Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1895979 times)

GarglesCmen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #11790 on: June 11, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
Just got back home from the city where I go to university. Had 2 exams in 2 days so I had to study a lot. The first one was on friday, so I arrived thursday evening at 9pm at my dorm room. Got up to the highest floor where my room is and when I want to open my door with the key, I felt it wasn't closed anymore. I enter, with the typical feeling something is wrong, and realise some fucker stole my TV, playstation 3, 6 games and even my leather jacket. I share the building with 9 other students, who I all know on a personal level, and I check all the rooms whether or not any of those rooms was open and empty. All those doors were still closed, so only my room was broken into. And not kicked in or anything, the door was opened with a key. There was a girl downstairs who had been there for over a week and she hadn't noticed anything. Called the cops, it took 2 hours to file a complaint with the knowledge it's very unlikely I'll ever see any of my stuff again.

To top things off, when I finally want to start revising some shit for the exam the next day, I open my bag and find out that an ice tea can has broken open and all my notes are soaking wet.

That fucking sucks

Everyone I know is getting robbed, one of my cousins went to a wal-mart here and while she was in there someone jacked her taillights, headlights, and the door to her trunk among other things. Not stoked on that.
I'm not stoked on a run of off days, where you just can't do anything right. It's been happening to me in skating, at home and when I'm out playing basketball.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Da Jitterbug

• Rep: 0
« Reply #11791 on: June 11, 2012, 11:02:56 PM »
My friends never want to skate during the summer. does anybody else have this problem. literally every summer my friends don't wanna go skating.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11792 on: June 11, 2012, 11:51:15 PM »
No, I don't have that problem. I killed all of my friends. With my penis.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #11793 on: June 12, 2012, 12:09:22 AM »
The last sunny day for 5 days, so you have to skate. Barely sleep and work 13 hours. Too many negative factors, end up being more frustrated from skating than relaxed.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #11794 on: June 12, 2012, 03:20:18 AM »
Bad filling causing a rotten tooth, and possibly an abcess, going to the dentist soon to find out and hopefully fix it.

Hurts like fuck and my face is swolen like hell

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #11795 on: June 12, 2012, 10:04:33 AM »
My favorite falaffel joint was shut down by the health department.  I guess, outside of their amazing falaffel, they must have been slinging some bad shwarma.

Everyone I know is getting robbed, one of my cousins went to a wal-mart here and while she was in there someone jacked her taillights, headlights, and the door to her trunk among other things. Not stoked on that.

Shit is getting trife when the door to your trunk gets stolen from the Walmart parking lot.  Time to move.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #11796 on: June 12, 2012, 12:28:39 PM »
My favorite falaffel joint was shut down by the health department.  I guess, outside of their amazing falaffel, they must have been slinging some bad shwarma.

Expand Quote

[close]

Shit is getting trife when the door to your trunk gets stolen from the Walmart parking lot.  Time to move.

That caught me off guard so much when I saw their truck

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #11797 on: June 12, 2012, 01:21:50 PM »
the water at our house is fucked up right now. Keeps making the drain in the shower back up and leave crud behind on the floor, and the toilets dont flush so great as of late.

Money is looking pretty tight coming towards the end of this month, not a great way to go into an 18 day trip back east. Its my own fault though, money is tight normally, but I just HAD to order this cheap printer/scanner and ink, and a pair of kicks to skate while on vacation.

I CANT FUCKING WAIT TO HAVE THIS LEASE WITH MY EX DONE WITH. the last strand can be severed and I won't have to throw 300+utilities out the window every month for a place i don't even live in anymore.

I've been experiencing extremely high highs and very low lows lately.
and this weird sort of, looming fear of whats to come.
Every once in a while, I give myself the proper perspective that everything I feel, I'm making myself feel. Its an internal thing, and the answer to my suffering is to just stop bringing it upon myself, stop self sabotaging, stop over-investing, stop worrying, stop doubting, and loosen my grip on trying to control anything but myself and my perspective.
But that is really hard to be constantly aware of.
Feels like depression.
@idealhandmades

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #11798 on: June 12, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »
a handful of my coworkers and their thoughts on music/religion/tattoos/ human rights and just life in general.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #11799 on: June 12, 2012, 03:09:22 PM »
I'm just going to start, and stop, with this Element complete.  So core bro.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11800 on: June 12, 2012, 03:21:01 PM »
the water at our house is fucked up right now. Keeps making the drain in the shower back up and leave crud behind on the floor, and the toilets dont flush so great as of late.

This sounds exactly like what happened to my girlfriend and I after we moved into our house. Unfortunately she owns the house so we had to dump 6 grand into new sewage lines and roughing in a basement bathroom. We also had to replace the back patio that had to get torn out to do the sewage work. Another 2 grand 6 months later. If you don't own the house and are breaking up with the girl then fucking bail. It's a huge hassle.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #11801 on: June 12, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »
Expand Quote
a handful of my coworkers and their thoughts on music/religion/tattoos/ human rights and just life in general.
[close]

Fuck 'em.  Does it REALLY matter what they think?  If anything you get to have a laugh at their expense.
Doesn't really matter, just gives me a headache when im trying to read the goddamn funny pages and they start going on and on about some bullshit.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11802 on: June 12, 2012, 05:30:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
This sounds exactly like ... If you don't own the house and are breaking up with the girl then fucking bail. It's a huge hassle.

plumbing issue is at the NEW place, not the old ex's, and I don't own nothin'
@idealhandmades

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11803 on: June 12, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
Well then you'll probably have some work to do convincing your landlord to fix it. They can be dicks about that.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #11804 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
My future.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #11805 on: June 12, 2012, 11:31:03 PM »
Quote from: jack burton
My future.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #11806 on: June 13, 2012, 07:42:33 PM »
skated 4 blocks to the slappy spot near my house, only to find a cop sitting in the parking lot.

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #11807 on: June 14, 2012, 06:31:45 AM »
My mom has always had a strong affinity for throwing stuff out. An anti-hoarder if you will. Shes always constantly throwing things out that she views as unnecessary to still own. Every now and then she will go into my old room and just throw a bunch of old random stuff that I own away; stuff that she views as "garbage and not necessary to still have". I've told her time and time again to please stop doing this, and that what she views as trash, I might view as something meaningful, but her response is always the same; "oh please, that stuff is trash. You don't need it anyways, there's no need to have it in the house".
Today I went to visit her for lunch. I went up to my old room and found out that a bunch of my old used boards from back in the day that I was saving to hang up are gone, along with a ton of old photos, some old essays I wrote for school back in the day that I was saving, and some old skate mags. Needless to say I was pretty bummed.
I think it's time I start looking into renting a storage unit, haha.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #11808 on: June 14, 2012, 09:16:02 AM »
My mom has always had a strong affinity for throwing stuff out. An anti-hoarder if you will. Shes always constantly throwing things out that she views as unnecessary to still own. Every now and then she will go into my old room and just throw a bunch of old random stuff that I own away; stuff that she views as "garbage and not necessary to still have". I've told her time and time again to please stop doing this, and that what she views as trash, I might view as something meaningful, but her response is always the same; "oh please, that stuff is trash. You don't need it anyways, there's no need to have it in the house".
Today I went to visit her for lunch. I went up to my old room and found out that a bunch of my old used boards from back in the day that I was saving to hang up are gone, along with a ton of old photos, some old essays I wrote for school back in the day that I was saving, and some old skate mags. Needless to say I was pretty bummed.
I think it's time I start looking into renting a storage unit, haha.

Damn that blows.  Sounds like she has a mild case of OCD or she doesn't like you.

Archers of Chaka

« Reply #11809 on: June 14, 2012, 09:17:23 AM »
Probably both.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11810 on: June 14, 2012, 09:34:45 AM »
That does suck. Usually moms are all about hanging to pieces of our child hood.

Menudo

• Rep: 4
  • True niggas ain't gay
« Reply #11811 on: June 14, 2012, 11:12:44 AM »
Bad filling causing a rotten tooth, and possibly an abcess, going to the dentist soon to find out and hopefully fix it.

Hurts like fuck and my face is swolen like hell

Shit I've got 2  bad fill ins that rotted from the inside out...I haven't got them looked at but I probably should before something gnar happens

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11812 on: June 14, 2012, 03:19:34 PM »

I'd get along super well with your mom then. I collect my fair share of trinkets and stuff, but I'm constantly purging and getting rid of stuff. I don't like to be in possession of more things than my truck can carry in one load.
but then again, I'm also one of those guys you see in the grocery store that never uses a cart. If I can't carry it, I dont need it.

anyways, plumbing update, you were right Bry, shit got worse (but it gave me a fun backdrop for the "what are you eating right now" thread)

@idealhandmades

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11813 on: June 14, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »
That's about what ours looked like. Toilet backing up and tub filled with shit.

Grand_Larsony

• Rep: -1
  • ALL HAIL CARDIEL!!!
« Reply #11814 on: June 14, 2012, 04:05:30 PM »
Not stoked on the skate scene in my city lately. Between losing homies to skate with due to them being drug-addicts and whatnot, and people "growing up" or getting a new group of friends that don't skate and "not having time for skating" shits looking down compared to recent years. Sure theres still a handful of homies who still skate but theres been more than a few who havnt stepped on a board in months cause of selling/being addicted to drugs and the other aforementioned reasons. Not to mention that the 8 month old skatepark (the only skatepark in my area) is always jam-packed with scooter kids which renders it useless. Also, went street skating yesterday and today, and well, quite frankly getting clips with the guys is a fucking pain in the ass. Like It was me who dropped the money on a camera a couple years ago so we could film eachother and whenever i film i atleast try to film shit half decent, but when anyone else is filming they dont give two fucks. I explain to them basic techniques and how certain things should be filmed, but i sometimes feel i could get just as good of a clip if it were on a tripod. I wana move to a new city and get in on a new skate scene whos actually down to skate and film. Also one or two of the guys basically just skate to show off and it really pisses me off. Like they're all scared to dork around at a chill spot and just have fun, theyre all competitive with each other and dont get stoked or show hype when you land your trick. Idunno, like thats not what skateboarding is to me.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #11815 on: June 14, 2012, 05:25:01 PM »
Mom jeans.

Archers of Chaka

« Reply #11816 on: June 15, 2012, 01:06:19 AM »
That does suck. Usually moms are all about hanging to pieces of our child hood.
She still does keep a lot of the old baby pictures.
I mean, she throws stuff out, but not like, every single thing we own if that's what I made it sound like. It's not like she's going to throw out the couch, tables or mattresses (at least for the time being), it's just stuff that she's bought over time and eventually lost interest in or views as not necessary to own anymore. Things like old DVDs, clothes, CDs, records, books, photos, random electronic devices (Dvd players, old TV's, computer parts), etc. Things that most people would still hold on to even if they lost interest in them or store away somewhere, but she just throws it out.

Back on topic: First day skating a new real deck I bought. Went to the park and was just skating flatground, getting a feel for the board. I fuck up on a trick and my board flies out and heads right for someones bottle of Gatorade that's sitting near the ledge, which just so happens to still be pretty full and lidless. It spilled all over my brand new board. I was so pissed. I hate when shit like that happens.

ricky36975

« Reply #11817 on: June 15, 2012, 08:33:05 AM »
The fact that it hasn't been this nice out in months and I sprained my knee on monday......  on an ollie....... fuck

trannies and mannies

« Reply #11818 on: June 16, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »
Re sprained my ankle yesterday. I hurt my ankle in february and was out for over 3 months, as soon as i get really comfortable on my board again, i get a little too confident and fuck it up again.

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #11819 on: June 16, 2012, 02:41:28 PM »
Quote from: jack burton
Expand Quote
My future.
[close]
Its going to be all right, fellows!