Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524858 times)

flocke and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31770 on: November 15, 2020, 05:02:43 AM »
Flick is great, and I agree they skate great. My size 12 is for sale in the classifieds though, too snug for my foot (I’m a 13)

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #31771 on: November 15, 2020, 05:15:09 PM »
Been skating AJ1 lows and love them. Big fan of skating leather shoes for their durability, and these have a quality leather that has lasted longer than some SB's I've tried. They've really kept their shape and the outsole hasn't noticeably lost grip despite the tread wearing down.

I noticed when I first put them on that they have a harder sole (this was surprising, I was expecting them to feel like dunks), but it worked for me. I usually hate skating new shoes but I remember having a great first session in them, the stiff cupsole felt really good. I might be team cup forever now.

The tongue isn't too puffy but has cushioning, laces are high above the sidewall and safe from danger... I have zero complaints. Bout once a week would brush some gorilla glue on the stitching around the toe to avoid blowouts (Wavy Phil tip). Pretty slim in the toe so maybe not the best fit for a wide foot. Feel a lot like a pair of eS accel slims I skated around 2012, which I really liked as well.

Got a new pair of all black mids coming with what seems to be a different type of finish on the leather, excited to see how they hold up.

Been on the fence about getting a pair to skate but this might put me over the top for purchasing. How long had you skated this pair when the pic was taken?

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #31772 on: November 15, 2020, 07:03:54 PM »

Been on the fence about getting a pair to skate but this might put me over the top for purchasing. How long had you skated this pair when the pic was taken?

I started skating this pair maybe 6 weeks ago, but mind you with my work hours and location I am a weekend warrior. I probably skate once or twice during the week after work, then get two long sessions in on the weekend.

I think with skating hard every day they wouldn't last as long as these have lasted me, but I would still say you'd probably notice more durability than a suede or even leather nike sb.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #31773 on: November 15, 2020, 08:42:42 PM »

just retired these.  I got a solid month and a half out of them, and probably could have gotten a lot more, but I have a stockpile of shoes I need to get through and I'm trying to learn to let them go before they're totally blown out.  First few sessions were a bit stiff, but once they broke in, they were amazing.  Was surprised how well the canvas held up.  Some of the stitching in the main wear areas blew out pretty quick, so I'd recommend hitting that with a small layer of superglue, but other than that, they were top notch.  9/10
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

nevrwasben

« Reply #31774 on: November 15, 2020, 08:46:34 PM »

Dunk High Decon Doc Martin
I’m not a dunk guy (I like em on other people’s feet tho)
And even more so not a dunk high guy
And especially not a black/dark outsole guy (I like em on other people’s feet tho)
Holy shit these are hot as fuck

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #31775 on: November 16, 2020, 06:18:07 AM »

Latest chiller pick up. I’ve been waiting for these to retro for a while.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31776 on: November 16, 2020, 08:27:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I’m not a dunk guy (I like em on other people’s feet tho)
And even more so not a dunk high guy
And especially not a black/dark outsole guy (I like em on other people’s feet tho)
Holy shit these are hot as fuck
Thanks. These are slimmer than the usual high top Dunks so they fit under pant legs nicely.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #31777 on: November 16, 2020, 08:33:07 AM »

I love skating classic half cabs. They're the best.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #31778 on: November 16, 2020, 10:15:53 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

I started skating this pair maybe 6 weeks ago, but mind you with my work hours and location I am a weekend warrior. I probably skate once or twice during the week after work, then get two long sessions in on the weekend.

I think with skating hard every day they wouldn't last as long as these have lasted me, but I would still say you'd probably notice more durability than a suede or even leather nike sb.

Thanks for the info! Gonna have to try some out. Figure they'll last me a while as I'm not super hard on shoes for whatever reason.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #31779 on: November 17, 2020, 06:50:28 PM »
Pulled these out earlier today  8)

Going to skate in my navy Lynx in a little bit for an evening session! Been trying to rotate back to puffier shoes this year for shits and giggles (plus protect tha feet lol) and it's not as gnarly as I thought it might be. Pretty manageable!
Super Champion Fun Zone

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #31780 on: November 18, 2020, 09:33:00 AM »

Bummed I didn't pick up these to skate in. The deconstructed dunks are so much better. I bought the Soulland ones to chill in and can't being myself to skate in them as I will never find a pair again. Hopefully they will release more deconstructed ones sometime soon.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31781 on: November 18, 2020, 05:07:12 PM »
I hear you, but one thing that I’ve come to realize is one day you’re going to look at the heel. It’s going to be walked off and angled. You’ll think to yourself “man I could have skated these...”

Acky Jacky

« Reply #31782 on: November 19, 2020, 05:53:48 AM »

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #31783 on: November 19, 2020, 08:39:35 AM »
nice i see Ginkgo biloba, Platanus acerifolia, Liquidambar styraciflua, some species of Quercus, possiby Populus tremula? idk but i think you're in europe

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #31784 on: November 19, 2020, 09:02:27 AM »
nice i see Ginkgo biloba, Platanus acerifolia, Liquidambar styraciflua, some species of Quercus, possiby Populus tremula? idk but i think you're in europe

i have no idea if these are actual trees, but even if you made up those names, i'd be impressed nontheless

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #31785 on: November 19, 2020, 09:57:32 AM »
I can't find fair priced AJ1s anywhere these days, would be stoked to skate a pair but not for $150+

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31786 on: November 19, 2020, 10:15:32 AM »
I can't find fair priced AJ1s anywhere these days, would be stoked to skate a pair but not for $150+
low mids or highs?  I just sold a pair fo lows in the classifieds for $65.
Mids are the least sought after, retail $125. Leather pairs on nike.com
Low retail $90 and can be found on nike or eastbay/footlocker for $85-90
https://www.nike.com/w/mens-jordan-1-aj85gznik1?q=jordan%201

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #31787 on: November 19, 2020, 03:55:41 PM »

Since I'm trying not to look everything up online to use my limited brain every now and then - I'll say I know the Ginko, Quercus (Oak) and is the tremula trembling aspen? The others I have no clue - are they European species as the others just seem to be northern hemisphere (with the Ginko being used as a park tree due to its tolerance to dog urine).

And to stay on topic I'm about to retire my off-white Rowley Motorhead Vans. Still life up top but the sole is dying a quick death.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31788 on: November 19, 2020, 07:01:49 PM »
Loving seeing the Knox 440 hi in the wild photos! Tempting me more and more to get a pair soon.

Retired some Maranas and may jump into these Joslin 2s or run some Kalis S that I have. On the fence on both since they both feel good!

Super Champion Fun Zone

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #31789 on: November 20, 2020, 02:40:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
low mids or highs?  I just sold a pair fo lows in the classifieds for $65.
Mids are the least sought after, retail $125. Leather pairs on nike.com
Low retail $90 and can be found on nike or eastbay/footlocker for $85-90
https://www.nike.com/w/mens-jordan-1-aj85gznik1?q=jordan%201
This for sure, i have been big on the mids lately, you can def find them for a good price if you look hard enough.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #31790 on: November 20, 2020, 04:50:09 AM »
Loving seeing the Knox 440 hi in the wild photos! Tempting me more and more to get a pair soon.

Retired some Maranas and may jump into these Joslin 2s or run some Kalis S that I have. On the fence on both since they both feel good!

Really curious about those Joslin 2. Are they huge or just like a dunk?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #31791 on: November 20, 2020, 05:13:06 AM »
$24 CONS site pickup from a few weeks ago

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #31792 on: November 20, 2020, 06:32:11 AM »

Latest chiller pick up. I’ve been waiting for these to retro for a while.

This is fresh, my dood

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31793 on: November 20, 2020, 09:05:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Really curious about those Joslin 2. Are they huge or just like a dunk?
I have both. This may surprise some but the Joslin 2 actually looks/feels like a better (albeit slightly different) version of Dunks (at least to me). It's not a 1:1 dunk knock off but they can fill the gap of wanting a dunk since they're close enough.
Joslin 2 insole and sole feel WAY more comfortable than any of the Dunks I own. Sturdy but soft/flexible too.
They are not huge but have puff in the right places like Dunks do (tongue and collar). The forefoot is not as thin as a Dunk but feels just as responsive as a Dunk may be up there.

In short, it's a good alternative, not a replacement for a dunk.
Super Champion Fun Zone

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
« Reply #31794 on: November 20, 2020, 09:27:36 AM »
Adidas Huf ZX500
Hope everyone has a comfy Friday

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #31795 on: November 20, 2020, 11:49:10 AM »

Those Joslin II's look very nice, this is tempting.

I used to skate dunks a lot but being what they are now, I haven't skated a pair since last year. I still have a pair of the Dunk hi X NBA (Cavs colorway) but I won't be skating these, I try to keep them nice and clean.

I really enjoyed the last 2 pairs of Kalis S, bought 2 pairs at 70% off and they were very nice and comfy, especially for the price. Let me know how you like them when you've skated these Joslins, and how they compare to Maranas. Loved the Maranas I had a couple years back, but haven't skated a pair in a while. I have to skate high tops now, because I have an ankle that needs all the support it can get, and high tops give me that tiny bit of extra security that I won't roll my ankle as easily, although it probably doesn't change much at all...  :-\

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31796 on: November 21, 2020, 01:06:45 AM »

super tempted on these but never had nb numerics before so i have no clue about their sizing. What if i told you i'm a 9'5 in vans pros, and a 9 (most of the times) in adidas/sb? cheers!

Pastasash

• Rep: 61
« Reply #31797 on: November 21, 2020, 11:22:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

super tempted on these but never had nb numerics before so i have no clue about their sizing. What if i told you i'm a 9'5 in vans pros, and a 9 (most of the times) in adidas/sb? cheers!

I would say go your normal size for these. Im a size 10 and I wear my usual size for the Tiago pro model NB# and have a couple of other normal NB running/chiller shoes in a 10 and they all fit great!

Acky Jacky

« Reply #31798 on: November 21, 2020, 03:44:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’d be a little confused because I thought Nikes ran small? I wear 10 in Vans, 10 in Adidas and 10 in most other shoes (9.5 in Cons). I’d say if you have a regular fit go true to size, if your foot is narrow maybe go with the 9. But tbh I never heard of Adidas running bigger than Vans, or Nike for that matter.

P.s. these are my favorite shoes I can remember skating. I usually try something new each time but I think I’ll be sticking with these for a while.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 04:02:09 PM by Acky Jacky »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31799 on: November 22, 2020, 11:32:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’d be a little confused because I thought Nikes ran small? I wear 10 in Vans, 10 in Adidas and 10 in most other shoes (9.5 in Cons). I’d say if you have a regular fit go true to size, if your foot is narrow maybe go with the 9. But tbh I never heard of Adidas running bigger than Vans, or Nike for that matter.

P.s. these are my favorite shoes I can remember skating. I usually try something new each time but I think I’ll be sticking with these for a while.
Not to throw a wrench into this but I will anyway.
I had to 0.5 up in my 440s [Slap eBay colorway I got during the summer ;)] like I do with most NB# shoes. BUT, I'm TTS in almost all Nike, Vans, and Adidas, so maybe my foot is slightly wider compared to NB# lasts and that's why I 0.5 size up on almost everything (288, 533 v1 and v2, 868, 379, 255, 440)?
Also, I find it interesting that some people find Nikes run small when they've been nearly all TTS for me (cup and vulc)

Back on topic, I would say go 9.5, as well. If they feel slightly loose, you can always swap with a nicer insole (if you have them on hand) to see if that makes the fit more ideal. If not, hopefully returns are possible and you can try the 9 if 9.5 doesn't work out.
Super Champion Fun Zone