Author Topic: Motorcycles  (Read 56011 times)

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
Re: Motorcycles
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
Are cafes getting more popular in the states?  Typically I only like British bikes but that BMW is dope.  We should start a PALS motorcycle gang.  Call it something like the Ton-Up PALS and our logo is a kitten with a huge weiner photoshopped on him riding an Ed Roth sthe style skateboard.  Kinda do him up like Rat Fink.  Oh shit!  To the sketchpad!
haha fuck yeah

I guess i've been seeing more cafes recently...it's a lot of hip kids though which sucks.

Diogenes

• Rep: 10
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2010, 10:58:01 AM »
I took this bike through South America for some 10,000km over 4 months back when I was 18. 

Check the sandstorm brewing in the background.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 11:00:52 AM by O »
I have nothing to ask but that you would remove to the other side, that you may not, by intercepting the sunshine, take from me what you cannot give?

-Diogenes 412 BC-323 BC

Upon being told by Alexander The Great if there were anything in the world he wished for, he could have it.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2010, 03:01:07 PM »
Finally scored a shop manual for my Kawasaki. It's gonna be a little bit easier to work on now.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2010, 07:18:44 PM »
I took this bike through South America for some 10,000km over 4 months back when I was 18. 

Did you also write a book on your experiences and later aided in a Marxist revolution in Cuba?

Diogenes

« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2010, 07:07:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Did you also write a book on your experiences and later aided in a Marxist revolution in Cuba?

Nah, I thought that had been taken care of?

I have nothing to ask but that you would remove to the other side, that you may not, by intercepting the sunshine, take from me what you cannot give?

-Diogenes 412 BC-323 BC

Upon being told by Alexander The Great if there were anything in the world he wished for, he could have it.

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2010, 08:43:26 AM »
I took this bike through South America for some 10,000km over 4 months back when I was 18.? 

on a 125cc 4-stroke?! That's impressive.

Diogenes

« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2010, 11:17:37 AM »
Expand Quote
I took this bike through South America for some 10,000km over 4 months back when I was 18.? 

[close]
on a 125cc 4-stroke?! That's impressive.

It was actually a 150cc, that battery cover plate is a replacement as is the gas tank; I got hit by another motorist from the side at like 100km/hr.

Terrifying shit, the gas tank exploded and I couldn't walk for like 4 days because I landed on my tailbone.

The other guy broke his shoulder blade and completely fucked up his face, fucking idiot.
I'm not fluent in Spanish either so I ended up getting most of the blame, being a gringo and all.
Corrupt fucking cops in small town Peru, they put me in a cell for the night until the guy who's hostel I was staying in came over with his Peruvian friend to get me out. It was right on the border with Ecuador and the only other person in there was a female drug mule who was like crying most of the time and then going ape shit at the cops any time they'd offer her food or water.

Anyway, crazy days. Fully worth it though.

-Diogenes 412 BC-323 BC

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2011, 10:39:52 AM »
i got a new bike.  new old bike that is.  68 hond cb 350. 

if you're going to have a mid life crisis you may as well do it in style

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2011, 10:58:29 AM »
^That thing is so clean.

For any of you guys who know a thing or two about bikes, what are my options if I'm just looking for a small displacement bike? I'm talking like, anywhere from 50cc toys to maybe 200cc. I think scooters have taken over that market these days, but I don't think they're as fun.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2011, 01:08:10 PM »
I have a '76 Yamaha TT 500. I'll post some pictures of it later.

Hexagon

« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2011, 01:18:33 PM »
motorcycles are for stroke offs. just kidding.

i never got into them personally, but indians and old 40's to 60's bikes look sick.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2011, 04:18:50 PM »
stoked on finding out Indian Motorcycles we're hand built near my home town!

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2011, 05:59:09 PM »
^That thing is so clean.

For any of you guys who know a thing or two about bikes, what are my options if I'm just looking for a small displacement bike? I'm talking like, anywhere from 50cc toys to maybe 200cc. I think scooters have taken over that market these days, but I don't think they're as fun.

I bought a 1973 Honda 175 cl Scrambler in Kansas for $450.
Was super fun. Small bikes are great for zipping through the city.
Any smaller than that & it might not be too fun though.

Like this:
[Except blue, and much shittier & I took the fenders off]

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:02:48 PM by daniel »

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2011, 09:02:05 PM »
^I've been looking at old Hondas for awhile now. I'm gonna be honest here, I'm not the most mechanically inclined person and I'm a broke college student. Two factors that completely go against buying something old that'll potentially bleed my wallet dry. I don't even know if parts are easy to come by.

There's a dude on craigslist who has an old '75 CB125 that looks really nice.

I think if I had the resources and time, I would build it up like a baby cafe racer like this:

penguin meat

« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2011, 09:52:38 PM »

My uncle tours thousands of miles alone. Colorado to northern Alaska, and Colorado to just north of the panama. He taught me to ride on a gsxr 1000 in a parking lot, then a road, then a race track, in about a week. Dudes also building a house by himself in the rockies right now.

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2011, 11:08:39 PM »
^I've been looking at old Hondas for awhile now. I'm gonna be honest here, I'm not the most mechanically inclined person and I'm a broke college student. Two factors that completely go against buying something old that'll potentially bleed my wallet dry. I don't even know if parts are easy to come by.

There's a dude on craigslist who has an old '75 CB125 that looks really nice.

I think if I had the resources and time, I would build it up like a baby cafe racer like this:

Parts are generally pretty easy to come across for those old Hondas.
I needed a new gas tank and clutch cable to get mine running & got them both on eBay inexpensively.

Go for it.

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2011, 11:34:03 PM »
A pretty ok site my friends run is www.boltsaction.com. I am surprised more people aren't in to Harley stuff. I just got an 02 sportster that I am working on. My friend runs a Harley shop and we have been doing a bunch of stuff to it on the off hours. I will post an updated pic when its done but here it is how I bought it......

For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
I ride around on a tu250, and it serves my purposes really well. I only take it out on the highway early in the morning though when I gotta get somewhere cause upwards of 75 it gets a little iffy.

Don't have a picture but mines stock so it looks a lot like this,

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »

Just got this a few days ago.  My first motorcycle.  It's a 1972 Honda SL125.  I have been riding it nonstop since I got it, and had the best ride yet this morning.  The weather was absolutely perfect, the trees beautiful colors, and I felt perfectly in-tune with the machine for the first time.  It was one of the best feelings I have ever had.  I officially have the bug, I've been dreaming about riding it every night!
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2011, 01:30:44 PM »
next big investment is going to be a motorcycle license ... shit costs about 1900 dollars here in germany, maybe 2500 with a helmet, a jacket and whatnot.

floop, you're bike is awesome!

DeerTay

• Rep: -5
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2011, 04:06:27 PM »
next big investment is going to be a motorcycle license ... shit costs about 1900 dollars here in germany, maybe 2500 with a helmet, a jacket and whatnot.

Holy shit that's ridiculous! It's like 16 bucks to get a permit in the states! Sharp looking bike Floop; I bet it's a blast!

Rayden

• Rep: -4
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2011, 08:14:10 PM »
my goal is to build a bobber next summer, been wanting one for awhile, but ive never ridden a motorcycle before.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2011, 09:43:27 PM »

thanks dude (and Deertay).  still love my bike to death.  it's only a 350 but the pipes are kind of loud and it feels like i'm going really fast when i ride :)   

i'm starting to get this urge to get a harley lately.  i think it's hard wired into our genes to want a harley once you start getting to a certain age. like menopause for men, except wanting a bitchin bike

digging the sportsters . guess it doesn't hurt that Heath was in that whole ad campaign..    keep noticing the Harley Iron 883's and really digging them.  i like that the fourtyeight has a fat front tire though, but the matte black on the 883 is beautiful
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2011, 06:26:28 AM »
new to this motorcycle thing, but i own a vespa  ;D. what is cafe'd a bike?
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2011, 08:08:26 AM »
new to this motorcycle thing, but i own a vespa?  ;D. what is cafe'd a bike?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caf%C3%A9_racer

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2011, 09:07:19 AM »
Expand Quote
new to this motorcycle thing, but i own a vespa?  ;D. what is cafe'd a bike?
[close]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caf%C3%A9_racer
The caf? racer is a motorcycle that has been modified for speed and handling rather than comfort. Caf? racers' bodywork and control layout typically mimicked the style of contemporary Grand Prix roadracers, featuring an elongated fuel tank and small, rearward mounted, humped seat. A signature trait were low, narrow handlebars that allowed the rider to "tuck in" to reduce wind resistance and offered better control when in that posture.
so a cafe racer is the fixie of the motorcycles?
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

Useful Idiot

• Rep: 24
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »
Built a bunch of old Hondas. Super fun little bikes and fucking bulletproof. Great way to get into bikes since they're very forgiving, simple and cheap.

Here's a few.

Here's my first one. When I bought it ($500)

1st mods

2nd mods

Final mods before I blew the motor.

Stripped it back down. Punching it out just to clean up the cylinders, probably .005. New valves, recut the seats and a lite port job. Electro ignition and probably switch to a 2in1 pipe.

Bought this one for 50 bucks. Sold for 700.

FullTilt151 - 004.mp4

Here's the newest bike I've owned. 94 VFR. I love the whine of the gear driven cams. It's a V4 and solid as a rock. It's considered a sport touring bike, but it's got a little bro'ness in it, but I'll fix that.

FullTilt151 - IMG_0756.mp4

You loves you? Megatron.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2011, 12:55:03 PM »
^^^^^
I want one of those old Honda's (stock).

Gotta learn how to ride first.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2011, 01:20:44 PM »
definetly a matter of time before i get my hand on one of those

but since i'm a pretty tall guy i might go down the chopper way.

something like this 3-4k
tricks are for kids , style is forever

Baby Godfather

• Rep: -24
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2011, 01:32:14 PM »