Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4577314 times)

fistful0dynamite

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34260 on: April 20, 2023, 09:44:11 AM »

The leather is extra stiff on these. Hoping they break in soon
Damn really? I swear mine broke in faster than when I skate suede dunks

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #34261 on: April 20, 2023, 04:25:40 PM »

era pro hi's, I wore these on my wedding

Authentic**

Loved these, skated two pair and have one just for wearin'
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

MFS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65425
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34262 on: April 21, 2023, 07:56:33 PM »

these KB Lynxs seem like they are extra puffy in comparison to all my other lynxs. Love the cream, black and orange. Reminds me of the Wenning Lynx.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
« Reply #34263 on: April 21, 2023, 09:20:37 PM »

these KB Lynxs seem like they are extra puffy in comparison to all my other lynxs. Love the cream, black and orange. Reminds me of the Wenning Lynx.

What’s the difference between these and the lynx zero. I always see the 0s on sale, but never pull the trigger

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #34264 on: April 21, 2023, 11:19:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What’s the difference between these and the lynx zero. I always see the 0s on sale, but never pull the trigger

Lynx Zero feels like a diet Lynx. It has a thinner sole, thinner upper, less padding throughout, the suede & leather/nubuck feels cheaper than the OG Lynx. Lynx Zero feels a bit boxy compared to how soft, but firm & form fitting the OG is. The sole is thicker feeling on the OG and the runner toe is legit compared to the pseudo runner toe on the Zero.

I had both and eventually got rid of both, but I'll let the other pal speak on their experience.
Super Champion Fun Zone

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65425
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34265 on: April 22, 2023, 08:27:22 PM »
Darkpools said it pretty good, the zero is just a diet version, thinner sole and the runner toe is barely a runner toe on the zero.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1011
  • the moon rules
« Reply #34266 on: April 22, 2023, 10:31:54 PM »
Expand Quote

The leather is extra stiff on these. Hoping they break in soon
[close]
Damn really? I swear mine broke in faster than when I skate suede dunks
They broke in after a few days but they felt like boots before they did. The leather is super soft now. I hate that I like skating in dunks because the sizing can vary and you can't always try them on. These ones fit good btw
fuck you bama

Pastasash

• Rep: 86
« Reply #34267 on: April 23, 2023, 06:59:57 AM »
Lolz exactly what I said about the lynx zero in the last page, just looking at them both you can tell its a stripped down version. I’ve never skated a pair tho, just several OGs but that puffyness, durable materials on the upper, and thick midsole with the impact support in the heel makes it such a great indestructible shoe, while the zeros look like they could only last half the life of a OG.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #34268 on: April 24, 2023, 07:03:42 AM »
while the zeros look like they could only last half the life of a OG.

This is what my zeros look like after about 3 months and approx. 100-120 hours of skating. Shoegoo'd the stitching once and switched out the laces of my flicking foot twice, nothing more. They're still going strong. I agree that the OG is an indestructible tank, but the Zero holds up pretty damn well too. It's also pretty easy to get them on sale, so you get a whole lotta bang for your buck. I really like them a lot.

Pastasash

« Reply #34269 on: April 24, 2023, 08:52:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is what my zeros look like after about 3 months and approx. 100-120 hours of skating. Shoegoo'd the stitching once and switched out the laces of my flicking foot twice, nothing more. They're still going strong. I agree that the OG is an indestructible tank, but the Zero holds up pretty damn well too. It's also pretty easy to get them on sale, so you get a whole lotta bang for your buck. I really like them a lot.

Yeah like I said, never skated the zero, but they do look like they would skate well and hold up decently too, especially for the price. I also just prefer the OG from a aesthetic pov too.

Here's my pair that I just retired after skating them on and off the past 2-3 years. Could've gotten more out of them if I shoe goo'd but I have 3 other shoes, including the Venture lynx, waiting to be skated and soles are too worn down on these to put my feet thru more pain.

eSK3

« Reply #34270 on: April 24, 2023, 10:15:56 AM »
Y’all make me feel blessed I don’t need to wait till my shoes look raggedy to replace them.

Pastasash

« Reply #34271 on: April 24, 2023, 12:53:00 PM »
Haha I don't need to wait to replace my shoes, I have trunk full of skated shoes. But for some reason I can't trash a shoe until its fully/close to fully beat down.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: 0
« Reply #34272 on: April 24, 2023, 01:41:25 PM »
Haha I don't need to wait to replace my shoes, I have trunk full of skated shoes. But for some reason I can't trash a shoe until its fully/close to fully beat down.

I do this too, I think it comes from being broke as a kid and skating my shoes to dirt. It feels wasteful to throw them out, but now that I'm old, my body can't handle skating really worn down soles, so I just hang onto these shits for no reason.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
« Reply #34273 on: April 24, 2023, 09:27:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can only patch the same hole so many time before I just say fuck it.
I do this too, I think it comes from being broke as a kid and skating my shoes to dirt. It feels wasteful to throw them out, but now that I'm old, my body can't handle skating really worn down soles, so I just hang onto these shits for no reason.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #34274 on: April 24, 2023, 10:55:13 PM »

Some nike sb Shane o’Neill from a while ago. Pollen and pink blast color way.  They were good. Skated well

nothing's been the since same

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #34275 on: April 25, 2023, 12:59:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah like I said, never skated the zero, but they do look like they would skate well and hold up decently too, especially for the price. I also just prefer the OG from a aesthetic pov too.

Here's my pair that I just retired after skating them on and off the past 2-3 years. Could've gotten more out of them if I shoe goo'd but I have 3 other shoes, including the Venture lynx, waiting to be skated and soles are too worn down on these to put my feet thru more pain.

Nice work on those! I wasn't trying to challenge your statement, just trying to provide some more detailed info on the Zero for people who might be interested in them or are looking for an inexpensive shoe that lasts.

Y’all make me feel blessed I don’t need to wait till my shoes look raggedy to replace them.

It's got nothing to do with need, I simply like to make things last. It also takes me a bit to wear in cupsoles, so I prefer to milk them for everything they've got before I start the process over again. If that comes at the price of looking raggedy, I can live with that. At least all the kooks will know I still shred ;) .
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 01:11:31 AM by scab »

eSK3

« Reply #34276 on: April 25, 2023, 08:16:23 AM »

Right before I shave all the pony hair from the toebox and eyelets.

Pastasash

« Reply #34277 on: April 25, 2023, 12:17:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice work on those! I wasn't trying to challenge your statement, just trying to provide some more detailed info on the Zero for people who might be interested in them or are looking for an inexpensive shoe that lasts.

Expand Quote
[close]

It's got nothing to do with need, I simply like to make things last. It also takes me a bit to wear in cupsoles, so I prefer to milk them for everything they've got before I start the process over again. If that comes at the price of looking raggedy, I can live with that. At least all the kooks will know I still shred ;) .

Oh yeah, same here man! Didn't mean for it to come across as a head to head challenge or something lol, just wanted to show how a OG pair wears away too since you posted your zero's and I had actually just finished skating that pair.

Cool to show this thread the visual differences too since the OG vs Zero comparisons have been a topic for the past couple pages on here haha. You put in some nice work on your pair too! And I like skating them till they get all ripped and holes popping up, feels like you're getting your moneys worth/not letting the shoe go to waste.

I also love practicing my flatground when shoes get down to this stage cus the flick is so flush haha.

coexist3

• Rep: 61
« Reply #34278 on: April 25, 2023, 05:46:03 PM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #34279 on: April 25, 2023, 08:10:15 PM »
Not a huge NB head, but I like those.  What model?

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #34280 on: April 25, 2023, 08:31:04 PM »

#868, a tank of a shoe, unfortunately no longer available. Still looking for a pair of the bronze collab

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #34281 on: April 25, 2023, 11:53:55 PM »
still hope they will rerelease the 868 from time to time. had a pair a tad too small, but i wanted it so bad. great shoes.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #34282 on: April 26, 2023, 07:33:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

#868, a tank of a shoe, unfortunately no longer available. Still looking for a pair of the bronze collab

Ohhh right, I was getting a little Project BA vibes with the toe piece, but it was nice an symmetrical on this shoe whereas I though the BAs was a uneven and wonky for my tastes

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #34283 on: April 28, 2023, 09:45:14 AM »

Just got my fourth pair
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

manysnakes

« Reply #34284 on: April 28, 2023, 09:51:14 AM »

Just got my fourth pair

I kept one of the two pairs I had listed and now I love them and regret that I ever sold a pair to you. I learned that you really do have to let them break in, but then they're basically the best skate shoe I thing has probably ever been made.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #34285 on: April 28, 2023, 09:53:26 AM »
Expand Quote

Just got my fourth pair
[close]

I kept one of the two pairs I had listed and now I love them and regret that I ever sold a pair to you. I learned that you really do have to let them break in, but then they're basically the best skate shoe I thing has probably ever been made.

haha man i regret NOT getting two off of you! thanks man!

Did you notice that the ones that are suede and mesh tend to be not as sturdy as the ones that are a mix of leather and suede? Overall an amazing shoe.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

manysnakes

« Reply #34286 on: April 28, 2023, 10:09:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Just got my fourth pair
[close]

[close]

haha man i regret NOT getting two off of you! thanks man!

Did you notice that the ones that are suede and mesh tend to be not as sturdy as the ones that are a mix of leather and suede? Overall an amazing shoe.

I have not. I usually wear down the sole before anything else, and I am absolutely shameless about Shoe Goo'ing up any spots which rip or tear open on my shoes.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #34287 on: April 28, 2023, 11:58:50 AM »

Don't know how they skate yet since I'm still skating my pawnshop dunk highs. I've walked my friends dogs in them over the past few days. They're comfortable and flexy, the leather isn't super stiff, and the Chetty bumps aren't going to be an issue. I bet these would look even cooler if I could pull off jorts
fuck you bama

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #34288 on: April 28, 2023, 12:22:29 PM »

Don't know how they skate yet since I'm still skating my pawnshop dunk highs. I've walked my friends dogs in them over the past few days. They're comfortable and flexy, the leather isn't super stiff, and the Chetty bumps aren't going to be an issue. I bet these would look even cooler if I could pull off jorts

Cons cupsoles are TTS, right?

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #34289 on: April 28, 2023, 12:46:51 PM »
This is my first pair of Cons capsules since the KA-2, so idk. These are tts
fuck you bama