Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8764968 times)

StFlour

Re: Post UPCOMING shoe releases thread
« Reply #12480 on: July 25, 2013, 03:04:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
heard these are sick. they got the evolution foam in em so they are super light

[close]
im liking alot of these new tech shoes by etnies. they might need to refine some of the aesthetics a little bit more, but they're on the right track.
[close]

Does this turn towards athletic styled runners by skate shoe brands seem doomed to anyone else? Wouldn't nike, adidas and new balance have the upper edge in aesthetics and designs of such models if this becomes a trend? If this is some kind of way to pull dollars away from boating inspired janoskis, isn't it dangerous to swing in the aesthetic direction that made these sport shoe corporations initially inspire companies like es? It seems like a catch 22 because these recent murmurs of tech shoes reflect the roots of es, which has now been integrated into both emerica and etnies new lines, yet those very early es models that gave them identity in skateboarding stem from nike homages when the corporation wasn't competing for sales. If tech shoes become the new trend, isn't this giving a company like nike the ability to put out designs that gave them identity?

wut

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #12481 on: July 25, 2013, 06:43:47 AM »
I know these arent made for skating but they look mad dope!  :o

http://www.flatspot.com/products/onitsuka-tiger-fader-black-white

i bet they skate amazing...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

cool spot

• Rep: 28
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12482 on: July 25, 2013, 06:53:15 AM »
I know these arent made for skating but they look mad dope!  :o

http://www.flatspot.com/products/onitsuka-tiger-fader-black-white

i bet they skate amazing...

slap a different different tread on there i would give them a whirl. thin mid/high tops rule

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #12483 on: July 25, 2013, 08:46:44 AM »

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

skate361

« Reply #12484 on: July 25, 2013, 11:54:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
From Dylan's instagram

[close]

incredible
[close]

I'll get with it.

they're too gaudy for me. i bet they'll look crazy after skating in em

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3392
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #12486 on: July 25, 2013, 12:25:33 PM »
^First time in many, many years that I've seen new DC's and haven't had a knee jerk, "Oh fucking hell those are ugly" response.^

BraveUlysses

« Reply #12487 on: July 25, 2013, 12:30:56 PM »
^First time in many, many years that I've seen new DC's and haven't had a knee jerk, "Oh fucking hell those are ugly" response.^
Didn't like the Kalis shoe?

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #12488 on: July 25, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
I don't like the faux paneling - stitching on Lynx.

jexe

« Reply #12489 on: July 25, 2013, 02:46:33 PM »
The chief has a new fallen shoe coming out, looks like a typical laced/Rico Ct

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #12490 on: July 25, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
I don't like that the "lynx" only have half a sole of a Lynx.

ZEBRA

« Reply #12491 on: July 25, 2013, 05:20:12 PM »
The Lynx is really disappointing.

Everybody wants the original shoe. I don't understand why they don't just make it. Even if it was just a limited run.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #12492 on: July 25, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »

Everybody wants the original shoe. I don't understand why they don't just make it. Even if it was just a limited run.

THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12493 on: July 25, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »
I don't like that the "lynx" only have half a sole of a Lynx.

Yeah, that does suck. Regardless, i'll be getting a pair.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #12494 on: July 25, 2013, 08:23:50 PM »

SEAN PABLO

• Rep: -78
« Reply #12495 on: July 25, 2013, 09:28:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
From Dylan's instagram

[close]

incredible
[close]

I'll get with it.
[close]

they're too gaudy for me. i bet they'll look crazy after skating in em

I dont understand? what material is it?

4wheels

« Reply #12496 on: July 25, 2013, 09:47:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
im liking alot of these new tech shoes by etnies. they might need to refine some of the aesthetics a little bit more, but they're on the right track.
[close]

Does this turn towards athletic styled runners by skate shoe brands seem doomed to anyone else? Wouldn't nike, adidas and new balance have the upper edge in aesthetics and designs of such models if this becomes a trend? If this is some kind of way to pull dollars away from boating inspired janoskis, isn't it dangerous to swing in the aesthetic direction that made these sport shoe corporations initially inspire companies like es? It seems like a catch 22 because these recent murmurs of tech shoes reflect the roots of es, which has now been integrated into both emerica and etnies new lines, yet those very early es models that gave them identity in skateboarding stem from nike homages when the corporation wasn't competing for sales. If tech shoes become the new trend, isn't this giving a company like nike the ability to put out designs that gave them identity?

not quite sure what you said but as soon as you hold these shoes in your hand you will like them
here is tyler bledsoes colorway

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12497 on: July 25, 2013, 10:30:14 PM »

El_JayDude

• Rep: -6
« Reply #12498 on: July 25, 2013, 10:45:13 PM »

Uuuusshh! Those black/mint CTS' look right, love that they are bringing back the silver eyelets on the black suede, seriously makes the shoe.  I'm such a sucker for the whole mint fad right now, I really hope the sole is mint as well.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:48:23 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #12499 on: July 25, 2013, 11:03:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
not quite sure what you said but as soon as you hold these shoes in your hand you will like them

Whatever fuck that, that shoe looks like some department store/6pm.com shit. It's terrible looking. I can't believe they're letting these clunky ass tech shoes come back. I'm not pro super thin vulc shoes either, but there's got to be a middle ground with some good, minimalistic silhouettes that are still functional and protect your feet.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:48:37 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #12500 on: July 25, 2013, 11:12:21 PM »
Are the mint CTS's suede? Why no black suede CTS's with the classic rubber toe?

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #12501 on: July 26, 2013, 01:13:57 AM »
The Lynx is really disappointing.

I have a pair of the originals, and they are really crazy big.. Like crazy! Nobody rocks the same size pants anymore and those shoes would look ridicules. I agree though, would have loved them to make them almost the exact same but just a little slimmer.

Still gonna get them though!

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #12502 on: July 26, 2013, 06:38:53 AM »
^ For sure man, everybody has this rose tinted view of those classic shoes but the reality is they were all fucken enormous. The K1, the MJ1 etc.(the slimmer ones)  had a silhouette double what people write off as "chunky" by today's standards.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #12503 on: July 26, 2013, 09:31:31 AM »
Has anybody tried on the recent color's of the Adidas Campus Vulc?

I noticed the changed the tread bit it also looks like they thinned them out a little... reducing the silly toe bumper (i hate those things) and maybe a tad thinner all around... kinda like a middle ground between old campus vulc and the americana

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12504 on: July 26, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »

Walker Ryan

StFlour

« Reply #12505 on: July 26, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
« Reply #12506 on: July 26, 2013, 11:17:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

he's saying that "skate" shoe companies should be a little more leary of treading into the waters of "tech shoes" now that Nike, Adidas, and New Balance are heavily involved in skateboarding now...mostly because they have R&D budgets that will block out the sun, and if need be, can whip out all sorts of wacky tech skate shoes. ? 

for the most part, the corpos have been molding their design approach to skateboarding...if skateboarding starts veering towards the tech shoes again, the Corpos will have the home court advantage.

Given the history of skateboarding and its general disdain for "jocks, douche-bags, chodes, organized sporting world" it always surprised me when people were excited about skate shoes that look like the average "trainer" worn by some [insert term from above] at the gym.

Anyways, I think that's what Pillar meant. ? 
hardly art, hardly starving

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #12507 on: July 26, 2013, 11:39:01 AM »

And Vox making an imitation Curtin shoe. Weak!!!
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #12508 on: July 26, 2013, 01:17:24 PM »

And Vox making an imitation Curtin shoe. Weak!!!

you mean an imitation Habitat Austyn 2? It's literally the same shoe. At least they'll get away with it, since the AG's are probably never coming out.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #12509 on: July 26, 2013, 01:34:57 PM »

you mean an imitation Habitat Austyn 2? It's literally the same shoe. At least they'll get away with it, since the AG's are probably never coming out.

[/quote]

The Vox shoe (Pat Duffys new signature shoe) has a wing tip stitching. It looks gross compared to the Habitat shoe. Habitat footwear is still doing that AG shoe, and his old one, just without the "A" on the sides. Super plain looking, but sometimes that's a good thing. There is also a mid top version coming out. In vox news... they are struggling. Gave Jordan Hoffart a boring pro model as well. Not quite sure how they are still afloat.