Poll

Are you happy with the new layout?

This reminds me of kindergarten and I was molested in kindergarten
51 (28.7%)
I feel like I'm in Toys R Us
51 (28.7%)
I'm drunk and am having a hard time using the boards now
29 (16.3%)
Oh I just love what you've done to the place!
13 (7.3%)
I'm indifferent
34 (19.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author Topic: Slap looks like fucking shit  (Read 19301 times)

Bantam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • buhgock
Re: Slap looks like fucking shit
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2010, 08:05:43 PM »
I'm actually pretty convinced this is all because of the Hallelujah links.� Seriously.. this forum never ever goes down, then one of the richest companies in skating has their vid leaked and the forum's shut down without warning?

I could quote more of you, but this will do.

Are you guys serious!?  I can't even begin to wrap my head around such a bad a theory.  If it makes you feel better, Mark sent out the new site to all the admins and mods before the first TWS link was ever posted.

Anyways, I have never been a fan of bright white anything in terms of things I have to look at for very long.  Though black shows how dirty my laptop is, I would prefer black instead of navy and gray(s) instead of white.  That's not a biggie whatsoever as navy is dark enough.  I still find this quite refreshing though.  I'm with Grim on the new site seeming to render quicker.  I back it.

One problem I encountered earlier - I opened my PMs in a new tab and it tried to make me log back in.  I went ahead and did so and it came up with an error.  I'm sure it is just a small bug.

starvingrobot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
  • Keep It +
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2010, 08:49:10 PM »
A bit bright, but refreshing.  I could get used to it.  Is the gnar/kook every hour thing gonna stay for good?

TheFreshSC

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2010, 08:54:55 PM »
this is fucked. nothing was wrong with the old layout, and all the white wasted space hurts my eyes

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2010, 09:05:31 PM »
I don't mind most of the changes, but I can't deal with the white background. Grey on blue would be fine.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2010, 09:13:20 PM »
this is fucked. nothing was wrong with the old layout, and all the white wasted space hurts my eyes
The old one was good. Hey Whitely can you change it back pllllllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mevs

• Rep: 29
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2010, 09:19:31 PM »
I'm liking it... it looks fresh, the added white space makes everything seem more spacious and I appreciate making the main site easier to navigate. Though I agree that differentiating between posts is quite difficult now...there needs to be a better way of separating them, either with borders or a tinted background.

Good job overall, full redesigns are never going to go smoothly!
mhe-likes.tumblr.com
Instagram: @Mevs82

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2010, 09:23:31 PM »
if I could change one thing, and one thing only about the SLAP forum it would be folks who put a picture in their signature, just have a pic in your profile,  thats what its there for... we are all hooked on sk8ing and have already seen that photo in your signature, so to see it in every thread many many times is just to much, but mainly it takes so long to load on an iphone and I reply and read slap alot via iphone.

don;t take it all personal, i just want slap to load faster and not have to see the same pics so often.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2010, 09:28:47 PM »
if I could change one thing, and one thing only about the SLAP forum it would be folks who put a picture in their signature, just have a pic in your profile,  thats what its there for... we are all hooked on sk8ing and have already seen that photo in your signature, so to see it in every thread many many times is just to much, but mainly it takes so long to load on an iphone and I reply and read slap alot via iphone.

don;t take it all personal, i just want slap to load faster and not have to see the same pics so often.

Couldn't agree more. Even though I have my preferences set to 'hide' signatures and avatars, it'd be nice to now allow images in sigs. Some peoples' are just obnoxiously large and just an eye sore.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2010, 09:37:58 PM »
Is the gnar/kook every hour thing gonna stay for good?

What?! You only have to wait an hour now? Where's Commercial D?!

ChrisGilmour

• Rep: -2
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »
I'm not hyped on it, but its going to grow on me just need to get used to it.

yobzobbler

• Rep: -21
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2010, 10:24:46 PM »
im so tired

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2010, 10:43:27 PM »
Like everyone else said, there's too much empty space. Especially in the thread indeces where the empty space around each topic makes it hard to read. The big grey buttons and some other elements seem to be floating in white space.

But other than that, I'm beginning to like it more than the previous. The old background was very 2000. Plus I now found out about quick reply.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

illymatic numerodos

• Rep: 5
  • What would NPH do?
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2010, 11:03:07 PM »
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE BEEN ABLE TO LOG-IN IN LIKE 3 YEARS...

illymatic numerodos

• Rep: 5
  • What would NPH do?
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »
and it does look like shit but it's just like every other time slap has been bombed

lazy

• formerly lazy bars
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • A Man is Nothing Without Himself
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2010, 11:09:02 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm actually pretty convinced this is all because of the Hallelujah links.� Seriously.. this forum never ever goes down, then one of the richest companies in skating has their vid leaked and the forum's shut down without warning?
[close]

I could quote more of you, but this will do.

Are you guys serious!?  I can't even begin to wrap my head around such a bad a theory.  If it makes you feel better, Mark sent out the new site to all the admins and mods before the first TWS link was ever posted.

Anyways, I have never been a fan of bright white anything in terms of things I have to look at for very long.  Though black shows how dirty my laptop is, I would prefer black instead of navy and gray(s) instead of white.  That's not a biggie whatsoever as navy is dark enough.  I still find this quite refreshing though.  I'm with Grim on the new site seeming to render quicker.  I back it.

One problem I encountered earlier - I opened my PMs in a new tab and it tried to make me log back in.  I went ahead and did so and it came up with an error.  I'm sure it is just a small bug.

Just wanted to say that the quote box is a little too dim. The whole grey and a light grey really makes it hard to read. Straining my eyes to read 'em. Don't know if i'm the only one or not

illmatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • g'd up from the feet up
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2010, 11:12:06 PM »
HOLY SHIT AND HERE'S MY OTHER ACCOUNT THAT HAS BEEN FROZEN JUST LIKE JACK DAWSON IN THAT TITANIC 2 THREAD!!!
ugh, thanks rupert, I have been looking for the adio myspace website for quite some time...

illmatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • g'd up from the feet up
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2010, 11:18:51 PM »
seriously my mind is blown right now...i've been lurking for the past couple of years because any name; or new account i made...would not let me log-in. no matter what.

i'm all for the change now
ugh, thanks rupert, I have been looking for the adio myspace website for quite some time...

loophole

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2010, 11:26:35 PM »
i like how it's better linked to the rest of the site. will probably get me to check the home page every now and then

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2010, 11:29:09 PM »
please grey
this bright white shit is too much

love you,
able
ableSkateMag.com

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2010, 12:25:51 AM »
What the fuck is "quick reply"?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2010, 01:07:33 AM »
Is there any way you can have an option for night mode (layout consisting of dark background with slightly light colored text)?  I can't lurk in my bedroom at night with my wife sleeping with the boards like this.  My monitor is lighting up my entire bedroom.

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 560
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2010, 01:17:25 AM »
Like everyone else said, there's too much empty space. Especially in the thread indeces where the empty space around each topic makes it hard to read. The big grey buttons and some other elements seem to be floating in white space.

But other than that, I'm beginning to like it more than the previous. The old background was very 2000. Plus I now found out about quick reply.

the bright white empty space are definitely weird, don't like it.  too much wasted space at the beginning and end of posts.  the background needs to be more differentiated than stark white and faint tan. the signatures are pushed right up to the text, and if the post is short, the signature appears as if IT is the post...

i still love you though
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2010, 01:41:16 AM »
now that i?ve slept over the changes, i must say that i?m starting to really like it.

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2010, 02:01:02 AM »
im so tired
You make me thankful that images in signatures are enabled.

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight

Hola

• Rep: 56
  • 2NE1
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2010, 02:38:31 AM »
i cant get used to it, but its good that the background isnt that asphalt anymore, that slowed down the loading time a lot, especially on an iphone, its a lot faster now

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2010, 03:14:30 AM »
"I feel like I'm in Toys R Us"

But seems more "2010 ish"
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2010, 04:09:10 AM »
-the website is loading faster and all the articles are so much easier to go through now.
-whats with the navy blue? did you guys hire obamas web design team? bring back the concrete. 
-is there anyway to grey things out and have alternating colors for each post? everything looks like one continuous post.
-all the quote boxes are faded, is there any way to easily darken that back to normal colors?
-will there be a way to skin the site with different colors so everyone can keep their own color preferences?
-a bunch of the buttons are missing, they made it really easy to move through the site, is it possible to bring those back?

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2010, 04:11:08 AM »
What the fuck is "quick reply"?

You can have a reply text box on the bottom of every page, so you don't have to click "Reply" and wait for another page to load.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2010, 06:22:28 AM »
Still so much blank white at the bottom of each post, need to move the sigs down to the end of the post.

And why are pinned threads colored? looks like shit

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2010, 06:57:28 AM »
The layout of the main site seems more browse friendly. And as for the forum, the only thing I don't like is the bright white....so I turned my brightness down.

But yeah I think a night mode or less obtrusive colour combo would help weary eye and the slight button changes et al will be ingrained in our motor memory before too long