Author Topic: Paradox Grip  (Read 42085 times)

Back to 0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
    • outlawz avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Paradox Grip
« Reply #360 on: May 19, 2009, 05:14:20 AM »
that name drop line was ill...nice one..mein..hahhaa...for real though, it seams that the members of our team seem to impress those that seem to doubt......But you still didn't tell us what your shop is, that i would be thrown through, (hypothetically). And why your shop has enough credibility to talk any shit.
who the fuck needs credibility to talk shit?
especially in here
still Rollin! www.outlawz.nl

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #361 on: May 19, 2009, 06:01:58 AM »
there is now a scientific reason why i can never learn switch back heels.
p-shuvs and v-flips

skatefilmer202

• Rep: -9
  • ya
« Reply #362 on: May 19, 2009, 10:58:28 AM »
ok i set up a board a couple days ago with this grip. when i first stood on my board it felt really weird, like i couldnt skate at all cuz it was too grippy. i skated for about 2 hours after that and its pretty good. i mean its just griptape. i think it does make a little difference in your balance, but nothing that i would actully pay for instead of free black magic at my shop.

haha idk but i was really tired and sore and then i skated for like a minute and i was really energetic and was skating fast, lol i dont know if that was from this grip or what

bobjohn

« Reply #363 on: May 19, 2009, 11:00:22 AM »
Paying riders is a good thing. They are, after all, professionals.

DevinSB

• Rep: -11
    • mywaste avatar image
« Reply #364 on: May 19, 2009, 02:28:06 PM »
NO PAY = SLAVE LABOR!!!!!!!

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #365 on: May 19, 2009, 02:34:51 PM »
i dont know how all your shops are, but the one i work at goes through mob like its going out of stlye. And you'll be surprised at how many kids will pitch a fit when all i have in is jessup or black magic.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #366 on: May 19, 2009, 02:47:41 PM »
You have to have a positive attitude for it to work? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit this would be totally useless for me then.

DevinSB

• Rep: -11
    • mywaste avatar image
« Reply #367 on: May 19, 2009, 03:54:43 PM »
i dont know how all your shops are, but the one i work at goes through mob like its going out of stlye. And you'll be surprised at how many kids will pitch a fit when all i have in is jessup or black magic.
That sucks, I have the biggest vendetta against MOB, it was just the worst shit I had ever skated. All I skate is jessup, I tried black magic once, and it was too sticky, I tried MOB once and it was just terrible, I even tried FKD and wasn't too into it. I'm going to try this paradox stuff(getting a sample of it) and if it's cool then word up, but I'm probably sticking with jessup....

FigsyLeBon

• Rep: -10
« Reply #368 on: May 19, 2009, 04:43:39 PM »
that name drop line was ill...nice one..mein..hahhaa...for real though, it seams that the members of our team seem to impress those that seem to doubt......But you still didn't tell us what your shop is, that i would be thrown through, (hypothetically). And why your shop has enough credibility to talk any shit.

It seems it doesn't work on some people, as far as your team, the only thing I've learned about them since you were so kind as to constantly mention their names, here and in other unrelated threads, is that A. They'll believe anything, and B. They have very poor business acumen, as in there are plenty of companies who pay actual money (not power crystals or whatever) for people like them to represent their brand of sticky-back sandpaper.

And again, I did say I wasn't speaking for my shop, also I didn't I say I'd throw you through a window. As for how much "credibility" my shop has, well, the owner has never created an account on slap solely to push his product and wacky beliefs on other people, so yeah, I'd say my shop has some credibility
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 06:43:05 PM by FigsyLeBon »
Quote from: My penis is on my forehead
damn fam.... yall dont want it with Kalis

HerringBoneSoul

• Rep: 0
« Reply #369 on: May 19, 2009, 04:46:26 PM »
should board companies make grip? like hardware companies make bearings and other shit.

if the deck company is legit would its grip be legit as well?

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #370 on: May 19, 2009, 04:55:03 PM »
B. They have very poor business acumen, as in there are plenty of companies who pay actual money (not power crystals or whatever) for people like them to represent their brand of sticky-back sandpaper.

No doubt if they were good businessmen and really liked Paradox they'd take the Jessup checks and then use Paradox. Pros have been doing that shit with trucks/wheels/bearings/wood for ages.

FigsyLeBon

« Reply #371 on: May 19, 2009, 04:57:27 PM »
Expand Quote
B. They have very poor business acumen, as in there are plenty of companies who pay actual money (not power crystals or whatever) for people like them to represent their brand of sticky-back sandpaper.
[close]

No doubt if they were good businessmen and really liked Paradox they'd take the Jessup checks and then use Paradox. Pros have been doing that shit with trucks/wheels/bearings/wood for ages.

I dunno about that man, I think there'd be some negative waves associated with such dishonesty, in which case paradox wouldn't work properly. Come on man, this is science we're talking about!

Baker4Life

« Reply #372 on: May 19, 2009, 05:41:10 PM »
CrailTapper: the video is coming...the increase in balance is very easy to test and feel. The increase in power is also very easy to feel and demonstrate.
              By saying it takes longer to break in, just means it actually lasts longer than other grip. Another "claim" that was made eariler in this thread.
              Explaining this is proving to be difficult, but it does what it says it does everytime we have tested it on Pros, Fighters, Major League  Baseball Players...it is actually amazingly effective and draws a crowd because even in person, it just doens't seem real. When you see the video of many respectable people in our industry and others, it STILL WON"T SEEM REAL. But, alas, those more seprated from ego tend to feel it more, as they less credence to themselves and are quite impressed by the performance enhancing qualities, like Karl Watson..as I said before he sought us out.

get fucked
sorry to hear you didn't have "a magical experience", it will nit make you better than you have the capacity to be. But, in will indeed help especially if you think more positive about landing your shit and don't bail or doubt. Who flowed you the grip and where?

Baker4Life

No hate for you fellas, hanamoto is my homie...but, Lizard pulled out a nano-circuit card i gave him 2 years previously when Pete asked him to ride for us. He was down already, 2 years ago. We got love for ya and I told Hana...we can make grip for you..better quality, better technology, better price...

og milk...pm me with your address..we'll send you some
derby: ditto
MIlpool: your welcome... yeah, a few people don't like anything on their board..we will have our hesh series available, july 4th..all black... along with 9x9 slices served in a pizza box, Pete's A Sices (smolik pro model)

Bob john: It is not a scam...don't be afraid of what cannot be expained by "modern" , newtonian physics...many anomalies exist that in the past were not understood and in turn, feared and ridiculed...i recently showed this to a triple phd from Vienna University and he had the same reaction..he thought i was a magician using slight of hand...haahha  he was so frustrated that he couldn't explain, or understamd how this works...most assuredly not a scam, hoax or "slight of hand"  little kids can demonstrate this test all day long...little kids like curren caples and louie lopez....sorry you have decided to close off anything that cannot be easily explained or understood. 99% of people do not understand how a cell phone actually works, but they put that microwave receiving device that leaks radiation (its illegal for children under 12 to use a cell phone in the EU) right up to their face everyday because it works....

DO US ALL A FAVOR...

KYS!!!

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #373 on: May 19, 2009, 07:08:58 PM »
fuck
no one skate this

this grip tape is actually an alien life form who put super power cyrstals in the grip so the more you use it the more you turn into an alien scum
that is why your balance gets better and you need "postive" vibes for it to work, because it sucks the postivity out of u.

paradox grip is actually a kid who figured this out so he came on to slap and decided to be such a name dropping industry whore that no one would buy this shit.

in all serious-ness send me some free grip tape

theblackox

• Rep: 0
« Reply #374 on: May 19, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »
How can a company exist on selling grip tape alone? They need to start selling shoes as well. Wait, I see the connection: a shoe and grip combo! I need to get some seed money...

My name is Ari Penis-Gold and my penis is also in my mouth.

• Rep: -3658
« Reply #375 on: May 20, 2009, 02:10:30 AM »
what's kts?

does anyone remember when MOB came out?  and now kids demand it....hmmm

FigsyLeBon

« Reply #376 on: May 20, 2009, 03:47:41 AM »
I'm gonna start building my own cars.

Does anyone remember when Fords came out? And now people demand them.....hmmmmmm

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #377 on: May 20, 2009, 06:14:51 AM »
what's kts?

does anyone remember when MOB came out?  and now kids demand it....hmmm

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

bobjohn

« Reply #378 on: May 20, 2009, 07:58:08 AM »

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2217
  • computer says no
« Reply #379 on: May 20, 2009, 08:21:13 AM »
His supplier.

http://www.the-crystal-chamber.net/
Holy shit, I haven't seen a "ripple effect" Java applet in years! I can't even tell you how many clients I've had to talk away from one of those.

Sorry for being off topic, but that just tripped me out.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #380 on: May 20, 2009, 08:52:29 AM »

kids have come by and asked for MOB then i explain how it cost more than any other grip for no reason whatsoever, then they get jessup.
 i don't understand the kids who like spending money on stupid gimmicky stuff?  i usually tell them to put their money towards their next board since thats actually going to help them skate more and get better than technologically advanced griptape or other random BS. 

i will give credit to paradox though, him coming here to pimp his grip has made this awesome thread full of funny.     

Randozzi

« Reply #381 on: May 20, 2009, 09:08:41 AM »
the charge more for MOB because it has holes in it? forgive my ignorance but i haven't been to a regular shop in a while. i just got a 20 sheet box of the stuff from a friend in a trade, i think it works just fine. peals up on the corners on occasion but it's cool by me.

sergioflorez

« Reply #382 on: May 20, 2009, 09:20:35 AM »
the charge more for MOB because it has holes in it?

what are the advantages to perforated grip? what makes it any different from the regular stuff?

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #383 on: May 20, 2009, 09:27:43 AM »
the charge more for MOB because it has holes in it? forgive my ignorance but i haven't been to a regular shop in a while. i just got a 20 sheet box of the stuff from a friend in a trade, i think it works just fine. peals up on the corners on occasion but it's cool by me.

the only differences i know of are that its thicker, heavier, and a bit stiffer than jessup.  
it being thicker and heavier doesn't make a real difference, the advantage of it being stiffer is that it makes it easier to grip without getting air bubbles but i've gripped like 10000 boards and i don't get air bubbles anyway.

i've been to a couple of shops that carry MOB and its usually $8-$10 a sheet, WTF?  why should a kid have to pay more for griptape thats "easier" to grip when they're going to grip it for you at the shop anyway? 

i didn't realize it had holes in it or that it was perforated or what have you, but that would mean theres less chance of getting air bubbles but again it not worth spending the extra money IMO.

ThirdCoast

• Rep: 5
« Reply #384 on: May 20, 2009, 10:15:52 AM »
Fuck MOB.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #385 on: May 20, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »
Fuck MOB.

probably the best first post in awhile. nice one.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

FigsyLeBon

« Reply #386 on: May 20, 2009, 11:08:36 AM »
I never got the point of MOB, it seems like their whole selling point, at first anyhow, was that the holes meant you wouldn't get air bubbles while gripping a board, but I don't think that was ever a large scale problem for anyone. I'm sure everyone got an air bubble or two the first time they gripped a board themselves but I wouldn't be trying to market a brand of grip around that fact

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #387 on: May 20, 2009, 11:22:06 AM »
more time skating, less time trying to fix your shitty grip job. it's a regular gimmick that somehow succeeded. at least they didn't make any bogus claims then tirelessly defend the "technology", the effectiveness of which somehow hinges on whether you have a positive attitude.

FigsyLeBon

« Reply #388 on: May 20, 2009, 11:27:58 AM »
more time skating, less time trying to fix your shitty grip job. it's a regular gimmick that somehow succeeded. at least they didn't make any bogus claims then tirelessly defend the "technology", the effectiveness of which somehow hinges on whether you have a positive attitude.

amen.

RollinonFour

« Reply #389 on: May 20, 2009, 12:39:52 PM »
I wouldnt doubt that it works. Seems really far-fetched though. I do believe in energy and positive force/thought. so why not give it a try? I just hope it dosnt wear down your shoes faster.