Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249432 times)

floop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #1170 on: May 15, 2013, 08:35:31 AM »
i'm a pretty big Lagunitas fan.  especially after Sucks.  Sucks is one of my top favorite double IPAs now.  shit is amazing.  it used to be a once a year release but now they're supposedly going to start brewing it year round, starting in Oct. 

people in Chicago should be stoked they are opening another brewery / pub in downtown in a month or two there

their IPA was one of my "gateway" beers to craft beer.  still a fave.  also like their PILS

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

noone1234

• Rep: -36
« Reply #1171 on: May 15, 2013, 08:35:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone here fuck with Lagunitas stuff at all? It's rare that we get that kind of thing here in the UK but I came up on some of their IPA recently and thoroughly enjoyed it.
[close]

their ipa is decent though I find their little sumpin sumpin ale to be fantastic.
[close]

Haven't come across that at all, would definitely be interested to try it. On this note if anyone from the US wants to trade for any particular English/Scottish beers at all feel free to ask.

pm'd

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1172 on: May 15, 2013, 08:37:39 AM »

had this the other night. the only sierra nevada ive ever liked is the regular green one. this one unfortunately didnt change that. i feel like all of their different brews taste the same.

had this tonight and it was really good, super hoppy obviously and almost 11% but with no alcohol burn. pretty fruity but in a good way with no after taste.

finally got this Wookey Jack after reading good things about it here from floop. i really like it, i think i read that someone said the Stone Self Righteous was supposed to be a black IPA too but this Wookey tastes way better than the Stone Self i had (not to say i didnt like the Stone Self cause i did really like it). I will definitely buy this again.

edit: straight from Manila, Phillipines. my nightcap.

glad you liked the wookey.   if you like wookey and self righteous you should try and find some Uinta Dubhe.  i would say it almost ties Wookey.  delicious
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1173 on: May 15, 2013, 11:53:35 AM »
i was gonna wait to find a big bottle of the Dubhe so i didnt have to get a 6er, but i trust you so ill get that 6er next time. i really wanted to try the Port Mongo that you recommended but the one at bevmo was brewed last august and id rather have a fresher one.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1174 on: May 16, 2013, 12:33:52 AM »

Unspectacular, but worth trying if you like black IPAs or Racer 5.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1175 on: May 16, 2013, 02:09:54 AM »
My friend showing off his collection...i hate him.

Round 2...FIGHT!

ok floop, you may be right...i think he has some hoarder tendencies...

"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1176 on: May 16, 2013, 06:31:37 AM »
Those are definitely all for trading haha

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1177 on: May 16, 2013, 08:53:46 AM »
Expand Quote
My friend showing off his collection...i hate him.

[close]

Round 2...FIGHT!

ok floop, you may be right...i think he has some hoarder tendencies...

i can't deny I'm jealous of all that beer.  he has a lot of good stuff

curious about his temp controlled storage.   i'm trying to figure out a way to make a ghetto "cellar" under our house.  we live on a hill so it could be doable to have a partially underground area.   now that it's getting hot this summer I'm starting to worry about my precious beers :)

dillanharp

« Reply #1178 on: May 16, 2013, 03:04:53 PM »
Absolute new favorite.

Strong, I can only drink one a night. I mean, I SHOULD only drink one a night.

And fresh, bottled on 5/7/13

Knee deep is from Lincoln, tiny town near Sacramento. Great fucking brew.

pancake man

« Reply #1179 on: May 16, 2013, 04:37:04 PM »

curious about his temp controlled storage.   i'm trying to figure out a way to make a ghetto "cellar" under our house.  we live on a hill so it could be doable to have a partially underground area.   now that it's getting hot this summer I'm starting to worry about my precious beers :)

Your cellar should be enough no? Unless your cellar gets retardedly hot

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1180 on: May 16, 2013, 07:10:16 PM »
Expand Quote

curious about his temp controlled storage.   i'm trying to figure out a way to make a ghetto "cellar" under our house.  we live on a hill so it could be doable to have a partially underground area.   now that it's getting hot this summer I'm starting to worry about my precious beers :)
[close]

Your cellar should be enough no? Unless your cellar gets retardedly hot

my "cellar" is just a cabinet.  temp in summer is probably around 70 but without ac on can get hotter.   i guess it depends on the beer, and there are various arguments etc, but they say ideal cellar temp is 55-60.  for aging.   i think most beers i have would probably be fine for a year or so, but the warmer the temp the faster the aging process.  i would hate to ruin some expensive beers.  but, it's just beer.  they also say that not that many beers get better with age anyway.  but even for the storage factor it would be nice to have a proper set up.  i'm jealous of people with basements.  

scored these gems today (haven't tried the black racer or nelson before)

got these dogs recently too

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:11:58 PM by floop »

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1181 on: May 16, 2013, 07:42:48 PM »
max, i'm on untapped now.  how does this shit work?

dillanharp

« Reply #1182 on: May 16, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »
i was gonna wait to find a big bottle of the Dubhe so i didnt have to get a 6er, but i trust you so ill get that 6er next time. i really wanted to try the Port Mongo that you recommended but the one at bevmo was brewed last august and id rather have a fresher one.
I don't know if you've been to Kelly's liquor, on 4th and Empire, but they've always got fresh stuff. If you like them on facebook they update as soon as they get Pliny or anything else good in.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1183 on: May 18, 2013, 01:32:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don't know if you've been to Kelly's liquor, on 4th and Empire, but they've always got fresh stuff. If you like them on facebook they update as soon as they get Pliny or anything else good in.
I never have, but thank you, i will make it a point to stop there when i get a chance.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

pancake man

« Reply #1184 on: May 18, 2013, 02:30:40 PM »
Anyone tried Dogfish Head's Burton Baton? Would love to hear what you thought of it before I pull the trigger on buying it

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1185 on: May 18, 2013, 03:20:03 PM »
Anyone tried Dogfish Head's Burton Baton? Would love to hear what you thought of it before I pull the trigger on buying it

i loved it.  do buy

it's an unusual twist on IPA, but in this case it works.  the wood flavor is subtle.  it's really smooth and delicious

if you don't like it i'll give you your money back

not really but i think you will

pancake man

« Reply #1186 on: May 18, 2013, 03:31:37 PM »
word, you take my advice on the Gueze by any wild chance?

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1187 on: May 18, 2013, 06:26:03 PM »
word, you take my advice on the Gueze by any wild chance?

i will try it.  and get back to you

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1188 on: May 19, 2013, 01:46:27 AM »
finally tried Lagunitas Sumpin Sumpin tonight, im loving it, bout to crack my third right now.

LiveFreeAndBurn

« Reply #1189 on: May 19, 2013, 01:25:06 PM »

Had this last night.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1190 on: May 21, 2013, 04:15:32 PM »
had some great beer this weekend. perennial barrel aged sup coffee stout and barrel aged 17 mint chocolate stout.

the real highlight was a friend bringing me another four pack of heady topper. this continues to be the best IPA i've ever had.

LiveFreeAndBurn

« Reply #1191 on: May 30, 2013, 11:47:14 PM »

First time drinking this in almost a year.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1192 on: June 05, 2013, 11:07:00 PM »
could've posted in the stoked on thread.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1193 on: June 08, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »
a bro of mine brought me a bunch of beer from Chicago when he came out for my birthday.  this is just one of the many excellent beers.  fucking great

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #1194 on: June 08, 2013, 01:43:15 PM »

This is an IPA right? I love IPA's but the Stone IPA isn't my favorite one. I prefer Racer 5 and Ale Smith IPA's over it, but I wanted to try this. How does it compare to the normal Stone IPA if you've tried it?

Irvine-Sucks.com

realitycontrol

• "only when i breathe"
« Reply #1195 on: June 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is an IPA right? I love IPA's but the Stone IPA isn't my favorite one. I prefer Racer 5 and Ale Smith IPA's over it, but I wanted to try this. How does it compare to the normal Stone IPA if you've tried it?

it's a shit ton better, if you see it you should pick up a few. stone's RuinTen IPA should be available soon as well.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1196 on: June 08, 2013, 04:10:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

it's a shit ton better, if you see it you should pick up a few. stone's RuinTen IPA should be available soon as well.

I know a place where they have it, so I'll definitely pick it up. Thanks for the recommendation.

Irvine-Sucks.com

realitycontrol

• "only when i breathe"
« Reply #1197 on: June 09, 2013, 02:03:30 AM »
anytime doggy. also, do you write for irvinesucks?

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1198 on: June 09, 2013, 11:21:05 AM »
i loves me some banana-weissbier. just add a drop of banana juice. stoked how cheap this was, only 70 cent for 0.5 l bottle. only got small glasses though
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1199 on: June 09, 2013, 12:40:09 PM »
anytime doggy. also, do you write for irvinesucks?

Ya, me and my friend Nick Petrilla started it back in the day and have been trying to revive it again over the last couple of months.

Irvine-Sucks.com