Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249361 times)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #2730 on: July 01, 2015, 05:21:03 AM »
Mattofallmatts I've never had blind pig or Pliny in a bottle. That would be rad. I'd definitely send you something rad back.

Tobey the shirts should be done in the next up and coming weeks. Selling the shirts and with the shirts you get the beer. I'm working on some trademarks and finding an ideal space. There's a firehouse that about to go up for sale and I'm going to eye that down. Also all my homies are from philly and yes I'm from jersey.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2731 on: July 01, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »
Mattofallmatts I've never had blind pig or Pliny in a bottle. That would be rad. I'd definitely send you something rad back.

Tobey the shirts should be done in the next up and coming weeks. Selling the shirts and with the shirts you get the beer. I'm working on some trademarks and finding an ideal space. There's a firehouse that about to go up for sale and I'm going to eye that down. Also all my homies are from philly and yes I'm from jersey.

Like I need a reason to go to RR next week! DM me your address when you get some time and I'll try my best to get them out mid-week.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2732 on: July 01, 2015, 05:46:21 PM »
I'm pullin for you StoopKid! Lemme get dat addy and I'll send some dollars for a shirt

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2733 on: July 03, 2015, 08:34:24 AM »
I'm pullin for you StoopKid! Lemme get dat addy and I'll send some dollars for a shirt

As soon as the shirts are ready I'm going to make a webstore. And I'm stoked on the support.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2734 on: July 04, 2015, 06:04:41 PM »
CigBeer.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2735 on: July 14, 2015, 05:00:55 PM »

The hop farm is killing it...

Still really early, these are going to be massive flowers.

A quick look at the draft selection at work.

Summer Ale going into Secondary.

Gose going into Secondary. Dry hopped it with some Sorachi Ace pellets for a fresh Lemon/Citrus kick.

pancake man

« Reply #2736 on: July 15, 2015, 04:08:44 PM »
What year is your hop bine on?

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2737 on: July 17, 2015, 09:45:29 AM »
These are all year 1! I have a mystery bine in a winebarrel that is year 2 and doing very well also. I think it was cascade...

STOOP KID SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS! I picked up some RR for you yesterday along with some other stuff. Send me your address before I drink it.

I'm not a big beermail trader guy, but anyone else on here who wants to trade shoot me a pm.

pancake man

« Reply #2738 on: July 17, 2015, 06:49:31 PM »
That's year 1 growth? Nice! I would say you should try and reinforce your roof where the bines attach cause them motherfuckers get heavy. Now I'm sure you won't need to, but better safe than sorry!

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #2739 on: July 19, 2015, 06:08:23 PM »
Posted this in the things that make you laugh thread, but figured it needs to be here too.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2740 on: July 28, 2015, 09:33:39 AM »
My last day managing the Albany Taproom was rad.

Then I brewed up an IPA on Sunday.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2741 on: July 31, 2015, 09:19:03 PM »
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/business/Brewery-Launches-Delco-Lager-319587641.html

im going to pick up a case, im really curious how this will taste. DELCO STAND UP

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #2742 on: August 01, 2015, 07:54:57 AM »
Probably like oxycontin and cigarette butts

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #2743 on: August 14, 2015, 11:32:09 AM »
Why do people have to be all smug about their beer.

I was at party and i was taking to a dude and started taking about beer. He's like what do you drink?
I was like my favorites are Modelo, Blue Moon, or Stella.
This guy like laughed at me and said have you even tasted real beer?
ya okay dude get all hip on beer ::)

Thats like saying you have a better toothbrush, we all have one but yours is better somehow

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2744 on: August 14, 2015, 01:46:39 PM »

I was at party and i was taking to a dude and started taking about beer. He's like what do you drink?

Thats like saying you have a better toothbrush, we all have one but yours is better somehow

"YOU LIKE NYJAH YER A FEGIT"
People are dumb.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2745 on: August 14, 2015, 04:08:59 PM »
As a former brewer myself its shocking how little people know about beer. Budweiser and Coors are bestsellers and they're terrible, people only like it because they're stupid fuck alcoholics.

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #2746 on: August 14, 2015, 04:16:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
As a former brewer myself its shocking how little people know about beer. Budweiser and Coors are bestsellers and they're terrible, people only like it because they're stupid fuck alcoholics.

They way i look at it. Im a broke college student who cant afford some beer that is brewed with some magical rainbows and shit with the purest waterfall liquids...
nah you're catching me getting a simple beer that dosent cost an arm and a leg, and gets me a good buzz.

If people like expensive craft beers, go ahead, but PBR for me, i dont mind the metal taste ;)

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #2747 on: August 14, 2015, 05:22:59 PM »
25 ounces, 8 percent, $1.49 no tax.  ;D

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2748 on: August 14, 2015, 08:11:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They way i look at it. Im a broke college student who cant afford some beer that is brewed with some magical rainbows and shit with the purest waterfall liquids...
nah you're catching me getting a simple beer that dosent cost an arm and a leg, and gets me a good buzz.

If people like expensive craft beers, go ahead, but PBR for me, i dont mind the metal taste ;)

Yeah i was happy with a six pack of pounders of pbr every time i drink, then i started to drink less and thought maybe try these craft beers or some IPAs since i have some extra money. Changed my world completely, my advice to you is just go to a local deli or food store and just pick out a random six pack. I mean i never tasted a beer i didn't mind drinking so i was always satisfied with my choices. Also stella isn't a bad choice, that dude was probably just super high after inhaling his own farts   

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #2749 on: August 14, 2015, 08:44:21 PM »
these are about 3 blocks from our skatepark, its a thing of beauty.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #2750 on: August 15, 2015, 09:00:20 AM »
that ice is a thing a beauty, if i wasnt at work right now :'(

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #2751 on: August 15, 2015, 09:55:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Then what you're looking for is completely different than what craft beer enthusiam are looking for... You want a cheap buzz, we want a good tasting beer, the buzz that comes with it is fun, but that's not the only part of it that I enjoy when drinking a stout/IPA/bla bla bla.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2752 on: August 19, 2015, 10:20:37 AM »

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/how-to-be-a-beer-geek-without-everyone-hating-you?share=c

1. Remember: most people don’t give a shit about a beer just because it’s rare or impossible to obtain
2. Never tell anyone what they "should" be tasting
3. Stop talking so goddamn much about the history of beer; most people don’t want to hear this shit
4. Being intentionally esoteric makes you look like a prick
5. Let someone tell you about THEIR beer experiences
6. Spending more on a beer doesn’t make your beer story any more relevant to the average person
7. It’s perfectly fine to let someone order whatever the fuck they want
8. If everyone else thinks a beer is shitty, don't argue with them
9. Always remember: you don't know shit about plenty of other hobbies

pancake man

« Reply #2753 on: August 19, 2015, 04:45:10 PM »
I see you read Don't Drink Beer's blog as well?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #2754 on: August 20, 2015, 12:21:03 AM »
Ayo any of my SLAP dudes ever fuck with Barley Wine Ales? There's a brewery about an hour and forty five minutes away that makes a damn good BWA but I think they only sell it in jugs/growlers. Would be amazing to be able to walk into a convenience store and just get the shit any wednesday afternoon.

ZEBRA

« Reply #2755 on: August 20, 2015, 02:00:25 AM »
Anyone had this year Oktoberfest from Sierra Nevada?? So good. Can't get enough of it.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 336
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2756 on: August 20, 2015, 05:44:35 AM »
Ayo any of my SLAP dudes ever fuck with Barley Wine Ales? There's a brewery about an hour and forty five minutes away that makes a damn good BWA but I think they only sell it in jugs/growlers. Would be amazing to be able to walk into a convenience store and just get the shit any wednesday afternoon.

Speaking of these and sierra nevada, they brew one called bigfoot that is pretty dank. There is a local one here in upland called Dale Bros and they do a winter haze barley wine, which is outstandingly good.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #2757 on: August 20, 2015, 09:24:25 AM »
Loving this

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #2758 on: August 20, 2015, 09:45:29 AM »
Loving this

They also have what I believe is a double IPA called Hoptimum that tastes awesome and will knock your dick in the dirt. Like 10.25% or something...

edit:I'm sorry, they refer to it as a "whole cone imperial pale ale"....whatever that shit's good
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:48:23 AM by Dirtymac »
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2759 on: September 28, 2015, 06:20:22 AM »
Hey guys been a long time since I posted on this thread. Lots going on in the phases of opening up. Ran into legal issues and sorted them out. Website is almost up(shirts available) other than that still drinking great beer. Other Half is fucking killing the game and stoked to see beer camp across Anerica return for 2016. Be prepared for TBB. We're coming in hot.