Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249469 times)

Andrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #2310 on: October 17, 2014, 03:33:06 PM »
Not that I can't enjoy it, but the flavors are too bright for me to drink more than one of. My 6-pack will last a month easy.

Scored a case of Founders Harvest today ;D Half case of Dark Penance, too. Having an All Day now while they chill. Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 05:04:44 PM by Andrew »
ieatemochilds

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #2311 on: October 17, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »
Just bought some Saint Archers IPA and Pale Ale...have to say it is really fucking good, a bit pricey tho

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -111
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #2312 on: October 17, 2014, 04:09:17 PM »
Lowenbrau! Lowenbrau! Lowenbrau! Lowenbrau! Lowenbrau! Lowenbrau! Lowenbrau! Lowenbrau!  Lowenbrau!

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2313 on: October 17, 2014, 05:51:09 PM »
In other news...my sour-hoarding is coming along nicely:

jealous of those cascade beers
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2314 on: October 17, 2014, 07:05:39 PM »
Just had Schlaflys Tasmanian IPA and it is easily one of the top 3 IPAs I've ever had. It's absolutely delicious.
Heard a lot of good things about TIPA.  A distributor by me just got a few cases in today.  Definitely stopping in there tomorrow on my lunch break. 

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #2315 on: October 17, 2014, 10:31:39 PM »
Just had Schlaflys Tasmanian IPA and it is easily one of the top 3 IPAs I've ever had. It's absolutely delicious.
first year was amazing. second year was ass. sounds like this batch is back on track.

Everett425

• Rep: -148
  • Nice! Dope! Like it! Wow!
« Reply #2316 on: October 18, 2014, 10:18:48 AM »
If you're from WA and you don't fuck w/ Redhook, you're whack as fuck.

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #2317 on: October 18, 2014, 10:20:37 AM »
delirium nocturnum. 

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #2318 on: October 23, 2014, 02:09:23 PM »
Any pals out there willing to ship me some maple stout and BA narwhal? Sadly jersey is not getting them an I really would like to get some. Also sierra has a new IPA coming out called hop hunter.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2319 on: October 23, 2014, 03:54:56 PM »
hi guys! my computer is back up and running im happy to say. i was very sparingly going on slap (mostly to check what new videos dropped) but now i can hopefully keep back up with my favorite beer crowd too. i just read the last 4 pages to catch up, i had the Beer Camp a while back and i thought it was one of the better things to come out of SN, since i think most of their "specialty" stuff (Beer Camp Bombers ive previously had) usually taste the same. The Cigar City was my favorite. ive had a lot of other stuff in between but eh whatever. i really came here to brag about my first beer trade. i sent this dude down in la habra a bunch of Russian River stuff and in return i got

just cracked this one, i know it says drink by 9/30 but it is still damn good.

gonna try to send him some Faction and Rare Barrel soon, speaking of which does anyone know how often RB bottles and how long they last? I saw they are doing a release Nov. 1st but ill be out of town. thanks, CHEERS DUDES!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2320 on: October 23, 2014, 04:53:11 PM »
nice haul.  enjoy the Noble stuff.  they are killing it.  Nelson and Galaxy are amazing!  Swami's is a go-to for me too.

speaking of North South trade winds, a friend from SF scored this for me at the Berkeley Tap Room.  my most anticipated beer of the year.  fucking stoked

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

alonzohambugerjones

• Rep: 3
  • http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5sK5IyEANvg/TkMuXcaLsGI/
« Reply #2321 on: October 23, 2014, 04:58:09 PM »
had Narwhal last night, strongly recommend it. Really easy drinking,strong chocolate flavor, you wouldnt guess it was 10%.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2322 on: October 23, 2014, 08:03:18 PM »
does anyone know how often RB bottles and how long they last? I saw they are doing a release Nov. 1st but ill be out of town. thanks, CHEERS DUDES!
usually a couple of weeks, going by the last few.

looks like i'll be needing to head over to berkeley soon for some ba narwhal soon.

heading down to sante adairius in capitola again this weekend. they might be my favorite brewery in the area, though i do love cellarmaker and rare barrel. i feel really spoiled for choice since moving out west.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #2323 on: October 23, 2014, 09:45:55 PM »
nice haul.  enjoy the Noble stuff.  they are killing it.  Nelson and Galaxy are amazing!  Swami's is a go-to for me too.

speaking of North South trade winds, a friend from SF scored this for me at the Berkeley Tap Room.  my most anticipated beer of the year.  fucking stoked

Really? I laid down a 4 or 5 photo haul a couple of pages back and not a sing comment. This gets a commendable though?

Sorry, I'm drunk and butt hurt about no one paying attention to anything I post.

Also, I'm currently drinking this:

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:48:42 PM by brycickle »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2324 on: October 23, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »
heh.  sorry brycickle.  i went back and looked and that was a commendable haul.  people here are rude to not acknowledge it

i just got excited seeing Noble

i need to start holding bottle shares.  i have so much shit and not enough time to drink it
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Dustin Stoner

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2325 on: October 24, 2014, 09:25:37 AM »
Alchemist's Heady Topper!!! All day!!!

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2326 on: October 24, 2014, 11:44:08 AM »
nice haul.  enjoy the Noble stuff.  they are killing it.  Nelson and Galaxy are amazing!  Swami's is a go-to for me too.

speaking of North South trade winds, a friend from SF scored this for me at the Berkeley Tap Room.  my most anticipated beer of the year.  fucking stoked

Just got 3 cases in. HYPEDDDD

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #2327 on: October 25, 2014, 09:42:41 AM »
heh.  sorry brycickle.  i went back and looked and that was a commendable haul.  people here are rude to not acknowledge it

i just got excited seeing Noble

i need to start holding bottle shares.  i have so much shit and not enough time to drink it

It's cool, I was drunk and should have been denied internet access at the time.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2328 on: October 25, 2014, 09:50:23 AM »
grapefruit sculpin is pretty nice. hope i can try the habanero one soon. also real psyched le terroir is back. that shit was excellent.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #2329 on: October 26, 2014, 06:26:11 AM »
Anyone know where I can get some BA Narwhal in NY? Drove to PA yesterday and was unsuccessful. Also does anyone know if it did in fact release in NJ? Someone told me the rep I talked to is a dick and makes shit up.

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2330 on: October 26, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »
Anyone know where I can get some BA Narwhal in NY? Drove to PA yesterday and was unsuccessful. Also does anyone know if it did in fact release in NJ? Someone told me the rep I talked to is a dick and makes shit up.
It did. I sent you a PM about it the other day. My store is getting it in soon, not sure when though.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2331 on: October 26, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »
grapefruit sculpin is pretty nice. hope i can try the habanero one soon. also real psyched le terroir is back. that shit was excellent.

grapefruit sculpin was amazing.  bought 3 six packs.  wish it would never end but all good things must come to an end

just got back from a Bruery trip.  tap list was particularly good.  wish that place was in LA.  mash and coconut was absolutely amazing

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #2332 on: October 26, 2014, 08:55:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

grapefruit sculpin was amazing.  bought 3 six packs.  wish it would never end but all good things must come to an end

just got back from a Bruery trip.  tap list was particularly good.  wish that place was in LA.  mash and coconut was absolutely amazing

where do you get your beer in LA, store wise? been looking for a better selection than bev mo.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2333 on: October 26, 2014, 09:08:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

where do you get your beer in LA, store wise? been looking for a better selection than bev mo.

Sunset Beer Company is my favorite.  cool dudes, and they have great stuff on tap.  have a beer and look for beer. 
Bill's Liquor in Atwater gets the good shit. 
Ramirez Liquor (the new one on Olympic) is amazing

for west side:  Beverage Warehouse. 

Valley:  Valley Beverage

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #2334 on: October 26, 2014, 09:24:15 PM »
Bell's 2hearted been on steady repeat for the past 6 months. that and anything from cigar city

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2335 on: October 28, 2014, 05:48:02 AM »
Man, I wish MA allowed pints in the liquor store. I'd love to drink a pint while looking for something to purchase, it'd also help satiate my ever yearning thirst for fresh Maine Beer Co./ Treehouse IPAs

Andrew

• Rep: -10
« Reply #2336 on: October 28, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »

It's here ;D
ieatemochilds

vx1000

« Reply #2337 on: October 28, 2014, 03:00:42 PM »
Any recommendations for good Asian beers?

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2338 on: October 28, 2014, 08:09:35 PM »
Man, I wish MA allowed pints in the liquor store. I'd love to drink a pint while looking for something to purchase, it'd also help satiate my ever yearning thirst for fresh Maine Beer Co./ Treehouse IPAs

Speaking of Maine Beer Co...Another One is easily one of my favorite IPAs.  I prefer it over Lunch, personally.  Such an amazing beer.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2339 on: October 29, 2014, 10:36:19 AM »
Any recommendations for good Asian beers?

not really.  i like having Asahi with Japanese food.  but it's basically a typical adjunct lager like Budweiser at the end of the day.  i have a friend who lives in Osaka and he said some stuff is starting to happen over there, craft wise.  but laws are more strict.  there's a brewery there called Baird owed by an American guy that's doing some good stuff.  but nothing i'd go out of my way to get and not exactly "Asian" per se other than that it's made in Japan