Author Topic: The Official Extremely Sorry Thread  (Read 49816 times)

Epic

Re: The Official Extremely Sorry Thread
« Reply #300 on: October 12, 2009, 06:34:21 PM »
Someone really needs to post a link to the soundtrack to the vid.  Please please please

citycity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -105
« Reply #301 on: October 12, 2009, 06:41:20 PM »
Apples part was good, so was david's.  I wish there were more lines, but the video was rad.

Why did Arto leave Flip?

ilovecotg

• Rep: -7
« Reply #302 on: October 12, 2009, 06:50:32 PM »
M
Apples part was good, so was david's.  I wish there were more lines, but the video was rad.

Why did Arto leave Flip?

Maybe saw how the movie was looking and decided he'd rather be in the workshop one

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #303 on: October 12, 2009, 06:51:45 PM »
bob fucking burnquist WOW
best part for sure
tricks are for kids , style is forever

PsychOut

« Reply #304 on: October 12, 2009, 07:36:42 PM »
Screw you guys, claymation rocks.

The music was not great but refreshing for a change from all this Morrissey indie bullshit going on. I say bring shit like Primus back in the mix....Pat Duffy would agree with me

also...I don't think I saw one lifestyle shot of somebody smoking a cigarette. Good.

shane cross reading Penthouse in david gonzalez part haha

« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 07:41:03 PM by PsychOut »

barr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #305 on: October 12, 2009, 07:42:05 PM »
Someone really needs to post a link to the soundtrack to the vid.  Please please please

why? that was the worst part of the video
I suggest watching the whole thing to your own tunes

PsychOut

« Reply #306 on: October 12, 2009, 07:44:04 PM »

Why did Arto leave Flip?

i know what you mean, apples part were mostley single tricks. i loved all the lines his did in sorry, really sorry

Epic

« Reply #307 on: October 12, 2009, 07:44:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Because that shit was sick as hell.  So much better than the music thats in videos right now.  Its one of my favorite parts of the video.

PsychOut

« Reply #308 on: October 12, 2009, 07:47:03 PM »
i liked every song, it made the video seem so much epicer, look at artos song on his mind field part that was amazing too. reminded me of the es' video sorta. louie lopez song was great, TX, Rune, Bob, Rowley were my fav songs.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #309 on: October 12, 2009, 07:57:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Because that shit was sick as hell.  So much better than the music thats in videos right now.  Its one of my favorite parts of the video.
i wouldn't go that far, but geoff's song was sick, and david's was pretty good.

J_Rog

« Reply #310 on: October 12, 2009, 08:01:12 PM »
also...I don't think I saw one lifestyle shot of somebody smoking a cigarette. Good.
There were lots of shots of pretty much everyone (even Geoff, I think) smoking joints and coughing.

barr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #311 on: October 12, 2009, 08:05:21 PM »
i liked every song, it made the video seem so much epicer, look at artos song on his mind field part that was amazing too. reminded me of the es' video sorta. louie lopez song was great, TX, Rune, Bob, Rowley were my fav songs.

dude those songs were cheesy as fuck, TX should not be edited to such

riding bitches

« Reply #312 on: October 12, 2009, 08:15:26 PM »

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #313 on: October 12, 2009, 08:52:44 PM »
lance had my favorite part.
i miss ali boulala.
david gonzales' part was sick.

sergioflorez

« Reply #314 on: October 12, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »

you cant be serious

barr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #315 on: October 12, 2009, 11:46:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
There were lots of shots of pretty much everyone (even Geoff, I think) smoking joints and coughing.
[close]

Joints are fine with me...along with mushrooms or whatever

cigs are just dirty and I see 12 year olds at the park smoking all the time trying to look like Spanky and Jerry Hsu. I'm  23, I smoke, and I have no kids. So I'm a big fat hypocrite. But smoking seems really trendy in skateboarding right now and its dumb.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #316 on: October 13, 2009, 12:41:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you cant be serious

hahaha worst skate video soundtrack ever minus rowley. i promise you guys i will never watch this video again alone except for rowley appleyard and that cute mexican chick.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #317 on: October 13, 2009, 04:31:00 AM »
Just finished watching it.

Don't think I'll be watching it again any time soon.

clamy

« Reply #318 on: October 13, 2009, 04:48:05 AM »
woah is it really that bad?

i watched both sorry and really sorry last night. got so hyped, i guess i'm going to be so dissapointed when i go out and buy this. gotta support geoff and apples.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #319 on: October 13, 2009, 05:13:03 AM »
The music is pretty boring, appleyard's and rodrigo's parts were really good, shane's footage was good, but that effect was not necessary.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #320 on: October 13, 2009, 06:40:33 AM »
The Good:

Geoff - Of Course. He killed it. Has such a basic, clean way of skating-and you can always see him pushing after every trick because he's having fun. Great song and great part. Where was a cougar getting shot out of a tree? I gotta say, the last part with him and Lemmy reading was kinda corny.

Appleyard - I think maybe this part won't be thought of as epically as his last two, but the skating is still unbelievable and his style is so casual.

David Gonzales - I don't know how people don't like him. He skates so raw, has a good style, and goes incredibly fast. What more do you want?

Lance - This might have been the best edited part in the video. It was just really cool. Also-was that Neil Blender dressed in a wig watching Lance do the invert? Or was it Lance himself? Great song, great vibe-very inspirational. Of all the Bones Brigade guys I think you can say that Lance has kept it the most real over the years, and seems like the most genuine skate rat of the bunch.

Bob Burnquist - He might be the gnarliest skater on earth. What was up with the no-landing shots of some of his tricks? Like the switch backside tailslide on the mega-rail?

The Bad:

Luan - Amazing skater, but would love for him to ditch the crossed-arms-squatting-down-before-every-trick style. Also, terrible song.

Louie Lopez - I have a feeling this kid is going to be amazing. He's got Guy-Mariano-video-days level little kid-maturity in style and tricks. Part was a little short however, and again, terrible song.

Curran Caples - Was a little unimpressed, but I'd like to see him get really good in a few years-he has a good style.

Willow - Pretty sick style. But most of the rumors about his stunts proved to be false.

Rune - He kills transitions, but his part never really captures how fast he goes or made it look as sick as it is. A handful of his tricks were insane though. Also: Dear Europe, Prodigy sucks.

The Ugly:

Shane Cross - I really, really, really hate to say this, but the way they edited Shane's part was insanely bad. I guess I get that they were trying to capture his personality and what he was like when he was alive, and to give the feeling that he is in a better place now-I just didn't like the way it was done, it felt trivial, considering that this human being is dead. I guess in a personal sense I feel it is kind of in bad taste to remember Shane in his last part as just some stoner guy, which is kinda how it makes him look. But whatever, if his friends and family like it I guess that's all that matters.

The Eh:

Ali - Obviously hasn't been able to film a full part, but there were some cool things in there. I don't know how to feel about the Pink Panther song, but I enjoyed watching it.

Rodrigo TX - Might be the most slept on part - he has about 20 unbelievably sick tricks. Not to many people have the kind of control he does. Another terrible song, however.

Tom Penny - A handful of sick tricks. Why does he dress like that? They should have just filmed him talking for 3 minutes instead of skating IS DIS REAL OR IS DIS REALLY REAL.

The Editing - was a pretty mixed bag in my eyes. They took a lot of risks, some of it works and is fun/interesting, some of it is annoying and will be worse on repeated viewings. But in a general sense I think they have a success here, and the video definitely stands out from everything else being released right now.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #321 on: October 13, 2009, 06:50:56 AM »
shanes part was pretty weird but i liked it.  i'm not sure about the whole rolling a joint thing but if that's how the dude was, and that's what he was about, i guess he wouldnt mind being remembered like that.  it's a weird take on it, but i'm sure it was tough trying to find a way to give shane's footage a place, without making it sad.

lance was fucking awesome and ruled the video.

i wasnt feeling pennys part but rodrigo picked up the slack.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #322 on: October 13, 2009, 07:00:35 AM »
I liked how appleyard used footage at beasley park, (kf nosepick and nollie big time spinover the oil drum)
bobs part was insane, but his feet coming off on teh 360 flip lipslide was hilairious.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #323 on: October 13, 2009, 07:09:11 AM »
The Good:

Geoff - Of Course. He killed it. Has such a basic, clean way of skating-and you can always see him pushing after every trick because he's having fun. Great song and great part. Where was a cougar getting shot out of a tree? I gotta say, the last part with him and Lemmy reading was kinda corny.

Appleyard - I think maybe this part won't be thought of as epically as his last two, but the skating is still unbelievable and his style is so casual.

David Gonzales - I don't know how people don't like him. He skates so raw, has a good style, and goes incredibly fast. What more do you want?

Lance - This might have been the best edited part in the video. It was just really cool. Also-was that Neil Blender dressed in a wig watching Lance do the invert? Or was it Lance himself? Great song, great vibe-very inspirational. Of all the Bones Brigade guys I think you can say that Lance has kept it the most real over the years, and seems like the most genuine skate rat of the bunch.

Bob Burnquist - He might be the gnarliest skater on earth. What was up with the no-landing shots of some of his tricks? Like the switch backside tailslide on the mega-rail?

The Bad:

Luan - Amazing skater, but would love for him to ditch the crossed-arms-squatting-down-before-every-trick style. Also, terrible song.

Louie Lopez - I have a feeling this kid is going to be amazing. He's got Guy-Mariano-video-days level little kid-maturity in style and tricks. Part was a little short however, and again, terrible song.

Curran Caples - Was a little unimpressed, but I'd like to see him get really good in a few years-he has a good style.

Willow - Pretty sick style. But most of the rumors about his stunts proved to be false.

Rune - He kills transitions, but his part never really captures how fast he goes or made it look as sick as it is. A handful of his tricks were insane though. Also: Dear Europe, Prodigy sucks.

The Ugly:

Shane Cross - I really, really, really hate to say this, but the way they edited Shane's part was insanely bad. I guess I get that they were trying to capture his personality and what he was like when he was alive, and to give the feeling that he is in a better place now-I just didn't like the way it was done, it felt trivial, considering that this human being is dead. I guess in a personal sense I feel it is kind of in bad taste to remember Shane in his last part as just some stoner guy, which is kinda how it makes him look. But whatever, if his friends and family like it I guess that's all that matters.

The Eh:

Ali - Obviously hasn't been able to film a full part, but there were some cool things in there. I don't know how to feel about the Pink Panther song, but I enjoyed watching it.

Rodrigo TX - Might be the most slept on part - he has about 20 unbelievably sick tricks. Not to many people have the kind of control he does. Another terrible song, however.

Tom Penny - A handful of sick tricks. Why does he dress like that? They should have just filmed him talking for 3 minutes instead of skating IS DIS REAL OR IS DIS REALLY REAL.

The Editing - was a pretty mixed bag in my eyes. They took a lot of risks, some of it works and is fun/interesting, some of it is annoying and will be worse on repeated viewings. But in a general sense I think they have a success here, and the video definitely stands out from everything else being released right now.

i think this is a good break down but for me rowely and lemmy's voice over went pretty well with the level of gnar that was going on in the video and for me it was less dramatic and cheesy than a lot of the FF stuff. and then with shane cross, i think he was a stoner kind of kid, maybe he would have become something more in life but when he died i think he would have dug being remembered in that way. i'm pretty sure that the people involved knew him well and were trying to do what they felt he would have liked.

Sarcasm

« Reply #324 on: October 13, 2009, 07:27:55 AM »
some slap dude with adobe and final cut skills should re-edit the parts.
I wish I had the footage.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #325 on: October 13, 2009, 07:42:52 AM »
Also, who was the guy in Rowley's part that did a backside 50 on the green double kink rail that Rowley front 50'd in really sorry? He was wearing a hat.

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #326 on: October 13, 2009, 07:48:09 AM »
Also, who was the guy in Rowley's part that did a backside 50 on the green double kink rail that Rowley front 50'd in really sorry? He was wearing a hat.

pretty sure it was arto

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #327 on: October 13, 2009, 07:49:33 AM »
Really? That was one of my guesses, but if it was him the footage must have been really old considering he hasn't dressed that way in about 6 years.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #328 on: October 13, 2009, 08:06:11 AM »
Expand Quote
some slap dude with adobe and final cut skills should re-edit the parts.
[close]
I wish I had the footage.
I might do this shit this week if work is slow. Bob will be megaramping to ghostface.

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #329 on: October 13, 2009, 08:41:16 AM »
I liked how appleyard used footage at beasley park, (kf nosepick and nollie big time spinover the oil drum)
bobs part was insane, but his feet coming off on teh 360 flip lipslide was hilairious.

i'm not going to lie, bob's part was sick, but some of those tricks were comical. It was like watching a video game.

EDIT: who is jimmy bones? that drop in was one of the gnarliest things i think my eyes have ever witnessed.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:43:36 AM by carlwinslow »