Poll

Should a moderater step in and delete the spurmturd of a human being know as Newspeak ?

PLEEEEAAASSSE delete him
50 (45.9%)
I concur, he's a waste of foreskin
33 (30.3%)
No let him stay on here, to annoy the masses and flaunt his self-righteousness
26 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Newspeak  (Read 8344 times)

Newspeak

Re: Newspeak
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2009, 07:08:59 AM »
Expand Quote
its cool to have an opinion, I think its good, but he can't get upset when nobody cares or agrees.
[close]

agreed

all I'm upset about is that fact that this lifestyle I used to love so much has now beyond any shadow of a doubt been turned completely into a sport by all you automaton jocks who dress, act, and think exactly like one another. You all think you're sooooo clever when you're all saying the exact same type of bullshit as each other. Can you people seriously not see the hypocrisy of all this??? I really want an answer to that question. And bear in mind I'm not asking you for your opinion about whether or not you're being hypocritical, that much is obvious. I want to know if you people's ego's are so out of control that you seriously are physically incapable of seeing it or psychologically incapable of understanding it as such. It's a simple yes or no question. Are you or aren't you?

Newspeak

« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2009, 07:09:49 AM »
From Straight Edge veganism to alien conspiracy theories to Jello Biafra spoken word albums to a general rejection of authority, skateboarding culture used to teem with political thought. Even if you didn't agree, it still made for an interesting internal dialogue within the culture. When did skateboarders become a bunch of airheaded, sneaker-fetishizing fashion faggots who ridicule any peer who dares to seek political truth or hidden knowledge?

And while this IS a skateboarding forum, we're in the Whatever section, where political and esoteric talk is discouraged and threads about video games never seem to die.

Newspeak

« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »
From Straight Edge veganism to alien conspiracy theories to Jello Biafra spoken word albums to a general rejection of authority, skateboarding culture used to teem with political thought. Even if you didn't agree, it still made for an interesting internal dialogue within the culture. When did skateboarders become a bunch of airheaded, sneaker-fetishizing fashion faggots who ridicule any peer who dares to seek political truth or hidden knowledge?

And while this IS a skateboarding forum, we're in the Whatever section, where political and esoteric talk is discouraged and threads about video games never seem to die.

Newspeak

« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2009, 07:11:48 AM »

Newspeak

« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2009, 07:13:18 AM »

Newspeak

« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2009, 07:14:09 AM »

Newspeak

« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2009, 07:18:37 AM »
Expand Quote
If this wasn't the place to discuss the skateboard culture that I love and which serves to keep me fit and sane in these maddening times, I'd focus my account in disgust at the willful ignorance and uninformed blatherings within the political threads of the Whatever section—you know, right next to the 15-page ones titled, "Boobs" and "Asses.
[close]

You idiots realize that this IS a skateboarding forum, that even though some of us are older, it's mostly kids around here. If you want to talk in depth politics with other pretentious assholes that think they're smart, go some place else.

This wasn't so much directed at you Commercial D, but the whole paranoid politic thing around here is tired. Nobody really gives a shit because it is VASTLY uninteresting and 9 times out of 10 just some man-who-lives-under-a-bridge talk.

then mind your own bussiness and don't open these threads. SImple as that. That's the only truly good advice that has been given in this entire argument aside from what Commercial D said. That's not tooting my horn that's just real. I'm merely exercising a natural born right it was your choice to come here and force your ego on everyone and especially me.

Donkey Lips

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2009, 07:24:06 AM »
and everyone on here is excercising their natural born right to call you a twat because of it.  don't preach about free speach just because it's not in your favor, you're doing the same shit everyone complains to you about.  i for one love your posts. i find a deep sense of enrichment knowing there is someone out there willing to google search shit for me for no charge at all.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2009, 07:25:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
its cool to have an opinion, I think its good, but he can't get upset when nobody cares or agrees.
[close]

agreed
[close]

all I'm upset about is that fact that this lifestyle I used to love so much has now beyond any shadow of a doubt been turned completely into a sport by all you automaton jocks who dress, act, and think exactly like one another. You all think you're sooooo clever when you're all saying the exact same type of bullshit as each other. Can you people seriously not see the hypocrisy of all this??? I really want an answer to that question. And bear in mind I'm not asking you for your opinion about whether or not you're being hypocritical, that much is obvious. I want to know if you people's ego's are so out of control that you seriously are physically incapable of seeing it or psychologically incapable of understanding it as such. It's a simple yes or no question. Are you or aren't you?
Please don't refer to us as you people, its disrespectful, you make it seem like everyone here is a clone, and we don't think for ourselves.
Face it, skateboarding has change, teh world has changed, good or bad, its part of evolution. You have to make the best of it.
The city I am from is full of dorks, and the scene has gotten pretty lame, but why don't I care? Skateboarding is about yourself, not everyone else.
The skateboarding industry might have become lame, but you really need to stop caring about what everyone else is doing, or thinking and just live your life.
-stop talking down to everyone
-stop complaining
-leave your politics at home, or go to a political forum
 you aren't getting anywhere with anyone on here. please move on.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2009, 07:25:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

agreed
[close]

why would people who've been skating for 20+ years care what someone who's been alive less than 20 years thinks about skatings direction. you need to realize that skating is older than you are and stop trying to be an authority when you don't have any idea about the company you are in.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2009, 07:26:12 AM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2009, 07:26:31 AM »
dental plan

Newspeak

« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2009, 07:27:14 AM »
Newspeak here are some tips on how to make friends:

1. Do not boast about your abilities, especially if the general consensus is that these abilities are actually closer to disabilities (this mainly refers to your awful video editing).
2. Do not act as though you are more intelligent than people (even if you are)
3. Do not always assume you are right, realise that even when things seem clear to you there is often another perspective to be had on the matter.
4. Be self-deprecating
5. As questions rather than always giving answers.
6. Don't post pictures of you having sex whilst really creepily staring at the camera (although this could actually make some people like you)

This is a lot of things to do and would involve you almost completely changing your personality; it would be difficult and painful at first but in the long run I think you would be a happier person and have a more fulfilling life :)

P.S. I'm also curious as to exactly where on the conspiracy theory spectrum you are positioned: do you believe that some of the 'baddies' are shape shifting lizards? Do you believe in alien abduction? Do you believe in psychic remote viewing, assasination etc?

Keep your ego's to yourselves and we have a deal. All I ever tried to do on here was present the information. I tried not to get involved in any of the pettiness but that's all anyoen had to offer it seems and most of you came out of the woodwork at the first sign of a chance to to do so as if you apparently had nothing better to do. This was too overwhelming not to stick up for myself. I originally didn't want to post anything personal and merely discuss the information with those who were interested or skeptical but they have been few and dfar between. I can hardly be fingered as the cause for this whole mess that everyone is bitching about now. But I re-iterate that I would be more than willing to take each and every piece of advice you've offered here if people will keep to theirs and ignore the posts I make so that those who are interested or genuinely skeptical of the information to the extent that they wish to civilly and legitimately discuss it can do so without having to sift through pages upon pages of hot air from those who just wanna hurl insults.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2009, 07:34:56 AM »
Newspeak, since you're such a tireless researcher, please read this:

http://www.bartleby.com/141/strunk5.html#13
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Newspeak

« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2009, 07:37:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

agreed
[close]

[close]
Skateboarding is about yourself, not everyone else.

That's the thing it really isn't. Skateboarding was a contribution to the world in the form of giving young people a reason not to just blow their brains out. God knows music and organized sports failed miserably at providing young people with that sort of release throughout the nineties. In most cases it seems like those were instead the reasons for that sort of tragedy despite the fact that they were supposedly intended to have the opposite effects. Every skateboarder should feel some responsibility to give back to their immediate community within skateboarding at the very least. I'm sorry you can't realize that I have only ere been trying to help people and in fact showed a great del of respect to the members of this forum by sharing this information that most ordinary people would consider skateboarders too dumb to comprehend. I will never be willing to accept that and it's up to you to prove this stigmatism wrong. You don't have to agree or even throw your hat into the ring but don't persecute someone for simply coming to a public forum and hitting ctrl v. That's wrong in every way shape and form and I can't in any way be considered the bad guy here. All I've done since getting here is defend myself and my posts against people who have nothing better to do than persecute.

Newspeak

« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2009, 07:39:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

agreed
[close]

[close]

why would people who've been skating for 20+ years care what someone who's been alive less than 20 years thinks about skatings direction. you need to realize that skating is older than you are and stop trying to be an authority when you don't have any idea about the company you are in.

I'm 24 and I've been skating for 13 years. I have just as much of a right to speak on this subject as you do if that's the criteria you're basing this opinion on.

Newspeak

« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2009, 07:41:20 AM »
and everyone on here is excercising their natural born right to call you a twat because of it.

and that's what makes you a jock. Whether you want to accept that or not this is reality.

Newspeak

« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2009, 07:42:46 AM »
Newspeak, since you're such a tireless researcher, please read this:

http://www.bartleby.com/141/strunk5.html#13

thanks for the advice.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2009, 07:49:14 AM »
Expand Quote
and everyone on here is excercising their natural born right to call you a twat because of it.

[close]

and that's what makes you a jock. Whether you want to accept that or not this is reality.
can you google me a reason of why that makes me a jock? 

i fail to see any reason in you accusing me of being a jock just because people on here are making fun of you and it's obviously starting to bother you.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2009, 07:52:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

agreed
[close]

[close]
[close]

That's the thing it really isn't. Skateboarding was a contribution to the world in the form of giving young people a reason not to just blow their brains out. God knows music and organized sports failed miserably at providing young people with that sort of release throughout the nineties. In most cases it seems like those were instead the reasons for that sort of tragedy despite the fact that they were supposedly intended to have the opposite effects. Every skateboarder should feel some responsibility to give back to their immediate community within skateboarding at the very least. I'm sorry you can't realize that I have only ere been trying to help people and in fact showed a great del of respect to the members of this forum by sharing this information that most ordinary people would consider skateboarders too dumb to comprehend. I will never be willing to accept that and it's up to you to prove this stigmatism wrong. You don't have to agree or even throw your hat into the ring but don't persecute someone for simply coming to a public forum and hitting ctrl v. That's wrong in every way shape and form and I can't in any way be considered the bad guy here. All I've done since getting here is defend myself and my posts against people who have nothing better to do than persecute.

you are going to end up a biter old man, living in the past. Accept it, times change, you may not like it, but shits goign to be different from generation to generation, staying current an dunderstanding your role, is what keeps you relevant. Preaching to people on how things should be the way they used to be is going to make you a bitter lonely person.

example: veganshawn

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2009, 07:57:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If this wasn't the place to discuss the skateboard culture that I love and which serves to keep me fit and sane in these maddening times, I'd focus my account in disgust at the willful ignorance and uninformed blatherings within the political threads of the Whatever section—you know, right next to the 15-page ones titled, "Boobs" and "Asses.
[close]

You idiots realize that this IS a skateboarding forum, that even though some of us are older, it's mostly kids around here. If you want to talk in depth politics with other pretentious assholes that think they're smart, go some place else.

This wasn't so much directed at you Commercial D, but the whole paranoid politic thing around here is tired. Nobody really gives a shit because it is VASTLY uninteresting and 9 times out of 10 just some man-who-lives-under-a-bridge talk.
[close]

then mind your own bussiness and don't open these threads. SImple as that. That's the only truly good advice that has been given in this entire argument aside from what Commercial D said. That's not tooting my horn that's just real. I'm merely exercising a natural born right it was your choice to come here and force your ego on everyone and especially me.

Somebody started this thread to talk about how much of fecal goblin you are, so that's what people are doing.  I don't think you can really lay any sort of claim to it.  

I do think its pretty beautiful that you and Commercial D found each other though, I can tell there is definitely romance in the air.  You might wanna be careful though, he could be a government shill sent here to spread disinformation.  You still haven't answered questions about David Icke and the reptilianz, do you believe?  Also, do you even know what an ego is?  Has your own colossal Richard Heene sized ego impaired your ego detector?  Something is outta whack here.  

Newspeak

« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2009, 07:58:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
can you google me a reason of why that makes me a jock? 

i fail to see any reason in you accusing me of being a jock just because people on here are making fun of you and it's obviously starting to bother you.

dude you all started this with me. All I ever did was post information and got responses like, "get fucked four eyes," sure it's your natural born right to say that but it doesn't make it worth anyone's time and it obviously makes you a jock if you're the one hurling those sorts of insults for no other reason than disagreeing with someone (when you should be providing legitimate counterpoints instead, if you really wanted to criticize or discredit the information. So far Oyolar is the only person who's properly tried to do that) or that it's your natural born right.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/jock

"Slang One characterized by excessive concern for machismo."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/machismo

"a strong or exaggerated sense of power or the right to dominate"

Newspeak

« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2009, 08:03:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

agreed
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
you are going to end up a biter old man, living in the past. Accept it, times change, you may not like it, but shits goign to be different from generation to generation, staying current an dunderstanding your role, is what keeps you relevant. Preaching to people on how things should be the way they used to be is going to make you a bitter lonely person.

you oughtta take a taste of your own medicine. You think skateboarding can survive in this state? Change is desperately needed to get it back to something resembling what it used to be, which Commercial D summed up nicely in the last several posts. The hollow social pleasantry and constant butting of ego's can't go on. Many young skateboarders are feeling castrated and smothered by this deviant culture that spawned form something once so genuine. This culture produces homogenized people nowadays just as much as mass-culture, whether we want to open our eyes to that reality or not. I believe Commercial D specifically used the phrase "footwear fashion faggots" or soemthing to that effect.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2009, 08:12:06 AM »

do you feel dominated little man?  starring into my handsome machismo face, chiseled chin and clooney'esq scuff...does it frighten you? 

Newspeak

« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2009, 08:15:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Somebody started this thread to talk about how much of fecal goblin you are, so that's what people are doing.  I don't think you can really lay any sort of claim to it.  

fair enough but if i started a thread simply to hurl meaningless childish insults at you you'd probably be diong the same thing as me right now and I for one honestly wouldn't be able to blame you.

You still haven't answered questions about David Icke and the reptilianz, do you believe?  

I have a friend who gave David Icke all the pass signs and signals of a blue lodge mason and he responded in kind.

there are probably no aliens out there anywhere, I personally don't believe there are, but who knows

Also, do you even know what an ego is?  Has your own colossal Richard Heene sized ego impaired your ego detector?  Something is outta whack here.  

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ego

"the 'I' or self of any person; a person as thinking, feeling, and willing, and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought."

as for that definition I have never made my "conspiracy" posts about me in any way. SO in that sense there is no ego infiltrating into that arena.

"Appropriate pride in oneself; self-esteem."

as for that definition I fully admit to this being the case in regards to my own personal projects as a skateboarder and artist. It may seem like this definition to you...

"egotism; conceit; self-importance: Her ego becomes more unbearable each day. "

... after having hounded me relentlessly and trying to convince me that the work I've been praised by celebrities for is anything other than halfway decent, but in reality this definition applies more to you seeing as how you apparently have no verifiable expertise in that same field with which to legitimately criticize my efforts, and are only saying the things you say to hear the sound of your voice and laugh at your own sense of humor. How important is your opinion here really? That's the question you should be asking yourself. That, my friend, is a true ego.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2009, 08:24:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

agreed
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm 24 and I've been skating for 13 years. I have just as much of a right to speak on this subject as you do if that's the criteria you're basing this opinion on.

you realize that people have been skating since the 60s right? you started skating in the late 90s and then started chating here very recently, what makes you think that you are an authority on how skating is or should be when you've only been involved in such a small part of it's history and more importantly than why you think this is what makes you think that others who've been in the game longer and chatting here longer would actually care? especially when there are respected pros who've been in the game longer than you've been alive that chat here along with a whole slew of guys with way more history than you in skating.

it's a rehtorical question becauce the answer is very obvious, it's because you are a douche with delusions of grandure. stop being that asshole and realize your own insignificance in skating.

Hola

• Rep: 56
  • 2NE1
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2009, 08:25:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

agreed
[close]

[close]

[close]

me too, and same with lots of people here, and we are skating and having fun, unlike you, who seems like a little kid on the outside whining because hes got a bad attitude.   

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2009, 08:25:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

agreed
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

you oughtta take a taste of your own medicine. You think skateboarding can survive in this state? Change is desperately needed to get it back to something resembling what it used to be, which Commercial D summed up nicely in the last several posts. The hollow social pleasantry and constant butting of ego's can't go on. Many young skateboarders are feeling castrated and smothered by this deviant culture that spawned form something once so genuine. This culture produces homogenized people nowadays just as much as mass-culture, whether we want to open our eyes to that reality or not. I believe Commercial D specifically used the phrase "footwear fashion faggots" or soemthing to that effect.
honestly who fucking cares? why do we have to do somthing because you felt skateboarding blew up, and lost its way.
Here what I do, I go skateboarding, I do the tricks that I enjoy and I am comfortable with. I skate the places I like to skate. I skate with the people I liek to skate with.  Skateboarding is what you make of it, stip being concerned with everyone else, yes I agreee there are tons of shoe faggots and MTV queers, but really what  does it matter. Just skate for yourself.

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2009, 08:47:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

agreed
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
honestly who fucking cares? why do we have to do somthing because you felt skateboarding blew up, and lost its way.
Here what I do, I go skateboarding, I do the tricks that I enjoy and I am comfortable with. I skate the places I like to skate. I skate with the people I like to skate with.  Skateboarding is what you make of it, stip being concerned with everyone else, yes I agreee there are tons of shoe faggots and MTV queers, but really what  does it matter. Just skate for yourself.

I can relate to newspeak's views that skatings does not have as much substance as it once appeared to have - things often look better from afar. But, there are companies/zines/whatever that are doing it right, albeit a small minority. If you want skating to change, do something about it. Stop trying to enlighten us with wikipedia quotes, youtube clips, etc.

Also, get ride of your righteous tone. You're not the first one to present the "information" you've presented. The opinions you have are as mass-produced as the shoes you're wearing.

In the end who really fucking cares what everyone else is doing. Like Beeda said, just have fun.

crailtapper

« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2009, 08:51:58 AM »
isn't spamming grounds for a ban?

Edit:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:55:27 AM by crailtapper »