Author Topic: the emperors clothes  (Read 7138 times)

A-Bo

Re: the emperors clothes
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2007, 10:17:59 PM »
Mike Mo's 720 flip was not in his part. It was in the joke footage on crailtap.com

People hate Beautifull not Fully Flared

Fully Flared is most likely in everyone on heres top fives or atleast top tens, that video was amazing.

Was anyone expecting anything other than ledge combos? That is what technichal skating is and Fully Flared is a technical skating video at its heart.

Who cares what its called? Whens the last time a skate video had a really cool name?

And the "skating is ok at points"? Those dudes are the best of the best at this shit.

None of your points are remotely valid. You are truly living up to that rep of yours. And aren't you a chick or something?

bentmode

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2007, 10:23:10 PM »
at least you are being hawnest, and thats all you can be.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2007, 07:12:20 AM »
I think alot of the older dudes that feel nostalgic towards the whole fully flared being the next gold fish/h-street video were blinded.  The earliest warning sign started when Jeremy Rogers started doing his 'nose slide to tail slide' combo.  That shit is faggy and regular.  What are we supposed to do next, go back to size 50 pants?  The main reason why I HATE Fullyflared is (the name, gay) and the amount of combo's and slow-mo's.  Don't get me wrong, the skating is ok at points, but mostly, it's a super snore to watch.  Other people have voiced a similar opinion, so don't bother responding to that part. 

I don't like all types of skating, just good skating, and not some faggy ass combo for the skake of being able to do it.  I don't care what mike-mo nerdy ass skateboarder can do a 720 triple flipping donkey kick.  Shit looks bad.  Best left for the 'joke' footage.  Not in a real part. 

Still waiting on your full part so that I can over be overly critical and nit pick it apart!

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2007, 07:18:16 AM »
who is to say what is ALLOWED in skateboarding?

fuckingvegan

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2007, 07:19:43 AM »

Thank you, I am so sick of this jock mind set that only certain things count as "skateboarding"!

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1529
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2007, 07:35:59 AM »
to me videos are a visual representation of what is possible on a skateboard and in that sense you cannot hate on any video (except the ones that have all the same old standard tricks)...

they're also a source of hype, but usually i don't need that to get skating.

if some people here have to consult their friend whether they should try this new trick or not (it may be uncool!!), that's their own problem.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1597
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2007, 09:06:33 AM »
don't think rick and mike wouldn't have clowned on half those tricks in the 90's.....

at the same time...this is where skatings at right now....and the guys are doing all the stuff relatively clean and fast so maybe that's why it sucked first time around....maybe it wasn't what they were doing but how they did it....

i don't mind it..

Cliffzilla

• Rep: 1
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2007, 10:04:30 AM »
I think alot of the older dudes that feel nostalgic towards the whole fully flared being the next gold fish/h-street video were blinded.  The earliest warning sign started when Jeremy Rogers started doing his 'nose slide to tail slide' combo.  That shit is faggy and regular.  What are we supposed to do next, go back to size 50 pants?  The main reason why I HATE Fullyflared is (the name, gay) and the amount of combo's and slow-mo's.  Don't get me wrong, the skating is ok at points, but mostly, it's a super snore to watch.  Other people have voiced a similar opinion, so don't bother responding to that part. 

I don't like all types of skating, just good skating, and not some faggy ass combo for the skake of being able to do it.  I don't care what mike-mo nerdy ass skateboarder can do a 720 triple flipping donkey kick.  Shit looks bad.  Best left for the 'joke' footage.  Not in a real part. 

I fucking hate you so much. Seriously.
you can hardly call them" skateboarding shows".more like "shows with skateboarders in silly situations".

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 10:17:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I fucking hate you so much. Seriously.
the dudes just sarcastically serious. he loves fully flared, he would just never say that on here.

• Rep: 48
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 11:08:56 AM »
I remember reading about Mike Carrol originating noseslide to backtails in an issue of Thrasher way back in '92.  That trick is pretty old actually.  Combo tricks on rails just seems ridiculous to me (in a good way).

“Skaters are rebels” Reggie Barnes
“…If we create campaigns trying to sway skateboarders they will possibly rebel against it and go even more to non branded boards”

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2007, 01:18:47 PM »
Watching Fully Flared for the first time in about two weeks makes it a whole new experience for me. So good.

*BargainShopper*

• Rep: -42
  • Simple Lives Always Prevail
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2007, 02:04:42 PM »
my art teachers husband is an ex-h-street skater
i dont know his first name but his last name is Stephens
he did a christ-air over a pick-up in his sponsor me tape
I'm so high

Derka Derk

• Rep: 9
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2007, 03:49:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thank you, I am so sick of this jock mind set that only certain things count as "skateboarding"!

But that doesn't make laughing at todd falcon any less entertaining

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2007, 06:38:45 PM »
I was excited to see a whole bunch of new crap, whether it be combos or whatever, I thought it was refreshing.
That said, I liked Alex Olson's part the best and he didn't get combo crazy.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2007, 07:06:25 PM »
Ok, you just put up your little point, waited for two people to disagree with you, then agreed with yourself,* then you apparently make up a fake account called "fuck combo tricks," just to have another "different poster" agree with you**? No matter what your point is, when you present it like that you look like a kook and don't deserve to be taken seriously.

true

COMBO TRICKS LOOK FUCKING GOOFY. THERE ARE MAYBE  2 ACCEPTABLE COMBOS

Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

loveslayton

• Rep: -2
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2007, 08:49:13 PM »
no i was agreeing that i have too much time on my hands. My point is my point, i dont need to make another account to make it seem like people are agreeing with me, obviously tons of people are stoked on the combos and they have a  right to thier opinions, as do you, and as do I. 

NCLOVE

• Rep: -19
    • Blacksheep avatar image
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2007, 08:54:37 PM »
I hate when kids play the freedom of speech card every time someone disagrees with them strongly.
What's next?
I can see it now.  Head line of CNN

"Birdman finds cure for cancer."

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2007, 05:44:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

todd falcon looked me in the eyes once.... 

...while kickflipping.

Mad Max

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2007, 06:44:55 AM »
I think you missed the point that what the Lakai riders have done is take "ugly" combos and made them look good.

Oh, and they innovate at the same time.

You can take this point to the hammer camp too. JT took his balls and balanced them pretty well on some long rails. The craze grew but the steez was lacking (e.g. Carlos Ruiz) hence the demise of hammer fuelled skating. JT then took a select few skilled stuntmen and took the hammer camp to yet another level (e.g. Jon Allie) thus restoring faith in the genre.

The only area this point might not hit target is with Vert because it's difficult to break out some flair on vertical extensions. The only person I know who can do that is Danny Way.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2007, 06:46:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Trust me I laugh at certain things all the time in skateboarding but I would never say it isn't "skateboarding".

fuckingvegan

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2007, 06:47:44 AM »
I think you missed the point that what the Lakai riders have done is take "ugly" combos and made them look good.

You can take this point to the hammer camp too. JT took his balls and balanced them pretty well on some long rails. The craze grew but the steez was lacking (e.g. Carlos Ruiz) hence the demise of hammer fuelled skating. JT then took a select few skilled stuntmen and took the hammer camp to yet another level (e.g. Jon Allie) thus restoring faith in the genre.

The only area this point might not hit target is with Vert because it's difficult to break out some flair on vertical extensions. The only person I know who can do that is Danny Way.

What??

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2007, 07:18:55 AM »
I'm so high

Maybe Ray Simmonds?

"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Cliffzilla

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2007, 07:49:12 AM »

Jake Brown. Watch his "What If" part and I'm sure you'll reconsider.
you can hardly call them" skateboarding shows".more like "shows with skateboarders in silly situations".

chopper

• Rep: 5
  • "hey a street spot"
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2007, 12:28:35 PM »
Koston was ready to bring 'em back in Yeah Right, from 1:10 ->

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V_--1GKwJoU

probably ABP

leeroy

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2007, 01:21:14 PM »
COMBO TRICKS LOOK FUCKING GOOFY. THERE ARE MAYBE  2 ACCEPTABLE COMBOS

Since when there were rules in skateboarding.
I must have skipped that part?
"The Night Of The Vampire"

A-Bo

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2007, 03:36:10 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm so high
[close]

Maybe Ray Simmonds?

my spanish teacher in middle school fucked jahmal williams

NCLOVE

• Rep: -19
    • Blacksheep avatar image
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2007, 04:42:53 PM »
I don't mind combo tricks, it's enjoyable to watch. But I have to say, I've watched Alex Olson's part more than any other part in the video.
What's next?
I can see it now.  Head line of CNN

"Birdman finds cure for cancer."

sheffledge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2007, 04:55:09 PM »
i couldnt help but to think that half of erics tricks

were

his "dork tricks"

or

wouldve been in any other era of his career

save h street

kevbo_3000

• Rep: 2
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2007, 11:24:12 AM »
my spanish teacher in middle school fucked jahmal williams

I thought jahmal williams was all a.c. green and shit.  virgin fo'eva.

jf

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2007, 02:27:21 PM »
ronson lambert invented half the tricks in fully flared.

besides the hardflip backsmith and that back lip front shove late flip, ronson hasnt made up any combo that hasnt already been done. so i hope you are joking too. dont get me wrong, im one of the few people on here that digs ronson's skating. dude is good just like his brother before him.