Author Topic: ALL BERRICS VAGINA THREADS MERGED HERE  (Read 100172 times)

brooklyn brawler

Re: berrics unified
« Reply #300 on: November 26, 2009, 07:15:32 PM »

H8R part 4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #301 on: November 26, 2009, 07:18:25 PM »
sorry but this whole thing seems like an attempt for random people who have no lives to get attention. The Berrics is obviously the biggest skateboarding website in the world, and everybody knows it. so it would make sense to post about how gay it is to get people interested in seeing it to get views on your blog / try to be cool on message boards. Yeah you're a badass cause you're against something popular, give me a break. That is getting old.

Real skateboarders who care about skateboarding wouldn't pay attention to stupid things like this and pay more attention to their skateboard.

i have nothing againts berra and i've said this numerous times throughout all his hate threads. 
i'm only pointing out and showing my disapproval for how berra went about promoting his program, thats it.  

the dudes that stay knocking him(or anyone else)for their religion is a whole other group and i take no part in that.
my post is telling it like it is, not tearing him down as a person.  sorry if thats too real for you.    

sirfinbar

• Rep: -3
« Reply #302 on: November 26, 2009, 07:45:25 PM »
the only reason i posted that celebrity centre wikipedia link on its own was to see if you'd automatically assume it was an insult, which you did. i googled it because you made it your damn screen name and i didn't know what a celebrity centre was, so don't complain about someone mentioning it in passing. i guess it's understandable with how much hate gets flung your way over the internet, but it really is funny how hyperdefensive you seem.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #303 on: November 26, 2009, 07:59:43 PM »
Haha he's got a point borra.

Also you should prlly stay on and discuss some of the serious posts here.

Jamie thomas did that and ended up winning over most of his h8rz and now he's basically a regular slap pal.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

HeadInLionsMouth

• Rep: 142
« Reply #304 on: November 26, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »
I don't hate Berra, but its these little addresses he gives are funny. Its like he thinks he is the president of skateboarding.

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #305 on: November 26, 2009, 08:11:56 PM »

Celebrity Centre

« Reply #306 on: November 26, 2009, 08:54:45 PM »
the only reason i posted that celebrity centre wikipedia link on its own was to see if you'd automatically assume it was an insult, which you did. i googled it because you made it your damn screen name and i didn't know what a celebrity centre was, so don't complain about someone mentioning it in passing. i guess it's understandable with how much hate gets flung your way over the internet, but it really is funny how hyperdefensive you seem.

I chose my screen name to beat you cowards to the punch. I knew once I went against the Slap grain you'd resort to personal cheap shots anyway.

And I've got nothing to prove here. Everything I've said makes sense. The Berrics was created to help skateboarding in some way, to help people like Cory Kennedy and Josiah Gatlyn et al. I've put in 23 years. I know what it's like to live off $500 a month. I've gotten 65% use of my left arm (bet you didn't know that did you?).

streetPirate22

• Rep: 21
« Reply #307 on: November 26, 2009, 09:10:30 PM »
Wow, you wouldn't even know those 2 videos were for the same program, talk about polar opposites. Quick Steve, we've got to do some damage control, you still got that military jacket? I'll grab the camera...

sirfinbar

« Reply #308 on: November 26, 2009, 09:10:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I chose my screen name to beat you cowards to the punch. I knew once I went against the Slap grain you'd resort to personal cheap shots anyway.

And I've got nothing to prove here. Everything I've said makes sense. The Berrics was created to help skateboarding in some way, to help people like Cory Kennedy and Josiah Gatlyn et al. I've put in 23 years. I know what it's like to live off $500 a month. I've gotten 65% use of my left arm (bet you didn't know that did you?).

You know, you're right. I was not previously aware that your arm operates at a sub-optimal capacity. That is truly unfortunate, I wish you all the best in expanding your range of motion in the future. Did you have a nice Thanksgiving dinner today, Steve Berra?

TapLuxiferfet

« Reply #309 on: November 26, 2009, 09:15:46 PM »
It will be interesting to see if advertising on the berrics will increase sales for the shops willing to pay. Kinda hard to tell with Christmas coming up. You would have to compare December 09 to December 08.

I would think a mom shopping for her kid would either google the shops name or look it up in the yellow pages.

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #310 on: November 26, 2009, 09:21:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

still avoiding the questions on free listings are you?

raul

« Reply #311 on: November 26, 2009, 09:25:27 PM »
Expand Quote

from the youwillsoon post on the first berrics unified post
"Watson said...
Fuck dude I just read those comments from Salman. Really disappointed. It takes a pretty low level of integrity and intelligence to rely on homophobia when arguing with someone. What if that Steve Miller who ran Exit skateshop WAS actually gay and "waxed his cock duster moustache" or whatever it said? Does that mean Berra's no longer a douche? No."

and why are you talking about broken bones? i would rather hear an apology to all the shops that you decided to decree as "unimportant."  I know you made that somewhat redeeming More On the Berrics Unified video, but if you're going to take the time to make a video even slightly based on all the people calling your idea out, at least be thorough and man up your wrongful approach. this is a good idea, most people i think are just bummed on your high-horsed, overdramatic, misleading approach. step down to our tier and look at yourself, and how bogus you're appearing.

selling and expanding the product in your online shop is cool, most other shops/companies would do the same. i see no wrong there, for now.
[close]

I'm not condoning homophobia on any level but that seems like a pretty minor infraction. It's more of a goofy term for a mustache than a direct assault on someone's sexuality.

And its funny how once you dislike someone you become the PC police. Slurs on sexuality get thrown around here like nothing and as long as it's coming from someone you agree with it's accepted.

Another bit of irony here is calling out someone on homophobia but letting religious intolerance fly. That's something both Salman and I deal with regularly and no one here seems to take offense.

i really could care less about slurs on homophobia and religious insults on this site, i don't partake myself but i figured it'd be uselss to get people like COTG to stop saying "faggot." i was only pointing out that a respected skateboarder like salman isn't much of a stand up guy if he's portraying himself in that way for many eyes to see, in the wrong context. i really have no idea what he said but i'm assuming it must've been lame if Watson was that bummed about it.

and i'm going to have to agree with some others in stating that you're missing out on answering some valid points here. instead of responding to what i said about you & the Berrics Unified, you defend the issue hardly anyone cares about. can you please respond to that, or give me a reason not to? instead of trying to prove how much you've given to skateboarding by breaking bones and having limited use of your arm.

we know you've given a lot, i visit the berrics frequently, any skateboarding is good skateboarding to me. it's when i feel skateboarding is getting disrespected by the those it has given the most to, and those in influential positions, that i become upset and question it.

Celebrity Centre

« Reply #312 on: November 26, 2009, 09:52:02 PM »
i really have no idea what he said but i'm assuming it must've been lame if Watson was that bummed about it.

Salman used the term cock duster to refer to a mustache. I guess cock duster must be Canadian for "faggot" or something esle haneusly homophobic instead of a goofy mustache term like it is in English. Watson's a dipshit for pretending to be offended by it. He writes a shitty little blog he wishes he could charge advertising for.

"Say you'll give free advertising! Say it! Say it!" Alright Berrics staff--let's everyone get a Slap account and create a thread: Berrics Business Decisions. 

streetPirate22

« Reply #313 on: November 26, 2009, 09:57:30 PM »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
« Reply #314 on: November 26, 2009, 09:58:53 PM »
Watson's a dipshit for pretending to be offended by it. He writes a shitty little blog he wishes he could charge advertising for.

;) ~o0O LuVz yA! O0o~  :-*

raul

« Reply #315 on: November 26, 2009, 10:04:21 PM »
Expand Quote
i really have no idea what he said but i'm assuming it must've been lame if Watson was that bummed about it.
[close]

Salman used the term cock duster to refer to a mustache. I guess cock duster must be Canadian for "faggot" or something esle haneusly homophobic instead of a goofy mustache term like it is in English. Watson's a dipshit for pretending to be offended by it. He writes a shitty little blog he wishes he could charge advertising for.

"Say you'll give free advertising! Say it! Say it!" Alright Berrics staff--let's everyone get a Slap account and create a thread: Berrics Business Decisions.  

Thank you for COMPLETELY avoiding answering the area I, and everyone else, have been inquiring you about and writing about the homophobic slurs when i just wrote above you that it was my area of least concern. I've been pretty civil with you, but I'm going to be one of those grown ass men and become up a 13-year-old for a moment and tell you to "Fuck your face, Steve Berra."

Oh shit, I didn't turn into a 13-year-old, I just turned into Eric Koston. Shit.

sirfinbar

« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2009, 10:11:17 PM »
Berra Vs. Watson is shaping up to be the most exciting matchup since Cole/Busenitz!

raul

« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2009, 10:13:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

and by calling his moustache a cock duster, he's insinuating that he is having a penis close to his face, as to dust off with the moustache. not many straight men are willing to do that Steve. and what do you mean in English? Watson speaks english, do you mean in America? slow your roll champ, catch your breath, and create a good argument.

the next curren caples

• Rep: -35
  • Letha Brainz Blo
« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2009, 10:13:54 PM »
Who gives a shit if you've 'put in' 23 years?  So have the rest of us, for free.  No one owes you anything.  Like I said, you haven't even filmed a legit part in years; that's normally a necessary condition for a paycheck for most skaters.  If skateboarding doesn't give enough back to you then grow up and get a real job instead of being a disgusting, disingenuous kook on whatever video that was where you gave your captain save-the-economy speech.  And don't be mad that no one here buys your bullshit.  It's actually crazy that you thought for one second that people on this board wouldn't see those videos and try and wreck you for them.  I guess it just goes to show how out of touch you are.

Now please answer the gentleman's question about free listings for skate shops.  In other words, please explicitly admit that the reason why you wouldn't do that kind of thing is because you can't make money doing it.  (Which, by itself, wouldn't be a big deal, but when you consider how gross those videos are in light of your obviously self-interested motivations, well, you're just gross.)

And I don't know anything about this dude Watson but you're such a kook for talking shit to or about any skater anywhere.  You have absolutely no room to do so.

sirfinbar

« Reply #319 on: November 26, 2009, 10:22:17 PM »
Good night everyone, I hope this thread is 10 pages longer when I wake up so I can continue to be entertained. You know Steve, back when I was watching you get decapitated in The End, I never imagined that I'd one day be arguing with you over the internet. Just goes to show you that dreams really do come true.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
« Reply #320 on: November 26, 2009, 10:27:11 PM »
Hey Steve, remember that time you pulled your car into your private skatepark, and you had one of your interns wash it for you? You're a real people's champ.

vihreekerma

« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2009, 10:38:24 PM »
Once you attack against slap pals, you know you are going down!

J_Rog

« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2009, 10:51:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Watson's a dipshit for pretending to be offended by it. He writes a shitty little blog he wishes he could charge advertising for.
[close]

;) ~o0O LuVz yA! O0o~  :-*
You know that Watson considered you a childhood hero? And so did I for that matter. Calm down and that.

Chris Jericho

• Rep: 6
  • Ever........ever.......again!
« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2009, 10:53:59 PM »
Being involved in a shop and already being signed up might change my opinion, or maybe mine is just different than everyone elses, but I think its a great program. The Berrics is fucking huge and every kid with the internet that skateboards goes on the site or at least knows about it. Most people only have 1 or 2 skate shops within an hours drive and this means there are a lot of people ordering online. I see kids come in the shop AT LEAST once a week and their parents tell me they "saw our website" and the kids just had to come check out the shop even though it was an hour drive. Imagine if kids like this saw our site on the fucking berrics??? One new kid a month pays the monthly bill, and we get some exposure/business. And not only that, but we're helping pay for something really sick in skateboarding, which is constant free content of everyones favorite pros online. Just my side of the story. Yeah, I get it though, Berra definitely comes off as a greedy prick.
My shop was one of the first. We had ours finished about 3 months ago. As a shop that has been open for over 17 years I can tell you that multiple times a week new kids come in and say they found out about us from our website or from a guy at the park. They come in riding a board from Zumies and seem super bummed/psyched when they realize they had a choice, but didn't know it. We advertise in school papers and through flyers and have for plenty of years. We bring demos to town and have skate jams on a consistent basis and were a major part in getting our public parks built. That being said there are always kids they haven't heard of us and I am stunned by that. It's a new breed of young skater out there a lot of them want what they want when they want it and don't even support a shop 3 miles away because the internet is a click away. You can't even explain to them that they need to stand on a deck and compare shape and what not because they don't know we exist yet. And the kid behind the counter at Zumies sure doesn't care if the kids got 149s on a 7.5.
 Funny thing is that when the Unified went live last week we started getting a few phone calls. Some were kids that knew us already and were hyped to see it, but some were kids in our city that had no idea we were here.
 The Berrics doesn't make us legit...we do. I don't ever use the term "important" and I don't like that Berra did either, but we saw an opportunity to reach kids and it's off to a good start. We'll see where it goes from here.

crunk juice

• Rep: -16
« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2009, 11:32:08 PM »
suspect ^^
Who gives a shit if you've 'put in' 23 years?  So have the rest of us, for free.  No one owes you anything.  Like I said, you haven't even filmed a legit part in years; that's normally a necessary condition for a paycheck for most skaters.  If skateboarding doesn't give enough back to you then grow up and get a real job instead of being a disgusting, disingenuous kook on whatever video that was where you gave your captain save-the-economy speech.  And don't be mad that no one here buys your bullshit.  It's actually crazy that you thought for one second that people on this board wouldn't see those videos and try and wreck you for them.  I guess it just goes to show how out of touch you are.

Now please answer the gentleman's question about free listings for skate shops.  In other words, please explicitly admit that the reason why you wouldn't do that kind of thing is because you can't make money doing it.  (Which, by itself, wouldn't be a big deal, but when you consider how gross those videos are in light of your obviously self-interested motivations, well, you're just gross.)

And I don't know anything about this dude Watson but you're such a kook for talking shit to or about any skater anywhere.  You have absolutely no room to do so.

Steve, please follow jrog's lead and get your fake spots, scientology, and over-dramatic cringe-inducing disingenuous kookery out of skateboarding.  kthnxgofuckurface.

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2009, 11:38:36 PM »
still wondering whats up with the exclusive west 49 shit.
my local shop shut down cause of the west 49 built in the mall across the street from it. as the shop closed, west 49 hired more employees.

so wazz good borra?

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

bandini

« Reply #326 on: November 27, 2009, 12:50:59 AM »
Wow, this thread has been an eye-opener. Bravo, Slap.

Salman and Koston acting like complete tools made me kind of sad, since they've been 2 of my favorite skaters for years, but that's nothing compared to the horror of Berra in full megalomania mode: the disingenuous bullshit called the "berrics unified"; the insults and self-aggrandizement that are his only response to legitimate criticism; torching the dude's skatebook; ranting against health reform on twitter, making a complete ass of himself here (note to Berra: consult Jamie and J. Craig for tips on handling yourself with class on Slap) and, finally, calling Scientology a "religion" and whining about "intolerance." Fucking embarrassing.

The Berrics, with its elitist, self-important, faux-military vibe has always rubbed me a little wrong, and Berra in particular has always seemed suspect, but the skate content is good & I always wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. The info in this thread has not only convinced me that I was kidding myself, but has caused me to vow never to visit the Berrics site ever again, in protest against anything helmed by this douchebag.

He and his kind are exactly what we need NOT to support in skateboarding.

Someone said many pages back that it's about "character" - that's exactly right. The dude has NONE.

alienlurkshop

• Rep: -31
« Reply #327 on: November 27, 2009, 01:26:31 AM »
berra invited me and my homies to the game of skate finals at the berrics. hes tight in my book.

daygo dawgz

X_x

« Reply #328 on: November 27, 2009, 01:54:26 AM »
I'm not going to hold his political beliefs(Health Reform) or Religious Beliefs(Scientology) against him because they are totally unrelated to skateboarding.

I like everybody else just want answers.

Why do the Berrics sell some clothing articles EXCLUSIVELY to a mall owned shop

Why don't you feel any ill will to mall shops when they are notorious for not knowing shit and making core shops go out of business? I'm relatively starting out, and I've learned so many thing's from my core shop. I couldn't for a second imagine my core shop, being replaced by a fuckinh Zumiez, Pac Sun, or West 49. I've been in those shops, and no Hardcore punk looking bitch is gonna pull the wool over my head just because He/She got tattoos and piercings. Yup, they must skate just because they all carry they same damn generic image. I bought the Fully Flared DVD from Zumiez. Bitch behind the registered said "What's that?" So I had to point the shit out behind the counter.  ::) :P
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 01:57:30 AM by X_x »

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #329 on: November 27, 2009, 03:01:00 AM »
forget about the lame, generic little bit of everything people who work at mall stores... the more pressing issue is the corporate businessmen, making too much money and hurting small business owners in the process.  we should not just "boycott" that zumies because it's a a lame place (it is) with lame workers (they are), or that kcdc/exit is cool and legit (they are).  but that's not the most important point, which is, it would be very easy and probably very lucrative for some kook to buy up  a lot of skateboarding's dollars in the very near future, and i GUESS i'd raher that kook be berra than some CEO who gives infinitely even less of a fuck about all our little concerns as skaters.

this whole issue - struggling, skater owned shops vs. mailorder companies vs. mall stores - is an important one that has been dramatically unaddressed by the industry.  so i'm glad that, whatever his intentions were, berra has opened this dialogue and, as seen in his most recent video, seems to making progress towards a more honest conversation.  i hope that slap does let loose all at once all of the vitriolic questions and feelings they've been building up for Mr. Steven Berra over the years, and i hope he handles it gracefully.  probably not though, it'll prolly just fizzle out and not be much of anything one way or the other.  hope not though.