Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4555130 times)

lemonchicken91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34620 on: July 09, 2023, 06:22:06 PM »
how are the Estrellas? I actually liked the look of them as long as that side sole part isnt weird colored
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #34621 on: July 10, 2023, 10:37:49 AM »

Etnies Estrella

Does look good from the top down

is the fit narrow or wide?

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34622 on: July 10, 2023, 04:58:23 PM »
Expand Quote

Etnies Estrella
[close]

Does look good from the top down

is the fit narrow or wide?
I would say ther'ye kinda in the middle. Not too narrow or wide.
how are the Estrellas? I actually liked the look of them as long as that side sole part isnt weird colored
I like them. Walking around them now to break them in.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #34623 on: July 11, 2023, 08:41:03 AM »

First pair of lynx ever

LebowskisRug

« Reply #34624 on: July 11, 2023, 09:27:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Solid first session. 4th 808 in a row ❤️
[close]

How do 808s fit compared to say, 574s? I went a half size up in latter for work shoes and I want to get some actual Numerics now
[close]
Never skated 574 but 808 for me are TTS, I had them +.5 and they worked well too.
[close]

if you mind i chime in. TTS was waaay too narrow for me but lenght was managable. def try them on if you can. Most people in the NB containment thread were half size up as i remember.
sot saying the guy above me is wrong though. if you have wider/ medium wide feet tts could work but they felt rather narrow fpr me. i am TTS in dunk highs and fastbreaks if that helps.

574 fit is identical to 272- half size down, super wide forefoot.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #34625 on: July 11, 2023, 04:10:11 PM »

First pair of lynx ever

Haha nice mine came in the mail this afternoon. The orange socks are a nice touch!

Pretty sure these are the first DC's I've ever owned let alone Lynx. Definitely, the puffiest tongue shoe I've ever worn. They feel nice though. Just a little stiff and need minor breaking in.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #34626 on: July 11, 2023, 04:38:29 PM »
Expand Quote

First pair of lynx ever
[close]

Haha nice mine came in the mail this afternoon. The orange socks are a nice touch!

Pretty sure these are the first DC's I've ever owned let alone Lynx. Definitely, the puffiest tongue shoe I've ever worn. They feel nice though. Just a little stiff and need minor breaking in.

Mine are comfortable except there’s a seam right here where the tongue and toe cap meet that’s pushing right into my big toe as I walk. I’ve tried microwaving and bending, and laced them a couple of different ways which helped, but hasn’t gone away completely

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34627 on: July 11, 2023, 04:49:34 PM »
Yeah, almost every pair of cupsoles binds on my feet in that area. Tyshawns did it too until I broke em in.

Those look massive though! What are you like size 15? I dunno if it's just the angle/perspective but they make my size 12 look like size 9.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #34628 on: July 11, 2023, 05:02:08 PM »
Yeah, almost every pair of cupsoles binds on my feet in that area. Tyshawns did it too until I broke em in.

Those look massive though! What are you like size 15? I dunno if it's just the angle/perspective but they make my size 12 look like size 9.

lol Yeah size 13. They're pretty chunky, they actually wouldn't rotate in the microwave...

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #34629 on: July 11, 2023, 06:27:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

lol Yeah size 13. They're pretty chunky, they actually wouldn't rotate in the microwave...

take those bad boys to a costco and ask to toss them in with the rotisserie chicken for a bit

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #34630 on: July 11, 2023, 08:34:21 PM »
Haha, man oh man, the microwave pic! size 13 here as well, and just couldn't do those..no matter the price. Maybe it was the orange/navy ny knicks colorway or the large DC logo.. gonna stick with the fast breaks

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #34631 on: July 11, 2023, 09:26:39 PM »
Haha, man oh man, the microwave pic! size 13 here as well, and just couldn't do those..no matter the price. Maybe it was the orange/navy ny knicks colorway or the large DC logo.. gonna stick with the fast breaks

Honestly they’re so ugly that I love them. Takes me back to middle school

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34632 on: July 12, 2023, 12:43:04 AM »
Expand Quote

First pair of lynx ever
[close]

So jealous of that colorways, haven't been able to find it in here.
Ordered the black/gum ones but they seem to be stuck on the mail.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #34633 on: July 12, 2023, 05:31:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Honestly they’re so ugly that I love them. Takes me back to middle school

They’re ugly in such a good way. Like how brown corduroy pants are ugly. I was telling my gf the color way is so out of my wheelbox but it just works somehow.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #34634 on: July 12, 2023, 08:17:46 AM »

Joslins. A synthetic pair.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #34635 on: July 12, 2023, 04:27:44 PM »

Spanky g6 wino slip cups. Such a good shoe. Gum bottoms too. Would love the black whites

Cesspool86

• Rep: 60
« Reply #34636 on: July 12, 2023, 05:03:59 PM »

I want to try some of these. How's the collar and tongue padding?

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34637 on: July 12, 2023, 06:29:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

First pair of lynx ever
[close]

[close]
So jealous of that colorways, haven't been able to find it in here.
Ordered the black/gum ones but they seem to be stuck on the mail.

We might be the only ones who actually like this colour unironically or unapologetically. Though personally I'd prefer the black and gum they weren't the ones that were on sale for like 75% off. I guess they were fire selling off this colourway because it doesn't exist on the site anymore.

Microwave pic and Costco rotisserie chicken posts had me cracking up pretty hard though.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 316
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #34638 on: July 13, 2023, 08:24:07 AM »

Asics Japan Pro

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34639 on: July 13, 2023, 08:27:37 AM »

Asics Japan Pro
They look pretty damn good
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #34640 on: July 13, 2023, 09:48:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good. I've been skating only this shoe for a few years now, so I don't have much to compare it to. I would say the collar is very stiff compared to other shoes. But not in a bad way, it doesn't hurt at all. My feet feel very protected. The tongue padding is perfect, for me at least. Enough, but not puffy. And they have tongue straps, so it stays in place.

I dropped off this pile at the Goodwill recently. I wonder what they do with them? Too trashed to sell, I'm guessing. Are they even good enough for some bum's feet? Or do they just throw them away?

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #34641 on: July 13, 2023, 10:42:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Good. I've been skating only this shoe for a few years now, so I don't have much to compare it to. I would say the collar is very stiff compared to other shoes. But not in a bad way, it doesn't hurt at all. My feet feel very protected. The tongue padding is perfect, for me at least. Enough, but not puffy. And they have tongue straps, so it stays in place.

I dropped off this pile at the Goodwill recently. I wonder what they do with them? Too trashed to sell, I'm guessing. Are they even good enough for some bum's feet? Or do they just throw them away?

Used skate shoes/gear should always be left at the local skatepark, these don't look skated enough that they would throw them out, I've seen some pretty bad shape shoes that they still would put on the shelves there though. But best to have them go straight to the people that would really appreciate them/use them for their intended purpose :)

LebowskisRug

« Reply #34642 on: July 13, 2023, 11:26:26 AM »
I skated my Japan S today, same cream ones. They feel like a more flexible slightly thinner Jordan 1 or a slightly thicker, pointier 440. The insole is not very good and glued in, but they're really good out of the box.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34643 on: July 13, 2023, 11:35:28 AM »
Yeah I’ve heard absolutely nothing about the insoles or cushioning on the Asics thus far. I feel like they’re avoiding sharing details on them in all of the descriptions.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #34644 on: July 13, 2023, 12:43:41 PM »
I don't think they have tech names for it and that's why.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #34645 on: July 13, 2023, 02:45:26 PM »

mac attack

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 118
« Reply #34646 on: July 13, 2023, 04:51:35 PM »

mac attack

Nice.

Are you going to skate them, or just chillers?
Enjoy your life.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #34647 on: July 14, 2023, 04:32:55 AM »
Nice.

Are you going to skate them, or just chillers?

Yea probably just chill in em

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #34648 on: July 14, 2023, 05:59:45 AM »

KidCarl

« Reply #34649 on: July 14, 2023, 12:34:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

First pair of lynx ever
[close]

[close]

Mine are comfortable except there’s a seam right here where the tongue and toe cap meet that’s pushing right into my big toe as I walk. I’ve tried microwaving and bending, and laced them a couple of different ways which helped, but hasn’t gone away completely
I've had the same problem in my mantecas, but with my pinky toe. Only time helped. I had to wear them casually a bit, and sometimes with thick ass socks, but I don't notice it any more.