Author Topic: Stay Gold - Offical Thread  (Read 280120 times)

CigaretteBeer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Stay Gold PREMIERE
« Reply #450 on: August 25, 2010, 09:19:32 PM »
I think this is the first video I'm going to buy in 4 years
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

Jay E-Quails

• Rep: 0
« Reply #451 on: August 25, 2010, 09:38:17 PM »
Tockets purchased
SF premiere is gonna be sick

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #452 on: August 25, 2010, 09:40:07 PM »
Just bought tickets online for the SF premiere. I've never been to a skate premiere - should be fun. And we're planning to skate all day beforehand, so Sunday's looking good...
same, but i don't have the means to buy the ticket online. here's hoping they don't run out.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #453 on: August 26, 2010, 12:15:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Just bought tickets online for the SF premiere. I've never been to a skate premiere - should be fun. And we're planning to skate all day beforehand, so Sunday's looking good...
[close]
same, but i don't have the means to buy the ticket online. here's hoping they don't run out.

If you buy online, they come out to like $5 something with the $3.50 + some $2 processing fee. But you are guaranteed a ticket.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #454 on: August 26, 2010, 05:04:22 AM »
Going to the London premiere tonight!

never been to a premier of this magnitude, it will no doubt be phenomenal.

Smurph

• Rep: 30
« Reply #455 on: August 26, 2010, 01:39:03 PM »

Yes, this was my first proper premiere tonight aswell. Sort of bummed on other stuff so it may have affected my general opinion on the video. Also it's a shame they told everyone to leave when the credits had just begun...

Honest opinion - I was slightly disappointed on the video. I definitely didn't leave thinking it was one of my favourite videos ever - the way This Is Skateboarding did. Maybe it was Jerry Hsu's short part or the way the intro is pretty much a clone copy of the This Is Skateboarding. There's something about the video that didn't quite do it for me. That being said...

Kirchart - classic. White attire. High speed everything. Simple tricks executed really well.

Westgate - so fucking gnarly. Great opening section. The guy can skate anything and he can push properly. I especially enjoyed the downhill ollie over the gap to rail.

Suski - surpassed my expectations. I'm a big Suski fan and he seriously killed it. I loved the grind to grind combinations.

Herman and Kevin Long - big let downs for me. Considering how much of an impact these two dudes had in the last video I'm mostly disappointed with these guys. Herman's skating is sick but I can't help but disprove of his 'dope steez' that is nowhere reminiscent of his earlier sections. It seems like he's just not trying as hard as he could/not being natural. As for Kevin Long, nothing really stood out to me. It's lenghty and I understand he has had injuries but from what I remember some of his tricks were quite sketchy.

Leo - GNARLY. The boardslide up across and down (possibly from Thrasher last year) was insane. That Skateboarder cover grinding up the rail was his last trick and no matter what anybody says - it crowns him as the king of skating up rails. The rail is actually really steep and high too.

Reynolds - professional skateboarder through and through. I would have preferred another song but I can't really say shit when he back 360's Bercy.

I will be buying this video and I hope it grows on me more.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 02:26:22 AM by Smurph »

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #456 on: August 26, 2010, 05:42:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

If you buy online, they come out to like $5 something with the $3.50 + some $2 processing fee. But you are guaranteed a ticket.
yeah i would definitely buy one online if i had a credit card to go about it. hey, assuming you've been to a ton of the sf premieres in the past, do you know if they work like regular movie theater showings? as in the movie will start at 7:30 pretty much on the dot, so you should get there well before it? or do like the doors open at 7:30 and the movie starts at like 8?

hekkahyphy

« Reply #457 on: August 26, 2010, 10:56:12 PM »
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/trash/talking-stay-gold/      thats me twenty eight seconds in... i needa shave

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #458 on: August 26, 2010, 11:48:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yes, this was my first proper premiere tonight aswell. Sort of bummed on other stuff so it may have affected my general opinion on the video. Also it's a shame they told everyone to leave when the credits had just begun...

Honest opinion - I'm slightly disappointed on the video. I definitely didn't leave thinking it was one of my favourite videos ever - the way This Is Skateboarding did. Maybe it was Jerry Hsu's short part or the way the intro is pretty much a clone copy of the This Is Skateboarding. There's something about the video that didn't quite do it for me. That being said...

Kirchart - classic. White attire. High speed everyhing. Simple tricks executed really well.

Westgate - so fucking gnarly. Great opening section. The guy can skate anything and he can push properly. I especially enjoyed the downhill ollie over the gap to rail.

Suski - surpassed my expectations. I'm a big Suski fan and he seriously killed it. I loved the grind to grind combinations.

Herman and Kevin Long - big let downs for me. Considering how much of an impact these two dudes had in the last video I'm mostly disappointed with these guys. Herman's skating is sick but I can't help but disprove of his 'dope steez' that is nowhere reminiscent of his earlier sections. It seems like he's just not trying as hard as he could/not being natural. As for Kevin Long, nothing really stood out to me. It's lenghty and I understand he has had injuries but from what I remember some of his tricks were quite sketchy.

Leo - GNARLY. The boardslide up across and down (possibly from Thrasher last year) was insane. That Skateboarder cover grinding up the rail was his last trick and no matter what anybody says - it crowns him as the king of skating up rails. The rail is actually really steep and high too.

Reynolds - professional skateboarder through and through. I would have preferred another song but I can't really say shit when he back 360's Bercy.

I will be buying this video and I hope it grows on me more.

DUDE YOUR WHOLE SHIT DONT EVEN MATTER.. YOU JUST SAID "SPANKY" HAD A HUGE IMPACT ... THAT DUDE HAS SUCKED SINCE HE BROKE OFF FROM MIKE TAYLOR AND PAUL .. THEREFORE I RENDER ANYTHING YOU SAY USELESS !

jacquesknife

• Rep: -29
« Reply #459 on: August 27, 2010, 03:56:06 AM »
"Westgate - so fucking gnarly. Great opening section. The guy can skate anything and he can push properly. I especially enjoyed the downhill ollie over the gap to rail.

Reynolds - professional skateboarder through and through. I would have preferred another song but I can't really say shit when he back 360's Bercy."

Saw it last night in London too. Westgate was my favourite part for sure, exactly for the ollie mentioned. It was massive!

Reynolds, although still great, looked so rigid compared to the others. I suppose that comes from years spent doing big shit.

Opening credits were fucking sick but would have been good if they had put that golden sheen post-production over all the footage. Occasionally seemed a bit jarring to go from the name graphics to just standard camera footage.

Some of Kirchart's footage had already seen before in Mind Field. Suppose that's just the way it is though.

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #460 on: August 27, 2010, 05:23:26 AM »
"Westgate - so fucking gnarly. Great opening section. The guy can skate anything and he can push properly. I especially enjoyed the downhill ollie over the gap to rail.

Reynolds - professional skateboarder through and through. I would have preferred another song but I can't really say shit when he back 360's Bercy."

Saw it last night in London too. Westgate was my favourite part for sure, exactly for the ollie mentioned. It was massive!

Reynolds, although still great, looked so rigid compared to the others. I suppose that comes from years spent doing big shit.

Opening credits were fucking sick but would have been good if they had put that golden sheen post-production over all the footage. Occasionally seemed a bit jarring to go from the name graphics to just standard camera footage.

Some of Kirchart's footage had already seen before in Mind Field. Suppose that's just the way it is though.

??? did you not realise it was a retrospective of footage from his previous video parts therefore par the all white stuff it had all been seen before...

I enjoyed the whole video.

watching again tonight at my local shop so hopefully i digest it more..

jacquesknife

• Rep: -29
Re: Stay Gold - Offical Thread
« Reply #461 on: August 27, 2010, 07:35:35 AM »
The early ones I did, yeah, but didn't notice the whole white clothes transition thing. Makes perfect sense now.

Martin

• Rep: 9
« Reply #462 on: August 27, 2010, 03:31:25 PM »
I went to the Birmingham premiere put on by Ideal skateshop.

There was NO Heath Kirchart section in the video we watched?

Is his part 'bonus material'?

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #463 on: August 27, 2010, 04:10:42 PM »
His part was before the intro. Just got back from a premier now. I really really liked the whole video, Leo had my favourite part but I also really liked Westgate, Suski and Heath's part. Downhill line where he flips off a car was too sick.

Randozzi

« Reply #464 on: August 27, 2010, 04:13:55 PM »
S.F. premiere this Sunday, looking forward to seeing it.

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #465 on: August 27, 2010, 04:20:15 PM »
I went to the Birmingham premiere put on by Ideal skateshop.

There was NO Heath Kirchart section in the video we watched?

Is his part 'bonus material'?

yeah i went to a shop premiere tonight but they are only getting 'promo copies'. the actual premier showing had his part before the credits... guessing it'll be the same on the actual dvds.

jojo_fosho

• Rep: -2
« Reply #466 on: August 27, 2010, 04:43:30 PM »
Hell yeah, cant wait.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #467 on: August 27, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »
Just make sure you sent any piracy you might see to that email address.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #468 on: August 27, 2010, 08:51:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hell yeah, cant wait.

That sucks. I have to go to DLX on Tuesday to check out the video.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Dumbs!

• Rep: 3
« Reply #469 on: August 27, 2010, 09:06:01 PM »
I wonder how the iTunes download of this will be. How much will it be? Will it be DVD quality? Will you be able to watch it on other computers? etc

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #470 on: August 27, 2010, 09:41:35 PM »
I heard from a guy that works for Sole Tech that in the premiere copy heath's part is before the intro, but on the dvd his part will be an easter egg.

unker

Stay Gold iTunes
« Reply #471 on: August 27, 2010, 10:41:31 PM »
I wonder how the iTunes download of this will be. How much will it be? Will it be DVD quality? Will you be able to watch it on other computers?

Stay Gold will be $9.99 on iTunes and just as good quality as the DVD.  When you purchase on iTunes you can watch on other computers too.

Sunday at midnight PST the film should be live on iTunes. 

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
Re: Stay Gold iTunes
« Reply #472 on: August 27, 2010, 11:26:39 PM »

Stay Gold will be $9.99 on iTunes and just as good quality as the DVD.  When you purchase on iTunes you can watch on other computers too.

Sunday at midnight PST the film should be live on iTunes. 
really? thats be a big file

Vibes of skating rocks

• Rep: -22
« Reply #473 on: August 28, 2010, 12:00:20 AM »
Unicron started shipping copies today.

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #474 on: August 28, 2010, 06:02:21 AM »
on the dvd heath footage s a little hidden... also reynolds has a bonus thing about his madness which is quite crazy. the boss for sure.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:16:50 AM by zuma »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #475 on: August 28, 2010, 02:42:40 PM »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #476 on: August 28, 2010, 03:26:36 PM »
yikes. really yikes.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #477 on: August 28, 2010, 03:39:52 PM »
Stay gold my friends... stay gold.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #478 on: August 28, 2010, 10:06:31 PM »
THIS VIDEO IS EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL WORTH THE PURCHASE, only $20 too

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1643
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #479 on: August 28, 2010, 10:37:49 PM »
what a tease
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate