Author Topic: NBDs youd like to see, or can think of  (Read 413801 times)

VictoriousOG

Re: NBDs youd like to see, or can think of
« Reply #540 on: October 12, 2010, 05:12:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
F/S Smith B/S 180 pop out mid ledge?
[close]

1:51

I know you're probably hoping to hear about it on a flat ledge, but how well he did it, I'm sure he could manage it not into a bank. And Caswell bs flipped out mid bank to ledge at the berrics, I believe.
[close]
2:49

Thanks.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -147
« Reply #541 on: October 13, 2010, 03:10:33 PM »
Expand Quote
bs 360 to overcrook into the middle of a curved ledge and then pop out

itd be really sick on a curved rail too but I dont think its even been done on a curb so im not sure how realistic that would be. heath if he was still in the game hed make it look the best. i would like to see leo romero do it but probably sean malto since overcrooks are his go-to trick and he's comfortable on rails. reynolds or chris cole. they can pretty much do whatever they want . guy mariano on a small rail. hes got those 270 tailslides and this isnt too far removed from doing that.
[close]
come on dude you really aren't convincing anyone that you actually skateboard. watching skate videos and playing ea skate is not the same thing.

are you mad or something? first off I skate in real life. not at the level of that trick but I can do some shit. and 2nd off the thread is fucking called "NBDs you'd like to see, or can think of".  its 2010 dude get a clue. people are doing legit bigheel boardslides cab bs bluntslides and 270 backtails on rails and late flips and biggerspins and nollie double tres over gaps and you're trying to tell me that a back 3 overcrook is some totally unrealistic video game trick no one these days would do? there are people out there that can do that shit and would do that shit.

BriDen

« Reply #542 on: October 13, 2010, 05:29:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

itd be really sick on a curved rail too but I dont think its even been done on a curb so im not sure how realistic that would be. heath if he was still in the game hed make it look the best. i would like to see leo romero do it but probably sean malto since overcrooks are his go-to trick and he's comfortable on rails. reynolds or chris cole. they can pretty much do whatever they want . guy mariano on a small rail. hes got those 270 tailslides and this isnt too far removed from doing that.
[close]
come on dude you really aren't convincing anyone that you actually skateboard. watching skate videos and playing ea skate is not the same thing.
[close]

are you mad or something? first off I skate in real life. not at the level of that trick but I can do some shit. and 2nd off the thread is fucking called "NBDs you'd like to see, or can think of".  its 2010 dude get a clue. people are doing legit bigheel boardslides cab bs bluntslides and 270 backtails on rails and late flips and biggerspins and nollie double tres over gaps and you're trying to tell me that a back 3 overcrook is some totally unrealistic video game trick no one these days would do? there are people out there that can do that shit and would do that shit.
Still, I'd maybe call out a back 270/360 to noseslide, back crook, or back nosegrind before an overcrook. You're talking about rotating almost 450 while going up onto a ledge, just think about that.

Speaking of, who else besides chris cole has done a back 270 to noseslide?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #543 on: October 13, 2010, 09:15:16 PM »
jb gillet did it in lordz on a bump to ledge.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #544 on: October 15, 2010, 08:24:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Still, I'd maybe call out a back 270/360 to noseslide, back crook, or back nosegrind before an overcrook. You're talking about rotating almost 450 while going up onto a ledge, just think about that.

Speaking of, who else besides chris cole has done a back 270 to noseslide?
Your both fucking idiots.
270 to noseslide? That would actually be way fucking harder. 270 away from it to noseslide? Also 270 to overcrook (I'm assuming he means frontside) would be far easier and closer to 270 noseblunt.
Didn't cole do a 270 noseblunt?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

BriDen

« Reply #545 on: October 16, 2010, 12:51:35 AM »
Cole and JB Gillet, as COTG mentioned, have both done the bs 270 to bs noseslide. Cole has done the 270 noseblunt, yeah.

and LOL at you thinking there's such a thing as a fs overcrook.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #546 on: October 16, 2010, 03:42:29 AM »
no...I mean overcrooks. the whole reason they're called overcrooks is because you go over the ledge/rail into a bs krooks-ish position. and i obviously don't mean all 360 degrees of it just enough to get into the overcrooks position which is definitely more than 270 but less than 360. do I have to draw diagrams for you?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #547 on: October 16, 2010, 10:59:19 AM »
Cole and JB Gillet, as COTG mentioned, have both done the bs 270 to bs noseslide. Cole has done the 270 noseblunt, yeah.

and LOL at you thinking there's such a thing as a fs overcrook.
Shut the fuck up with that terminology shit you non-skateboarding fat pile of worthless genetic material. My point was that he obviously meant frontside overcrook, and whether or not you think they are real, you are a fucking idiot for not picking up on what he obviously meant.
I also think denying that its possible to ollie over a bar to a crook on the other side is regular, I'm sick of this "no such thing as a frontside overcrook" shit. If somebody said "frontside overcrook" we'd all know what they were talking about, so why isn't it a trick? And yes, I can do both, and they feel different.

Also, I said a 270 noseslide would be harder, not impossible. I'd love to see footage of the JB 270 noseslide. His 360s are so nice.

BriDen

« Reply #548 on: October 16, 2010, 11:46:40 AM »
Also, I said a 270 noseslide would be harder, not impossible. I'd love to see footage of the JB 270 noseslide. His 360s are so nice.
You said it would be harder, but it's been done at least twice, but nobody's done th ghost of lenny kirk's trick. Also, it's in the Lordz video, like COTG said.

Look, it's not my fault that you guys make up trick names then expect me to know what you're talking about.

Also, show me some people who can do a straight-on fs nosegrind on a rail, no overturn. I can think of maybe two, ever. For that matter, show me some people who do "fs overcrooks" on a ledge.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #549 on: October 16, 2010, 11:53:31 AM »

0:16

I know there was another angle of the trick in a thrasher video's europe section a couple years back. I wanna say maybe it was the Jaded video.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #550 on: October 16, 2010, 04:12:09 PM »
How about cab to f/s noseslide 270 shuvit out?
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #551 on: October 16, 2010, 11:58:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You said it would be harder, but it's been done at least twice, but nobody's done th ghost of lenny kirk's trick. Also, it's in the Lordz video, like COTG said.

Look, it's not my fault that you guys make up trick names then expect me to know what you're talking about.

Also, show me some people who can do a straight-on fs nosegrind on a rail, no overturn. I can think of maybe two, ever. For that matter, show me some people who do "fs overcrooks" on a ledge.
^ Same goes for backside, dumbass. Of course, a square bar makes all of them very possible. And if you want to be an anal bitch who sticks to some non-existent inflexible skate dictionary, they are called Gersh grinds. the word "overcrook" was invented by tony hawk's pro skater.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #552 on: October 17, 2010, 01:03:54 AM »
Your both fucking idiots.
lol "oh the irony"
i've seen plenty of straight bs nosegrinds on handrails, gilbert crockett even did kickflip back nosegrind on a handrail in ride the sky. and i actually picked up that he was referring to "fs overcrook," i was saying that the dude doesn't skate because he listed dudes like heath kirchart, sean malto, and leo romero as people that he could imagine doing it. even reynolds is a bit of a stretch, but i wouldn't put it past him because he did a cab back noseblunt on a ledge. plus the dude said he wanted to see it with a mid ledge pop out. that's just ridiculous. if you think he skates, but are convinced briden doesn't, then you have no credibility whatsoever.

john04o8

• Rep: -27
« Reply #553 on: October 17, 2010, 01:32:20 AM »
noseblunts without the lipping movement, so like straight on noseblunts

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #554 on: October 17, 2010, 07:02:02 AM »
ok that list of skaters is a bit kooky but dont get tight with me because your reading comprehension skills suck. I never said "midledge pop out" i said "and then pop out". at what point do I specify where you pop out ? you ever hear of sitting on a grind? I meant popping out towards the end of the ledge. lol but this is a moot point right? because I clearly dont skate ! carry on asshole.

and I never knew they were called gersh grinds I always hear people calling them overcrooks. the more you know.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #555 on: October 17, 2010, 09:46:25 AM »
^ if you're going off the end, you're not "popping out". I think it's pretty universally accepted what exactly a nosegrind popout is.

DGKalis seems like the dude most likely to do this trick in question since he's bs 270 noseblunted flat ledges, more than once. Though he might deem it "gay" and stray away from trying it. Please try it, Josh!

Has anyone succeeded in flippidy do-dads out of bs noseblunt? I remember Koston landing on nollie back heel out forever ago. And now that I see kids doing kickflip back noseblunt popouts mid-ledge, shit like that seems not too far off. Back noseblunt nollie flip back to regular would be incredible.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

BriDen

« Reply #556 on: October 17, 2010, 01:13:20 PM »
Has anyone succeeded in flippidy do-dads out of bs noseblunt? I remember Koston landing on nollie back heel out forever ago. And now that I see kids doing kickflip back noseblunt popouts mid-ledge, shit like that seems not too far off. Back noseblunt nollie flip back to regular would be incredible.

This just screams Pageau.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #557 on: October 17, 2010, 02:11:13 PM »
ya, and??
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

BriDen

« Reply #558 on: October 17, 2010, 02:16:27 PM »
He's probably done one, but I reeeeaally don't feel like watching any of his parts right now.

Some brazillian dude did back noseblunt nollie back heel out in a 411 (maybe the brazillian issue but not sure).

and I never knew they were called gersh grinds I always hear people calling them overcrooks. the more you know.
The only place I've ever heard the term "gersh grind" is on here. Everyone either says overcrook or ollie over to front crook.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #559 on: October 17, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »
He's probably done one, but I reeeeaally don't feel like watching any of his parts right now.

Some brazillian dude did back noseblunt nollie back heel out in a 411 (maybe the brazillian issue but not sure).

Expand Quote
[close]
The only place I've ever heard the term "gersh grind" is on here. Everyone either says overcrook or ollie over to front crook.

Guarantee you started skating after Tony Hawk pro skater came out. Back in the day before that, everybody who called them anything, called them Gersh Grinds. I guarantee you can't find a reference to an "overcrook" that exists before the tony hawk came designers decided to differentiate them from nosegrinds.
Also, who is "everyone?" All your fatass friends who don't skate anymore.

And Gomez, you fucking dumbshit, I wasn't even referring to you in that post at all. Get a fucking brain jackass. Also, your point about Gilbert Crockett has nothing to do with anything. Nobody has once said that a backside "overcrook" and a b/s nosegrind are the same thing. You have terrible reading comprehension.
Also, I never guessed Briden didn't skate. I asked him outright in some thread, and he outright said that he still skates only in his dreams, but claimed that doing it in his dreams was real.
Question- do they let you walk alone outside of the special home...

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #560 on: October 17, 2010, 05:39:48 PM »
you said "your both idiots" (again, lol) while defending the ghost of lennie kirk, so i assumed that you were referring to briden and me. you said "same goes for backside, dumbass" when briden said that no one, except a few people (colt cannon only, that i can think of), does straight nosegrinds on handrails, they always turn into an ollie over to crook. so again, your lack of specificity caused me to assume that you were implying that no one does straight back nosegrinds on rails, with your logic being that they always do ollie over to front crook. i really can't imagine what else you could've been referring to when you said "same goes for backside." i'm just convinced that you're really, really stupid. in another thread, briden responded to you saying that he just got back skating, so it seems like you took some random comment that was probably filled with sarcasm as fact, and then decided to keep bringing it up just to be an ass. you're a clown.

BriDen

« Reply #561 on: October 17, 2010, 05:42:58 PM »
Oh Gippy, you are man who thinks that a post I made about skating in a dream world from the movie "Inception" was true AND YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT. You have no place questioning anyone's intelligence.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #562 on: October 17, 2010, 10:16:59 PM »
Oh Gippy, you are man who thinks that a post I made about skating in a dream world from the movie "Inception" was true AND YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT. You have no place questioning anyone's intelligence.

Yeeah fucking right. You admitted it after I pressed you and pointed out that you don't really talk like a really skater when we talked about actually skating and that you are clearly too large to be a typical skateboarder. You realized it was a liability, and now are trying to take it back. What would be your incentive to claim you didn't skate but that ex-skaters opinions are just as legit? Please dude, your denials are such bullshit, just give it up. 

And To Gomez- first, that kickflip nosegrind was on a square rail, as was Colt's frontside nosegrind. My point is that if a board can go into that position backside where it is called an overcrook, they can get into it frontside. What's so confusing about that? Also, I made fun of your reading comprehension because while the shit I was writing was clear as day, you are too slow and need shit spelled out a little more. Obviously you were too fucking stupid to get that either, because you just reinforced it.

For the record, I wouldn't differentiate a frontside overcrook as some special new trick because it really isn't any more difficult than a frontside nosegrind, whereas with a backside overcrook you turn your back away from the direction you are going, making it a little tougher than a typical. However, for the sake of description, I knew EXACTLY what the dude was talking about. He meant turning a 270 noseblunt a little further so that the truck locked into a crooked nosegrind, but said overcrook for the sake of brevity.
The dipshits briden and gomez jumped all over him, because they are regular, and Briden doesn't actually skate.

BriDen

« Reply #563 on: October 17, 2010, 10:44:24 PM »
You probably say "fronside suski grind" too.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #564 on: October 17, 2010, 11:10:10 PM »
You are regular for not knowing what he is talking about, and don't skate. That's all that needs to be said.

BriDen

« Reply #565 on: October 17, 2010, 11:30:22 PM »
Oh no, gippy, please go on.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #566 on: October 18, 2010, 11:47:25 AM »
no no, you first. Please continue telling me why I am wrong for being right.

BriDen

« Reply #567 on: October 18, 2010, 01:30:24 PM »
I took this picture not even 30 minutes ago on my way home, just for you buddy.

Now just ease up on the "you dont skate cuz the movie Inception is real" shtick, and I might dignify you with a real response.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #568 on: October 18, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »
hahaha. Those aren't your legs. No cankles there.

BriDen

« Reply #569 on: October 18, 2010, 01:49:33 PM »
I guess I'm not as fat as you think? Sorry to let you down, old chum.