the static video fucking sucked. soy panday was good, danny renaud was good, the rest of it was like an east coast 411 of no-name bad styles, mixed in with long shots of dirty buildings.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: December 13, 2007, 07:43:32 AM »
Expand Quote
oh yeah, im always more stoked to watch a video thats 65% shots of buildings with graffiti on them. thats what was missing from lakai, more graffiti buildings. lakai was also not as slow moving and emo, which kind of sucked. i like when i can sit through a video and go straight to bed.
[close]

"Emo" what are you talking about? I didn't wanna do this to you but here you go.....

James Brown, T-Rex, Elliot Smith, LL Cool J  versus  Arcade Fire, Band of Horses, Fishcherspooner (which I just looked up and noticed it's from the Nip/Tuck soundtrack great music research. Fuck Meza come back please!) and my favorite :gasp: SheWantsRevenge ahahahahaha this is what I think of when I see slow mo 50-50 primo flips out

yet again, i never said shit about the music in nightmare before christmas. the video was shit, and trying to defend it is like people trying to defend thier "action figure" collection. you play with fucking dolls, give up. and what did you mean by "i didnt want to do this to you but here you go" you didnt do anything to me, you tried matching a bunch of artists up when i said nothing about any music. i dont know what a single song in lakai was because it was all some wierd shitty american garbage and static was just such a shitty video i couldnt remember anything from it other than soy panday, and how funny it was that some of those dudes were included in a video that is supposedly being sold for money.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

alongway

• Rep: -3
« Reply #226 on: December 13, 2007, 07:48:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
oh yeah, im always more stoked to watch a video thats 65% shots of buildings with graffiti on them. thats what was missing from lakai, more graffiti buildings. lakai was also not as slow moving and emo, which kind of sucked. i like when i can sit through a video and go straight to bed.
[close]

"Emo" what are you talking about? I didn't wanna do this to you but here you go.....

James Brown, T-Rex, Elliot Smith, LL Cool J  versus  Arcade Fire, Band of Horses, Fishcherspooner (which I just looked up and noticed it's from the Nip/Tuck soundtrack great music research. Fuck Meza come back please!) and my favorite :gasp: SheWantsRevenge ahahahahaha this is what I think of when I see slow mo 50-50 primo flips out
[close]

yet again, i never said shit about the music in nightmare before christmas. the video was shit, and trying to defend it is like people trying to defend thier "action figure" collection. you play with fucking dolls, give up. and what did you mean by "i didnt want to do this to you but here you go" you didnt do anything to me, you tried matching a bunch of artists up when i said nothing about any music. i dont know what a single song in lakai was because it was all some wierd shitty american garbage and static was just such a shitty video i couldnt remember anything from it other than soy panday, and how funny it was that some of those dudes were included in a video that is supposedly being sold for money.

relax,
relax guile,
dont get so uptight, its a messageboard KOOK.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 07:52:13 AM by alongway »

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: December 13, 2007, 07:52:34 AM »
uptight? its 7 in the morning and im making fun of josh stewart. i dont see anythign uptight about this, i just love making fun of him because i know hes reading every word and wishing there is something he could do about this. YOUR VIDEO SUCKED DUDE, NOW YOURE GONNA BE BROKE. should have gotten a job and not bitched at every skateboarder on the internet. im having a great time sending the video around too, real fun like.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

alongway

« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2007, 08:03:24 AM »
uptight? its 7 in the morning and im making fun of josh stewart. i dont see anythign uptight about this, i just love making fun of him because i know hes reading every word and wishing there is something he could do about this. YOUR VIDEO SUCKED DUDE, NOW YOURE GONNA BE BROKE. should have gotten a job and not bitched at every skateboarder on the internet. im having a great time sending the video around too, real fun like.

wow.
not much else im gonna say other than that, but you really need to go get laid or something.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: December 13, 2007, 08:05:41 AM »
yeah nice try with the laid thing. next you are going to try and claim im fat. this is what i love about slap. normally i would wake up and lay on the couch drinking coffee for a couple hours before work and still be burnt but i can sit here with my coffee for half an hour making fun of the slow bus kids and by the time i get to work ive got a smile on my face again.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

alongway

« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2007, 08:06:51 AM »
yeah nice try with the laid thing. next you are going to try and claim im fat. this is what i love about slap. normally i would wake up and lay on the couch drinking coffee for a couple hours before work and still be burnt but i can sit here with my coffee for half an hour making fun of the slow bus kids and by the time i get to work ive got a smile on my face again.

nah im not gonna claim your fat,
but i am gonna claim that you are quite the loser.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2007, 08:07:14 AM »
yet again wrong. quick call me gay!
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

alongway

« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2007, 08:11:35 AM »
yet again wrong. quick call me gay!
denial
humanities worst enemy, or maybe just guiles.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: December 13, 2007, 08:13:48 AM »
i miss fighting with vegan, you transworld kids arent even clever. "youre a loser" "get laid" "youre gay" "you must be 14". just the same shit every time, JUST LIKE JOSH'S SHIT VIDEOS AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA AHAHHAHAHAHA AHAHHAHAHAHHAH AHAHHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHHAHA AHHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAH AHAHHA *poot* AHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHA AHAHHA
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

alongway

« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2007, 08:18:42 AM »
i miss fighting with vegan, you transworld kids arent even clever. "youre a loser" "get laid" "youre gay" "you must be 14". just the same shit every time, JUST LIKE JOSH'S SHIT VIDEOS AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA AHAHHAHAHAHA AHAHHAHAHAHHAH AHAHHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHHAHA AHHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAH AHAHHA *poot* AHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHA AHAHHA
one of those kids, once confronted,
you RUN.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2007, 08:22:19 AM »
uh haw........
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Jura

« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2007, 08:23:27 AM »
... just love making fun of him because i know hes reading every word and wishing there is something he could do about this.

Do you REALLY think that? Honestly?

Ideas of grandeur much, Guile? I really doubt people are sweating what YOU have to say about the video.

FYI, such ideas of grandeur are like one of the top symptoms for agitated depression and bipolar disorder. And by reading some of you other posts, perhaps you may want to get checked out. Couldn't hurt right?

alongway

« Reply #237 on: December 13, 2007, 08:26:25 AM »
Expand Quote
... just love making fun of him because i know hes reading every word and wishing there is something he could do about this.
[close]

Do you REALLY think that? Honestly?

Ideas of grandeur much, Guile? I really doubt people are sweating what YOU have to say about the video.

FYI, such ideas of grandeur are like one of the top symptoms for agitated depression and bipolar disorder. And by reading some of you other posts, perhaps you may want to get checked out. Couldn't hurt right?

He wishes either one of these illnesses was the cause,
at least than he have an excuse.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2007, 08:28:15 AM »
if that were true he wouldnt be coming on to defend himself and call me out with "you must be 14" "you are fat" "you must have no life" "you probably dont skate" and the other generic bullshit he says each time. seriously, how long have you guys been part of this messageboard? you should already know this shit.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2007, 08:32:14 AM »
is that a new "scene" insult or something?
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES