Author Topic: vbs maloof new york pt1 and 2  (Read 3368 times)

cheese

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -68

niclopse

• Rep: -38
  • Reaching for the Light
    • Adaptoids CBD Vitamins avatar image
Re: vbs maloof new york pt1 and 2
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 02:40:01 PM »
i wish rowley threw some tricks down for them.. i can do without yaje and kevin tierny doing 180's and kickflips all over new york.

Instagram: @niclopse

cheese

• Rep: -68
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 02:46:19 PM »
i wish rowley threw some tricks down for them.. i can do without yaje and kevin tierny doing 180's and kickflips all over new york.
hopefully part 3 has a rowley test drive

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 03:03:40 PM »
Is it me or did that Maloof guy seem like he was yacked up?

The level of talent that comes out of Queens is about jump if they're really going to keep that park there. I'm glad they're keeping the course for kids to use. That's giving back and I can appreciate it.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

niclopse

• Rep: -38
  • Reaching for the Light
    • Adaptoids CBD Vitamins avatar image
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 03:25:55 PM »
shits gunna be sick though. nieratkos a judge and will have the mic and has notebooks of dirt on everyone. if your going sat+sun.. see you there.

Instagram: @niclopse

Edward Sebastian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • This is what we live for.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 03:32:44 PM »
whoa, so they're going to leave the park for a year then come back and re-do it next year? bonkers. new york skaters just became the luckiest mofos on the planet. i wish the local parks here were refurbished every year
"RIP to myself one day" - JR Blastoff

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 05:01:55 PM »

rowley footage would've been tight.  i don't know too much about tierny but that yaje kid is pretty much an asshole.  hes not going to make it very far with his cocky attitude thats for sure.   

anyway, 6 days and counting until MMC, its gonna be sick!  hope to see you all out there. 

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 06:54:14 PM »
When they started doing the MMC contest I just figured the Maloof Bros were just kooks trying to make a quick buck at skating. But I like how they're leaving the park now, and updating it every year. I wonder now if they're going to up their money purse now that the street league is offering up bigger checks?
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 07:27:46 PM »
HOW DARE YOU!!!!! THAT'S RAW SKATEBOARDING!!!!!!!!!!

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 08:48:18 PM »

The level of talent that comes out of Queens is about jump if they're really going to keep that park there. I'm glad they're keeping the course for kids to use. That's giving back and I can appreciate it.

It sounds like the course will be left for the majority of the year. the Maloof brother said they would "refurbish" it each year . . . which sounds like another word for tear down and rebuild a new park for the annual contest. But even if that was the case, it's better than tearing it down right after the contest.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 09:12:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

rowley footage would've been tight.  i don't know too much about tierny but that yaje kid is pretty much an asshole.  hes not going to make it very far with his cocky attitude thats for sure.   

anyway, 6 days and counting until MMC, its gonna be sick!  hope to see you all out there. 

its sad, but yajes probably going to end up on chocolate sooner or later, that guy skates like a random skatepark fag with too much hype behind him, he should really thank that giant bro shield he has, all those people telling everyone how awesome he is really worked.

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »
I'll be there on sunday, hopefully the weather holds.

no fun

• Rep: 32
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 10:18:59 PM »
Steve Rodriguez seems so cool. That Maloof guy's voice is so weird though. Honestly the blueprint of the park looked very generic but once I see it I bet I'll be proven wrong. I think they should incorporate spots from other places and not just New York spots though.
Put on a helmet and some pads and start doing some real shit.

UncleBobo

• Rep: 64
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 11:55:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

its sad, but yajes probably going to end up on chocolate sooner or later, that guy skates like a random skatepark fag with too much hype behind him, he should really thank that giant bro shield he has, all those people telling everyone how awesome he is really worked.

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 02:40:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
HOW DARE YOU!!!!! THAT'S RAW SKATEBOARDING!!!!!!!!!!

I lol'd

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 08:23:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

nah, skateboarding has a way of weeding out the assholes before they really go anywhere.  with so many kids that are good, humble and hungry, no company is going to put up with or back a teenage pre-madonna knowing it will hurt their image.

truth be told, outside of his inner circle, no one really has anything nice to say about him.  i mean, just because you're good at skateboarding doesn't make you a good person.  i'd really be amazed if he goes anywhere at this point but hes still young enough to make an attitude adjustment so who knows?  like you said though, the bro shield isn't helping him, those dudes are just inflating his already larger than life ego.  we'll see what happens.   

UncleBobo

• Rep: 64
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 09:26:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

nah, skateboarding has a way of weeding out the assholes before they really go anywhere.  with so many kids that are good, humble and hungry, no company is going to put up with or back a teenage pre-madonna knowing it will hurt their image.

truth be told, outside of his inner circle, no one really has anything nice to say about him.  i mean, just because you're good at skateboarding doesn't make you a good person.  i'd really be amazed if he goes anywhere at this point but hes still young enough to make an attitude adjustment so who knows?  like you said though, the bro shield isn't helping him, those dudes are just inflating his already larger than life ego.  we'll see what happens.   

ight what asshole activities has this kid personally done to you, shown up at a spot and not said "hi", not everyones gunna be like rob campell and shake your hand and ask whats good but that seems to bum a lot of people out as if this nigga owes you something because you watch his footy online

to the other point above though i think having him and kevin in the clip is pretty sick, those dudes have been involved with the scene for a while now and are pretty much the new generation of nyc skaters who are killing it and you will def be seeing a lot more stuff from them in the future

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 10:16:50 AM »
waaaayyy! Yacked up!

here's a live shot of the construction
"get back to work!!!"  ;)
http://oxblue.com/pro/open/maloof/maloofmoneycup
ableSkateMag.com

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 11:05:54 AM »
i didn't even know yaje was an asshole, i just thought his skating sucked. even more reason to hate him.

i forget who said it but its so true, every trick he does looks as if he just learned the trick that day.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
  • Free Max B
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 11:11:10 AM »
the reason yaje is going to get on chocolate is because anytime he is mentioned in a thread, it automatically turns into 6 pages about him. get off his dick, listen to unclebobo.
FREE MAX B

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 11:13:44 AM »
so stoked on maloof this year

lazy

• formerly lazy bars
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • A Man is Nothing Without Himself
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 11:17:40 AM »
excited! can't wait to watch this shit, and hopefully i go to nyc sometime soon

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 12:04:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

lol

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 12:33:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

obviously, they flow enough dudes to fill the state of deleware twice and bumping that fag up based on hot air is disingenuous to all the dudes they're flowing. people like lem should be AM by now, this shit is insane.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:35:38 PM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

Batman

• Rep: -3
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 01:32:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
waaaayyy! Yacked up!

here's a live shot of the construction
"get back to work!!!"  ;)
http://oxblue.com/pro/open/maloof/maloofmoneycup

Damn, looks like people will be gaping over the "street" to the rails

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 07:50:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

nah, skateboarding has a way of weeding out the assholes before they really go anywhere.  with so many kids that are good, humble and hungry, no company is going to put up with or back a teenage primadonna  ;) knowing it will hurt their image.

[close]

ight what asshole activities has this kid personally done to you, shown up at a spot and not said "hi", not everyones gunna be like rob campell and shake your hand and ask whats good but that seems to bum a lot of people out as if this nigga owes you something because you watch his footy online

to the other point above though i think having him and kevin in the clip is pretty sick, those dudes have been involved with the scene for a while now and are pretty much the new generation of nyc skaters who are killing it and you will def be seeing a lot more stuff from them in the future

i'm a grown ass man fool, you think i care if some little skid mark kid says whats up to me.  as far as watching this kids "footy", i've seen one ad in a mag and the clip posted above.  i just know the name because i have yet to hear anyone(outside of the downtown circle jerk) have something nice to say about him, but you wouldn't be able to see that since its pretty clear you(and cock ride Pete) are part of that bro shield.  its cool that you're backing your boy but hes cocky as hell and nobody likes cocky people, nobody.   

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 08:07:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

nah, skateboarding has a way of weeding out the assholes before they really go anywhere.  with so many kids that are good, humble and hungry, no company is going to put up with or back a teenage primadonna  ;) knowing it will hurt their image.

[close]

[close]

i'm a grown ass man fool, you think i care if some little skid mark kid says whats up to me.  as far as watching this kids "footy", i've seen one ad in a mag and the clip posted above.  i just know the name because i have yet to hear anyone(outside of the downtown circle jerk) have something nice to say about him, but you wouldn't be able to see that since its pretty clear you(and cock ride Pete) are part of that bro shield.  its cool that you're backing your boy but hes cocky as hell and nobody likes cocky people, nobody.   

Wow, never knew so many people hated this dude. Is he just a jerk to a lot of new york locals or something? Just curious about what all the hate is about.

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 08:14:11 AM »
I 2ND ALL ABOVE COMMENTS ABOYT "THE FAG" !!!!

I WILL NO LONGER REFER TO HIM BY GIVIN NAME OTHER THAN "THE FAG" !!!

DUDES A DICKHEAD AND HE KNOWS IT,WHEN ITS ALL SAID AND DONE PPL LIKE ME ARE THE ONES WHO WILL HAVE TO BUY HIS BOARD AND I'LL GLADLY PASS BECAUSE I WONT FORGOT ABOUT HIS FAGGORTY !!

(IF HE EVER GETS A BOARD) HIS BRO CIRCLE AINT BUYING A DAMN THING

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 09:42:27 AM »
I remember the first time I went to NYC a few years back he was at that one tennis courts spot where zered had the add with the switch wallride on the gonz graffiti from vert quarter to smaller quarter... whatever that place is called. Anyway, that kid was there being filmed by none other than Josh Stewart. He didn't really seem that good at the time. I can't comment on if he's a dick or not.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

GNARBukowski

• Rep: 6
  • It is better to live in a world of poetic meaning.
    • my flickr avatar image
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2010, 05:53:34 AM »
For some reason, the maloof guy reminds me of "Beansie", from HBO`s Sopranos.
To do a dull thing with style, is preferable to doing a dangerous thing without it.To do a dangerous thing with style, that is what I call art.