Author Topic: Motorcycles  (Read 56073 times)

floop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
Re: Motorcycles
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »
^^^^^
I want one of those old Honda's (stock).

Gotta learn how to ride first.

i'm selling my red one (previous page).  slap discount
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2011, 02:50:09 PM »
Expand Quote
^^^^^
I want one of those old Honda's (stock).

Gotta learn how to ride first.
[close]

i'm selling my red one (previous page).  slap discount
how much\were do you live ?
tricks are for kids , style is forever

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »
i live in LA.  slap pal discount:  1300

haven't put it up for sale yet cuz i've been lazy.  i'm going to ask 2000 and hope to sell it for 16 or 15
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2011, 03:29:55 PM »
For 1300, that's not bad (assuming there is no major problems) and you're only and hour or two away...but my insurance would be insane. I got into a car accident back in '08 and my insurance for a car is about 240 a month.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2011, 05:22:20 PM »
motorcycle insurance is very cheap
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »

Goddamn that is a beautiful bike, way to go.

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2012, 11:19:16 AM »
Hate! You think its worth it to drop in on a Triumph? Trying to decide if I want to invest the money and just keep it forever....ya know pass it down to my nephew or something in the future. They are just expensive. I could by a sporty and a project bike for the price of one, they are just so rad though.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

finecojeffe

• Rep: 141
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2012, 12:05:22 PM »
my bike is in this little clip:

1974 CB450.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2012, 12:06:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Goddamn that is a beautiful bike, way to go.

that is a beautiful machine.  congrats on your hard work.  it's a work of art

(that seat does look uncomfortable as fuck, but, i know.. it's part of the style)

if i got to choose i'd take your orange one actually.  it's sick

lately i've been wanting to step up to a Harley forty eight.  the heath kirchart marketing campaign worked

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2012, 12:22:51 PM »
my bike is in this little clip:

1974 CB450.

sounds good.  looks like a fun little bike

finecojeffe

• Rep: 141
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2012, 01:41:01 PM »
it's definitely a fun bike. Small but it can get up there on the highway just fine.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2012, 06:49:59 AM »
A pretty ok site my friends run is www.boltsaction.com. I am surprised more people aren't in to Harley stuff. I just got an 02 sportster that I am working on. My friend runs a Harley shop and we have been doing a bunch of stuff to it on the off hours. I will post an updated pic when its done but here it is how I bought it......

i'm starting to get this urge to get a harley lately.  i think it's hard wired into our genes to want a harley once you start getting to a certain age. like menopause for men, except wanting a bitchin bike

digging the sportsters . guess it doesn't hurt that Heath was in that whole ad campaign..    keep noticing the Harley Iron 883's and really digging them.  i like that the fourtyeight has a fat front tire though, but the matte black on the 883 is beautiful

i ride a 1200L sportster; i've always liked them though, just a really classic looking bike. i always say i'm not a harley fanboy, i'm a sportster fanboy. the 48 is nice (seen the new 72? i really liked what they did with it too) as are the irons etc. but the stock standard 883Rs (like pdtk's) or the 1200R(oadster) that they made until 2008 are still my fave's. if i didn't ride my sporty, i would probs get a bonneville but seeing as there are no triumph dealers where i live it would probs be a suzuki w650/ 800 (which are triumph inspired anyways).

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2012, 10:13:13 AM »
Expand Quote
A pretty ok site my friends run is www.boltsaction.com. I am surprised more people aren't in to Harley stuff. I just got an 02 sportster that I am working on. My friend runs a Harley shop and we have been doing a bunch of stuff to it on the off hours. I will post an updated pic when its done but here it is how I bought it......

[close]

Expand Quote

i'm starting to get this urge to get a harley lately.  i think it's hard wired into our genes to want a harley once you start getting to a certain age. like menopause for men, except wanting a bitchin bike

digging the sportsters . guess it doesn't hurt that Heath was in that whole ad campaign..    keep noticing the Harley Iron 883's and really digging them.  i like that the fourtyeight has a fat front tire though, but the matte black on the 883 is beautiful
[close]

i ride a 1200L sportster; i've always liked them though, just a really classic looking bike. i always say i'm not a harley fanboy, i'm a sportster fanboy. the 48 is nice (seen the new 72? i really liked what they did with it too) as are the irons etc. but the stock standard 883Rs (like pdtk's) or the 1200R(oadster) that they made until 2008 are still my fave's. if i didn't ride my sporty, i would probs get a bonneville but seeing as there are no triumph dealers where i live it would probs be a suzuki w650/ 800 (which are triumph inspired anyways).

i really like the iron too..  realistically the iron is more in my price range.  i know hardcore biker dudes would say that's a chick bike, but i don't give a shit.  i like something smaller anyway, actually.  and i think of all their bikes that one has the best looks (stock) that you can get.  the blacked out engine and matte paint look fucking great.   i like the whole no chrome look...   but the 48 really does look perfect.  if the 48 came in matte black off the rack i could almost talk myself into buying one

i'm curious how far you've taken your sportster..  eventually i'd like to venture out and take some longer rides.  go camping and shit.  wondering how good or bad a longer ride would be on a Sportster

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2012, 06:57:32 PM »
i really like the iron too..  realistically the iron is more in my price range.  i know hardcore biker dudes would say that's a chick bike, but i don't give a shit.  i like something smaller anyway, actually.  and i think of all their bikes that one has the best looks (stock) that you can get.  the blacked out engine and matte paint look fucking great.   i like the whole no chrome look...   but the 48 really does look perfect.  if the 48 came in matte black off the rack i could almost talk myself into buying one

i'm curious how far you've taken your sportster..  eventually i'd like to venture out and take some longer rides.  go camping and shit.  wondering how good or bad a longer ride would be on a Sportster

i don't know about real hardcore bikers but it's the 2nd fastest bike out of the harley factory, they are way more nimble than a big twin and also one of their longest running models. i never got the "girl's bike" thang but i guarantee you it was made up by someone who never rode one. as i said though, i am a sportster fanboy not a harley fanboy.

the sportster you should buy depends entirely on the direction you want to take the bike; if you like the blacked-out look then the iron/ nightster is for you. the 48 is great but the different front end means you are slightly limited in how you can customize it (sportsters usually have unlimited options) but their popularity means lots of companies out there will start making parts for them. i really like the 48 too though, and even though it costs a bit more than other sporties you don't really need to change that much on it (i would only really change the pipes, A/C, the forward controls to mids and the seat).

i have done long road/ camping trips on my bike and in the end it really comes down to how you set it up. getting a good seat, some performance shocks and the right handle bar/ riser combo will make a world of difference. i'm still messing with my bars to get the perfect riding position for long trips but my butt never gets sore on my current le pera seat. be aware the pre 2006 models (?) are not rubber mounted so the engine is bolted straight onto the frame. haven't ridden one but apparently they shake/ rattle a little bit more than the current range.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:01:37 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

starvingrobot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
  • Keep It +
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »
Been wanting a bike for awhile.  Finally made the purchase a few weeks ago.  Picked up a 1975 Honda CB 360T for $1000.  She runs but needs a full tune up.  Friggin psyched.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2012, 05:41:23 PM »
god threads like these make bikes so desirable, but then I realize that I'm fucking broke and I quietly weep to myself. What's the learning curve like on these machines? I know going from auto to manual took me about a week to get down pat

Foamin

• Rep: 0
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2012, 07:44:44 PM »
Here's the outcome of my winter here in New England...

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2012, 08:19:38 PM »
god threads like these make bikes so desirable, but then I realize that I'm fucking broke and I quietly weep to myself. What's the learning curve like on these machines? I know going from auto to manual took me about a week to get down pat
Yeah, I'm wondering this myself - I guess if you know how a clutch works you can probably get the thing moving? I imagine it'd be kinda awkward since it's reversed from a car, learn how to rev match all over again, etc.

I know it's not a motorcycle, but if I get this job I might throw down a few hundred bucks for an old Honda Spree and just toy around with it. Shit looks kinda fun and stupid. I don't even know how to clean a carburetor.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2012, 09:16:32 PM »
flat black triumph scrambler in august. working 60 hours a week in order to fulfill this dream.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »

good to see another sporty rider on here. is that Low a 2008 model?
i have a 2008 1200L with sideshots on it too! still the best looking pipe for a sportster imho ... what sort of baffles are you rocking?

Foamie

• Rep: 2
    • ON DA TRACK avatar image
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2012, 02:40:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

good to see another sporty rider on here. is that Low a 2008 model?
i have a 2008 1200L with sideshots on it too! still the best looking pipe for a sportster imho ... what sort of baffles are you rocking?

There's nothing like a Sportster haha. It is a 2007 XL1200L but there is no real difference. Have no baffles at all in them, just rocking them loud as shit. What did you put in your Sportster for a tuner once you put your exhaust on there? Also what Air In-Take system are you riding?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2012, 05:37:24 AM »
There's nothing like a Sportster haha. It is a 2007 XL1200L but there is no real difference. Have no baffles at all in them, just rocking them loud as shit. What did you put in your Sportster for a tuner once you put your exhaust on there? Also what Air In-Take system are you riding?

oh ok, i think the 2008 colourway was white/ grey? i ended up getting a (country specific) twin tec tcfIII. it's probably one of the techest out there. i was originally going to get a power commander et. al. but my custom shop was like, "if you're gonna do it, may as well do it right".
it (+ tuning) basically costed what a macbook pro would cost but the benefits are:
- it measures fucking everything and adjusts while you are riding (no dyno time)
- it's not a piggyback system that is just adding in more fuel
- it records how YOU ride and then after 3000kms the dealer/ my custom shop will do another fine retune so that it further suits my riding style.
- you can hook it up to your laptop and basically see EVERYTHING (steep learning curve on this one though)

but yeah, it was $$$!!! i ended up going with the S&S teardrop just cuz i love the classic look of it. plenty of other nice looking A/Cs on the market though and apparently most of them suck in more air than your engine is ever going to need so... i guess it just comes down to the one you like the look of most. here is what my bike currently looks like:

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2012, 06:12:13 AM »
Been wanting a bike for awhile.  Finally made the purchase a few weeks ago.  Picked up a 1975 Honda CB 360T for $1000.  She runs but needs a full tune up.  Friggin psyched.

I love these older Honda's. Awesome bike. Easy to work on. Easy to find used parts. Congrats. I have a 1980 Honda Dual-Sport. Very reliable and really fun.

I race hare scrambles which are 2 hour long races in the woods. Really fun and really grueling. I finally got a new bike this year. 2012 RMZ250. My first fuel injected dirt bike. It's an amazing machine.
From last weekends race:

Rayden

• Rep: -4
« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2012, 10:30:02 AM »

Im right there with you on this one. I want a bike really bad and slowly saving for one. Thought about selling my old beetle to fund a bike, but dont think I could do that.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2012, 08:36:02 PM »
*bumps*

what's been happening lately slap bikers?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:10:42 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Rayden

• Rep: -4
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Im right there with you on this one. I want a bike really bad and slowly saving for one. Thought about selling my old beetle to fund a bike, but dont think I could do that.
[close]

I missed this question about learning.  It's definitely a bit easier if you already understand how a clutch works, but even without that knowledge you can figure it out in a couple hours in a parking lot or a neighborhood street.    And it doesn't feel backwards, it's just a bit different.  Anything related to changing gears is on the left, anything related to braking is on the right.   

That's good to hear and thanks for your insight. I figured it wouldn't be too bad if you're already comfortable with manual transmissions. I just need to quit spending money on my cars and buy a damn bike already.

PTDK

« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »
This just came up for sale. It is a slammin deal at 2k. Thinking about picking it up.

For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

PTDK

« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »
Also 900 original miles.

Just curious.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2012, 06:24:29 PM »

hmm this is a little strange, but if you're from Western Mass, I think I've seen this bike pull into GCC?

PTDK

« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2012, 03:47:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Also 900 original miles.
[close]

DON'T SLEEP ON THAT!
Some dude who worked there bought it from under me on my way to pick it up.....bummed.

Just curious.