Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249429 times)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #2370 on: November 10, 2014, 01:29:04 PM »
Interesting. ? I love older visco but for me BCS still wins. ? Also Port / Lost Abbey prices can be a bit ridiculous. ?  I'll still get some sometimes, but but I don't think Older Viscosity or BA Santas Little Helper are worth more than BCS or Parabola

Hope you get some Narwhal Stoop.?  There's always trading

I read they made 50% more than they did BA Bigfoot last year, so hopefully there'll be some out there

Yeah Port/Lost Abbey are way over priced. $18 bucks for a 375ml? No way.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2371 on: November 12, 2014, 02:25:41 PM »
The local just got 2 quarter kegs of Backwoods. just picked up a growler for $20.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2372 on: November 12, 2014, 09:11:43 PM »
i love Backwoods.  just had last years the other night. 

in other news, i scored a few more Narwhal today at a place in the valley.  as a huge Sierra fanboy and big fan of Narwhal i am eagerly awaiting breaking this open.   
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2373 on: November 13, 2014, 05:48:07 PM »
Miraculously stumbled upon some Zombie Dust last night. Honestly a little underwhelmed.  Definitely a good beer, but don't believe the hype.  I would take a MO from Maine Beer Co. over Zombie Dust any day of the week.

Got to revisit some Carton Beers while I was at it.  Really wish I had regular access to Boat Beer and 077XX. 

I also have a 6'er of Lagunitas Born Yesterday arriving at my house on Monday.  Anyone try this yet? BeerAdvocate seems to be singing its praises.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2374 on: November 13, 2014, 09:19:51 PM »
how fresh was the zd? I haven't had it for a while, but I loved it when I did.

born yesterday is pretty great. really enjoyed that one. have to get some more while it's still around.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #2375 on: November 14, 2014, 09:36:16 AM »
Picked this up last night - def. worth a try if you're into porters - this one was different

Avery Brewing Co. - New World Porter

fookya

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2376 on: November 14, 2014, 09:57:59 AM »
anyone here brew their own beer?

I've been brewing my own beer for about two years now. I started off with a kit from Northern Brewer that I got as a gift. Pretty much done only their recipe kits (with occasional substitutes) until now. I've been doing a lot of reading the past few months, going to spend the winter upgrading my equipment and learning how to grow my own hops so I can start my own recipes. It's a ton of work and research but there's nothing better then cracking open a beer that you made yourself.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2377 on: November 14, 2014, 11:27:12 AM »
I'm a home brewer as well. Upgraded to full grain about a year ago? I don't get to brew as often as I would like, but when I find time I have a lot of fun. I'm thinking about doing another farmhouse pale ale and a kolsch that I will dry hop with either Saaz or Nelson Sauvin.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2378 on: November 14, 2014, 01:26:04 PM »
I got to hang out with Vinnie Cilurzo (Russian River) and Brian Grossman (Sierra Nevada) on Wednesday night, so that was pretty cool.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2379 on: November 14, 2014, 01:39:13 PM »
Miraculously stumbled upon some Zombie Dust last night. Honestly a little underwhelmed.?  Definitely a good beer, but don't believe the hype.?  I would take a MO from Maine Beer Co. over Zombie Dust any day of the week.

Got to revisit some Carton Beers while I was at it.?  Really wish I had regular access to Boat Beer and 077XX.? 

I also have a 6'er of Lagunitas Born Yesterday arriving at my house on Monday.?  Anyone try this yet? BeerAdvocate seems to be singing its praises.

I live 10 minutes from Carton. The owner is a fucking dickhead, but I love their SS2014 & 07747(galaxy hops).

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #2380 on: November 14, 2014, 01:41:24 PM »
Recently I enjoyed this a lot
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2381 on: November 14, 2014, 09:22:50 PM »

pains me to say but i'm disappointed

Stoop i have extra bottles.   you can make your own assessment.  

still a Sierra fan-boy but this is not in the same league as Bourbon County Stout or Parabola.   as a straight imperial stout Narwhal is still one of my favorites.  in this case i don't think the barrel aging did much.  does pain me to say it but being honest
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:26:52 PM by floop »
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2382 on: November 15, 2014, 12:41:58 AM »
went against my instincts and tried celebration two nights ago, and was let down as usual. i fucking hate you Sierra Nevada. but in a twist of fate that could only be the beer gods smiling down on me, my local target had Sculpin sixers tonight that werent in the system yet and the cashier gladly sold me two of them for $5 each and no crv. score is an understatement. cheers homies.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2383 on: November 15, 2014, 04:58:49 AM »

pains me to say but i'm disappointed

Stoop i have extra bottles.   you can make your own assessment.  

still a Sierra fan-boy but this is not in the same league as Bourbon County Stout or Parabola.   as a straight imperial stout Narwhal is still one of my favorites.  in this case i don't think the barrel aging did much.  does pain me to say it but being honest

Damn your disappointment in this is scaring me haha. I'm going to pa today so if I can't find a bottle I will definitely buy one from you later tonight.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2384 on: November 15, 2014, 07:58:47 AM »
it was fine, but nothing mind blowing. I'll probably trade my bottle. more curious about how the maple stout is, honestly.

I was disappointed with celebration, but only the first bottle. it's a great IPA, just a bit different from what's popular.

the Anderson valley blood orange gose is awesome. wish it were beach weather.

Andrew

• Rep: -10
« Reply #2385 on: November 15, 2014, 02:54:11 PM »
I didn't get any BA Narwhal, and I'll be the first to say I hate picking favorites, but FW, BCB, Stone, Founders etc. all seem like they prefer a certain level of intensity. Founders the most drinkable for me, BCB the most intense, FW in a happy medium. Only have had Southern Charred from Stone, but I loved it.

Sierra Nevada satisfies my bitter cravings in a way that most contemporary IPAs can't, Hoptimum being an exception. English bitters/pub ales can fit the bill, though. Speaking of-

Oskar Blues made their way to MO :)

Local 4 Hands started canning-

And that's about it on my end. Finishing up my Bastard boxes, going to have to get more DB. Having a Founders Harvest right now. Cheers!
ieatemochilds

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #2386 on: November 15, 2014, 08:48:51 PM »
Boom

Best 30 pack money can buy

Bam

Diabetic's favorite sauce

Take your pudding beer to hell

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #2387 on: November 15, 2014, 09:01:57 PM »
Expand Quote

Nectar of the Gods.
[close]
I'm def. an IPA slut. In Spain they call them "ee-pa" which i think is cute when a sexy Spanish bartender corrects you.

Superior to any Southern Tier product

Also who ever posted the Sierra Nevada Celebration 2014, it's the same as their regular IPA and massively weak shit. Good thing they cost the same.

PETRUS period knock the label art fandom off and taste these fucking things.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2388 on: November 16, 2014, 06:40:07 AM »
Yeah so I now have 2 1/2 cases of Backwoods and Im pretty content with it. I picked up some Celebration as well and I was really disappointed. So far I think Sierras best IPA is there Southern Hem. Aussie hops for the win always. Struck out with BA Narwhal again and got really pissed at one shop owner. Don't know if any of you live in Media PA which is right near Widener Unniversity, but I went to a place called Pinnochios. It was a cool little shop, but when I saw the staff I could tell they were going to be hipster snobs. I politely asked "Hey do you guys have any BA Narwhal?' his response was him turning to the chick behind him and laughing followed by him saying " Pfff a little late there buddy it came in on Tuesday doubt youll see any more". That really pissed me off so I got really nasty and just shot back " I live two hours away dickhead, learn how to talk to customers before you open your fucking mouth." his face basically turned to stone and I just walked out. Fuck that place. even though there were other goods I wanted in there.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #2389 on: November 16, 2014, 08:07:22 AM »

Cracked this one last night. serious deliciousness. Also had the Boulder Brewing Killer Penguin. Not my favorite barleywine, but it was still pretty decent.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2390 on: November 16, 2014, 08:30:48 AM »
i usually try to call ahead if i'm going to drive somewhere.  although often times people on the phone don't know what they're talking about or they're too lazy to check.  the problem with ba narwhal is that people are confusing it with the regular, and saying they have it

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2391 on: November 20, 2014, 07:21:59 PM »
So psyched on this

Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

Vinchenzo

• Rep: -21
    • Eastern Fronts avatar image
« Reply #2392 on: November 20, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2393 on: November 21, 2014, 02:44:56 AM »
So psyched on this

It's an imperial pilsner right? Have you tried it? I'm interested in it but I don't want to spend $15 on a 4pk and not even like it.

Tony Rave

• Rep: -57
« Reply #2394 on: November 21, 2014, 11:49:22 AM »
My fav beer is.....

Cheap and cold ..

Just like my women

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2395 on: November 21, 2014, 09:12:38 PM »

It's an imperial pilsner right? Have you tried it? I'm interested in it but I don't want to spend $15 on a 4pk and not even like it.
That's how BeerAdvocate classifies it, but the Dogfish site just says "imperial lager." Haven't tried it yet, but my store just got it in so I will soon. By the way, did you get my PM?
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2396 on: November 21, 2014, 09:22:56 PM »
i have been experimenting with IPAs i never really had them. Maybe a beer or two but never bought a case or anything. I had goose island at my sisters wedding and i loved it. When i got home that night my neighbor gave me flying fish ale which also tasted really good, thinking about picking up a case of one of those two.

but my go to six pack is yuengling, its pretty cheap and it doesn't taste like shit

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2397 on: November 22, 2014, 03:37:26 PM »
it was fine, but nothing mind blowing. I'll probably trade my bottle. more curious about how the maple stout is, honestly.

I was disappointed with celebration, but only the first bottle. it's a great IPA, just a bit different from what's popular.

the Anderson valley blood orange gose is awesome. wish it were beach weather.

The Maple Stout is killer. Also just drank a 3month bourbon barrel aged torpedo. VERY GOOD. Just a touch of oak/vanilla still bitter and hoppy. Unlike anything I've ever had. Very well done.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2398 on: November 22, 2014, 04:24:19 PM »
allagash farm to face

so dope. sour with great peach flavors. could drink this all day.

cellarmaker mo' nelson

another nice cellarmaker ipa. their pale ales and ipa's are consistently good.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2399 on: November 22, 2014, 04:54:23 PM »
cellarmaker mo' nelson

another nice cellarmaker ipa. their pale ales and ipa's are consistently good.

These dudes fucking rule Earth.