Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525564 times)

CweamCheeds and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31890 on: December 11, 2020, 01:46:28 AM »
I've been skating the Louie Cons and while I love them in general, they're way too thin for my old man feet and now I'm nursing brutal heel bruise.  Does anyone have suggestions on a vulc/thin cup (willing to try anything tbh, just need a lot of board feel) that won't destroy my feet and leave me hobbling?

Supra Elevates.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #31891 on: December 11, 2020, 06:25:39 AM »
+ 1 to the NB# 440 and Ave Pro, and Romero laced (but that lack of collar bothers me personally).

Fucking right?! I wanted to love it so much but it just tears into my Achilles I couldn’t do it.  Also 440 is great it and the wino slips (cupsole version next year I think?)are the only shoe Ive bought multiple pairs of.  I also have the ace pros. They feel amazing. I tore the mesh day one. And in summer they feel good in the winter my feet will get cold. I wouldn’t pay $100 for them. I would pay $75. If they ever fix the mesh situation and make a decent non clear sole I’m in. 

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31892 on: December 11, 2020, 12:58:10 PM »
adidas tyshawns. hope my forefeets like em. gamechangers on the way
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
« Reply #31893 on: December 11, 2020, 04:43:59 PM »
+ 1 to the NB# 440 and Ave Pro, and Romero laced (but that lack of collar bothers me personally).

I'll also add Lakai Atlantic, Proto, and maybe Carrol XLK since Lakais usually have great board feel but aren't the most protective, BUT these are flexible cupsoles with decent protection. The cup soles are more durable and more forgiving on feet than their vulcs. 

Globe (I know...) Empire or Eagle SG.
Es Accel Slim
Nike SB Team Classic
Van's KWalks 1 and Gilbert Crockett 2 (cup/vulc hybrid)

Thank you guys for the suggestions!  Just bought a pair of 440's

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #31894 on: December 11, 2020, 05:04:23 PM »

All black is always good.

In fact I just copped these.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #31895 on: December 11, 2020, 08:21:17 PM »
Nike SB Blazer zoom mid premiums in black and gum. Just walking around in them tonight and loving them.

http://www.instagram.com/p/CE6s_cPgeF9/

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #31896 on: December 12, 2020, 07:25:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Was stoked on the Tyshawn’s, really good shoe, and great for the money.

But damn those suede authentics look too fucking sick.

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #31897 on: December 12, 2020, 09:08:52 AM »
Expand Quote

I'll also add Lakai Atlantic, Proto, and maybe Carrol XLK since Lakais usually have great board feel but aren't the most protective, BUT these are flexible cupsoles with decent protection. The cup soles are more durable and more forgiving on feet than their vulcs. 

Globe (I know...) Empire or Eagle SG.
Es Accel Slim
Nike SB Team Classic
Van's KWalks 1 and Gilbert Crockett 2 (cup/vulc hybrid)
[close]

Thank you guys for the suggestions!  Just bought a pair of 440's
You will not be disappointed, the 440s are top 3 all time imo☺

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #31898 on: December 12, 2020, 09:25:09 AM »
440 are good but that toe cap rips way too easy

slutonparade

« Reply #31899 on: December 12, 2020, 12:04:52 PM »

Fortunately, the need to buy new shoes to skate is inevitable.  Any non-440 cupsole suggestions?  I'm making a list of sneakers and I'm going to slowly pick them off, hopefully finding my ideal shoe

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #31900 on: December 12, 2020, 12:38:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fortunately, the need to buy new shoes to skate is inevitable.  Any non-440 cupsole suggestions?  I'm making a list of sneakers and I'm going to slowly pick them off, hopefully finding my ideal shoe

If you end up liking the 440, there is a "Dunkalikes" thread. You can search for it. First page of that thread has some good cupsoles listed that are alternatives to dunks. 440 and dunks are somewhat similar in paneling/fit/feel, so there may be some good options for you there.

For the 440 toe panel stitching, super glue/krazy glue, and/or shoe goo can take that area a long way with regular, minimal application before/as you skate them.
Super Champion Fun Zone

slutonparade

« Reply #31901 on: December 12, 2020, 07:29:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If you end up liking the 440, there is a "Dunkalikes" thread. You can search for it. First page of that thread has some good cupsoles listed that are alternatives to dunks. 440 and dunks are somewhat similar in paneling/fit/feel, so there may be some good options for you there.

For the 440 toe panel stitching, super glue/krazy glue, and/or shoe goo can take that area a long way with regular, minimal application before/as you skate them.

Bless you for the insights.  It's definitely appreciated!

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #31902 on: December 13, 2020, 09:18:31 AM »

Always thought the tyshawns would look way bulkier on the foot but this proves me wrong. I also have been having foot pain and you might have just sold me on these. Are they tts?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31903 on: December 13, 2020, 10:07:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Always thought the tyshawns would look way bulkier on the foot but this proves me wrong. I also have been having foot pain and you might have just sold me on these. Are they tts?
got them in size 13 and they fit perfectly. have to go down a size on most nikes, lined them up with my aj1 lows and they were the same length.

the tyshawns feel miles more comfortable but thats comparing suede to cheap pleather. go for the suede/tts combo, its working great for me. might end up being my favorite skate shoes ever
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31904 on: December 13, 2020, 10:55:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
got them in size 13 and they fit perfectly. have to go down a size on most nikes, lined them up with my aj1 lows and they were the same length.

the tyshawns feel miles more comfortable but thats comparing suede to cheap pleather. go for the suede/tts combo, its working great for me. might end up being my favorite skate shoes ever
you ordered game changers straight through their site? And went for 12/12.5 or 13/13.5? 5mm? How do they work in there

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #31905 on: December 13, 2020, 01:24:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
you ordered game changers straight through their site? And went for 12/12.5 or 13/13.5? 5mm? How do they work in there
found my size on endlessgrind.com
should be in next week ill be sure to post an update. this was my personal holiday gift so i hope it was all worth it

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #31906 on: December 13, 2020, 03:30:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Let me know how ya like these; I’m all about canvas in these, all black, pros & classics. But those look grand. Saw they just did leather eras in mono black leather. Too bad I’m on a stock of Vans.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #31907 on: December 18, 2020, 06:59:27 PM »
Decided to break out the PJ1s for some Sick(h) inspiration after seeing a LOT of PJ footy lately  :D

So comfy to chill in and feel like they will skate even better (have not skated these or the 2s yet)

Super Champion Fun Zone

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #31908 on: December 18, 2020, 10:27:16 PM »
I've been skating the Louie Cons and while I love them in general, they're way too thin for my old man feet and now I'm nursing brutal heel bruise.  Does anyone have suggestions on a vulc/thin cup (willing to try anything tbh, just need a lot of board feel) that won't destroy my feet and leave me hobbling?
Easy answer. I highly recommend Ave Pro’s with FP Gamechangers.

foureyedjim

« Reply #31909 on: December 18, 2020, 11:09:29 PM »
Im with off on (lol) this one.  Tyshawns are amazing shoes.  They're padded up top but the sole and upper are fairly low key so you get good feel both on bottom and with flicking. 

I'm skating these:

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #31910 on: December 19, 2020, 03:07:54 AM »
Im with off on (lol) this one.  Tyshawns are amazing shoes.  They're padded up top but the sole and upper are fairly low key so you get good feel both on bottom and with flicking. 

I'm skating these:

That colorway with these red accents looks so good. And the one that just came out with the gum midsole!

i'm going to get me one of them for christmas myself

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #31911 on: December 19, 2020, 10:47:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Easy answer. I highly recommend Ave Pro’s with FP Gamechangers.
Ave pros are great even stock, I love mine:
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #31912 on: December 19, 2020, 11:21:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can’t unsee those pants

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #31913 on: December 19, 2020, 12:13:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I can’t unsee those pants

Damn the combo looked good to me.

Wonder if those vans are tts or half size down....the suede authentics look too good

Glurmpz

« Reply #31914 on: December 19, 2020, 04:29:25 PM »
Winners lurk paying off once again with a colorway of Reebok Club C's I haven't seen before. The pink strangely does not bother me. $49 CDN. I have several Reebok Classic kicks but this is my first pair of Club C's. The Royal Techque T's I have are basically the same shoe with a different sole and slightly different toe cap. Club C's have the thicker heel. Very comfy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI4tsxIlMUR/

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #31915 on: December 19, 2020, 05:51:11 PM »
Winners lurk paying off once again with a colorway of Reebok Club C's I haven't seen before. The pink strangely does not bother me. $49 CDN. I have several Reebok Classic kicks but this is my first pair of Club C's. The Royal Techque T's I have are basically the same shoe with a different sole and slightly different toe cap. Club C's have the thicker heel. Very comfy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI4tsxIlMUR/

I think pink with the black leather looks rad. Are you going to skate those @Glurmpz or are they chillers?

Glurmpz

« Reply #31916 on: December 19, 2020, 06:07:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think pink with the black leather looks rad. Are you going to skate those @Glurmpz or are they chillers?

Just chillers. Had to get 11's because there was no 10.5. They fit fine but would be too roomy for skating.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #31917 on: December 21, 2020, 11:37:13 AM »
Wearing the Chicago alley oops and I’m super disappointed because they look semi dunkish, so I assumed they’d be similarly comfortable when I ordered em online. Maybe they just need to break in but they’re super unsupportive.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

ballintoohard

« Reply #31918 on: December 21, 2020, 12:40:33 PM »
Do the AVE's have better board feel than the Crockett Hi? I've got the Crockett and they're super comfy, but the board feel isn't what I'd like. I need something with some support, but I usually skate Blazers and Bruins.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #31919 on: December 21, 2020, 01:13:09 PM »
Wearing the Chicago alley oops and I’m super disappointed because they look semi dunkish, so I assumed they’d be similarly comfortable when I ordered em online. Maybe they just need to break in but they’re super unsupportive.

@No comply With the older sb dunks, right before they made Ishod dunks so maybe 2015, I would take out the insoles and microwave the shoes to help soften the sole. Maybe that would work for alley oops too?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 01:54:12 PM by funeral_tuxedo »