Author Topic: ALL BERRICS VAGINA THREADS MERGED HERE  (Read 100178 times)

skatebort

Re: berrics unified
« Reply #450 on: November 28, 2009, 01:29:05 AM »
hey steve berra could we see some pics of your butt in those cute ripped jeans you wore in the end?

vihreekerma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
« Reply #451 on: November 28, 2009, 01:41:49 AM »
If it's going to be war beetween us and the berrics, koston was lucky that he  got on oakley again! Now they get those military oakley goggles for free!

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #452 on: November 28, 2009, 01:42:28 AM »

edit:
i like the berrics and donovan's show can be funny some times, but why attack the whole message board?
Because the overwhelming majority of the people on here are lame as fuck. The few people that aren't lame don't roast the lame people enough. This message board doesn't represent the people that skateboard. It represents the people at the skatepark sitting on the ledge getting in the way.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #453 on: November 28, 2009, 02:00:23 AM »
Expand Quote

edit:
i like the berrics and donovan's show can be funny some times, but why attack the whole message board?
[close]
Because the overwhelming majority of the people on here are lame as fuck. The few people that aren't lame don't roast the lame people enough. This message board doesn't represent the people that skateboard. It represents the people at the skatepark sitting on the ledge getting in the way.

I enjoy your contributions, but I don't understand why you post here if this is how you feel...

iPatch

• Rep: -5
  • "nothing's free in waterworld"
    • to cheap to buy a domain name avatar image
« Reply #454 on: November 28, 2009, 02:02:13 AM »
...Wow can't believe I spent as much time as I did reading this thread.. fucking A.  I can not believe nobody has mentioned this.
"Nothing's free in waterworld."

mr. anderson

• Rep: -8
« Reply #455 on: November 28, 2009, 03:29:45 AM »
15pages of complaining 'cause Berra sells ad space is not willing to give it out for free? Am I correct on this one?
And his company sold products to a mall shop in Canada? And it's the end of the world?

I've never been a Steve Berra fan but this pointless fucking hate here is turning me into a fan now.
If you haters would give up the pointless hate for a second and really think this through you'd understand there nothing wrong with this whole thing. But why would you? You just love the fight.

manu

• Rep: -100
Re: the borrics conteen expand$ . . .
« Reply #456 on: November 28, 2009, 03:44:05 AM »
Daniel Espinosa!
everything ive seen from him has been on point

clamy

« Reply #457 on: November 28, 2009, 03:44:37 AM »
15pages of complaining 'cause Berra sells ad space is not willing to give it out for free? Am I correct on this one?
And his company sold products to a mall shop in Canada? And it's the end of the world?

I've never been a Steve Berra fan but this pointless fucking hate here is turning me into a fan now.
If you haters would give up the pointless hate for a second and really think this through you'd understand there nothing wrong with this whole thing. But why would you? You just love the fight.

can't you see the bullshit that's going on here? this whole idea was to support the real skate shops, now they're selling shit exclusively to the shitty mall shops which pretty much defeats the purpose. get a fucking clue.

get rawb back in here, this is classic slap material.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #458 on: November 28, 2009, 03:51:03 AM »

I know it's obvious to the brighter crowd out there but Celebrity Centre is imposing as Steve Berra. It's obviously not the real Berra so don't believe his bullshit.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 04:17:39 AM by dean »

mr. anderson

• Rep: -8
« Reply #459 on: November 28, 2009, 03:55:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

can't you see the bullshit that's going on here? this whole idea was to support the real skate shops, now they're selling shit exclusively to the shitty mall shops which pretty much defeats the purpose. get a fucking clue.

get rawb back in here, this is classic slap material.
No it's not called bullshit, it's called business. It's not the end of the world or end of their credibility to sell a line of products to a mall chain. Their business is not based on that. The Berrics is a business, they need the money, you've seen the figures here. Once you need to pay the bills, yo do decitions. Sometimes there no way to please everyone with these decitions. And this happens to all of the companies in skateboarding if they don't want to end their business. The money happens to be at those mall shops and you got to stick your finger there every once in a while. Every company does it. It's not a good thing but that's the way how things go at the moment.
If you'd been in the position, behing the desk pressing buttons, going through budgets you'd know what's up. Apparently you haven't and you don't share the view. That's OK. Maybe same day you will.

sergioflorez

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #461 on: November 28, 2009, 06:10:52 AM »
That entire clip was really good. I don't think anyone mentioned how good Walker Ryan's shit was.

Walker is the shit. Super stoked on everything he puts out.

I been telling niggas shane is the best skateboarder. Now you see it.

I wasn't too sold on him when he first started getting footy and his Am Chowder part is alright, after that I'd have to agree with you.

As for the actual Berrics Canteen itself I think The Berrics should just keep it based off of collaborations between The Berrics and it's riders/companies instead of being a kind of catch all weborder. That way people can just buy limited edition/rare stuff from there, but if they don't like anything they can just go to their shops.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #462 on: November 28, 2009, 06:13:20 AM »

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #463 on: November 28, 2009, 06:25:35 AM »
130 for good shades ... It's not that baad, when your young it's no gonna happen, but as you get older what's another 100 bucks. Ray ban shades sell for 200. And the while universe has those now, so really 130 isn't baad, it's like inbetwen the super cheap shit that hurts your eyes and gives head aches and say Ray ban. So who knows. Plus they sold the fuck your face out hella fast, that says something.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #464 on: November 28, 2009, 07:38:53 AM »
just so this very important point i brought up doesn't get lose in the shuffle of hate....

and if you really want to get deep on why your fucking shit stinks,
an annual subscription to 411(RIP) cost less than what you're charging for a simple listing!
chew on that for a bit because thats how absurd i think you are. 

to add to that,
$60 month is like 5 magazine subscriptions. 
how is it that a printed magazine like TSM can operate like with a full staff, pay for office space, cover travel expenses, and all that other stuff and still charge $10-$15 a month?
i know its mostly through advertising revenue(which you're trying to generate anyway) but its not like you're asking shops to pay that much for an ad, you're asking shops to pay that much for a listing on your website.
the other thing is, the mags actually film/shoot street skating, not post park footage and games of skate in their private indoor warehouse.

so i have to ask, are you completely delusional?  how can you justify this?  do you honestly think your website commands that kind of pricing for a simple listing?  its absurd no matter how many ways i try to look at it.  yeah i know business is business but this is straight up highway robbery.

and to the shops that did sign up,
everyone one of you got ripped off if you consider just the things i mentioned in this post alone.
next time i suggest doing some more research before signing a 1 year commitment for anything.   
i wish you all the best. 

Celebrity Centre

« Reply #465 on: November 28, 2009, 07:56:59 AM »
Faster I get your frustration but I think your ill feelings are clouding your vision.

How is a 411 subscription comparable to advertising? I know the fees can be spendy for a lot of shops but our rates are less than any other skateboarding website. And we get more traffic. That's where I'm confused with the hate.

Advertising is an investment and Berrics feels small shops will see that money come back to them with additional revenue. You can agree or disagree. If you're a shop who thinks we can help then sign on. If not we understand. Slap is the one catching feelings over this.

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #466 on: November 28, 2009, 07:58:08 AM »
Holy guacamole this whole thing is completely retardo.

Could Steff Borax possibly blow it any harder?  I'm talking game 7, bottom of the ninth, 2 outs, full count, and he leaves to go to the clubhouse cause he filled his trousers with brown soup on national television.  West 49 exclusive?  Did anybody actually think that one through before Borax rambled on like a babbling brook about the importance of small business?  West 49 is the Canadian Zumiez, except they probably sell extreme snowshoes.  Borax, do you even think about anything before you open your cakehole or is there some kind of disconnect between your mouth and your noodle?

Margarine ass Donovan, you're going about this all wrong too.  I don't know what it says about your guys insecurities that you're so hung up about what a bunch of anonymous cowards think about you.  Does everyone have to like you?  Did your dad abandon you at a young age or what?

If you get a Ted Degros bottle commander going, all will be forgiven.

Celebrity Centre

« Reply #467 on: November 28, 2009, 08:06:06 AM »
so i have to ask, are you completely delusional?  how can you justify this?  do you honestly think your website commands that kind of pricing for a simple listing?  its absurd no matter how many ways i try to look at it.  yeah i know business is business but this is straight up highway robbery.

Sorry for the double post but Faster that post is a lot to take in.

I've been called worse than delusional so I won't take it personally but we justify our pricing based off our traffic and the going rate for ads. We established a price point and went below market for small shops. And I'll put our Berrics Unified rates against other comparable websites (Slap for instance).

But the best indicator that our pricing is appropriate is the number of shops who are buying in. It's a good deal.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #468 on: November 28, 2009, 08:21:07 AM »
yeah but you know what i bet if you wrote steve berra personally and you were some really small shop on the come up and sent some sort of video or photos + story and you didnt have that kind of coin to get a listing, maybe he would hook that up? no one probably even thought about goin about it that route.

"I heard things can be done"

or maybe hed be a dick and tell you to fuck
i dont know sounds weird to me i havent really been payin attention i just dont like the direction this is going in, seems like more parks less street. its like they are trying to "legalize skateboarding" in a way and its kinda takin away from the real

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #469 on: November 28, 2009, 08:56:16 AM »
how is it comparable to 411?  well they traveled, they spotlighted skaters, they ran ads, and they manufactured a VHS cassette and sent it to me a in the mail every month for $250 a year.  not to mention, they got actual street footage, not a bunch of park footage and games of skate in an indoor warehouse.  

you keep saying its for "advertising" but you're not charging $60 for advertising, you're charging $60 for a simple listing.
if someone wants to advertise on your site with a banner ad or something, that takes them into a whole other stratosphere of your absurd price bracket.

the thing you're forgetting is that a print ad stays reaching the target audience because its a physical product that gets passed around forever and ever, even decades later.  with you, when my 1 year commitment is up on your website, my listing goes down and its gone forever.    
so theres a HUGE difference between a "virtual ad" and a physical ad and damn sure a simple text listing on your website.  mind you i'm not even considering that it actually cost money to print a physical ad in a magazine/paper/etc as opposed to typing in a virtual text listing on your website.   

you think you're slick but you're really not.  i'm not some uneducated skater that pulls bong hits all day like half the dudes you got working there.  i have an actual business degree from NC state and have firsthand experience running several different types of businesses.

i think its funny that between you and everyone else at the berrics, your combined education barely equals a frickin GED and you think you're smart enough to pull i off.  realistically, you'd have a better chance selling your shit by hiring vince the slapchop guy.   

Celebrity Centre

« Reply #470 on: November 28, 2009, 09:25:13 AM »
411 was awesome but they also went out of business. I'm not sure Berrics wants to follow that business model.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #471 on: November 28, 2009, 09:29:37 AM »
130 for good shades ... It's not that baad, when your young it's no gonna happen, but as you get older what's another 100 bucks. Ray ban shades sell for 200. And the while universe has those now, so really 130 isn't baad, it's like inbetwen the super cheap shit that hurts your eyes and gives head aches and say Ray ban. So who knows. Plus they sold the fuck your face out hella fast, that says something.
most raybans (wayfarer and clubmaster) are like 130-140 bucks

Celebrity Centre

« Reply #472 on: November 28, 2009, 09:36:49 AM »
The Koston's are pretty much in the same price/quality class as Wayfarers. For those in the market for that class shade it just gives you the option of supporting a skateboarder.

skatebort

« Reply #473 on: November 28, 2009, 09:49:23 AM »
hey steve berra could we see some pics of your butt in those cute ripped jeans you wore in the end?

streetPirate22

• Rep: 21
« Reply #474 on: November 28, 2009, 10:46:28 AM »

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #475 on: November 28, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »
The Koston's are pretty much in the same price/quality class as Wayfarers. For those in the market for that class shade it just gives you the option of supporting a skateboarder.
are oakleys handmade in italy? i support skateboarders by buying boards and videos

Celebrity Centre

« Reply #476 on: November 28, 2009, 10:48:25 AM »
Skatebort you need some new material dude. Two of the same posts in one thread. If you're gonna take cracks at least be funny.

You, Taxlupferfet, J Rog, and Donkey Lips actually make me feel weird.

skatebort

« Reply #477 on: November 28, 2009, 11:07:27 AM »

Celebrity Centre

« Reply #478 on: November 28, 2009, 11:20:56 AM »
Wait so it's not about cost?

Would you buy Koston Oakleys if they were Itallian made? How about USA made? Buy local, right?

ThatOneGuy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #479 on: November 28, 2009, 11:27:32 AM »