Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4539259 times)

Bill Salt

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34200 on: April 04, 2023, 04:54:14 AM »
Been skating halfcabs for decades.I am now skating Blazzers that are to me the best shoe in term of cup sole and sole resistance.

notinternetfamous

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #34201 on: April 04, 2023, 08:11:06 AM »
Been skating halfcabs for decades.I am now skating Blazzers that are to me the best shoe in term of cup sole and sole resistance.
Blazers are a vulc shoe, not a cup. I agree that the tread on the Nikes last longer than Vans

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34202 on: April 04, 2023, 08:22:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

808’s to start the week.
[close]

Damn those 808s look nice!
Tts?

Those rockwoods also looking good
[close]

IMO yes TTS on the 808.
[close]

Thank you
I have 808 both on my regular size and +0.5, I feel them better +.5
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #34203 on: April 04, 2023, 01:44:49 PM »

Croc leather last resort vm001. Just starting to finally break in after 3 weeks of blisters. Going from these to Tiagos at the end of the day is like putting my feet in a warm bubble bath. They actually have a really nice flick though and they look good with office clothes.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #34204 on: April 04, 2023, 06:02:43 PM »

nothing's been the since same

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #34205 on: April 04, 2023, 07:17:03 PM »
I know what he is saying w the sole though, I was legit mad when I got these Shanes as chillers and the tread lasted forever compared to a pair of vans. I wore them shanes for 2 years straight to work and the sole was just now getting fucked compared to vans that would have blown 3x
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #34206 on: April 05, 2023, 02:17:35 PM »
Blazers and Bruins <3

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #34207 on: April 05, 2023, 02:39:57 PM »

Similar, but the opposite. I'd been running the Rowans for the past 3 years, only shoe I rode. I wanted to switch it up and got some GT's. I'd never thought about how my foot feels in a shoe before putting those on. I tried new insoles, let em break in, but the arch does not match my foot.

I'm kinda bummed cause they look great and the material is wonderful, but couldn't get the fit to work....
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

fistful0dynamite

« Reply #34208 on: April 05, 2023, 03:54:47 PM »

back with the sale dunks, never skated the dunk high before but I’m loving it

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34209 on: April 05, 2023, 07:43:51 PM »

I actually fuck with those pawnshop dunks heavy, i was suprised they sat.

I was on my feet all day so i kicked off the 993s for the crocs. might hit sport mode when i take out the recyling.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #34210 on: April 06, 2023, 04:22:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Love the new WC3s, can't believe I struck out everywhere on those, but somehow magically hit on the SB 4s even tho those have much lower stock than the 3s.

But suuuper hyped on these, they've been glued to my feet since I hit on Orchards raffle earlier this week  ;D

Jordan 4 SBs are so damn comfy.  They need to adopt the cushioning/alterations they did for it in the Jordan line

eSK3

« Reply #34211 on: April 07, 2023, 07:14:57 AM »

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #34212 on: April 07, 2023, 11:57:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I actually fuck with those pawnshop dunks heavy, i was suprised they sat.

I was on my feet all day so i kicked off the 993s for the crocs. might hit sport mode when i take out the recyling.

I will never understand how people wear crocs not in sport mode. If it works for you great, but they just flop off too much for me and I don't have time to deal with that.

eSK3

« Reply #34213 on: April 07, 2023, 12:00:46 PM »
I wouldn’t save anyone’s life that I see wearing crocs. Even my own mother. The absolute tackiest looking footwear ever.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34214 on: April 07, 2023, 06:48:52 PM »

Lets hope moms doesnt see your croc post lmfao.

These better?

eSK3

« Reply #34215 on: April 08, 2023, 05:59:29 AM »

Lets hope moms doesnt see your croc post lmfao.

These better?

LOLOL moms knows better 😤🤣
Kalis Lynx def look so sick. 🫡

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34216 on: April 08, 2023, 11:36:26 AM »
If they dont do more colours of the kalynx they fucked up. They should remake all the good JK1 colourways, id buy every pair.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 826
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #34217 on: April 08, 2023, 12:21:56 PM »
If they dont do more colours of the kalynx they fucked up. They should remake all the good JK1 colourways, id buy every pair.
Not the same by any means but there is a Kalis on lynx zero sole coming out soon in a couple of colors. They are also a part of the regular skate line so hope that means more color options to follow.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 02:52:14 PM by MOE SYZLAK »

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34218 on: April 08, 2023, 02:50:09 PM »

Was a half cab wearer who decided to size up. The homie kicked me down a pair of 11 blazers. For 3 weeks i have Been wearing these for skating, for walking, as an all around shoe which is something i havent done since i was a kid. Im sold on the quality and comfort. Half cabs would have been flopping piles of shit. Hips and back dont hurt lately!
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34219 on: April 08, 2023, 03:22:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not the same by any means but there is a Kalis on lynx zero sole coming out soon in a couple of colors. They are also a part of the regular skate line so hope that means more color options to follow.

Im into that, ive slowly been warming up to the lynx zero. i think it was the jahmir brown colourway that won me over.

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #34220 on: April 09, 2023, 06:43:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Im into that, ive slowly been warming up to the lynx zero. i think it was the jahmir brown colourway that won me over.

I like that they did the only Kalynx on a Noc collab. But agree they should pump out the classic og models and colorways every other season or something.

Still not a fan of the zero but Jahs colorway of it has been the only good one so far, so if they want more people hyped on that model they should let their riders pick the colors more often. So maybe the Kalis mash ups will be cool.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #34221 on: April 09, 2023, 02:08:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I like that they did the only Kalynx on a Noc collab. But agree they should pump out the classic og models and colorways every other season or something.

Still not a fan of the zero but Jahs colorway of it has been the only good one so far, so if they want more people hyped on that model they should let their riders pick the colors more often. So maybe the Kalis mash ups will be cool.

anybody have pics of the kalis on lynx zero sole?

Pretty interested in the lynx zeros lately since cupsole DCs always lasted for a long time and i can usually get them on sale!

Whats everybody's (not literally everybody's) beef is with the lynx zeros?
Just not being the original thing?

Pastasash

« Reply #34222 on: April 10, 2023, 06:32:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Pretty interested in the lynx zeros lately since cupsole DCs always lasted for a long time and i can usually get them on sale!

I see the zero as a "diet" version, like I will always prefer coke over diet coke, but I get why they made it so im not mad at it, it's just not for me.

Especially cus one of the reasons why I like the OG is because it offers a lot of protection so I appreciate the bulky midsole and air unit in the heel that the zero doesn't have.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #34223 on: April 10, 2023, 07:03:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I see the zero as a "diet" version, like I will always prefer coke over diet coke, but I get why they made it so im not mad at it, it's just not for me.

Especially cus one of the reasons why I like the OG is because it offers a lot of protection so I appreciate the bulky midsole and air unit in the heel that the zero doesn't have.

Lynx Zero is Diet Coke, then what’s Coke Zero?!?!

Pastasash

« Reply #34224 on: April 10, 2023, 09:16:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lynx Zero is Diet Coke, then what’s Coke Zero?!?!

The abomination that is the Lynx Vulc....

https://www.dcshoes.com/lynx-vulc-low-top-shoes-ADYS300235.html

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #34225 on: April 10, 2023, 10:14:43 AM »
Jesus Christ those are fucking hideous. same with the kalis vulc. when will they learn that nobody wants vulc versions of classic capsules? the panelling and overall designs were originally designed with being a cupsole in mind, so what makes them think just slapping them on a vulc sole would look good???

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34226 on: April 10, 2023, 04:44:04 PM »
Im not a fan of vulc shoes. The lynx vulc was such a fail imo, not what the people wanted whatsoever. The Kalis vulc isnt for me either but apparently they skate really good if youre into vulc shoes.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #34227 on: April 10, 2023, 07:11:04 PM »
Jesus Christ those are fucking hideous. same with the kalis vulc. when will they learn that nobody wants vulc versions of classic capsules? the panelling and overall designs were originally designed with being a cupsole in mind, so what makes them think just slapping them on a vulc sole would look good???
Kalis Vulc are actually one of the better looking vulcs currently out. Given how bland current vulc models are  outside of Blazers and Vans. I see so many people skating them, personally.
Super Champion Fun Zone

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #34228 on: April 11, 2023, 07:07:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

ha totally get it. i had those lynx slims (or whatever they were called) like 10 years back and those skated so so good and lasted, so i might just try the zeros too.

i still feel like they did quite an alright take on the original with the downsizing of puffiness they did on the lynx zero

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #34229 on: April 11, 2023, 09:46:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Kalis Vulc are actually one of the better looking vulcs currently out. Given how bland current vulc models are  outside of Blazers and Vans. I see so many people skating them, personally.

as far as "tech" vulcs go, i think the best aesthetically were the es square ones or reynolds 3s. never skated either because i'm too young. compared to those, kalis vulcs look ugly as fuck. i feel like a super tech upper designed for a super tech cupsole, like the kalis', look so goofy on a vulc sole. there's a reason why bland vulcs are so popular, it's because they look clean as fuck and look good with most outfits