Author Topic: Anyone into cars?  (Read 17564 times)

mcpeepants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
Re: Anyone into cars?
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2010, 09:27:23 AM »
a few new pictures... I know I need spacers  :-[

you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2010, 09:40:11 AM »
hate; come to Jerzee. We'll take it for a spin.

Where? I'll drive my Rambler and we'll trade spins. If you're close to Sayerville, it's a bonus.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

redrum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2010, 04:21:16 PM »

i've always liked smaller cars like the ones above and pretty much any good euro cars.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:25:02 PM by redrum »

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »
^Is that second to last one a Bluebird? I always saw that car as something of a poor man's BMW 2002. Love the vintage Datsuns, especially if they're done up real proper.

I've got huge love for compact/micro cars. Fiat 500s are such nimble looking cars. If they do bring those over here to North America, I certainly hope that it keeps the Fiat badge rather than a Chrysler one.

wedgett

• Rep: -1
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2010, 04:36:49 PM »
^Is that second to last one a Bluebird? I always saw that car as something of a poor man's BMW 2002. Love the vintage Datsuns, especially if they're done up real proper.

I've got huge love for compact/micro cars. Fiat 500s are such nimble looking cars. If they do bring those over here to North America, I certainly hope that it keeps the Fiat badge rather than a Chrysler one.

It's a Datsun 1600

bridgeman

• Rep: 2
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2010, 05:53:21 PM »
god damn that 31 highboy is fucking badass... one day I'll build a hot rod. and a mk1 golf. and a skyline r31. I need to figure out how to make a living doing this shit.

I can't wait, sometime in the next two weeks or so I'll bring my car out from storage!
-------------------------------------------------------------
My name is Cadillac Clifton Santiago
At the bodega, I need a fat sandwich major

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2010, 07:53:38 AM »
god damn that 31 highboy is fucking badass... one day I'll build a hot rod. and a mk1 golf. and a skyline r31. I need to figure out how to make a living doing this shit.

I can't wait, sometime in the next two weeks or so I'll bring my car out from storage!
I feel ya buddy

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2010, 08:16:22 AM »
i've always liked smaller cars like the ones above and pretty much any good euro cars.

^I'd love to have any of those as a DD.

kinky john

• Rep: 39
  • I do not spook easily
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2010, 09:51:28 AM »
I am probably one of the more insane people on here when it comes to automobiles. I am completely obsessed with anything that moves out quick. I mkae my living as an artist so doing mechanical work balances me out. I love turning wrenches and welding stuff. I'm 31 and I've owned a Grand National, 3 240sx's (two of them turbo), an Evo VIII, a 1968 Mustang, and I am currently wrapping up the build of my '31 Ford coupe. Check it...

Thats quality. Hats off to you sir!
Quote from: lipscantgo on April 15, 2009, 02:30:26 PM
Females now know to NEVER text Jereme before breakfast. He laid it down.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2010, 05:01:45 AM »
for some reason, my car looks really clean in this picture but I hadn't washed it in weeks.

and I got bored recently so I painted my wheels bronze.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2010, 07:23:04 AM »
I'm 32 and I don't even have a license. Weak.

'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2010, 08:38:49 AM »
just sold my car on Monday :(. I was better of though and now have a low-key gray Camry that has plenty of room and attracts no cops  :).

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2010, 04:15:13 PM »
for some reason, my car looks really clean in this picture but I hadn't washed it in weeks.

and I got bored recently so I painted my wheels bronze.

Nice Miata.
I did all the work on this MSM.
Tien coils, 15x9 +36 949Racing 6UL wheels, Hydra nemesis ecu, RC 550's, and the Flyin' Miata big enchilada

I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2010, 08:30:41 AM »
how much boost is that thing on? looks awesome!!

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2010, 08:48:44 AM »
Nice Miata.
I did all the work on this MSM.
Tien coils, 15x9 +36 949Racing 6UL wheels, Hydra nemesis ecu, RC 550's, and the Flyin' Miata big enchilada

and that NB is cleeeeeeean! did you or the owner roll the fenders a bit to fit 9's? I'm really thinkin about getting some 6ul's for my car, but still indecisive on width.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2010, 05:23:34 PM »
every time i come to this thread it makes me realize how poor i am, but good looks on those miatas fellers

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2010, 12:17:25 AM »
This got me stoked: I am currently living in Switzerland but my drivers license is from Austria. I lost it 3 months ago and to get a new one I would have to go through so much bureaucratic bs and also it's only possible to get it back in Austria. I was also scared I wouldn't get a new one because you are obligated to trade it for a swiss one withing one year of moving here. However I filed a lost-report at the police and planned on getting a new one in summer. Then 2 weeks ago my mum called me and told me she got a letter from austrian police in my name and opened it because she was scared I had done something or whatknows. Turns out somehow my lost license travelled back to vienna and she picked it up for me. I was so relieved.

What bummed me out  a bit is that even though I'm the youngest of my brothers I was to first one to get the license and my mom was always hesitant to let me drive her car. This fall my brother got his license and two weeks after he got it, my mom gave him her car and now drives her bike everywhere. Now I make fun of it and say that she loves him more than me... it's a boring looking mazda that is fun to drive though. Once I have money I'll get an Audi though.
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2010, 06:09:37 PM »
every time i come to this thread it makes me realize how poor i am, but good looks on those miatas fellers

thanks!

here's a quick picture of me next to a buddy's evo.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 06:12:21 PM by mcpeepants »

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2010, 06:31:15 PM »
this thread makes me miss my car.. shittt.

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2010, 05:01:16 AM »
how much boost is that thing on? looks awesome!!

On 12psi with a little timing advance thrown in it, put down 200whp/220wtq
For some reason, I never could figure out, I had a little hiccup around 4,000 rpms.
Ended up being in the Hydra itself, and was able to tune it out.

Quote from: mcpeepants

and that NB is cleeeeeeean! did you or the owner roll the fenders a bit to fit 9's? I'm really thinkin about getting some 6ul's for my car, but still indecisive on width.

With the 15x9's, the +36 offset was still pretty conservatve.
I gave the rear wheels a touch of negative camber (-1.2, when stock was -0.9) and that made them fit perfect, even when being slammed. Front was a perfect fit, no rub at all.
Eventually did roll the fenders slightly to prevent wheel/fender contact during hard cornering.

He sold that car recently :( to a guy in Connecticut :(
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2010, 07:39:16 AM »
I drive a 2000 ford taurus. Its a car, I won't complain.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2010, 09:00:40 AM »
I want '96 Chevy Caprice with the full 9c1 police package. From my understanding, the whole car (from the engine hoses to a skid plate underneath) was reinforced and heavy duty. Sounds like it would take a beating and be very fast. Something like this:
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

dlx111

• Rep: -58
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2010, 10:28:28 AM »
currently have in yellow with smaller rims and roll cage

looking to get any 3 series really cause i heard insurance on a 3 series is relatively cheap

if i get im turning it into

one of my dream cars

nother dream car

i really wished i lived in the uk though cause you can get rally ready and gt cars for nothing compared to over here.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2010, 08:30:41 PM »
I would love to have a Datsun like that. I'd probably have to move out west for it to not turn to shit considering the winters we have here.

nother dream car

i really wished i lived in the uk though cause you can get rally ready and gt cars for nothing compared to over here.
There's this wealthy dude around where I live who has one of these. I think his kids went to my high school or something, but it is fucking sick. Looks like a shoe.

Anybody here have a short-throw shifter in their car? I like the neat and tidy appearance of a smaller and shorter shift knob/stick compared to my stock one. How easy are they to install? A shorter throw would be a nice benefit too.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:34:19 PM by Smell Good »

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2010, 09:44:29 PM »
Anybody here have a short-throw shifter in their car? I like the neat and tidy appearance of a smaller and shorter shift knob/stick compared to my stock one. How easy are they to install? A shorter throw would be a nice benefit too.

I installed one in my last car. It wasn't too bad. We had to get under the car, unbolt the shifter, slide the new one in place, bolt it in, and it was done.

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2010, 10:58:25 PM »
I would love nothing more than to have a Datsun like that. I can't wait to have a real job and be able to start dumping serious money into a car build..

dlx111

• Rep: -58
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2010, 10:50:47 AM »
i just read on a couple forums that insurance for a 240z like mine should be relatively inexpensive even for a first time driver cause im 17 and under my parents. i think anything newer will definetely be more expensive then a 72 hoopty.

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2010, 11:07:41 AM »

Awesome. Growing up, a bunch of people in my family had this car, so I have a soft spot for them. My first car was a 280Z that I had to get rid of because of severe frame rot.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2010, 06:41:05 PM »
Going to take my car to the dealer tomorrow to maybe trade in for one of those new Honda Fits.

Sadly, the trade in value isn't a lot.  :-\

It's a '00 Toyota Celica GT-S. Pretty rare since its got the more powerful engine, 6 speed, drilled pedals...

If I do trade it, I'm gonna miss the little guy. It's so fun to drive. I always like to brag about how the Lotus Elise uses the same engine...

HubbaAdsGiveMeBoners

• Rep: -8
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2010, 06:59:04 AM »
My whips