Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525182 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32010 on: January 09, 2021, 01:10:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That BA colorway is awesome, the gum outsole is perfect. I only remember the blue/grey ones coming out.

I just got these in the mail and can't take em of

[close]

Sick! I really want to get a pair of these but the 2 pairs of NBs I've bought before hurt my feet. Can't skate them more for 30mins at a time.
[close]

My feet hurt when I tried skating these with the insoles they came with, but I threw in a set of lunarlon insoles from an old pair of SB's and no more pain.

Plus now I get to save the cool insoles with the cobblestone and fallen leaves :)
[close]

I had the same issues with NB before. I had one pair I bought in a size 11 (I wear 10) and they were still too snug. I got the Slap 440s which are decent but still oddly snug and clunky. The 440 high is somehow way different regarding fit. I’m cool with the flimsy insole because of the cupsole and being used to skating Reebok’s. Also the Tiago’s are great, I just can’t always pull em off.
[close]

I've read I need a flatter insole because I have high arches, but I'm addicted to lunarlon lol... These 440 Hi's do fit really nicely though, I like how flexible the mesh on the upper is. Materials are so nice too, even the laces! And speaking of Tiagos, I'd love to try some 1010's when I see a colorway that speaks to me.

What Reebok's do you usually skate? Before I sprung for these I had been hunting for some Club C's to try out.
[close]

I’ve only skated the Revenge and Club C (3 or 4 pairs). They don’t last very long but if you’re not concerned about that I feel like they’re good. Usually I’m mainly concerned with comfort when it comes to a skate shoe. At a point I realized cupsoles worked better for me, I was conflating “boardfeel” with needing a shitty overly thin sole. I’ll still skate a vulcanized shoe but see no obvious advantage.

Idk about arches, I have a high arch too, and I’ve been led to believe that you want to have enough support so you don’t supinate or begin collapsing your arch. But support can come from other parts of the shoe not solely the sole (pun sort of not intended).
[close]

Not a huge concern given they can be found at nicer prices than other shoes I like to skate! Love how they look too. I just had to go with these NB's because I am really loving all or mostly black shoes these days, and Tom Knox of course...

I'm particular about colors and materials (to a fault), but it's all about comfort and healthy, happy feet at the end of the day.
[close]

@Urtripping any luck getting the Knox 440 mids in black? How do they feel/skate?
[close]

Yes I got lucky, my local had one size 9 left! Thanks for putting me on to Parade though, I may try to get another pair there depending how long these last me.

So far I've skated them twice, noticed that they felt broken in right away but the insole was a tad thin for me (easy fix). The leather is holding up pretty well, although I am gonna be using some proactive gorilla glue/shoe goo on my ollie area soon because it's a thinner piece there.

Flick is beautiful, and they are supportive of my ankles without feeling stiff/restrictive. No major complaints so far! Skated after dark for a bit last night and felt real cool pushing around with the reflective N's  8)

nice. what insole did you replace the NB# one with?

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #32011 on: January 09, 2021, 05:01:16 PM »
Quote from: funeral_tuxedo
@Urtripping any luck getting the Knox 440 mids in black? How do they feel/skate?

Yes I got lucky, my local had one size 9 left! Thanks for putting me on to Parade though, I may try to get another pair there depending how long these last me.

So far I've skated them twice, noticed that they felt broken in right away but the insole was a tad thin for me (easy fix). The leather is holding up pretty well, although I am gonna be using some proactive gorilla glue/shoe goo on my ollie area soon because it's a thinner piece there.

Flick is beautiful, and they are supportive of my ankles without feeling stiff/restrictive. No major complaints so far! Skated after dark for a bit last night and felt real cool pushing around with the reflective N's  8)
[/quote]

nice. what insole did you replace the NB# one with?
[/quote]

I threw in some old lunarlon insoles that came out of a pair of Chucks a year or two ago
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32012 on: January 09, 2021, 05:12:54 PM »
Quote from: funeral_tuxedo
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice. I'm wearing Half Cab Pros with some Lunarlon insoles I pulled from some old, defective Blazers and it's crazy how much a good insole changes footwear in a positive way. I'm gonna go watch 3 Tom Knox parts now.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:18:55 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #32013 on: January 10, 2021, 12:33:12 PM »
Murder murder! Chilling in the murdered out Romero Americana today!  8)
(I had to go 0.5 size up to fit comfortably in these, as they run a bit narrow and small in the toe box. Not sure if anyone else felt that with trying these)
Pretty comfortable, but a little stiff in some places. Should break in nicely with time before I skate them and eventually swap to white laces  8)
Super Champion Fun Zone

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #32014 on: January 10, 2021, 03:30:05 PM »
(I had to go 0.5 size up to fit comfortably in these, as they run a bit narrow and small in the toe box. Not sure if anyone else felt that with trying these)
Pretty comfortable, but a little stiff in some places. Should break in nicely with time before I skate them and eventually swap to white laces  8)

Yeah I went TTS and mine was pretty tight in the toe. Eventually loosened up but not much. Good shoes. Maybe it’s in my head but I feel like my kick flips was the best in this shoe. The flick just worked for me in them.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #32015 on: January 10, 2021, 05:14:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I went TTS and mine was pretty tight in the toe. Eventually loosened up but not much. Good shoes. Maybe it’s in my head but I feel like my kick flips was the best in this shoe. The flick just worked for me in them.
I bought a white pair in 11 (I'm normally an 11) thinking they fit well when I tried them on in store, but of course, once trying to wear them, they were way too tight. Gifted them to a friend and eventually got these all black ones in 11.5. Much better! I'm hoping I get that Leo flick, too in these once I start skating em. In your head or not, stoked they were working (or flicking! Okay, I'll see myself out for that one)!
Super Champion Fun Zone

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32016 on: January 11, 2021, 04:38:17 AM »

I thought I wasn’t going to like them buttttttt I’m psyched on these Rowan.
Dueces Bitch's

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #32017 on: January 11, 2021, 05:22:23 AM »

Yep i've got the grey ones. One foot fits ok and the other is too tight. But yeah they seem to run small for everyone. I'm bummed because I really like the style.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32018 on: January 11, 2021, 06:47:49 AM »
One foot fits ok and the other is too tight.
This has been my problem with Emerica consistently the last 2-3 years. I've had to return more than I've kept. Love the brand and always will be a loyal pawn.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #32019 on: January 11, 2021, 03:16:10 PM »
Adidas Aloha Super Karol Winthorp

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #32020 on: January 11, 2021, 03:35:41 PM »
damn now i want a mcrib

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #32021 on: January 11, 2021, 03:36:26 PM »

I thought I wasn’t going to like them buttttttt I’m psyched on these Rowan.

I can see why they look dope.
started skating a pair of Rowans last week, surprised and how comfortable they are

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #32022 on: January 12, 2021, 08:45:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Pissed off with these. Has anyone else had this experience?

Lakai cambridge are so grippy... In the extreme. So much so it completely fucks up board control and flips.
[close]

I feel you mate, I have the all black Tae cambridge and they were also way to grippy for me. They are regulated to working shoes until the sole wears a bit off. You could also sand your grip a bit down, but that isn't the best solution in the long run.
[close]

Ok so I'm not going mental or being too precious.

How annoying is that though? You should be able to skate them.out of the box

Is there a way to sand the soles of the shoes down ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #32023 on: January 12, 2021, 04:04:32 PM »

I never luck out on shop Dunk raffles of SNKRS app draws, so there is no way in hell I'm getting the Chicago SB Dunk Low. However, I DID luck out and score the next best thing on Depop, Jordan Low Chicago's from like 2015? Very lightly used and cheaper than retail for a new pair of dunks.

They are the thin more 80's correct build with the wings logo on the upper heel piece.. I'm weird and liked the thinned out Ishod dunks for skating, so I think I might like these if I skate them?
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #32024 on: January 12, 2021, 04:17:07 PM »

I never luck out on shop Dunk raffles of SNKRS app draws, so there is no way in hell I'm getting the Chicago SB Dunk Low. However, I DID luck out and score the next best thing on Depop, Jordan Low Chicago's from like 2015? Very lightly used and cheaper than retail for a new pair of dunks.

They are the thin more 80's correct build with the wings logo on the upper heel piece.. I'm weird and liked the thinned out Ishod dunks for skating, so I think I might like these if I skate them?

Personally, I think Jordan 1's skate better than SB dunks. I'd skate them, but it would be hard to trash that colorway... maybe a few sessions though :) Those are really sick man, good find!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #32025 on: January 12, 2021, 04:28:25 PM »

jordan 1 skate great for sure.
And those released 2/14/2016 and go for upwards of $600 when new. You sure they legit? What size? Nice score
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 04:56:25 PM by jay_nev »

stets

« Reply #32026 on: January 12, 2021, 06:07:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
jordan 1 skate great for sure.
And those released 2/14/2016 and go for upwards of $600 when new. You sure they legit? What size? Nice score

I've managed to snag a few okay Jordans in the last 5 years. These are size 9.5 and they pass the legitimacy checks I know to make! Compared them against my Bred AJ1's that I camped out in line for back in 2016, and they match up in terms of outsole, interior details, and inside tag specifics. Manufacturing date is in fall 2015. The seller said they were an old ex's and she was getting rid of things he left years ago and hadn't picked up after her trying to get shit back to him since then... so his loss is my gain?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #32027 on: January 13, 2021, 07:45:23 AM »

Emerica Low Vulc .... Reynolds pretty much.

The lakai cambridge are way too grippy. Didn't want to skate these yet but oh well.

And yes my grip is filthy. Jessup + crust + winter
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #32028 on: January 13, 2021, 11:16:45 AM »

Posted in the new Vans thread:

Got the new Skate Sk8 Hi yesterday. It’s early and I haven’t skated in them yet, but they feel very solid. The canvas pieces have been replaced with something I can’t quite figure out, but it feels extremely durable—almost like a waxed jacket. The insole seems to be of the same Popcush compound, but feels sturdier from a structural standpoint. They sit a bit lower and flatter (the sides don’t come up as much) and the bottom has its own little waffle print thing going. As for the fit, new Vans always feel a little big at first and then fit like a glove once they bend to my feet. These are in line with my past experiences with classic Sk8 His—ever so slightly roomier in the toes. I will say that the heel feels much more secure.

I’ve tried to attach pictures, so hopefully they work. The new insole is on the left.

rumstove

• Rep: 3
« Reply #32029 on: January 13, 2021, 12:48:04 PM »
Summer 2019 I was at Gander Outdoors looking for some kayak stuff. I noticed they were blowing out all their skateboard stuff because they were no longer carrying skateboard equipment. Found these Globe Furys and a pair of Globe Mark Appleyards in my size. With all the discounts ended up being two pairs for $40. These Fury shoes are the most comfy skate shoe I've ever had.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32030 on: January 13, 2021, 01:33:35 PM »

Got the new Skate Sk8 Hi yesterday. It’s early and I haven’t skated in them yet, but they feel very solid. The canvas pieces have been replaced with something I can’t quite figure out, but it feels extremely durable—almost like a waxed jacket. The insole seems to be of the same Popcush compound, but feels sturdier from a structural standpoint. They sit a bit lower and flatter (the sides don’t come up as much) and the bottom has its own little waffle print thing going. As for the fit, new Vans always feel a little big at first and then fit like a glove once they bend to my feet. These are in line with my past experiences with classic Sk8 His—ever so slightly roomier in the toes. I will say that the heel feels much more secure.

I’ve tried to attach pictures, so hopefully they work. The new insole is on the left.

hey @babywantsbluevelvet is the new insole still very high arched with a thick back and then extremely thin forefoot or is that less so / the overall flatness you were describing?

babywantsbluevelvet

« Reply #32031 on: January 13, 2021, 02:01:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hey @babywantsbluevelvet is the new insole still very high arched with a thick back and then extremely thin forefoot or is that less so / the overall flatness you were describing?

It’s more balanced and feels beefier in the forefoot, if only slightly. The new insole has the black top and the old has the white top. The box is resting on the new insole and floating over the old one. We’re talking a mm if that, but if this place has taught me anything...

stets

« Reply #32032 on: January 13, 2021, 02:11:10 PM »
Definitely looks less beefy in the heel, less scooped out, less of a cup like some orthotic or something. Thanks for posting the detailed pics @babywantsbluevelvet! You're the first of us to actually get a pair of these in-hand, it seems.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #32033 on: January 13, 2021, 04:55:25 PM »

Sweet find. Definitely worth trying out to skate if you liked the ishod dunks. Just did a short session in a pair of court purple lows I have and they skate great.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #32034 on: January 13, 2021, 05:43:28 PM »
@babywantsbluevelvet thanks for the pics.  Insole look like a better. The on feet shots and color look a lot better too. Would you say the shoe is stiffer overall, or just the heel?

babywantsbluevelvet

« Reply #32035 on: January 13, 2021, 09:16:30 PM »
@babywantsbluevelvet thanks for the pics.  Insole look like a better. The on feet shots and color look a lot better too. Would you say the shoe is stiffer overall, or just the heel?

Happy to contribute. They’re definitely stiffer overall. The side panels feel a bit like the Rowans, so I would guess they’re reinforced in the same way. There’s a greater feeling of resistance when you move your ankles around against them with your feet flat on the ground. Might chafe if you tie them too tight.

I’ve never been the type to care about breaking in shoes (esp Vans), but I think these could use it. It’s going to be hard to sacrifice their new looks when the time comes. Will report back when I go through with it.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32036 on: January 14, 2021, 12:12:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It’s more balanced and feels beefier in the forefoot, if only slightly. The new insole has the black top and the old has the white top. The box is resting on the new insole and floating over the old one. We’re talking a mm if that, but if this place has taught me anything...

thanks for the info and pics @babywantsbluevelvet

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32037 on: January 14, 2021, 09:09:19 AM »
Hope the skate classic half cabs come in the classic contrast stitching black/white and navy/white colors. Not having to rip out the classic insoles like im doing nowadays while having the removable popcush stock in those colors seems appealing to me.

animalflesh

« Reply #32038 on: January 14, 2021, 06:19:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Breaking these in

[close]

Cuff looks nice.What jeans/pants are you running?

Sorry missed this

Just classic black sweatpants like fruit of the loom or something and I cuff them to keep them out of the way when I skate

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #32039 on: January 16, 2021, 10:26:22 AM »