Author Topic: LOST TONIGHT!  (Read 14934 times)

cowmoolester

Re: LOST TONIGHT!
« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2010, 08:32:53 PM »
Were they all dead in Purgatory?

What the fuck just happened

FUCK

loophole

« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2010, 08:33:20 PM »
wait wat

MyUserName

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2010, 08:36:05 PM »
Oh boy. ABC better tighten their security tomorrow - a lot of people are not going to be happy with that.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2010, 08:52:04 PM »
Somebody please explain to me what the significance of Walt and Aaron are again? I must've missed that part while I was up getting a beer.

To elaborate - no the island wasn't purgatory. The island experience was real and the most significant experience of all their lives.  They all died from the real world (island world) in separate times.  Since the afterlife has no chronological order - as they died, their "souls" emerged in a waiting period which formed the Alternate Time Line (the world as if they landed on 815 in LAX unharmed [this is most similar to purgatory]). The fact that they all lived separate lives is implied by the exchange between Hurley and Ben at the church - showing that they did live on the island and keep order for some time. Jack died in the jungle. Kate, Sawyer and the others, maybe they crashed, maybe they escaped.  The implied direction is that the island experience was so important to them all, that they waited to meet with each other before they ventured into the after life.

They did a terrific job explaining the alternate time line. They did a piss poor job of explaining any of the questions viewers had prior to season 5.

The alternate ending ends with Kate giving God a blowjob.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2010, 10:15:47 PM »
Somebody please explain to me what the significance of Walt and Aaron are again? I must've missed that part while I was up getting a beer.

To elaborate - no the island wasn't purgatory. The island experience was real and the most significant experience of all their lives.  They all died from the real world (island world) in separate times.  Since the afterlife has no chronological order - as they died, their "souls" emerged in a waiting period which formed the Alternate Time Line (the world as if they landed on 815 in LAX unharmed [this is most similar to purgatory]). The fact that they all lived separate lives is implied by the exchange between Hurley and Ben at the church - showing that they did live on the island and keep order for some time. Jack died in the jungle. Kate, Sawyer and the others, maybe they crashed, maybe they escaped.  The implied direction is that the island experience was so important to them all, that they waited to meet with each other before they ventured into the after life.

They did a terrific job explaining the alternate time line. They did a piss poor job of explaining any of the questions viewers had prior to season 5.

^^^^^ what he said. as for sawyer, kate etc, the wreckage they showed during the credits could have been their plane... i didnt pay close enough attention to detail.

lighting

• Rep: -19
« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2010, 11:35:12 PM »

this one goes out to the homies
then I wuz
couchlocked
til' tha
morning

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #216 on: May 24, 2010, 12:30:24 AM »
i liked it, it sure had its flaws but i dont know how they could have ended it another way.

sectachrome

• Rep: 41
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2010, 12:32:40 AM »
wait wat

I think this sums up the entire LOST series.

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2010, 01:28:52 AM »
what about walt?????
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2010, 05:50:56 AM »

This is how I interpreted it as well. I really wish they would have explored more of the history of the island, the others, the Egyptian statue, etc. From what someone has told me they have filmed a bunch of other scenes that were supposed to be in the finale but weren't, some dealing with these things. Also, I guess there are alternate endings as well. I really wish that when Jack was in the funeral home and talking to Christian, saying "but... you're dead?" That Christian would have turned out to be the smoke monster, who somehow made it into the world through Jack killing him on the island, and then stabbing Jack in that reality.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2010, 06:00:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

^^^^^ what he said. as for sawyer, kate etc, the wreckage they showed during the credits could have been their plane... i didnt pay close enough attention to detail.

That'd be such a bummer! Just as Richard sheds immortality and develops a will to live, DEAD. I was really hoping they'd have given a little intel as to what happened to the island escapees, now that you point that out, I really hope that's not what went down. And speaking of Richard, I didn't notice him in that church at the end. I only assume that him getting a gray hair after Jacob died = he's aging now.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2010, 06:36:38 AM »
I swore I saw Oceanic branding on the wreckage after the credits, and I know I saw the color blue, so I'm guessing that's the original wreckage where they came from, just aged and empty.

I did a bit of poking around the interweb and sites are claiming the DVDs will have 15-20 minutes or more, of footage closing some of the plot holes and answering questions from the island.  That's awesome if that's true.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2010, 06:56:37 AM »
^probably so they can take your money.

having no real sense of time and space pretty much explains most of the madness.
i was  expecting more but eh.     

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2010, 07:10:55 AM »
I can't believe I sat through an entire episode of Jimmy Kimmel afterward.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2010, 07:15:28 AM »
I can't believe I sat through an entire episode of Jimmy Kimmel afterward.

say word.  i really thought there would be real alternate endings not some bullshit. 

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: May 24, 2010, 07:18:33 AM »
There's still the question I have - if the MIB can only impersonate people who are dead on the island...how did Walt appear soaking wet before Shannon was shot? How did Walt appear to John Locke while he was bleeding out in the mass grave and saying "We have work to do John". What the fuck, WALLLLT.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: May 24, 2010, 07:26:56 AM »
walt will never be explained.  i think they wrote him off the show because he grew up too fast.  i'm not sure exactly how many days(108 days according to most) they were stuck on the island but seeing how walt grew like 3 feet in the 6 years the show was aired, i don't think anyone would've bought it.     

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #227 on: May 24, 2010, 08:07:06 AM »
Walt's big secret turned out to be that he wasn't important at all. Tee hee. But yeah I agree with the above, as to why he wasn't in the finale/rest of series.

Also:

WALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #228 on: May 24, 2010, 08:22:26 AM »
No Walt's importance will be revealed in the extra 20 minutes on the DVD features. I wish I could find an exact quote but I read it on DarkUFO.

I really enjoyed the ending, it was all about the characters we've watched from the beginning and about them finally finding peace. It wasn't about the mysteries anymore, and it was shot really beautifully. How fucking epic was that flying punch scene on the cliffside with John and Jack? I'm bummed I didn't guess MIB's name right, it's Samuel. Richard wasn't in the final scene because he wasn't on Oceanic 815, which is the reason why I don't think Helen was there with Locke. She'll join him at some point I hope. That episode was super moving, my eyes were killing me. I think this was also the first time an episode made complete sense to me.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: May 24, 2010, 08:39:53 AM »
The church was the spot where the connected souls could find closure.  Helen didn't show up because she had no baggage from the involvement with the flight/island.  Conversly, Penny DID show up because of her struggle to find/keep Desmond and her conflicts with her father Charles. Even though she never went there, she did have some heavy ties to it.  Now that they've all reconnected and said their final group good byes, they're ready to move onto the next existance.

Ben stayed outside the church to atone for his sins and spend time sorting his issues out, as the new father role to Alex and husband to Danielle.

I think it can be assumed that even though not all of the flight 815 survivors were shown on camera, they are in the church. Maybe the exceptions being Ana Lucia, since she committed some murder, and Michael (forced to live out on the island for his sins).

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #230 on: May 24, 2010, 11:54:59 AM »
No Walt's importance will be revealed in the extra 20 minutes on the DVD features. I wish I could find an exact quote but I read it on DarkUFO.

I really enjoyed the ending, it was all about the characters we've watched from the beginning and about them finally finding peace. It wasn't about the mysteries anymore, and it was shot really beautifully. How fucking epic was that flying punch scene on the cliffside with John and Jack? I'm bummed I didn't guess MIB's name right, it's Samuel. Richard wasn't in the final scene because he wasn't on Oceanic 815, which is the reason why I don't think Helen was there with Locke. She'll join him at some point I hope. That episode was super moving, my eyes were killing me. I think this was also the first time an episode made complete sense to me.

that punch was on some x-men shit, I was expecting a drawn out fight of epic proportions but instead I got lots of drawn out hugs. I really hope that 15-20 minutes of bonus/necessary really happens because I think walt had the same kind of electromagnetic resistence/attraction that desmond had which was why they were interested in him in the first place but theres no way to be sure of that.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: May 24, 2010, 12:27:22 PM »
they might explain walts importance but there aren't going to be scenes with him in it.
for a sec, i thought the ending was going to be walt reading some book titled LOST on the plane, and created the entire situation in his mind.     

loophole

« Reply #232 on: May 24, 2010, 12:34:51 PM »
what bothered me about the ending is that it was so faith/afterlife based, whereas throughout the show (or atleast JJ's run of it) there was a good balance between science and faith. as an atheist i cringed a little at the end.

cowmoolester

« Reply #233 on: May 24, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »
I like the ending more having more time to think about it, but I was still bummed about it, when Christian opened those doors to the white 'afterlife/heaven' area I put my hand to my face and screamed NO, I did really like the last shot of Jack looking up at the plane

saving footage for some random extra easter egg on a DVD? Fuck them. put it in the show if it actually matters, not to tickle some fanboys curious clitoris

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #234 on: May 24, 2010, 12:54:17 PM »
what bothered me about the ending is that it was so faith/afterlife based, whereas throughout the show (or atleast JJ's run of it) there was a good balance between science and faith. as an atheist i cringed a little at the end.

Yeah that bummed me out a little bit as well.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2010, 04:02:07 PM »
ending the last episode with jack's eye closing as a bookend to the first episode starting with his eye opening was just about all i liked about the finale. still though, in total one of the best shows ever. maybe the finale will grow on me with repeated watches. but seinfeld's sure didn't...

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: May 24, 2010, 08:10:48 PM »
Watched it again, thought on it, realized I don't really want to know the science behind the islands mystery. The characters never learned it fully, so I why should I. I could use a few loopholes closed, but for the most part after waiting about 24 hours, I've really gotten to like the finale.

lighting

• Rep: -19
« Reply #237 on: May 24, 2010, 11:34:36 PM »
what am I suppose to watch now?
then I wuz
couchlocked
til' tha
morning

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2010, 11:45:53 PM »
ending the last episode with jack's eye closing as a bookend to the first episode starting with his eye opening was just about all i liked about the finale. still though, in total one of the best shows ever. maybe the finale will grow on me with repeated watches. but seinfeld's sure didn't...

seinfelds ending was really clever, that was an awesome way to end that show.

loophole

« Reply #239 on: May 25, 2010, 08:14:50 AM »
as much as i loved, i'm glad it's over. and i'm already tired of talking about the finale with friends.