Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 152209 times)

weed420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 38
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #1020 on: September 24, 2013, 02:06:08 PM »
Expand Quote
I saw Todd on a date with Ann from arrested development at the upright citizens theater sat night. Not one to be starstruck, I just found it funny.
[close]

Her?

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1021 on: September 24, 2013, 04:42:26 PM »
lol @ the extended remixed version of the theme song that plays in the end scene

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1022 on: September 24, 2013, 05:07:46 PM »
I saw someone on another site throw this theory below out there which is pretty good. However, Jonathan Banks (Mike) and Todd said in interviews this past week they would love to see someone correctly guess the ending because they don't think it can be done.

After the phone call with his son and he's pretty lost. When he watches Gretchen talking about how Walter White is dead and there is only Heisenberg it looks like it breaks him, sends him over the edge, and he is bent on revenge. I think what it actually does is strengthen his resolve to do right by his family. He knows he can't win back their love and they won't accept his money. So, he goes back to New Mexico (after calling the DEA to keep them busy up in New Hampshire). When he is in New Mexico he will go after the Nazi's to get his money back. He kills the Nazi's and then he finds Jessie (who he thought was dead). Jessie wants to kill him, Walt convinces him otherwise and explains his plan. He then finds Gretchen and gives them a sob story and probably a little blackmail to have them set up a trust for his family, or siphon money to them (they are rich and it will look like charity). At this point (or when he is talking with Jessie as way to convince him) he takes the ricin pill. He then turns himself in, absolves everyone of guilt, makes Hank a hero and dies of flu like symptoms in jail. Revenge and Redemption accomplished for both Heisenberg and Walter White.

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #1023 on: September 24, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Heisenberg
Werner Heisenberg died of cancer of the kidneys and gall bladder at his home, on 1 February 1976. The next evening, his colleagues and friends walked in remembrance from the Institute of Physics to his home and each put a candle near the front door.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1024 on: September 24, 2013, 07:07:39 PM »
I saw another theory that we find out Gretchen and Elliott's Gray Matter is who Lydia has been answering to. This would mean Walt finds out he's been working for the people who he lost a fortune to in the beginning.

Energy Turtle

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1025 on: September 25, 2013, 05:42:41 AM »
breakfast aside though, who has more love for their uncle than their dad?

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #1026 on: September 25, 2013, 06:36:35 AM »
breakfast aside though, who has more love for their uncle than their dad?

Was thinking the same fucking thing.  Breakfeast boy wouldn't even be here if Walt hadn't shot his white soldiers into Skylar's foul cunt.
I suck at SLAP.

Fastfreddy

« Reply #1027 on: September 25, 2013, 06:54:44 AM »
I saw another theory that we find out Gretchen and Elliott's Gray Matter is who Lydia has been answering to. This would mean Walt finds out he's been working for the people who he lost a fortune to in the beginning.

really into this.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1028 on: September 25, 2013, 07:15:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

really into this.

Found the post on Reddit in r/BreakingBad that I saw the other day. I like this idea.

I predict that it will come out that Lydia has been a middle man between Walt and Grey Matter the entire time. Effectively, Walt has been working under an even greater empire that he thought he walked away from in the very beginning (Lydia was the one who always supplied the methylamine for Gus as well).
I think they hint at this when Walt is watching the news, the anchor suggests that Gretchen and Elliot are trying to further distance themselves from Walter White by setting up a charity with a large sum of money for drug recovery. I believe this is a tool to help cover up their actual involvement in the business. I'm not sure how this will all come out in the final episode, but it would make everything come completely full circle and would be a twist that not many people would see coming.
I do not think that the ricin will end up being used on anyone, and Walt will not end up using the M60 himself. They both will have significance in some way, but I can see them as being a tool to mislead viewers.

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #1029 on: September 25, 2013, 04:21:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

really into this.
[close]

Found the post on Reddit in r/BreakingBad that I saw the other day. I like this idea.

I predict that it will come out that Lydia has been a middle man between Walt and Grey Matter the entire time. Effectively, Walt has been working under an even greater empire that he thought he walked away from in the very beginning (Lydia was the one who always supplied the methylamine for Gus as well).
I think they hint at this when Walt is watching the news, the anchor suggests that Gretchen and Elliot are trying to further distance themselves from Walter White by setting up a charity with a large sum of money for drug recovery. I believe this is a tool to help cover up their actual involvement in the business. I'm not sure how this will all come out in the final episode, but it would make everything come completely full circle and would be a twist that not many people would see coming.
I do not think that the ricin will end up being used on anyone, and Walt will not end up using the M60 himself. They both will have significance in some way, but I can see them as being a tool to mislead viewers.

They made it pretty clear Lydia answers to nobody, right? It would be a lame way to end this in my opinion.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #1030 on: September 25, 2013, 04:47:20 PM »
The Ricin and M60 theory seem likely though.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1031 on: September 25, 2013, 05:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

really into this.
[close]

[close]

They made it pretty clear Lydia answers to nobody, right? It would be a lame way to end this in my opinion.

yeah i'm not really into this idea either.. sounds too corny "scooby doo" if you know what i mean.

Lydia answers to somebody overseas.. had to do with that Madrigal company.  I know the main guy killed himself off in season 5 but I doubt that was the end of it.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1032 on: September 25, 2013, 05:07:51 PM »
theres one episode left. i kinda want a crazy ending but they've set up walt vs jesse for soooo long, if it comes down to grey matter or something that would be a copout, unless they wove it in really nicely. but again, theres one episode left, i doubt they are gonna pull something like that.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #1033 on: September 25, 2013, 11:40:37 PM »
Is it an extended finale or something. Its beyond me how they're gonna tie it all up in 40-odd minutes. Bringing back Elliot and Gretchen so late in the series has gotta be for a reason. I'm calling the ricin, M60 scene plays out early and I'm stumped for anything else.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1034 on: September 26, 2013, 06:29:36 AM »
think it's supposed to be 75 minutes, same as last week.  without the commercials it was almost an hour.

btw how awesome was the scene with Todd and his aryan brothers when they broke into Skylar's home.  that was creepy... the guy that plays Todd was perfect in that scene.

also I don't think that Gretchen/Elliot are gonna be showing up anymore.. I think that was just a quick thing to motivate Walt to not wait for the cops and to go out in a blaze of glory. 

stratosphere

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1035 on: September 26, 2013, 11:44:36 AM »

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1036 on: September 26, 2013, 12:46:32 PM »
Did ducks fly into the studio at 2:40?  ???

"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

shitsandwich

• Rep: -54
« Reply #1037 on: September 26, 2013, 11:42:02 PM »
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this but I think the ricin is for Lydia. I think walter is going to put it in her stevia to get at Todd somehow.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1038 on: September 27, 2013, 12:37:55 AM »
walter is gonna cook up one last batch of meth. this batch somehow goes terribly wrong, causing people to turn to zombies. bamm, cut to the first episode of "the walking dead".

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1039 on: September 27, 2013, 04:43:51 AM »
walter is gonna cook up one last batch of meth. this batch somehow goes terribly wrong, causing people have drastically reduced bust sizes. bamm, cut to the first episode of "nip/tuck"

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #1040 on: September 27, 2013, 05:22:26 AM »
walt jr. is gonna to cook breakfast because lol that is so funny huh
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Mat

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1041 on: September 28, 2013, 12:31:05 AM »
Walter uses his former biz partner (without them knowing) that he saw on tv as a cover to flow the money to his family, saves jesse from the nazis, turns himself in with the ricin under his tongue, swallows it when he gets taken into custody, dies shortly thereafter, while having already set up traps to take out his remaining worries (lydia, etc) without him having to be there

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #1042 on: September 28, 2013, 08:04:42 AM »

Todd is a talented cat
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #1043 on: September 29, 2013, 09:30:02 AM »
Tonight's the night....

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #1044 on: September 29, 2013, 09:34:50 AM »
Massive exodus to Walking Dead thread

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #1045 on: September 29, 2013, 12:17:48 PM »
Hopefully I don't die in the next eight hours and 27 minutes.

*EDIT:
Just saw this-
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-breaking-bad-actors-whose-early-roles-now-look-hilarious/

Highlights:
Take Bryan Cranston. Before he lived in a ziggurat made out of Emmys, the future Walter White paid the bills starring in Preparation H and Atari commercials and voicing monsters on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

#4. Walt Jr. Went to High School With Miley Cyrus

#2. People Have Made Romantic Fan Videos about Todd

#1. Mike Ehrmantraut Is Confused by Menstruation
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:32:29 PM by The Human Condom »

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1046 on: September 29, 2013, 01:10:37 PM »
i would hope most of you would recognize Mike as the henchman from Beverly Hills Cop (his name might've been Mike in that too?).  also, he plays a cop in Gremlins.

does anybody have any sites where I can watch the episode tonight?  we don't have cable, i usually just watch it on itunes the following day... but tonight I wanna see it live and be up to speed with internet chatter.

help!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 01:37:47 PM by bea! »

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1047 on: September 29, 2013, 01:35:43 PM »
Just read an interview with one of the writers. He said he's only told his wife how the last episode goes and he said she cried a few times. Some crazy shit is about to go down in 4 hours and 15 min.

foureyedjim

« Reply #1048 on: September 29, 2013, 01:37:39 PM »
i would hope most of you would recognize Mike as the henchman from Beverly Hills Cop (his name might've been Mike in that too?).

does anybody have any sites where I can watch the episode tonight?  we don't have cable, i usually just watch it on itunes the following day... but tonight I wanna see it live and be up to speed with internet chatter.

help!

torrents, or google this around the time you think it'd be up "breaking bad watch online."

Like honestly, there are so many sites out there to watch tv shows on, just gotta use google

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1049 on: September 29, 2013, 03:43:25 PM »
Sunday drives with the wife and we were coming up with unbelievable bad/disappointing/funny ways to end it.

"Ruler slams on the desk, Jesse looks up with drool falling from his mouth... "Jesse" shouts Mr White "pay attention, you might need Chemistry someday" as all his classmates break into laughter.