Author Topic: Is Machnau retiring?  (Read 5880 times)

cool dude

Re: Is Machnau retiring?
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2010, 12:15:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Dude's style isn't the best but he's one of my favorite rail skaters to watch, he's fucking gnarly. This part is almost 10 years old but you could put it into any stair and rail video thats coming out and it would fit perfectly.

[close]

his front nose slides are insane

5inchDick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 12:54:27 AM »

montage from 2008,music's a bit excessive but skating too.

HOLY SHIT .. THAT MUSIC WAS MORE EXTREME THAN THE FUCKING SKATING ..

THAT WAS SOME WEIRD SHIT TO WATCH

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 02:18:44 AM »
the average pro or am was probably pissed when they went to that noseblunt ender rail and found out that the back 5050 they were planning for it wasn't gonna cut it.

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 11:10:27 AM »
I dont think magnus is on Redstar
1. I saw him riding a black label yesterday
2. He's no regular (that move would end his career before it started)

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 12:53:10 PM »
Expand Quote

montage from 2008,music's a bit excessive but skating too.
[close]

HOLY SHIT .. THAT MUSIC WAS MORE EXTREME THAN THE FUCKING SKATING ..

THAT WAS SOME WEIRD SHIT TO WATCH
2:00
that rail its in my country, its in the middle of a downhill, there's a little stair before the big one and the landing its fucking scary
this guy made lipslide, fs smith, overcrooked and noseblunt, he fucking killed it

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »
I would think if he was retiring, he'd wait until after the video they've been filming for.  I'm sure he has some good footy.  His style never bothered me.  Met him a couple times through a friend and he was always cool. 

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 03:05:57 PM »
darkstar is everything world industries said it wasn't going to do, i hope it closes up shop soon.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2010, 12:28:22 PM »
Fucking terrible style. The guy could have probably been a good hockey player or something and people would have cared. I doubt looking like this guy in Red Dragon clothes helped much either

"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1287
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2010, 12:50:03 PM »
I dont think magnus is on Redstar
1. I saw him riding a black label yesterday
2. He's no regular (that move would end his career before it started)

good stuff.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2010, 02:29:30 PM »
Fucking terrible style. The guy could have probably been a good hockey player or something and people would have cared. I doubt looking like this guy in Red Dragon clothes helped much either

there is absolutely nothing wrong with his style.  it ain't good, but it ain't bad either.  you're just hating to hate and that's a bad look.
life poser

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2010, 02:42:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
there is absolutely nothing wrong with his style.  it ain't good, but it ain't bad either.  you're just hating to hate and that's a bad look.

Don't you tell me what my opinion should be you little piece of shit. I think he has a terrible style and I'd rather watch a Mike Carroll video part filled with slappies on curbs and eating hotdogs. The guy skates with a similar attitude to a moto-cross rider and it looks like absolute shit.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

thugnificent

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2010, 03:12:17 PM »
how do you possibly know what attitude he skates with? how many times have you two skated together? you are an even bigger fag than i thought if your idea of a good time is watching a grown man eat hot dogs

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2010, 04:05:33 PM »
he's has a stiff style but some of his tricks looks pretty good,and def not the worst absolute shit nonsense you're talking about.
anyway at his level of gnarlitude style is optional.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2010, 04:28:13 PM »
how do you possibly know what attitude he skates with? how many times have you two skated together? you are an even bigger fag than i thought if your idea of a good time is watching a grown man eat hot dogs

I'm making an assumption I suppose, but he reminds me of a motocross rider on a skateboard. Fuck, maybe he's thinking of shamanism and pastel colors when he skates. Hammer skaters with a shit style do not get my boner to wiggle. Mike Carroll doing slappies and eating hot dogs on the other hand gets my juices flowin' nice and easy. Accuse me of faggotry if you will but that is what does it for me baby. Red Dragons!

agent dale cooper

• Rep: -5
  • damn good coffee...and hot!
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2010, 06:30:06 PM »
he's has a stiff style but some of his tricks looks pretty good,and def not the worst absolute shit nonsense you're talking about.

lol!!!! machnau is on some chris lambert shit, fuck this!!!!
And here I sit so patiently
Waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of
Going through all these things twice

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2010, 06:54:15 PM »
style has never been optional

BriDen

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2010, 07:20:32 PM »
How many gnarly/hammer skaters have really good style? It seems like they're either the "robotic" type or just generally hated on like Machnau or Duffel.

Vov_Vurnquist

• Rep: 32
  • I still shit organic excellence.
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »
One of the bigdickedest niggas to ever varial flip a skateboard down some steps.
must have been after Slam City Jam in '99... nigga paul and yours truly were turnin some hoes out at the Marriot, stuff'd crustin these hoes like Dominos, two korean bitches with Elvira haricuts and asses like 10 year old boys... vov minding his own business, sporting nothin but shades, a prophilactic and this nimble trick doing high bar routine on his USDA certified bean curd tubesteak, when he hears a scream coming from the balcony. Look over and see big dick paul got this dumpling bent over the railing 12 stories up, plowing it into oblivion while hitting bumps off his Nixon watch. Whoady was birthed for stuntin.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2010, 07:37:05 PM »
How many gnarly/hammer skaters have really good style? It seems like they're either the "robotic" type or just generally hated on like Machnau or Duffel.

Heath

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2010, 07:47:51 PM »
One of the bigdickedest niggas to ever varial flip a skateboard down some steps.
must have been after Slam City Jam in '99... nigga paul and yours truly were turnin some hoes out at the Marriot, stuff'd crustin these hoes like Dominos, two korean bitches with Elvira haricuts and asses like 10 year old boys... vov minding his own business, sporting nothin but shades, a prophilactic and this nimble trick doing high bar routine on his USDA certified bean curd tubesteak, when he hears a scream coming from the balcony. Look over and see big dick paul got this dumpling bent over the railing 12 stories up, plowing it into oblivion while hitting bumps off his Nixon watch. Whoady was birthed for stuntin.
amazing.

i always wished this guy got more respect and more coverage...i just did not care to see it that much.  but it's downright rude to say his style is as bad as chris lamberts...that is just messed up.   not many people can switch backside flip gnarly gaps and then do the kinds of handrails he does.   poor guy.  it's like tyrone olson's ledge innovation, yeah it was there, but no one really wanted to see it.
where is home?

agent dale cooper

• Rep: -5
  • damn good coffee...and hot!
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2010, 08:07:25 PM »
"style optional" is hilarious...i know people hating on duffel b/c of his clothes or attitude or whatever, he can actually make a huge "hammer" look pretty cool...machnau might be a cool dude or some shit, and he's good, but i think he looks like shit.  i wouldn't step up to any of his kind of skating, but i wouldn't man up to shit that went down in welcome to hell either and people in that video actually look good on a skateboard.
And here I sit so patiently
Waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of
Going through all these things twice

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2010, 08:18:45 PM »
Welcome home Vov

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

luc

• Rep: -118
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2010, 08:49:15 PM »
he did all the handrails

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »
rowley, arto, david gonzales, derek elmendorf.

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2010, 12:54:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Don't you tell me what my opinion should be you little piece of shit. I think he has a terrible style and I'd rather watch a Mike Carroll video part filled with slappies on curbs and eating hotdogs. The guy skates with a similar attitude to a moto-cross rider and it looks like absolute shit.

by the way, i never told you what your opinion should be.  i was basically calling you an ass because you make up shit to hate people about just in order to hate them more and that's either ass territory or very meta.  i always enjoy waxing metaphysical to myself at night and i'm probably not the only one so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  does philosophical thinking give you the insomnia too because i gots it something fierce?
life poser

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2010, 01:23:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
style has never been optional

yeah some people have better style than others......
but when someone is doing a crooked grind on a 18 stairs handrail,i don't mind if he waves his arms a bit,or look a little tense.
you're all a bunch of nazis.
if the guy is not absolutely good looking or perfectly not moving his arm he's HORRIBLE and absolute shit,this is ridiiculous.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2010, 02:00:09 AM »
Wilson and Vov back in action. Can it really be so?
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2010, 11:47:17 AM »

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
you are an even bigger fag than i thought if your idea of a good time is watching a grown man eat hot dogs

lol

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2010, 01:02:48 PM »
not retiring

Stiff style or no, this sequence is pretty bonkers.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20