Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8760237 times)

BoxStuffer, Mongo Lloyd and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3388
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #30120 on: April 05, 2018, 01:23:42 PM »
is it pronounced 3 - S - T, ThreeST, ThirST, 3 Street ???

Asking for a friend. k thanks

I thought it was "east".

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30121 on: April 05, 2018, 01:47:28 PM »
Dane Vaughn's new pro shoe

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #30122 on: April 05, 2018, 02:29:03 PM »

new cons slip colourways, still found in US shops

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #30123 on: April 05, 2018, 02:56:39 PM »

Was this filmed on St Patrick’s Day?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #30124 on: April 05, 2018, 03:23:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The 3ST is an experiment that looks to be paying off already. Adidas wants to see if people will pay $100 for a slip on, and from there they can offer simpler shoes for more money. The Samba ADVs and Busenitz Sambas showed that they can offer a shoe with 2/3 less suede and people will still pay $75 for it, and this looks to be a continuation of that approach.

Speak with your wallets.
[close]

You clearly dont understand the shoe making process, because you would know that a shoe with such a big suede area with no splits is not pattern efficient at all (the only split is in the heel) , so there's a lot of waste when cutting it. So no, they're not selling cheaper shoes for a higher price. Thats why the lower top version is less expensive then the slip one, even if there's more stuff on it they can probably still get it cheaper because its more efficient (panels are smaller, less waste, easier construction, etc...).
Basically simpler look doesnt mean cheaper to produce.

And also, where's the 2/3 less suede on the Samba ADV/Busenitz Samba? Where there is no suede its leather which is not cheaper... The Busenitz samba should be actually more expensive to produce because they're adding one extra layer to the toe than the normal Busenitz vulc.
[close]

The Samba toe is not layered, it's seamed to the rest of the material.
[close]

The samba toe in the busenitz is an extra layer (I'm almost sure about this). In the ADV is a seamed panel, so the underlay doesnt go all the way down. But that doesnt make its cheaper than a 1 piece toe cap, makes it more expensive, because you will have an extra step in the building process, so thats one extra person to stitch that panel down and there's more time wasted (time is money). If they did a clean toe, with suede all the way down and no overlays that would be probably the cheapest option, but I think they choose to keep the identity of samba more true to the original, thats why the did the T-toe overlay (which looks better aswell).

But this is not really related to your initial point, where's the cost saving in this T-toe construction you are talking about? I would get it if the base material was mesh/canvas but obviously it isnt in any colorway released yet.
just to be devils advocate
http://youtu.be/Cc-KITETLl4?t=2m53s

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #30125 on: April 05, 2018, 03:39:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is that Dane Vaughn?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30126 on: April 05, 2018, 05:48:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Is that Dane Vaughn?

Swamp Staba

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #30127 on: April 05, 2018, 08:28:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The 3ST is an experiment that looks to be paying off already. Adidas wants to see if people will pay $100 for a slip on, and from there they can offer simpler shoes for more money. The Samba ADVs and Busenitz Sambas showed that they can offer a shoe with 2/3 less suede and people will still pay $75 for it, and this looks to be a continuation of that approach.

Speak with your wallets.
[close]

The RA's for the FA/Nakel's went out this week to shops. They are already going back to ADI
[close]

who would've thought that a slip on with a bootie, a bright blue sole, "nak" written in hulkamania font written all over it, priced at over 100 dollars... wouldn't sell. it seemed like such a sure thing.

What are RAs?

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #30128 on: April 05, 2018, 08:30:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Speak with your wallets.
[close]

The RA's for the FA/Nakel's went out this week to shops. They are already going back to ADI
[close]

who would've thought that a slip on with a bootie, a bright blue sole, "nak" written in hulkamania font written all over it, priced at over 100 dollars... wouldn't sell. it seemed like such a sure thing.
[close]

What are RAs?

return authorization

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #30129 on: April 05, 2018, 08:42:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Speak with your wallets.
[close]

You clearly dont understand the shoe making process, because you would know that a shoe with such a big suede area with no splits is not pattern efficient at all (the only split is in the heel) , so there's a lot of waste when cutting it. So no, they're not selling cheaper shoes for a higher price. Thats why the lower top version is less expensive then the slip one, even if there's more stuff on it they can probably still get it cheaper because its more efficient (panels are smaller, less waste, easier construction, etc...).

And also, where's the 2/3 less suede on the Samba ADV/Busenitz Samba? Where there is no suede its leather which is not cheaper... The Busenitz samba should be actually more expensive to produce because they're adding one extra layer to the toe than the normal Busenitz vulc.
[close]

[close]

The samba toe in the busenitz is an extra layer (I'm almost sure about this). In the ADV is a seamed panel, so the underlay doesnt go all the way down. But that doesnt make its cheaper than a 1 piece toe cap, makes it more expensive, because you will have an extra step in the building process, so thats one extra person to stitch that panel down and there's more time wasted (time is money). If they did a clean toe, with suede all the way down and no overlays that would be probably the cheapest option, but I think they choose to keep the identity of samba more true to the original, thats why the did the T-toe overlay (which looks better aswell).

But this is not really related to your initial point, where's the cost saving in this T-toe construction you are talking about? I would get it if the base material was mesh/canvas but obviously it isnt in any colorway released yet.
[close]
can someone edit this to show the vid? i took out the "s" from "https:" i thought that did it.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #30130 on: April 05, 2018, 08:50:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Speak with your wallets.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

2:50

[close]

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #30131 on: April 05, 2018, 11:05:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Speak with your wallets.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I dont think you guys are understanding the point and that video doesnt address it. I know it has that flaw of blowing out.
What I'm saying is that the T-toe doesnt make you save any money like MyUserName was saying in the beggining. The whole shoe is still covered by leather which is usually similar pricing to the suede.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #30132 on: April 06, 2018, 12:15:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Speak with your wallets.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I dont think you guys are understanding the point and that video doesnt address it. I know it has that flaw of blowing out.
What I'm saying is that the T-toe doesnt make you save any money like MyUserName was saying in the beggining. The whole shoe is still covered by leather which is usually similar pricing to the suede.

Then why did some idiot decide it was a good idea to not have a double layer there on the skate version while there is on the non-skate version? Seems like a total “fuck you” from Adidas to skaters who made the mistake of buying their skate shoes.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #30133 on: April 06, 2018, 12:46:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Speak with your wallets.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Then why did some idiot decide it was a good idea to not have a double layer there on the skate version while there is on the non-skate version? Seems like a total “fuck you” from Adidas to skaters who made the mistake of buying their skate shoes.

We get it skatan you are a Adidas spawn so you have to defend them but honestly that's a shitty thing to do by Adidas.. And about the cost of the shoe or about the margins, I don't think it matters to the pricing whether the shoe is leather, suede or canvas if you are a big shoe giant like adidas is..

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #30134 on: April 06, 2018, 01:15:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We get it skatan you are a Adidas spawn so you have to defend them but honestly that's a shitty thing to do by Adidas.. And about the cost of the shoe or about the margins, I don't think it matters to the pricing whether the shoe is leather, suede or canvas if you are a big shoe giant like adidas is..

Aw fuck off, I'm not here trying to protect the company. I'm just trying to explain why it happened in the first place. I dont even work in the Skateboarding range so I dont need to be talking about this at all, but you guys just talk out of your asses without knowing shit so I cant help my need to step in (I still love you Slap).

And of course the margin matters you idiot, no matter the size of the brand. I hope you dont run a business.

To be honest, I skated the first Samba ADV and I didnt ripped any panel, so it depends on how you skate/flick. Toe caps on dunks blow out as quick or faster and no one complains, just accept or put some super glue in the seams, why is this different?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #30135 on: April 06, 2018, 02:57:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Aw fuck off, I'm not here trying to protect the company. I'm just trying to explain why it happened in the first place. I dont even work in the Skateboarding range so I dont need to be talking about this at all, but you guys just talk out of your asses without knowing shit so I cant help my need to step in (I still love you Slap).

And of course the margin matters you idiot, no matter the size of the brand. I hope you dont run a business.

To be honest, I skated the first Samba ADV and I didnt ripped any panel, so it depends on how you skate/flick. Toe caps on dunks blow out as quick or faster and no one complains, just accept or put some super glue in the seams, why is this different?

Because they made the skateboard version of the shoe actually worse for skateboarding! And what for? You seem to know that it’s not for cutting costs. But what would be the reason? Is the normal version too durable cuz skaters are stupid and will buy any shit so better make them not last very long cuz the idiots will happily buy another pair cuz “OMG Chewy Cannon and Blondie skate Adidas!!!”?

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #30136 on: April 06, 2018, 03:15:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

OK....
- Materials. The material always matters. You have to pay tariffs/dutys on all materials. Leather/Suede is at 9% and Synthetics of any kinds are at 19-21% depending on the country of origin. The US makes cows. The leather gets shipped over seas. Thus, when a shoe manufacturer uses leather he is supporting the farming industry in the US = lower tariffs. Synthetics are made over seas = they get dinged at the higher rate.

- Margin. any publicly traded company (NIKE/ADI/VANS) is concerned with margin. Higher margins = profitability/dividends for shareholders. The shitty part about margin is that it is also a key factor in all publicly traded shoe companies SR leadership bonus structure. This includes chiefs in design/development/sales. So there is that impacting the price also.

- Tooling. One of the reasons this ADI slip - on is so expensive is that it is all new tooling. If it had used an existing sole that had already been amortized (paid for), it would have been cheaper. I am sure the fear of what is happening with this shoe (clowning) was also a determining factor on the price. This shoe is not going to live long enough to reach amortization.   keep this in mind when you are buying any of the retro shoes from these publicly traded companies. The bruin/dunk/Vans classic tooling has been paid for decades. The margin on those shoes is...you get the picture....

-

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #30137 on: April 06, 2018, 03:52:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

OK....
- Materials. The material always matters. You have to pay tariffs/dutys on all materials. Leather/Suede is at 9% and Synthetics of any kinds are at 19-21% depending on the country of origin. The US makes cows. The leather gets shipped over seas. Thus, when a shoe manufacturer uses leather he is supporting the farming industry in the US = lower tariffs. Synthetics are made over seas = they get dinged at the higher rate.

- Margin. any publicly traded company (NIKE/ADI/VANS) is concerned with margin. Higher margins = profitability/dividends for shareholders. The shitty part about margin is that it is also a key factor in all publicly traded shoe companies SR leadership bonus structure. This includes chiefs in design/development/sales. So there is that impacting the price also.

- Tooling. One of the reasons this ADI slip - on is so expensive is that it is all new tooling. If it had used an existing sole that had already been amortized (paid for), it would have been cheaper. I am sure the fear of what is happening with this shoe (clowning) was also a determining factor on the price. This shoe is not going to live long enough to reach amortization.   keep this in mind when you are buying any of the retro shoes from these publicly traded companies. The bruin/dunk/Vans classic tooling has been paid for decades. The margin on those shoes is...you get the picture....

-

When I buy a shoe I don't want to fix it by using some shoe glue I want a functioning shoe to begin with..

And I know that's why I left out synthetics because they have higher tariffs..
But Do you seriously think that companies don't fix their prices if they use leather or other materials? For what I've seen leather shoes are almost always pricier than say suede or canvas.. Some nike janoski I got in leather were five bucks more expensive than suede version.. Companies just add the extra on the retail price for us consumers to pay.. I'd even say that they make more profit on these type deals like that buze samba which is also a remodeling of a existing shoe...

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #30138 on: April 06, 2018, 04:59:44 AM »

new cons slip colourways, still found in US shops

man those are some nice VANS
good come sausage

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #30139 on: April 06, 2018, 05:18:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

OK....

-
[close]

When I buy a shoe I don't want to fix it by using some shoe glue I want a functioning shoe to begin with..

And I know that's why I left out synthetics because they have higher tariffs..
But Do you seriously think that companies don't fix their prices if they use leather or other materials? For what I've seen leather shoes are almost always pricier than say suede or canvas.. Some nike janoski I got in leather were five bucks more expensive than suede version.. Companies just add the extra on the retail price for us consumers to pay.. I'd even say that they make more profit on these type deals like that buze samba which is also a remodeling of a existing shoe...

I'm totally on board with you in the first point. That flaw is stupid and shouldn't happen. It somehow slipped through but I was not involved in the process so I cant blame anyone other than guess... I just gave a example of an loved shoe with a similar flaw.

2nd point, why do they make a bigger profit in the buz samba? I would say they make arround the same.
I have both the normal Vulc Buz and the Buz Samba and its not like they stitched an extra panel in the toe and raised 10$ in the price. The overall materials on the samba version are better. they used an higher grain leather (not all leather is the same or cost the same) and for example the lining in the heel area in the normal vulc is just mesh, while the samba is leather, so this type of stuff make it a more valuable product, raising up the retail price. 

Leaky, you were pretty on point with what you wrote, I just think the materials parts is not that clear, because you make it sound like synthetic stuff is more expensive but most of the time, even with the higher tax, it is cheaper than animal stuff. but fuck, enough of this stuff...
Lets post shoes guys!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #30140 on: April 07, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »
OG lynx drop is supposed to be limited.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2294
« Reply #30141 on: April 07, 2018, 10:13:36 AM »
Yep, limited shops and a size run of 12 pairs per shop. DC sent me some the other day. They're really thick.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #30142 on: April 07, 2018, 11:18:32 AM »
those things look cartoonishly big

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #30143 on: April 07, 2018, 12:34:35 PM »
Just saw that Adidas is charging $150 for a fucking sock and calling it a skate shoe.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #30144 on: April 07, 2018, 01:07:25 PM »
I don't usually like it when Stoop Kid posts, but when I do, it's pretty damn good

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #30145 on: April 07, 2018, 03:15:50 PM »
Yep, limited shops and a size run of 12 pairs per shop. DC sent me some the other day. They're really thick.

I will be at PacificDrive on the 14th.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30146 on: April 07, 2018, 03:23:56 PM »
OG lynx drop is supposed to be limited.

It’ll be a bummer to see people push switch regularly in these or any of the DC heritage shoes

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
  • old and in the way
« Reply #30147 on: April 07, 2018, 09:50:36 PM »
Watson, do they fit true to size? Is the sole flexible at all? Any idea on the drop $?

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #30148 on: April 08, 2018, 02:40:50 AM »
So us Euro kids (read: +30) aren't going to see any?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #30149 on: April 08, 2018, 08:44:33 AM »
The Lynx fits true to size.
$110 retail.
shops are getting sizes 6-12, only 1 of every size but 10.