Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1898245 times)

Grind King Rims

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #19080 on: December 20, 2017, 07:49:06 AM »
let get a show of hands, who is still friends with their ex?

*prediction: nobody.

Absolutely none of them, and I don't want to be. We're not on bad terms either, but you just cut ties and move on. Whenever anyone says they're friends with their ex I think it's suss as anything.

SOTY

« Reply #19081 on: December 20, 2017, 07:57:55 AM »

I am. I don't see the point of cutting ties unless you're madly in love with a person who doesn't love you back. When both parties accept that it's not a romantic relationship it's all good.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #19082 on: December 20, 2017, 08:02:33 AM »
I have two kids with my ex and that's the only reason we talk.

Other than that I'd gladly never speak with her again.

Thankfully our kids are old enough they can call me and she doesn't have too.

After we broke up, I went out with a few girls and we are still friends, but those relationships never got serious.

Gentleman ninja warlock

shark tits

« Reply #19083 on: December 20, 2017, 09:55:52 AM »

i hate all my exes except the one i'm going to see tomorrow. she hit me up a few wks ago and i told her the same thing i say every time 'unless there's pussy involved i can't be your friend'.
it sounds harsh but it's for my sanity.
i could write a book about girlfriend relapsing and it's rad when it works out but when it don't, i'm on to the next one or skating or reading a book.
idk how old you are but what i tell people younger than me who are bummed over breakups. idk the same people i knew when i was 20. i'm not the same person i was. or 30. i'm glad i'm not stuck w/ some broad my 20 yr old self had a hard on for. you need to run through i'd say a minimum of 10 girls before you hang your hat on one.
listen to some bright eyes, get taciturn and fight in bars. take it out on the 8 stair.
made in china gonna be aight.

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #19085 on: December 20, 2017, 08:10:51 PM »

I guess you could say I'm friends with my most recent ex

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #19086 on: December 21, 2017, 01:44:44 AM »

It's funny cause I'm actually friends with my ex... We've talked once a week for the past three weeks and I really appreciate the friendship we have.

Maybe that says something about the kind of person I am, but whatever

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19087 on: December 21, 2017, 02:24:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
It's funny cause I'm actually friends with my ex... We've talked once a week for the past three weeks and I really appreciate the friendship we have.

Maybe that says something about the kind of person I am
, but whatever

More than you think

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #19088 on: December 21, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »
To be clear, is it your position that all people who are friends with exes are just pathetic cucks lusting after unattainable poontang? I feel like that says a lot about your personality too (i.e. ur perception of women and relationships).

Grind King Rims

« Reply #19089 on: December 21, 2017, 05:19:40 PM »
To be clear, is it your position that all people who are friends with exes are just pathetic cucks lusting after unattainable poontang? I feel like that says a lot about your personality too (i.e. ur perception of women and relationships).

This also has validity. If you tell me your ex is an asshole, and it starts to sound like they're only an asshole because they're your ex, it kind of makes you look like the asshole.

I think all my exes are good people, that's why I was with them, but we don't talk because the nature of our relationship has shifted and not into something better.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -274
« Reply #19090 on: December 22, 2017, 12:55:31 AM »
I had 15 minutes between jobs last week and was next to a park I used to skate pretty regularly so I thought happy days, my first skate in months (two kids under 2 and a super heavy workload leading into Xmas) ... fuck me I skated horribly. Not stoked on that at all

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19091 on: December 22, 2017, 03:42:21 AM »

I didn't say anything like that. It works best if you wait until someone says something before you go after it. Are you sure I wasn't making fun of him having his nose in the air saying "I guess I'm a great person"? Are you suuuure?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:44:03 AM by shit_for_brains »

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 850
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #19092 on: December 22, 2017, 05:04:25 AM »
Spending $12 on the flare

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #19093 on: December 22, 2017, 06:02:18 AM »
Lmao lolol cockslingers

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #19094 on: December 22, 2017, 08:31:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I didn't say anything like that. It works best if you wait until someone says something before you go after it. Are you sure I wasn't making fun of him having his nose in the air saying "I guess I'm a great person"? Are you suuuure?

Fair enough. It wasn't just directed towards you but all the 'could never be friends with my ex' guys. I definitely don't think you can judge someone for not wanting that given how most relationships end, but some stuff in this thread seemed to imply that anyone who is friends with an ex is just sexually confused, which also kinda implies that the only reason to be friends with a woman is to fuck her.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #19095 on: December 22, 2017, 08:54:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yo that's not what I was trying to say! I was implying that I'm the kind of person that likes to hold on to things and people too much, and because of that I'm also the kind of person to be friends with exes.

Nallid

• Rep: -14
« Reply #19096 on: December 24, 2017, 10:05:20 PM »
My brother in law bought 2 12s of corona and said we should drink then all. He drank 6 I drank the rest. New Year is for getting sober. I hate corona.

Pigeon

« Reply #19097 on: December 27, 2017, 07:42:14 PM »
My dad called me, out of the blue, to tell me that I知 a failure for dropping out of college, and to remind me that I知 a disappointment.

shark tits

« Reply #19098 on: December 27, 2017, 07:49:47 PM »
My dad called me, out of the blue, to tell me that I知 a failure for dropping out of college, and to remind me that I知 a disappointment.
he prolly read that post where you dumped christmas urine on the homeless

Pigeon

« Reply #19099 on: December 27, 2017, 08:32:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
he prolly read that post where you dumped christmas urine on the homeless
That wasn稚 cool of me, but it wasn稚 on a random homeless person. It was the guy who pissed through the fence, right outside of his tent, and it wasn稚 the first time...just the first time I got piss on my board and myself. I have nothing against people being homeless, but I do have a problem with people pissing/shitting by pyramids and ledges, when there are two dog park areas right next to the skatepark..bags and everything. I don稚 even give a fuck if they do it when no ones around...always scope out parks before skating them. He did it, five minutes into my session, while I hit up the other side of the park. I was going so fast, I didn稚 see the piss, and/or it probably blended in with the the graffiti.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #19100 on: December 28, 2017, 11:56:34 AM »

Nallid

« Reply #19101 on: December 28, 2017, 12:12:35 PM »
Got my kid a pair of goldfish and a 3.5 gallon tank, filter, rocks, plants, little decoration... Anyway, this was about a month ago, and I pretty much take care of the fish.  Long story short, I fucked up and just used unconditioned tap water so these poor fish have been dying a slow, agonizing death since I got them.  Like they're barely moving and look like they want to die.  One of their tails fell off.  So last night I realized what I had done, and rushed out first thing this morning to get water conditioner and medication.  Spent $30 at Petsmart to try to save these $.14 goldfish that probably aren't going to make it. Oh well.

Lobo

• Rep: 2
  • Skate and die !
« Reply #19102 on: December 28, 2017, 02:18:45 PM »
Got my kid a pair of goldfish and a 3.5 gallon tank, filter, rocks, plants, little decoration... Anyway, this was about a month ago, and I pretty much take care of the fish.  Long story short, I fucked up and just used unconditioned tap water so these poor fish have been dying a slow, agonizing death since I got them.  Like they're barely moving and look like they want to die.  One of their tails fell off.  So last night I realized what I had done, and rushed out first thing this morning to get water conditioner and medication.  Spent $30 at Petsmart to try to save these $.14 goldfish that probably aren't going to make it. Oh well.
My toilet is called Neptune's graveyard

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19103 on: December 28, 2017, 03:06:35 PM »

Give it a minute then call him and say way worse shit

Pigeon

« Reply #19104 on: December 28, 2017, 05:16:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I知 over it and kind of agree with him, after empathizing. If I spent $100k on tuition, for my hypothetical/imaginary kid, I would be bummed if he dropped out and ended up working shitty job after shitty job.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #19105 on: December 28, 2017, 05:30:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I知 over it and kind of agree with him, after empathizing. If I spent $100k on tuition, for my hypothetical/imaginary kid, I would be bummed if he dropped out and ended up working shitty job after shitty job.

Was your father doing the festivus tradition airing of grievances??

Also that doesn't make you a failure. College isn't for anyone and you can always go back and finish it

jomeara1

« Reply #19106 on: December 28, 2017, 06:00:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Was your father doing the festivus tradition airing of grievances??

Also that doesn't make you a failure. College isn't for anyone and you can always go back and finish it

Exactly this.  Depending on what you're going for it can be very difficult and extremely expensive.  It's worth it in the end, but god damn am I glad I'm finally done with that shit.  If college isn't your thing though, join a trade- you can make a lot of fucking $$$ with awesome benefits.   

Nallid

« Reply #19107 on: December 28, 2017, 06:07:03 PM »
$100k though? Now I'm disappointed in you too.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1574
« Reply #19108 on: December 29, 2017, 01:25:51 PM »
loose kingpin...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen