Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 371286 times)

Dooky-shoes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #1410 on: October 24, 2019, 08:02:26 AM »
Expand Quote

Zip zogger 10.75 wide, 29 long (iirc)
Indy 169
Ricta cloud 54mm, 78a
Mini logo bearings

This thing is so fun, I think I’m going to try a Rat stick 10.2 after this one
[close]

Daaamn! Sweet zogger
That board looks so fun! Just too short for a mongoloid like me. Wish i could ride that. I have a board i love, it’s just too short.
Just picked up a 9.5 and 33 1/4. Will post once it’s set up.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1411 on: October 24, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Zip zogger 10.75 wide, 29 long (iirc)
Indy 169
Ricta cloud 54mm, 78a
Mini logo bearings

This thing is so fun, I think I’m going to try a Rat stick 10.2 after this one
[close]

Daaamn! Sweet zogger
[close]
That board looks so fun! Just too short for a mongoloid like me. Wish i could ride that. I have a board i love, it’s just too short.
Just picked up a 9.5 and 33 1/4. Will post once it’s set up.

Haha its weird to go back and forth between this and my popsicle. When I get used to this one, the popsicle feels like its 9 feet long and when I get used to that the Zogger feels like I’m standing on a toilet seat

csb711

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1412 on: October 24, 2019, 09:50:48 PM »
does anyone recall the video of Brian Anderson skating through his neighborhood in New York on a cruiser to go donate clothes and stuff? I've been looking for the video to check out the cruiser but I haven't been able to find it.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1413 on: October 25, 2019, 05:45:48 AM »
does anyone recall the video of Brian Anderson skating through his neighborhood in New York on a cruiser to go donate clothes and stuff? I've been looking for the video to check out the cruiser but I haven't been able to find it.

csb711

« Reply #1414 on: October 25, 2019, 11:56:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that must be it, for some reason I thought it was from a day in the life type video and he was skating in the snow

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1415 on: October 25, 2019, 12:42:00 PM »
There could be another one, but that came to mind right away.

franc

• Rep: 102
« Reply #1416 on: October 28, 2019, 11:03:20 AM »
Where was that clip of BA skating in the snow in NY? The one in which he did a boardslide to fakie on a ledge and then a flatground switch 360 flip? I've been trying to find it for ages. Thanks!

csb711

« Reply #1417 on: October 28, 2019, 12:23:33 PM »
Where was that clip of BA skating in the snow in NY? The one in which he did a boardslide to fakie on a ledge and then a flatground switch 360 flip? I've been trying to find it for ages. Thanks!

that's probably the one I'm looking for. he's talking about how he has a setup just for the snow and rain days

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1418 on: October 29, 2019, 09:54:53 AM »
Love the thread! About 6 months to next time I'll be able to go out with mine.  :(

Santa Cruz Bone Slasher Cruzer 9.75". Got it cheap from flea market and couldn't get over with the toy story feeling it had, so I re-shaped, gripped and sand it.
Ace 55 with Sushi kingpin and axel nuts
Bones Rough Riders 59mm
Reds
Indy 1/4 risers and bolts
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:10:49 AM by imuseless »

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1419 on: October 29, 2019, 09:55:16 AM »

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 462
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1420 on: November 14, 2019, 09:14:56 AM »
Antihero shovel 8.47
Independent FH 149 stock
OJ Keyframes Plain Jane 54
Jessup
Bones Super Reds
Indy bolts
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 09:28:31 AM by Richard Skidder »

ohthembones

« Reply #1421 on: November 14, 2019, 06:11:33 PM »

- Girl No Vacancy Series/Sean Malto • 8.25" 14"WB w/MOB
- Thunder Trucks Hollow Lights • 148's w/Riptide Pivots / Stock Bushings / Thunder 1/8" Risers
- Ricta Chrome Cloud Wheels • 86A • 54mm w/Bones Swiss

This is my first Girl deck in a long long time. I really like the shape as the G052 was always one of my favorites and Polar's 8.25" with the 14.125"WB is the closest I've come to replicating the same feeling. The board is really light and feels pretty solid. It's not BBS quality though and there's a few issues I've seen with the sanding (see below photo). The rough edges made getting the clean grip job my OCD demands of me quite a challenge. I bought another Girl of the same size and shape to set up as a street/park deck to see how the wood holds up in a non-cruiser role. If you've seen my post in the Wheels thread you know I'm loving the new Ricta Chrome Clouds! I'll do a post with my 78A Chrome Cloud setups soon too.

doomhand

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1422 on: November 15, 2019, 02:44:16 PM »
New deck, loved my Girl Coach deck but it was dying.

10" x 32.88" Black Label John Lucero "Cross" Re-Issue
Thunder 151
Powell Peralta G-Slides 56mm 85a
Bones Super Reds
MOB

I'm eventually gonna get Indy 169s, and maybe 1/8" risers in the future

Those Thunder's look like they are a perfect fit for that board.  Will the Indy's have any underhang?

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1423 on: November 15, 2019, 10:23:53 PM »
Expand Quote
New deck, loved my Girl Coach deck but it was dying.

10" x 32.88" Black Label John Lucero "Cross" Re-Issue
Thunder 151
Powell Peralta G-Slides 56mm 85a
Bones Super Reds
MOB

I'm eventually gonna get Indy 169s, and maybe 1/8" risers in the future
[close]

Those Thunder's look like they are a perfect fit for that board.  Will the Indy's have any underhang?

Yes, since 169 have 9.125" axle, so you'll need wheels that stick out to make up for the space. Regardless, I ended up switching to Thunder 161s, and the combination of a long wheelbase and Thunder axles hanging back further than other trucks made turning no fun (felt like Ventures).

I just built this tonight since I needed new trucks and wheels, and I wanted this deck. So far it performs much better.

Black Label Lance Mountain "Rat Trap" Board 10" x 32.25" with 15" WB
Ace 66
Powell Peralta G-Slides 59mm 85a
Bones Big Balls
1/8" Bones Risers
MOB

I just need to get rails and this board will be set. I have 60mm Spitfire OGs with me just in case I need to switch to hard wheels.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 462
« Reply #1424 on: November 16, 2019, 06:33:39 AM »
Antihero shovel 8.47
Independent FH 149 stock
Jessup
Bones Super Reds
Indy bolts
Is this image showing up for you guys? I attached as a jpeg and sized small.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1425 on: November 16, 2019, 06:48:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Antihero shovel 8.47
Independent FH 149 stock
Jessup
Bones Super Reds
Indy bolts
[close]
Is this image showing up for you guys? I attached as a jpeg and sized small.
not working for me, no

hmmmokay

« Reply #1426 on: December 29, 2019, 11:03:23 AM »

The last cruiser I had was easily 8-9 years ago, so I was pretty stoked to receive the zip and the wheels as a present this christmas.

Zip Zinger 7.75 x 30
56mm OJ Plain Jane Keyframes (never had any wheels from OJ before, these are incredibly smooth)
Indy 144 Hollow's that I purchased at the start of the year, with some generic risers probably from AWH
Reds
Jessup

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1427 on: December 29, 2019, 11:12:26 AM »

The last cruiser I had was easily 8-9 years ago, so I was pretty stoked to receive the zip and the wheels as a present this christmas.

Zip Zinger 7.75 x 30
56mm OJ Plain Jane Keyframes (never had any wheels from OJ before, these are incredibly smooth)
Indy 144 Hollow's that I purchased at the start of the year, with some generic risers probably from AWH
Reds
Jessup

just got some 54mm keyframes as well my first set of OJ wheels but I dig em a lot so far.

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1428 on: December 29, 2019, 03:11:01 PM »
via Imgflip Meme Generator

ive ridden this 2x. This is my brother Ians board. He got it for like 20 bucks at the flea market next to his clinic in lynn.

I have no idea why but it doesn't turn for shit. I ride aces primarily and formula 4.
I got the coni full they was 56s but now they like 48s.

I know why they dont slide. Fast as fuck im telling you boy.

I can do like speed checks but they so sticky the wheels are like Nah this is a suicide bomb run ked and were running that red line.

It whips back to regs fs and backside at speeds over like 25 with a light wobble.

I think iys a bargain. These wheels suck indoors idky people say oh get soft wheels. Nah i wanna slide and jam. I get stuck under big coping when i slash.
Hard wheels basically slappy over pool coping.

Good for sidewalks in Allston though.

My 2€ ked

Maybe ill test them on concrete next

Truck doesn't turn i got the Fucking locking nylon showing on both trucks. Must be wheel base issue
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 03:14:25 PM by AssFlea »
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1429 on: December 29, 2019, 10:26:09 PM »

Zip Zinger 7.75 x 30
Reds
Jessup

you got a top pic? gotta say, i thought 144s on a zip zinger would've looked mad stupid, but that pic doesnt look bad.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

hmmmokay

« Reply #1430 on: December 30, 2019, 07:07:43 AM »
Expand Quote
*Zip Zinger*

Zip Zinger 7.75 x 30
Reds
Jessup
[close]

you got a top pic? gotta say, i thought 144s on a zip zinger would've looked mad stupid, but that pic doesnt look bad.

Looks even less like a monster truck from the top. These were the smallest trucks I had on hand which is why I used them, but they feel great.

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1431 on: December 30, 2019, 07:20:24 AM »
Expand Quote

Zip Zinger 7.75 x 30
Reds
Jessup
[close]

right that shit is sex on wheels
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1432 on: December 30, 2019, 02:40:49 PM »
I’ve been watching way too many of those OJ cruising videos!

SC Remillard 8.88
Indy 149’s
OJ Super Juice
Bones Swiss

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1433 on: December 31, 2019, 10:20:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
*Zip Zinger*

Zip Zinger 7.75 x 30
Reds
Jessup
[close]

[close]

Looks even less like a monster truck from the top. These were the smallest trucks I had on hand which is why I used them, but they feel great.

looks very nice man. I’ve always loved that zip colorway, might have to really consider it now...
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1434 on: January 02, 2020, 09:09:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i recently rode the krooked drehobl 9.25 and loved it.

it tapers a lot (8.5) over the back truck, which made it a bit tricky to fit trucks but with 159s it felt super smooth.

i like the extra leverage you get over the front truck, but also i have to put extra effort in to land things cleaner
[close]

Yeah, it's a fun shape. Got one on my cruiser. Wide as fuck in the front and tapers a whole bunch in the back. The tail is really short which kinda threw me off at first but surprisingly it still ollies nicely without too much effort with 60 mm wheels and 1/8" risers.

Krooked 9.25" Drehobl shape
Ace 55
Ricta Clouds 78A 60 mm
Zealous bearings
Diamond 1/8" risers
Girl rails
Grip
Bolts
[close]

Probably haven't posted this here. Had it for over a year now and I haven't used it all that much. The past few days I've been taking out to cruise the city picking up some groceries and whatnot. It is so much fun. That shape is fucking golden. 6.25" tail I think. Sounds crazy but it's really nice. Cruising around popping ollies, throwing small manuals, running over anything and everything, carving about. Too fun. Give your cruisers some love, go cruise just for fun with a chill mindset. It's awesome!
Roisto. Do you have a top pic of this board? Thanks

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1435 on: January 02, 2020, 10:57:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

it tapers a lot (8.5) over the back truck, which made it a bit tricky to fit trucks but with 159s it felt super smooth.

i like the extra leverage you get over the front truck, but also i have to put extra effort in to land things cleaner
[close]

Yeah, it's a fun shape. Got one on my cruiser. Wide as fuck in the front and tapers a whole bunch in the back. The tail is really short which kinda threw me off at first but surprisingly it still ollies nicely without too much effort with 60 mm wheels and 1/8" risers.

Ace 55
Ricta Clouds 78A 60 mm
Zealous bearings
Diamond 1/8" risers
Girl rails
Grip
Bolts
[close]

Probably haven't posted this here. Had it for over a year now and I haven't used it all that much. The past few days I've been taking out to cruise the city picking up some groceries and whatnot. It is so much fun. That shape is fucking golden. 6.25" tail I think. Sounds crazy but it's really nice. Cruising around popping ollies, throwing small manuals, running over anything and everything, carving about. Too fun. Give your cruisers some love, go cruise just for fun with a chill mindset. It's awesome!
[close]
Roisto. Do you have a top pic of this board? Thanks

Yes!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Ace 55
Ricta Clouds 78A 60 mm
Zealous bearings
Diamond 1/8" risers
Girl rails
Grip
Bolts
[close]

Woah! this looks good! mind showing a top pic?
[close]

Here's the top pic. I feel like pics don't do it justice. I was surprised by how much wider it is in front than in the back when I got it and I looked at the pics for quite a while online before I ordered it. Anyway, it's a nice board for sure. Double drilled for 14.75" and 14.25" wheelbase too.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1436 on: January 03, 2020, 01:02:47 AM »
Thanks. Really liking that shape and wide-ish nose. Tail doesn't look short but I think that's just the angle of the pic.
It's really measures 8.5" across the back truck? I was hopeful for 8.75" wide there.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1437 on: January 03, 2020, 01:55:00 AM »
Thanks. Really liking that shape and wide-ish nose. Tail doesn't look short but I think that's just the angle of the pic.
It's really measures 8.5" across the back truck? I was hopeful for 8.75" wide there.

Yeah, it’s 8.5”. I remember checking it myself at some point. I can double check when I get home if you want.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #1438 on: January 03, 2020, 05:22:41 AM »
Seeing a decent amount of oj plain Jane key frames. I have some on my cruiser and I love them I’ve had them for a while. You can roll over anything with with them. I hear a lot about you can’t make them slide, but of course they don’t slide as well as hard wheels. You can still make them slide a little. I skated my cruiser around the skatepark Sunday morning right before it started raining and I didn’t feel like taking out my regular set up if it immediately started raining on me. I was doing lots of frontside nose slides without any resistance from the wheels. Also I like the wheels a lot for wall rides they do really grip the wall

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1439 on: February 06, 2020, 10:37:01 PM »

8.62 BA AH
44s
OJ Boserio Mini Super juice (55mm/ 78a) with Big Balls.