Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4576478 times)

Verdugo and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

BraveUlysses

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #20550 on: October 04, 2013, 06:54:29 PM »
Just got these today and I'm hyped to skate them. You can tell how much Lakais have improved just by looking at them up close and feeling the suede.

sweat stains

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #20551 on: October 04, 2013, 07:08:48 PM »
Just got these today and I'm hyped to skate them. You can tell how much Lakais have improved just by looking at them up close and feeling the suede.

Had 4 pairs of these, they're pretty much the Vincent Alvarez with a thinner sole.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:54:21 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
damn those yarys bout those squats

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #20552 on: October 04, 2013, 09:05:35 PM »
i dont know if this is the right place to ask. but i figure people reading this tread would be of more help.
i need some new shoes.. that are super comfortable. my feet are killing me. been skating some adidas boos n tits vulc with better insole.
but i was thinking of either getting.. the new, new balance stratford.. ot whatever its called.. or BAs nike shoes..
im looking for good skatability. but also comfort. just straight comfort.
and no. the reynolds are ugly.. id just get the upcoming westgate shoe if it was out. but its not.
BAs shoe is fucking COMFY just a bit on the bulkier side

Will Easley

« Reply #20553 on: October 04, 2013, 09:27:38 PM »
i dont know if this is the right place to ask. but i figure people reading this tread would be of more help.
i need some new shoes.. that are super comfortable. my feet are killing me. been skating some adidas boos n tits vulc with better insole.
but i was thinking of either getting.. the new, new balance stratford.. ot whatever its called.. or BAs nike shoes..
and no. the reynolds are ugly.. id just get the upcoming westgate shoe if it was out. but its not.

If you really want stability & comfort, you really can't go wrong with the BA's, as those are probably it's most standout qualities. The sole will definitely be a lot thicker than busenitz vulcs but it gets nice and flexy after some wear. I got mine a half size down from what I normally wear but that was just because i feel the skate better with your toes closer to the front of the shoe so you can really dig in to that runners toe when you're setting up for tricks

I tried on those Stratfords and almost bought them but I just really couldn't get past the look with the big N on the side. They seemed comfortable tho.

Randozzi

« Reply #20554 on: October 04, 2013, 09:38:09 PM »
you might dig the Guy XLK or G6.

b.v.

« Reply #20555 on: October 05, 2013, 07:50:52 AM »
On my 2nd week of the Marc and can only say great things about them.
Fully broken in, sole is insanely grippy, suede is holding up well and they're like slippers now.
I did change out the insole to a combo of the jaws footprint and a thin poron one under so it equals a standard insole and they are pretty much perfect.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #20556 on: October 05, 2013, 03:01:39 PM »

So I saw this Asian kid rock'n some weezys and I thought you boys would appreciate it

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #20557 on: October 05, 2013, 03:08:44 PM »
On my 2nd week of the Marc and can only say great things about them. Fully broken in, sole is insanely grippy, suede is holding up well and they're like slippers now. I did change out the insole to a combo of the jaws footprint and a thin poron one under so it equals a standard insole and they are pretty much perfect.

Hell yeah. How is the stitching holding up for you? If I had any beef with my Howards, it would be the stitching goes pretty quickly, but that's such a minor thing compared to how good the rest of the shoe is. I think I am getting a pair of Marc next.

**Spectre Shoes
So I saw this Asian kid rock'n some weezys and I thought you boys would appreciate it

HOLY SHIT! I can't believe someone is actually rocking those!  :-X

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #20558 on: October 05, 2013, 03:14:26 PM »
I am currently skating the ramondetta hufs. It's been 2 months. Still great condition. Best skate shoe in a long time! Also been skating the Elijah sk8 hi. Pretty fucking good. But I'm an A's fan and blacked out the orange. Fuck the giants

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #20559 on: October 06, 2013, 09:54:53 AM »

Found these at a sidewalk sale in Huntington Beach a few months ago. They're holding up very well, much more so than I expected. The quality on Huf shoes is superb.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20560 on: October 06, 2013, 09:32:36 PM »
the more I skate in these Reynolds mids, the more I wish they had the g6 soles.

dillanharp

« Reply #20561 on: October 06, 2013, 10:06:13 PM »
I am currently skating the ramondetta hufs. It's been 2 months. Still great condition. Best skate shoe in a long time! Also been skating the Elijah sk8 hi. Pretty fucking good. But I'm an A's fan and blacked out the orange. Fuck the giants

Get the fuck out. Really.

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #20562 on: October 06, 2013, 10:29:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea, really. Who is in the play offs? That's fuckin right.

RaptorJesus

• Rep: 42
  • raptor jesus died for your homeostasis
« Reply #20563 on: October 07, 2013, 01:12:05 AM »
A's boy, I'm scared if they keep winning there's gonna be riots cause I live right by the coliseum.
When the raiders did good that one time(lol) shit was nuts

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #20564 on: October 07, 2013, 03:13:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

haha you're really going there?  why do A's fans HAAATEEE the Giants so much (I actually know the answer but just wondering what your reasoning is).  you should spend more time hating the teams you're actually playing.

RaptorJesus

« Reply #20565 on: October 07, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
-people who hate the giants
-people who hate giants fans

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #20566 on: October 07, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »
Eh anytime a team wins the WS/Super Bowl the bandwagon fans come out and annoys everybody.  I'm already seeing it with A's fans... a team that draws around 4 thousand people a game all of a sudden has 40 thousand.  that's just the way it is.

a matter of fact most sports fans are annoying

BTW although a Giants fan i'm very much rooting for the A's (Bob Melvin was an ex-giant).. and not to jump ahead but I'm counting on you to knock out the Red Sox!

wearing Era Pros, diggin em.  fuck nike, etc....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 06:38:19 PM by bea! »

dillanharp

« Reply #20567 on: October 07, 2013, 03:26:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

haha you're really going there?� why do A's fans HAAATEEE the Giants so much (I actually know the answer but just wondering what your reasoning is).� you should spend more time hating the teams you're actually playing.

This. No real rivalry, just bitterness and whining about media coverage and bringing up some shit that happened TWENTY FOUR years ago. The worst fucking fans in baseball won't even sell out when they're making a run for the playoffs, no wonder Wolf wants to leave Oakland. I couldn't care less about the fucking A's, other than I don't want them in San Jose. We have the Dodgers to hate, move along.

Sorry Tangar haha.

RaptorJesus

« Reply #20568 on: October 07, 2013, 03:33:35 PM »
i was a shitty fan photographer for both the a's and giants. giants was the shit. so many girls....and i had a orange bow tie that i thought was so dumb on me but little did i know bitches flocked to it. i did so much that couldve got me fired (girls,beer,etc...) i should look into it again.

to not get too off, i had a pair of cab eras pros and hated them but it couldve been materials. was the first pro era i think. how is the boardfeel compared to regular eras/old skools now?

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1213
« Reply #20569 on: October 08, 2013, 02:53:56 PM »
wearing Era Pros, diggin em. ? fuck nike, etc....

the crap construction of Vans recently has me going the exact opposite direction.  going to try out a pair of Koston 2s purchased cheap during the Active sale.  I have some KA-IIs, but they are almost too good and comfy that I want to save them FOREVER!!!
hardly art, hardly starving

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #20570 on: October 08, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »
I have some KA-IIs, but they are almost too good and comfy that I want to save them FOREVER!!!

Funny you say this about a shoe, Art, I know what you mean completely. I was just saying this exact thing today to a friend about the Lakai Howard Lo. It's at the point now that I have to think twice about skating in them because of how much I dig them as my everyday kicks.

Jake

• Rep: -33
« Reply #20571 on: October 08, 2013, 05:04:32 PM »
Just got these which are my first pair of supras, I've been wearing them around, had a quick flatground sesh in them earlier, and I'm liking them a ton so far. Its like a lunaron dunk mid, they're insanely light without comprising cushioning. Probably more comfortable then dunks too. Looking forward to testing them out with a full days skating, but so far so good. I'm impressed with supra, in the past I wouldnt have considered skating them, but good mid top cupsoles are too few and far between, I'm glad I tested the waters.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #20572 on: October 08, 2013, 06:22:57 PM »
Eh anytime a team wins the WS/Super Bowl the bandwagon fans come out and annoys everybody.  I'm already seeing it with A's fans... a team that draws around 4 thousand people a game all of a sudden has 40 thousand.  that's just the way it is.

BTW although a Giants fan i'm very much rooting for the A's (Bob Melvin was an ex-giant).. and not to jump ahead but I'm counting on you to knock out the Red Sox!

hahahaha in your fucking dreams guy

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #20573 on: October 08, 2013, 06:51:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hahahaha in your fucking dreams guy

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20574 on: October 09, 2013, 08:56:38 AM »
Expand Quote
I have some KA-IIs, but they are almost too good and comfy that I want to save them FOREVER!!!
[close]

Funny you say this about a shoe, Art, I know what you mean completely. I was just saying this exact thing today to a friend about the Lakai Howard Lo. It's at the point now that I have to think twice about skating in them because of how much I dig them as my everyday kicks.

Yeah, the KA-IIs really are a perfect shoe to me.  I only want to skate the Koston 2s because then I can compare how each of the major "flagship" shoes skate/feel/etc and maybe finally live the dream of only skating in one shoe for the rest of my days (Buz ADV vs. Koston 2 vs. KA-II) and silence the shoe voices in my head

Slappy_Happy

• Rep: -11
« Reply #20575 on: October 09, 2013, 05:52:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, the KA-IIs really are a perfect shoe to me.  I only want to skate the Koston 2s because then I can compare how each of the major "flagship" shoes skate/feel/etc and maybe finally live the dream of only skating in one shoe for the rest of my days (Buz ADV vs. Koston 2 vs. KA-II) and silence the shoe voices in my head

How is the grip on the KA 2?  I feel like it would go bald real quick because it isn't really that deep
the evidence seems to be in the highwaters.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20576 on: October 09, 2013, 06:31:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

How is the grip on the KA 2?  I feel like it would go bald real quick because it isn't really that deep

Very grippy.  Havent seen any signs of balding, but I'm pretty delicate on my soles

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #20577 on: October 09, 2013, 06:36:11 PM »
Got these Huf Arenas in my surprise pack. Hyped because I wanted to try them. Would have picked black, but cant beat the hook up.

Skated very well out of the box. Ive had 4 pairs of busenitz, and if those are too narrow or slippery these are perfect. Sturdy, flexible and grippy

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #20578 on: October 09, 2013, 07:59:32 PM »
I like the OG Busenitz more, but got these for so cheap. So why not get another ADV.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

samsk8

• Rep: -26
  • maddd propzzz
« Reply #20579 on: October 10, 2013, 04:38:16 AM »
Just got these which are my first pair of supras, I've been wearing them around, had a quick flatground sesh in them earlier, and I'm liking them a ton so far. Its like a lunaron dunk mid, they're insanely light without comprising cushioning. Probably more comfortable then dunks too. Looking forward to testing them out with a full days skating, but so far so good. I'm impressed with supra, in the past I wouldnt have considered skating them, but good mid top cupsoles are too few and far between, I'm glad I tested the waters.

Hey mate,

what are these supra's like in sizing compared to the dunk? being a dunk skater I am very interested in the supra sizings.

thanks!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:22:35 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
bomb ur mutha f**kn city!!