Author Topic: Anyone into cars?  (Read 17549 times)

Bobbito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Anyone into cars?
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2010, 10:39:18 PM »
Expand Quote
currently have in yellow with smaller rims and roll cage

[close]
Awesome. Growing up, a bunch of people in my family had this car, so I have a soft spot for them. My first car was a 280Z that I had to get rid of because of severe frame rot.
Spotted an orange Datsun like this today AND an Acura NSX. It was like the Earth just knew exactly what I wanted to see today

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2010, 09:22:19 PM »
does anyone know anything about saabs? I have a 99 9-5 se that produces black smoke and stalls out when stopped at a light. I've read a little and im lead to believe it might be a blown turbo, but i want to see if anyone else has some input.

red deer.

• Rep: -13
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2010, 10:58:45 AM »
I want '96 Chevy Caprice with the full 9c1 police package. From my understanding, the whole car (from the engine hoses to a skid plate underneath) was reinforced and heavy duty. Sounds like it would take a beating and be very fast. Something like this:

theyre pretty easy to find at auctions and shit, i got mine out of a field and now it looks like this :
i havent really done anything too spectacular to it, exhaust and some minor engine work, lowered it,shaved the hood, trunk, rear doors and antenna and i did all the body work myself.
theyre a pretty cool car, everyone thinks mine is a 96 impala ss, strictly cause of the rims. i also work in the upholstery business so i made these new headrests for it, and changed the whole interior from grey to black.

smally pooperman

• Rep: -7
  • R.I.P Farrah
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2010, 06:05:41 AM »
any of you guys like rat rods?

smally pooperman

• R.I.P Farrah
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2010, 06:08:36 AM »
another one

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2010, 06:14:34 AM »
Expand Quote
I want '96 Chevy Caprice with the full 9c1 police package. From my understanding, the whole car (from the engine hoses to a skid plate underneath) was reinforced and heavy duty. Sounds like it would take a beating and be very fast. Something like this:

[close]
theyre pretty easy to find at auctions and shit, i got mine out of a field and now it looks like this :
i havent really done anything too spectacular to it, exhaust and some minor engine work, lowered it,shaved the hood, trunk, rear doors and antenna and i did all the body work myself.
theyre a pretty cool car, everyone thinks mine is a 96 impala ss, strictly cause of the rims. i also work in the upholstery business so i made these new headrests for it, and changed the whole interior from grey to black.

My first thought was it was an Impala. I want to keep as stock (if you can call a police cruiser stock) as possible. They have a no nonsense appeal. Yours looks sick though. Get it, Sun!
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2010, 06:36:46 AM »
Going to take my car to the dealer tomorrow to maybe trade in for one of those new Honda Fits.

We just ordered my lady a new 2010 Fit Sport.
They did not have the color she wanted any where in Louisiana, so one's coming from Arkansas. lol

I'm currently re-build a '74 240Z with an RB25DET for a customer.
Built bottom end with a GT3076R turbo ;)
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

red deer.

« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2010, 09:51:33 PM »
im building a 50 chevy roadster pickup with my dad, 455 buick engine, 6 speed standard, shitll be tight.
and he has a 53 ford f100, it has about 600hp, far from a rat rod but still cool

smally pooperman

• R.I.P Farrah
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2010, 11:54:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
im building a 50 chevy roadster pickup with my dad, 455 buick engine, 6 speed standard, shitll be tight.
and he has a 53 ford f100, it has about 600hp, far from a rat rod but still cool
i like that type of stuff your talkin too i love the rat style stuff cause its about go not show its raw and you can build em on a budget.

red deer.

« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2010, 04:28:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i like that type of stuff your talkin too i love the rat style stuff cause its about go not show its raw and you can build em on a budget.
yeah theyre rad except now every tom dick and harry are building them, not even car guys are into it these days, just cause of fuckin jesse james and that bullshit

smally pooperman

• R.I.P Farrah
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2010, 11:22:07 PM »
lucky its not like that here in australia yet there still kind of a rare oddity over here that time will come but hopfully not for a while most of the car scene over here is jap tuners or stuff like this

HubbaAdsGiveMeBoners

• Rep: -8
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2010, 05:51:34 PM »
lucky its not like that here in australia yet there still kind of a rare oddity over here that time will come but hopfully not for a while most of the car scene over here is jap tuners or stuff like this

That engine is nuts!

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2010, 06:59:37 PM »
took a quick pic in a random lot of buses at some abandoned building.

you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

RipGrip

• Rep: 108
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2010, 07:17:25 PM »
These are all mine... and before you start thinking I'm a spoiled kid or something, I've worked my butt off to get this stuff and to me it's a bit of an obsession. I've dumped girls over cars and it took me a long time to build my hot rod. I made it a point to marry a chick that enjoys nice cars and tolerates my obsession. I've also owned 3 240sx's and a Buick GN and a '68 Mustang. And yes the hot rod is much cooler than the Evo and the 350!

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2010, 07:25:49 PM »
^nice rides! My buddy has an 04 RS and it's a blast to drive. Only has an AMS catback right now. We're gonna install the rest of the exhaust soon. Here's a couple pics. We also painted the headlight housing... tails are next.

RipGrip

• Rep: 108
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2010, 07:41:41 PM »
yeah evos are great cars. Almost unbeatable value/performance. All wheel drive, 280hp, incredible handling. My wife and I bought ours brand new for 30k. Can't beat that 100k mile warranty. We've put 80k miles on ours and we haven't had a problem. Really awesome car.

red deer.

« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2010, 08:47:46 PM »
rad hot rod, the rest of your vehicles i dont care about cause i know nothing about anything that isnt a chevy/not my cup of tea

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2010, 06:40:32 PM »

I got a few for ya buddy.

Bought this today for my lady. Best $27k that could be spent.
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T

And theeeeeeeeeeeen I got this today for me!
1999 Miata
Bone stock, new top, clutch, brakes, battery, etc.
Need to remove the alternator and replace the voltage regulator, it wont charge at idle.
But other than that, OMG Miata's are amazing.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:44:38 PM by DevilOnEnzyte »
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2010, 09:48:23 AM »
^ Nice! I actually put a new soft top (black) on mine since I last posted in this thread. Also got a new windshield, because I had a pretty nasty crack in the old one. Oh, and I painted the stock front lip flat black to match the top.

Last night/today I was working on my car, and I decided to strip my interior (at least the carpet for now) since I have a new daily driver. Anyways, I started from the passenger side and worked my way to the driver's side. After I got the carpet and center console removed, I pulled the e-brake back up just to be safe. I notice a quarter had fallen into a little gap in the e-brake, so I proceed to remove it... It doesn't budge. Turns out at some point when someone worked on my car I guess they jammed it in there to hold it in place  :o

Anyways, here's a picture of the progress I've made so far. I'm gonna need to buy a new rubber boot for the shifter, as the stock one is cracked and heat, air, and other random fumes come up through it. I just bought a cheap $10 shift boot to cover it until I get the OEM replacement. I gotta see about making some custom door panels. It's cheaper than buying aftermarket and I figure it'd be an interesting learning experience  ;D

TheFreshSC

« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2010, 03:52:11 PM »
looking at picking up a new whip sometime soon. right now, i'm looking at a GTI, lancer evo SE, or just going as practical/douchey as possible and getting a prius. I like the DSG/TC-SST transmisisons on the first two, but the gas mileage of a prius is tempting

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2010, 05:11:22 PM »
nice rides in this thread,if i lived in the us i'll get some old school muscle but it's impossible to get or too expensive to buy,feed and maintain over here.

my 1998 mr2

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »
looking at picking up a new whip sometime soon. right now, i'm looking at a GTI, lancer evo SE, or just going as practical/douchey as possible and getting a prius. I like the DSG/TC-SST transmisisons on the first two, but the gas mileage of a prius is tempting

You can find a lot more cars that are good on gas and a hell of a lot more fun to drive than the Prius. Well, I guess I should ask what you plan on using the car for... daily driver, weekend cruiser, a little bit of everything?

Edit: Sick MR, Manolo! Thought about getting one before I decided on the Miata. I'd still like to own one some day.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:23:47 PM by mcpeepants »

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2010, 03:02:06 AM »
thanks man,i first wanted to get a miata or a Mr2,but i still like to own one one day too.both really fun car to drive.
couple daylight pics:

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »
^ I love how clean and simple you've kept it.

I was bored, so I made a short video of me driving on some local back roads.
Short Driving Montage

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2010, 01:03:56 PM »
^^^
Nice. I miss driving my car on the back roads in Oklahoma, that's difficult to do here in California.

This is my car but I have white stripes on it

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2010, 01:06:37 PM »
^^^
Nice. I miss driving my car on the back roads in Oklahoma, that's difficult to do here in California.

This is my car but I have white stripes on it

In a few years I'm thinking about upgrading to a Cooper S, I just hope they don't fuck the design up on the future models.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2010, 12:28:56 PM »
really considering selling my DD (2000 Sentra GXE Standard) and getting a Mazda b2200..

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2010, 04:39:06 PM »
really considering selling my DD (2000 Sentra GXE Standard) and getting a Mazda b2200..

Those things are tight but I don't know if I'd want to replace a DD sentra for an older mazda truck. I love those things but it would be hard for me to get one and keep it all crusty looking, I'd probably want to turn it into a beauty much like the white one above and end up not driving it on a daily basis. Cant stop looking at this thing though haha

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2010, 09:01:45 PM »
The more I think about it, I'll probably just keep it since it's a 4door. Just get some coilovers, other suspension bits, maybe new wheels, and call it a day. I just can't stand driving a mostly stock car around. It just doesn't feel right haha.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2010, 09:14:58 PM »
If I had the money and the means, I would so love to swap in a turbo 13B into a yellow two-door Datsun 510.