Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4576289 times)

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34680 on: July 27, 2023, 04:01:07 PM »
re: li ning - glad they are comfortable because they look like a fuckin blister

MFS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65425
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34681 on: July 27, 2023, 08:00:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Found the jahs on sale today, had to scoop.
[close]

I'm so pressed I saw these in my size on parade world for the low and was hesitant to cop cuz they're like that nubuck/synthetic nubuck material then a few weeks later I saw parade world was shutting down
[close]

Im actaully a fan of the materials. They broke in really nicely too and are the most comfotable pair of lynxs i have.
[close]

I'm still kicking myself for not copping dude. I got a pair of grey/red lynx ogs that I've been skating for almost 2 months and they skate so well but the sole is almost worn through so I'm getting the itch to get another. kinda regret skating these bc the grey/reds are damn near impossible to find in my size and for reasonable prices but whatever

The things id do for a constant supply of that shoe....

Im excited to get my feet in some Shanahans, glad someones bringing straps back lol

The Morrie

• Rep: 4
« Reply #34682 on: July 28, 2023, 02:42:42 AM »
God, those Li Nings sound like they feel incredible.

Great review, i've been eyeing them off since they've been around.
they're quite expensive to ship to Australia which is why i  havent pulled the pin

ssense has em on sale for reasonable price if anyone is keen.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #34683 on: July 30, 2023, 04:26:28 PM »
Deleted my post from yesterday, but the TLDR is that I wasn’t feeling the expensive Vans cupsoles that I bought.  So today I got two pairs of fake Chucks from H&M for $30 each, threw the Pop Cush insoles from the cups in one pair and some Dr. Scholl’s Sport insoles in the other.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #34684 on: July 31, 2023, 01:48:08 AM »
I still haven’t got a pair of these yet and I’m upset. What is the thoughts of the re-issue ones? 10 points for the skater/trick lol

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #34685 on: July 31, 2023, 01:51:04 AM »
The tooth brush was too much to pass up ha

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
« Reply #34686 on: July 31, 2023, 04:06:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Great review, i've been eyeing them off since they've been around.
they're quite expensive to ship to Australia which is why i  havent pulled the pin

ssense has em on sale for reasonable price if anyone is keen.
@tzhangdox yo thx for the review of the Li ning and The Morrie for reminding me where to get these
I just orded a pair through ssense , I paid $130 AUD shipped from Canada to Aus.

Might sound expensive but a pair of Tiagos are like $200 retail here

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #34687 on: July 31, 2023, 07:25:15 AM »
I still haven’t got a pair of these yet and I’m upset. What is the thoughts of the re-issue ones? 10 points for the skater/trick lol

Most comfortable shoes I own

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #34688 on: July 31, 2023, 07:26:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

are those axions?

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 829
« Reply #34689 on: July 31, 2023, 11:54:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

are those axions?

yes

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #34690 on: August 01, 2023, 07:22:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

are those axions?
[close]

yes

if that crazy sale they had last month is still going on I might have to cop. they look so good in that picture. or at least as good as they can for a photo shot on a potato

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #34691 on: August 01, 2023, 08:38:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

are those axions?
[close]

yes
[close]

if that crazy sale they had last month is still going on I might have to cop. they look so good in that picture. or at least as good as they can for a photo shot on a potato

I wanted to pull the trigger but I couldn't figure out the sizing. I know they run small and honestly the price was so cheap it would've been worth just taking a shot in the dark, but I just couldn't do it. Also, I think the shipping was nearly as high as the shoes.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #34692 on: August 01, 2023, 10:03:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

are those axions?
[close]

yes
[close]

[close]

I wanted to pull the trigger but I couldn't figure out the sizing. I know they run small and honestly the price was so cheap it would've been worth just taking a shot in the dark, but I just couldn't do it. Also, I think the shipping was nearly as high as the shoes.

Unless they changed significantly after I bought the launch pair, they were tts for me.   

SupremePizza

• Rep: 72
« Reply #34693 on: August 01, 2023, 10:54:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

are those axions?
[close]

yes
[close]

[close]

[close]

Unless they changed significantly after I bought the launch pair, they were tts for me.

I had the launch pair Genesis and should have went up at least 0.5 size. They were definitely narrow for me in my usual size.

sadBUTtrue

• Rep: 9
« Reply #34694 on: August 01, 2023, 11:24:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

are those axions?
[close]

yes
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I had the launch pair Genesis and should have went up at least 0.5 size. They were definitely narrow for me in my usual size.
I dropped in on the sale. Got an 11.5 (my TTS) and 12. Both fit, 11.5 a little snug but totally fine and 12 being perfect w/ a little room but barely. I'm going to skate the 11.5 first cuz they feel how I normally wear shoes. Copped the Blue/White/Gum Genesis, sucker for that trio of colors & Nvy/Gum like a Koston 1. 

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #34695 on: August 01, 2023, 11:32:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

are those axions?
[close]

yes
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I dropped in on the sale. Got an 11.5 (my TTS) and 12. Both fit, 11.5 a little snug but totally fine and 12 being perfect w/ a little room but barely. I'm going to skate the 11.5 first cuz they feel how I normally wear shoes. Copped the Blue/White/Gum Genesis, sucker for that trio of colors & Nvy/Gum like a Koston 1.

I wear a 13 in Nike/Vans and they don't do half sizes in the larger sizes, so it was order 13 and worry they'd be too small or go up to 14 (where options are pretty limited). Was safer to let those go by, though i really liked the looks of them.

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #34696 on: August 01, 2023, 03:32:32 PM »
Everyone knows it’s Gino from like 95-96?

Or y’all just messing with me 😂

Possible the best photo (TWS?)

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 128
« Reply #34697 on: August 05, 2023, 08:51:56 AM »
Volunteering at a charity event parking cars all morning shoes

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #34698 on: August 06, 2023, 01:06:30 PM »
Spring Summer cupsole shoe collection-

Fall Winter cupsoles-

Gnarred. That's a sick collection. Since you have a few pairs of the 1010. How is the sizing on them? True to size, half up or half down?
IG: @flowterspace

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34699 on: August 06, 2023, 02:07:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Spring Summer cupsole shoe collection-

Fall Winter cupsoles-

[close]

Gnarred. That's a sick collection. Since you have a few pairs of the 1010. How is the sizing on them? True to size, half up or half down?
I went TTS on mine
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 31
  • I think I'm dumb, or maybe just happy...
« Reply #34700 on: August 06, 2023, 02:10:18 PM »
I would say TTS. I like my shoes snug, I wear a 10-10.5 in almost everything and my 1010s are size 10

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #34701 on: August 06, 2023, 04:22:36 PM »
I've seen quite a few people need to go 0.5 up on 1010 & 808
Super Champion Fun Zone

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #34702 on: August 06, 2023, 09:10:08 PM »
I go half size down in 1010s

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #34703 on: August 07, 2023, 09:45:53 AM »
Kinda funny how everyone says different things about sizing ^^ But thanks ya all pals.
IG: @flowterspace

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #34704 on: August 07, 2023, 09:52:25 AM »
Kinda funny how everyone says different things about sizing ^^ But thanks ya all pals.

I wear size 13 in Nikes and Vans. Size 13 808s were way too small on my feet, had to return them. 1010s felt better but still snug. Can't believe anyone would recommend sizing down.

pops

• Rep: 263
« Reply #34705 on: August 08, 2023, 10:25:05 AM »
First pair of Joslins and this happened after 20min walk. Is this bad?

KidCarl

• Rep: 28
« Reply #34706 on: August 08, 2023, 10:27:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Everytime I hear Li Ning this comes to mind:

Lil dude does makes kicks so maybe there's something there

KidCarl

• Rep: 28
« Reply #34707 on: August 08, 2023, 10:32:07 AM »

I've seen that on a few cupsoles out of the box, just used a little glue and had no issues. Hell I've even got Jordans with this and my only problem is that I'm a perfecectionist when it comes to aesthetics so even the smallest glue stain drives me nuts.

pops

• Rep: 263
« Reply #34708 on: August 08, 2023, 11:21:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I've seen that on a few cupsoles out of the box, just used a little glue and had no issues. Hell I've even got Jordans with this and my only problem is that I'm a perfecectionist when it comes to aesthetics so even the smallest glue stain drives me nuts.

Thanks. I'll do that. Stuff like this freaks me out every time especially with barely used shoes.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #34709 on: August 08, 2023, 03:10:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Thanks. I'll do that. Stuff like this freaks me out every time especially with barely used shoes.

I've had that happen with numerous stitched cupsoles over the years: Nike, etnies, es, lakai, etc. Most of the time, it's not an issue. Just snip the excess or glue it down and you're chillin!

The only time it's an issue is when it's on the toe area. When wearing the outsole  down, sometimes the threading rips and it comes loose internally. You can sometimes feel it on the inside with your toes. I've had to snip/shoe goo/glue threading down ans continue skating the shoes to make them last until I could skate new ones.

TL;DR - no issue since it's on the heel and it shouldn't affect the quality/performance of the shoe!
Super Champion Fun Zone