Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4570756 times)

chihuahuadad2000 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

animalflesh

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #29820 on: September 23, 2019, 01:32:06 PM »
Pretty wild looking but my sweaty ass feet are happy

Do they feel any different than regular bruins skate wise?

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #29821 on: September 23, 2019, 01:46:31 PM »
Blazer SB Mids came in the post today..

Been skating my cruiser a lot lately, we just got a new pump track down the street and I've been slappy'n the shit out of it.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #29822 on: September 24, 2019, 02:31:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Had to pick up the new Rowley Rapiweld shoe in asphalt/black.
[close]
Really interested on these, but wondering about the mesh parts...
What kind of mesh is it? Is it a durable/ballistic mesh or just normal mesh aka will blow with a couple of heelflips?

It feels like ballistic mesh. There’s nothing backing the mesh but it’s pretty tightly sewed and “welded” in. Pretty sure it’ll be durable and breathable like the AVE rapiweld shoe.

I’m gonna skate in them next so after a few wears I can see how the wear and tear is.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #29823 on: September 24, 2019, 02:52:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
What kind of mesh is it? Is it a durable/ballistic mesh or just normal mesh aka will blow with a couple of heelflips?
[close]

It feels like ballistic mesh. There’s nothing backing the mesh but it’s pretty tightly sewed and “welded” in. Pretty sure it’ll be durable and breathable like the AVE rapiweld shoe.

I’m gonna skate in them next so after a few wears I can see how the wear and tear is.
Ok thanks Tate, make sure to do some heels, varial heels to see how it holds. Have fun on board.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1956
« Reply #29824 on: September 24, 2019, 06:26:58 AM »
remember when we were putting our feet on our desks? that was cool

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #29825 on: September 24, 2019, 06:53:48 AM »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #29826 on: September 24, 2019, 07:34:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Got the new Aves in the mail. They feel light but really sturdy al I've been doing is walking but, I feel like skating them because of how secure my foot feels.
[close]

I got a pair as well and they’re definitely super sturdy - way more than they look like they should be. But how’s the breaking in process going for you two? I haven’t skated mine yet but I’m on my second day of wearing them to work and walking around to soften them up and they’re not particularly super comfortable. The balls of my feet are sore but I feel it throughout the bottoms of my feet too.

Also expected them to be more breathable, but that might be because I’m in an office building with no wind, etc. They might be cooler in the real world.

I’m excited to get to skate them as so many people seemed to love them on the board but I’m not yet convinced they were worth it at this point to be honest.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:17:01 AM by oyolar »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1134
« Reply #29827 on: September 24, 2019, 08:10:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got the new Aves in the mail. They feel light but really sturdy al I've been doing is walking but, I feel like skating them because of how secure my foot feels.
[close]
[close]

I got a pair as well and they’re definitely super sturdy - way more than they look like they should be. But how’s the breaking in process going for you two? I haven’t skated mine yet but I’m on my second day of wearing them to work and walking around to soften them up and they’re not particularly super comfortable. The balls of my feet are sore but I feel it throughout the bottoms of my feet too.

Also expected them to be more breathable, but that might be because I’m in an office building with no wind, etc. They might be cooler in the real world.

I’m excited to eat to skate them as so many people seemed to love them on the bird but I’m not yet convinced they were worth it at this point to be honest.

Felt too light/not enough structure padding for me. Tried the Berles on, and those are really firm, might give hem a go.

Arto Saari

• Rep: 33
  • hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #29828 on: September 24, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »

Wino G6 mid. Stiff and clunky as sin

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #29829 on: September 24, 2019, 12:35:57 PM »
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #29830 on: September 24, 2019, 02:08:51 PM »
anyone skate a pair of these Hopps x Cons?  true to size?  Or do they follow the general Cons sizing of a full size down than your usual shoe size?  i.e. I wear an 11... do I get a 10?

Skating a pair now, they are true to size. Great shoe but do get a little bit through the session. Theories has them on their site, looks to be every size.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 592
« Reply #29831 on: September 24, 2019, 11:02:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I’m excited to eat to skate them as so many people seemed to love them on the bird but I’m not yet convinced they were worth it at this point to be honest.
[close]

Felt too light/not enough structure padding for me. Tried the Berles on, and those are really firm, might give hem a go.

Interesting points. I got the Bereles and have worn them a bit more than the AVEs. That being said the AVE got more compliments. I did like that the Berele felt so low and stable but, it does feel like it's missing an insole. As someone who looks for arch support both don't do a very good job at that. I haven't really moved much in either but, am wearing them for walking/office stuff for now while I skate through my current shoe.

If I had the chance I would have added the mesh stripe that the TNT has to the Berele and added more padding to the arch. Other than that they both have felt quite fine.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #29832 on: September 24, 2019, 11:38:50 PM »
remember when we were putting our feet on our desks? that was cool

Those are gorgeous!!! I might try and get those purple ones!!!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #29833 on: September 25, 2019, 01:35:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Ok thanks Tate, make sure to do some heels, varial heels to see how it holds. Have fun on board.

Skated in them today for about 3 hours or so. Did some heels, nollie and switch and so far it’s just the suede coming into contact with the grip. No signs of wear in the middle mesh where the vans stripe is, except the rubber foxing stripe in the toe when I Kickflip. Bits of rubber are coming off as expected.

Eager to see after I skate in them in fo while if the mesh on the toe will rip quick. I’ll find out eventually but it seems the welded part of the shoe will do its part.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Skoldbergscones

• Rep: 3
« Reply #29834 on: September 25, 2019, 08:13:37 AM »
Spanky G6 w some upgraded laces

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #29835 on: September 25, 2019, 09:35:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Skated in them today for about 3 hours or so. Did some heels, nollie and switch and so far it’s just the suede coming into contact with the grip. No signs of wear in the middle mesh where the vans stripe is, except the rubber foxing stripe in the toe when I Kickflip. Bits of rubber are coming off as expected.

Eager to see after I skate in them in fo while if the mesh on the toe will rip quick. I’ll find out eventually but it seems the welded part of the shoe will do its part.
i ripped that mesh between the toe and the stripe pretty quickly but the sock liner thing under it seems to be holding up pretty well

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #29836 on: September 25, 2019, 11:34:10 AM »
Nice I want the black pair. How do you like? True to size? Same as vans about?

Skoldbergscones

• Rep: 3
« Reply #29837 on: September 25, 2019, 12:56:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nice I want the black pair. How do you like? True to size? Same as vans about?

Yes, true to size. I'd say the weight and structure of the upper is comparable to the Vans Authentic but with the beefed up structure of the G6 cup sole. Really dig them.

Freight Train

« Reply #29838 on: September 25, 2019, 04:02:00 PM »
Adidas Suciu 1 in Crystal White suede. Love this shoe, was bummed they came out with a second version so quickly. The sticky insole requires some foot wiggling to get em in the shoe but once you're in there you are comfy. The adiprene is sort of bouncy... Is the insole better on the Suciu 2?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29839 on: September 25, 2019, 07:58:42 PM »
I think the Suciu 2 is basically the same shoe, just minor reinforcements so that it doesn’t loosen and bag out as much he said.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #29840 on: September 26, 2019, 02:37:05 PM »
Adidas Suciu 1 in Crystal White suede. Love this shoe, was bummed they came out with a second version so quickly. The sticky insole requires some foot wiggling to get em in the shoe but once you're in there you are comfy. The adiprene is sort of bouncy... Is the insole better on the Suciu 2?

I wish they kept the recessed lace idea in the 2nd shoe

Lashes2ashes

• Rep: 7
« Reply #29841 on: September 26, 2019, 08:35:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I’m excited to get to skate them as so many people seemed to love them on the board but I’m not yet convinced they were worth it at this point to be honest.
I found the break in on mine was pretty painful, a lot of people say they don’t need to break in at all so it might be me. After about ten minutes of skating them the bottom of my feet hurt pretty bad. After about four or five days it stopped and now they are my favorite skate shoes of all time.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #29842 on: September 27, 2019, 07:04:53 AM »
About 5 hours in to skating the AVEs, I'd say true to size. Not painful at all for me, and there is barely signs of wear on the rubber around the kickflip area. For someone like me who hated Vans' Ultracush insole, I'd recommend them as a great alternative; they're kinda like a Vans' version of the Project BA. While the BAs had a foam midsole, these have the feel of dr. scholls gel in midsole, which you can touch if you lift up the insole. They are light and sturdy, with superior grip, but ultimately time (and most importantly sales) will tell whether or not they hold up.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #29843 on: September 27, 2019, 07:20:12 AM »
I’ve skated my aces for maybe 5 or 6 hours since I had them. And there’s no wear on the suede  except the rubber sole first trick in a piece like tore or crumbled off but that part will end up smooth from kick flips anyway so no big. I’ve not had pain from them and I’m hoping with more wear they will feel even better but right now I love them. I feel like tricks are happening with less effort maybe it’s in my head but I’m crediting the shoes. Find them with a discount and it’s worth it

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29844 on: September 27, 2019, 08:41:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
I found the break in on mine was pretty painful, a lot of people say they don’t need to break in at all so it might be me. After about ten minutes of skating them the bottom of my feet hurt pretty bad. After about four or five days it stopped and now they are my favorite skate shoes of all time.

Awesome cool - so at least it’s us two haha.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I’m feeling even more stoked to skate them now.  Giving my Sheffield XLKs a last go this weekend and then starting on the AVEs.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #29845 on: September 27, 2019, 02:37:33 PM »
Gilbert Crockett has been skating all white Crockett 2 hi samples on his insta and they look beautiful
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #29846 on: September 27, 2019, 10:00:13 PM »
Embracing this late 90's fresh revival atm
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #29847 on: September 28, 2019, 06:46:43 AM »
Gilbert Crockett has been skating all white Crockett 2 hi samples on his insta and they look beautiful

Pyramidstudded on instagram has the photos of 'em. They look nice.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #29848 on: September 28, 2019, 12:20:18 PM »

Vans Slip On Pros. Almost done. Few sessions left and the sole is done. I really like them. Flimsy vulcs for sure but sometimes that's just what you need. The waffle sole is so good. Doesn't last very long though but such is life.

Freight Train

« Reply #29849 on: September 28, 2019, 04:57:59 PM »

Are the Orange Label Dunk Mids the same amount of padding as the original Mids? Same insole with cushion in the forefoot?